Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

IuniusBrutus posted:

make sure the sear spring isn't snagging on the safety.

That's not it, I got the sear spring over the safety. Might try the nylon hammer approach after I get a new detent spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great_heron
Oct 1, 2011

I'm very seriously considering getting one of those VZ 2008s from AIM Surplus since they're apparently only doing one last run of them. $499 for the rifle, 5 mags, a bayonet and a sling seems like a good deal. Link here: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...97614d-18555905

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

DO IT! They're great guns.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Got a lefty 452 Lux, thank you whoever posted the link to it on Buds. Luckily, the kinda blah scope I have clears the front sight post by about the thickness of a piece of paper. I tried to make the iron sights work but my eyes terrible and they will have to wait until I get new glasses. Besides that its amazing and super accurate and feels great and I just love it so much. Loves long walks on the beach and Eley Subsonic HP's.

Now my interest is piqued on CZ. I currently have a USP I'm in the process of selling and the CZ85 Combat is calling me. I can't find one to hold in the Seattle area yet so hopefully someone can tell me how the grip on the 85 compares to a full size USP. I'm really after something thinner and maybe longer. Basically, I want my Buckmark but in 9mm form. I know the aftermarket aluminum grips really take the width down, I'm just looking for confirmation.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Mcqueen posted:

Now my interest is piqued on CZ. I currently have a USP I'm in the process of selling and the CZ85 Combat is calling me. I can't find one to hold in the Seattle area yet so hopefully someone can tell me how the grip on the 85 compares to a full size USP. I'm really after something thinner and maybe longer. Basically, I want my Buckmark but in 9mm form. I know the aftermarket aluminum grips really take the width down, I'm just looking for confirmation.

Find a 75 and try it out. The 75 and 85 are exactly the same gun with the exception of the ambi controls.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Mcqueen posted:

Got a lefty 452 Lux, thank you whoever posted the link to it on Buds. Luckily, the kinda blah scope I have clears the front sight post by about the thickness of a piece of paper.
You're welcome You can pad some pliers to squeeze open the front sight cover and slide it off if that is what you meant.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Mcqueen posted:

Got a lefty 452 Lux, thank you whoever posted the link to it on Buds. Luckily, the kinda blah scope I have clears the front sight post by about the thickness of a piece of paper. I tried to make the iron sights work but my eyes terrible and they will have to wait until I get new glasses. Besides that its amazing and super accurate and feels great and I just love it so much. Loves long walks on the beach and Eley Subsonic HP's.

452 bros

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Hitmage posted:

I'm very seriously considering getting one of those VZ 2008s from AIM Surplus since they're apparently only doing one last run of them. $499 for the rifle, 5 mags, a bayonet and a sling seems like a good deal. Link here: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...97614d-18555905

I've waffled on these forever and at 500 for 5 mags and a bayonet? You'll never see a price like that again. Bought mine.

great_heron
Oct 1, 2011

Yeah, I'm gonna grab one next week if I have the cash and they're still around.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Mcqueen posted:

What rings did you use?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

king of the bongo posted:

You're welcome You can pad some pliers to squeeze open the front sight cover and slide it off if that is what you meant.

I totally meant to say rear sight. I don't think the barrel is blued under the rear sight from what I've read. Kind of a bummer.

DJExile posted:

452 bros

cougar cub posted:

What rings did you use?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002IL9FA/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

Got me one of these a few weeks ago, finally got around to grabbing some pics.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

god damnit cant find those in

great_heron
Oct 1, 2011

Just got a call that my P-07 came in so I'll pick it up tomorrow, maybe get pics up with my pre-B.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

martinlutherbling posted:

Got me one of these a few weeks ago, finally got around to grabbing some pics.

Very nice! Mine is still on backorder along with a SP-01. The store gave me a good deal but I have to wait when their stock replenishes. 6 months so far with not ETA

Got a scope lined up for that?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

That full stock is amazing, great wood too.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Mcqueen posted:

That full stock is amazing, great wood too.

That style stock is called a Mannlicher (Man Licker) and it's the best kind of stock

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

I'm gonna stick with iron sights. I'm thinking either a a Williams peep or BRNO target sights, or throw the Redfield Olympic sights from my Anschutz if I can find a proper adapter.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Anyone seen a CZ75 "Shadow line"

as far as I can tell it's a CZ 75 with the same trigger and sights as an SP01 Shadow??

WHICH TO GET

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Do you want a railed, full length dustcover? Make your decision based on that.

1833Marine
May 7, 2006

YAT YAS

I'm thinking of purchasing a 75B and can get the 75B Omega for a pretty good price. Any reasons at all I should avoid the Omega and instead wait on getting a standard 75?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

1833Marine posted:

I'm thinking of purchasing a 75B and can get the 75B Omega for a pretty good price. Any reasons at all I should avoid the Omega and instead wait on getting a standard 75?

The Omega system is basically the P07/09 trigger system in a 75B frame. Third post in this thread details some of the differences. Part compatibility is limited, so most aftermarket 75 parts will not fit. Luckily CGW has you covered.

