Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

ZebraBlade posted:

Yeah its the retro short rail in the leather case. I will just pick it up and who knows down the road if I get bored and want to sell it.

Fuckin buy that, man. $500 is a great deal. I want one that three tier slide is pretty lookin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Bummey posted:

Fuckin buy that, man. $500 is a great deal. I want one that three tier slide is pretty lookin

Youre drat right it is.

Blurrypics since I just had my eyes dilated.

My competition SP01 finally has a brother to play with!

Hmmm there are a few subtle differences between the Limited Edition Retro gun and the SP01.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Man CZ really should of gone all the way and removed the FPB from the retro models . They (and the first models) look so classy.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Man CZ really should of gone all the way and removed the FPB from the retro models . They (and the first models) look so classy.

That and went all black.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

1791apparel posted:

That and went all black.

I think the silver (stainless?) highlights on the controls is pretty rad

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Go real retro and not just fake hipster retro: https://www.iammo.com/Guns/Pre-Owne...ne-CZ75-SYBB-PO

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

that's not a short rail which is the whole point really

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't like the early 75 look, plus the "Retro" model still has the firing pin block. Two strikes against it, whereas the pre-B I linked still has the sexy rounded trigger guard and no FPB and is therefore superior

I will concede that retro grips look great, but I hear they're crap for anything besides aesthetics. Besides all of that, one for $500 sounds like a deal and you should get it if you like it.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

I like the retro hammer but prefer the modern frame/slide/trigger guard

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

I will concede that retro grips look great, but I hear they're crap for anything besides aesthetics.

They are actually pretty nice. I like them much more than the weird rubber ones that came on my SP01, but not as much as my new CZC thin aluminium grips with grip tape.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Anyone put hands on those Turkish CZ clones?

Eyeing a Tristar P120 or Canik Stingray C

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

E2M2 posted:

Anyone put hands on those Turkish CZ clones?

Eyeing a Tristar P120 or Canik Stingray C

I haven't shot one, but I have handled a Stingray C in hard chrome. Looks and feels good to me. The Turks even added a bit of refinement, lengthening the trigger return spring and routing it through the frame. The machining looked a bit better than CZs. Trigger felt about the same as a CZ. I really don't like the stupid cocked chamber indicator, but that's just aesthetic.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Anyone know where I can find a CZ P-01 in stock? They're impossible to find local and they seem to be out of stock on every website I've looked at. Even CZ custom is backordered w/ no ETA.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

TheDon01 posted:

Anyone know where I can find a CZ P-01 in stock? They're impossible to find local and they seem to be out of stock on every website I've looked at. Even CZ custom is backordered w/ no ETA.

Have you checked Whittakers?

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

1791apparel posted:

Have you checked Whittakers?

I have not, just checked. They list them but don't mention if they're in stock or give a price. I'll give em a call tomorrow.

Never heard of these guys before, they a pretty good store to buy things from?

Thanks.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

TheDon01 posted:

These guns come in sporadically. I had to wait 4 months to get an SP-01 Shadow. Just keep checking sites and gun broker and what you want will turn up. I saw a few P-01s and P-06s at a gun show a few weeks ago so they are out there.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

TheDon01 posted:

I have not, just checked. They list them but don't mention if they're in stock or give a price. I'll give em a call tomorrow.

Never heard of these guys before, they a pretty good store to buy things from?

Thanks.

Are you next to philly at all?

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

king of the bongo posted:

Are you next to philly at all?

Anchorage, AK.
Kinda isolated gun market if you're not looking for some fudd gun. Also nearly impossible to buy cheap ammo online.

I work for a sporting goods store with an FFL though so I got access to free transfers.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

madeintaipei posted:

I haven't shot one, but I have handled a Stingray C in hard chrome. Looks and feels good to me. The Turks even added a bit of refinement, lengthening the trigger return spring and routing it through the frame. The machining looked a bit better than CZs. Trigger felt about the same as a CZ. I really don't like the stupid cocked chamber indicator, but that's just aesthetic.

Sounds good enough for me.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

So my P-07's rear sight can be drifted with your thumb. Took it out yesterday and noticed that it was shooting six inches to the left at seven yards, so I poked the rear sight and it moved.

Anywhere I can get good, not-plastic sights for this thing? Honestly don't care if they're used.

TheHeavyPersuader
Oct 25, 2010

Exit Strategy posted:

So my P-07's rear sight can be drifted with your thumb. Took it out yesterday and noticed that it was shooting six inches to the left at seven yards, so I poked the rear sight and it moved.

Anywhere I can get good, not-plastic sights for this thing? Honestly don't care if they're used.

I'm partial to Dawson. Their charger rear sight has been excellent on my 85 combat and their fibre front sights are the best around.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Exit Strategy posted:

http://cajungunworks.com/p-07_p-09_omega.html

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

monkied around with my TS' sear this weekend in an attempt to shorten the reset travel

so nice now, just a tiny bit longer than my 1911's reset now too

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Just got my SP01 back from Cajun Gun Works.