Has anyone noticed the CGW guns-for-sale page has upgraded 85 Combats coming soon. At just a tad over $900 bucks shipped, they seem like a decent deal.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

So man I think I'm either doing something wrong or I got the wrong parts.

http://imgur.com/ajh6CQg,jqV3C1X,SCIbR2W,eE7vBXk,NlyUWB4

My safety will just not go through the sear cage and through to the other side. I tried just pushing the saftey through the right side of the frame and no go.

Emailed Dave at CGW hopefully he knows whats up.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

E2M2 posted:

So man I think I'm either doing something wrong or I got the wrong parts.

http://imgur.com/ajh6CQg,jqV3C1X,SCIbR2W,eE7vBXk,NlyUWB4

My safety will just not go through the sear cage and through to the other side. I tried just pushing the saftey through the right side of the frame and no go.

Emailed Dave at CGW hopefully he knows whats up.

Yeah, that's exactly what mine was doing. Whaled on it with a nylon hammer in a fit of frustration, and it popped in. YMMV

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Yeah, that's exactly what mine was doing. Whaled on it with a nylon hammer in a fit of frustration, and it popped in. YMMV

Yea I was using a finish hammer and no go. Man Dave said I gotta call him though. Lame.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Yay I got it back together:

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

E2M2 posted:

Yay I got it back together:

I remember that happening to me on my 85 Combat, but I figured out that one little part was just slightly not in the correct spot and it came back together. It's been a year, though, so I don't remember what it was. What did Dave tell you?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

I was cocking the hammer all the w way back instead of half cock which was the correct way.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

haha how cute is this thing

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/79-pistols-cz/PC/CZ_75_OMPACT_SHADOW_LINE.aspx

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Anyone have any experience with Damascus Gun Shop?

Debating ditching my G19/G26 for an P-01 and a RAMI. Anyone done this or have a good weight comparison? I like the Glocks well enough as a "It works when I pull the trigger" gun, but I like the triggers on CZ's more and I've been so happy with my 527 I kinda wanna switch my pistols. I shot my buddies 75B a while back and loved it.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Stock triggers on CZs are pretty meh. You sure your buddy didn't have a riced up trigger?

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Like the above poster said, a stock cz is nice and ergonomic but the trigger is not great. Their stock reset, it's a bit long, can get a bit annoying for me. People online who rave about cz almost always have worked on guns and this includes the rimfire rifles as well. So now a 500$ cz suddenly starts creeping up in price and a whole new world of possible issues starts opening up.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Akion posted:

Anyone have any experience with Damascus Gun Shop?

Debating ditching my G19/G26 for an P-01 and a RAMI. Anyone done this or have a good weight comparison? I like the Glocks well enough as a "It works when I pull the trigger" gun, but I like the triggers on CZ's more and I've been so happy with my 527 I kinda wanna switch my pistols. I shot my buddies 75B a while back and loved it.

I bought my CZ 85 Combat from them. Good shop, pretty decent pricing on new guns.

The trigger on my CZ is glorious now, but only because I sank roughly a third of the price of the base gun into CGW parts, plus the undefined cost of home-funsmithing those parts in myself.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I bought my CZ 85 Combat from them. Good shop, pretty decent pricing on new guns.

The trigger on my CZ is glorious now, but only because I sank roughly a third of the price of the base gun into CGW parts, plus the undefined cost of home-funsmithing those parts in myself.

I was waiting for SP-01 Shadows to come back in stock, but that GCW 85 Combat might be what I end up with. They still work with the Kadet kit correct? For reliability shooting .22 should I opt for a heavier main spring or just get the extended firing pin?

Soupisgood
Dec 5, 2012

E2M2 posted:

Stock triggers on CZs are pretty meh. You sure your buddy didn't have a riced up trigger?

I like stock cz triggers. In SA it feels like there's a dead zone where the trigger isn't catching on anything, then you pull back a little further and the hammer starts to move and then finally it drops down. It's miles ahead of the berettas I've shot at the very least.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

One of the Austin area goons may be interested in this:http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=524347
Very nice looking Pre-B 75 w/ 3 mags for $395.00.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

How did I miss this? It's freakin' adorable.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I was waiting for SP-01 Shadows to come back in stock, but that GCW 85 Combat might be what I end up with. They still work with the Kadet kit correct? For reliability shooting .22 should I opt for a heavier main spring or just get the extended firing pin?

Either or both, some people are finding the ext firing pin doesn't help at all, some say it helps a ton. On my kit its working great with a 13lb spring, but most people seem to be using a 15lb with the ext firing pin.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

How did I miss this? It's freakin' adorable.

It's like a tiny SP01 Shadow

I think I'm going to get the straight 75 Shadow Line - if I can get one - because it'll look better with a Kadet kit than the Sp01 Shadow and I have no need for a rail. And it's a bit different, noone has one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=402640164

Real Deal Jericho 45 with a Frame mounted Safety

Dude claims only 6 were ever imported into the US (plausible) and wants $4550 ( )