SAO Conversion, FPB Removal, Fiber optic front sight, tuning, etc. plus I separately ordered some new grips from coppergungrips.

the trigger in one word:

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

I really like CGW's race hammers. sucks rear end that they don't fit in the TS

oh well, I'll make due with my czechmate hammer

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Are you sure that they don't? I remember talking to the guy about them and I'm pretty sure he said that they work, they're just not full width, so they look a little funny.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

I know that CZ small bore rifles are 'tight'. My 452 Lux LH model is giving me grief with a couple ammo brands. One in ever five rounds of Eley Subsonic HP's squibs about...8-10 inches through the barrel, Aguila Super Colibri will not exit the barrel most of the time, and Federal red box works flawlessly. I'm sure that bullet speed has something to do with it but should this be happening at all? The rounds that get stuck aren't hard to get out, just pushing a 22 sized brass rod through offers almost no resistance and the lead falls right out. The rifle is all but brand new and the bore looks perfect.

I'd be less pissed if the Eley didn't make very small holes consistently for me.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

Are you sure that they don't? I remember talking to the guy about them and I'm pretty sure he said that they work, they're just not full width, so they look a little funny.

eh they would, but I'm pretty sure they'd have side to side play which wouldn't be good in a cz where the sear cage isn't exactly fixed in the frame

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

I was having feeding issues with my P-07, like bad. Like 4-5 in 100 rounds which is unacceptable, I like 100% reliability or I'm selling the firearm. I already had an issue with the transfer bar which CZ fixed under warranty(they have great customer service by the way).

So I made 3 changes and I'm unsure which one it was. I switched from oil to grease on the slide, I changed out the Mag springs to Wolff Extra Power and started using different ammo (S&B). Shot 200 rounds with no malfunctions. Yay.

/Worthless post

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

right arm posted:

eh they would, but I'm pretty sure they'd have side to side play which wouldn't be good in a cz where the sear cage isn't exactly fixed in the frame

The base of the hammer is the same width for the TS and the 75, so there shouldn't be any play... just an unsightly gap where it hits the firing pin.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

z06ck posted:

I was having feeding issues with my P-07, like bad. Like 4-5 in 100 rounds which is unacceptable, I like 100% reliability or I'm selling the firearm. I already had an issue with the transfer bar which CZ fixed under warranty(they have great customer service by the way).

So I made 3 changes and I'm unsure which one it was. I switched from oil to grease on the slide, I changed out the Mag springs to Wolff Extra Power and started using different ammo (S&B). Shot 200 rounds with no malfunctions. Yay.

/Worthless post

I'd guess ammo. What were you using prior?

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

1791apparel posted:

I'd guess ammo. What were you using prior?

Winchester white box and federal (blue and red box). They were all failing to feed. This caused a serious lockup of the slide which takes a lot of force to clear, more than any other handgun I've had it happen in.

edit: Will keep on shooting s&b for target and I'm about to try some HST's here soon.

z06ck fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 7, 2014

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

The base of the hammer is the same width for the TS and the 75, so there shouldn't be any play... just an unsightly gap where it hits the firing pin.

hrmery maybe it's just the sear then. cause I emailed CGW and they said no to putting the sear into a TS, so if figured no to the hammer as well

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I'm trying to break in the bolt of my 455 and I notice that the finish is coming off the side of the receiver where the bolt arm rubs against it. Normal? There is definitely silver coming through the finish on the surface immediately in front of the safety.

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 7, 2014

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

z06ck posted:

Winchester white box and federal (blue and red box). They were all failing to feed. This caused a serious lockup of the slide which takes a lot of force to clear, more than any other handgun I've had it happen in.

edit: Will keep on shooting s&b for target and I'm about to try some HST's here soon.

Whoa, I take that back then. I expected to hear Wolf or Tula.

Either way it sounds sorted. You should run some of the old ammo just as a shakedown test.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

1791apparel posted:

Whoa, I take that back then. I expected to hear Wolf or Tula.

Either way it sounds sorted. You should run some of the old ammo just as a shakedown test.

Yeah, I think I will. It'd be nice to know what the root cause was if not ammo. I suspected springs in the mags honestly, mine felt flimsy as poo poo.

I've shot thousands of rounds of Wolf with no failures (not 1) through my AR's but that is not a handgun.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

right arm posted:

hrmery maybe it's just the sear then. cause I emailed CGW and they said no to putting the sear into a TS, so if figured no to the hammer as well

The sear is a no go, yeah. The hammer is universal as I remember. Ask, though.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

19. That is the number of days it took me to remember that decocker CZs lack the hope of the glorious SAO conversion/wonder that would make a normal CZ75/compact something I'd like to own. Suck it P01.

Mechworrier
Jul 21, 2003

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

z06ck posted:

Yeah, I think I will. It'd be nice to know what the root cause was if not ammo. I suspected springs in the mags honestly, mine felt flimsy as poo poo.

I've shot thousands of rounds of Wolf with no failures (not 1) through my AR's but that is not a handgun.

The regular mag springs for my p-07 a really strong. Like, difficult to get the last couple rounds in strong. If yours felt weird I'd bet you're right about them being the culprit. I take it you were having the same issue w/ both factory mags? Also, were these the new 15 rounders or the "16" rd mags that shipped with the original version of the p-07?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Mechworrier posted:

The regular mag springs for my p-07 a really strong. Like, difficult to get the last couple rounds in strong. If yours felt weird I'd bet you're right about them being the culprit. I take it you were having the same issue w/ both factory mags? Also, were these the new 15 rounders or the "16" rd mags that shipped with the original version of the p-07?

They are the 16 round magazines and they were easy to load(aka weak springs), both had the issue.