Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Nice belt, Ares Ranger? I didn't think their Navy Blue seemed that bright. Must be the lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minlune
Dec 13, 2004

They were good years; a time of bounty. The children grew and the crops flourished. And then the pandas came and took it all away.

Blight Runner posted:

Nice belt, Ares Ranger? I didn't think their Navy Blue seemed that bright. Must be the lighting.

Thanks! It's a Double Alpha Academy (DAA) belt. Similar to CR Speed belts, but the outer belt is stiffer than the CR's and the inner belt is thinner.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

Anyone have the Meprolight sights that CZ installs from the factory on their pistol? I'm looking at a set for my P-01 on Amazon, and my Amazon card. I've heard that Trijicon's sights are a little too high in the rear, causing noticeable problems.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Exit Strategy posted:

Anyone have the Meprolight sights that CZ installs from the factory on their pistol? I'm looking at a set for my P-01 on Amazon, and my Amazon card. I've heard that Trijicon's sights are a little too high in the rear, causing noticeable problems.

If you get these let me know how they turn out, I'd be interested in putting some on my P01. Is this the set you're looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Meprolight-Tru-Dot-Night-Sight-P-01/dp/B00555BAT0 ?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

GEEKABALL posted:

If you get these let me know how they turn out, I'd be interested in putting some on my P01. Is this the set you're looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Meprolight-Tru-Dot-Night-Sight-P-01/dp/B00555BAT0 ?

Yep, those exactly.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

GEEKABALL posted:

I'd be interested in knowing, too. I'm thinking of sending my CZ 75B to CGW for some tuning and possibly getting these added on, as well.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Exit Strategy posted:

Don't they offer different height front sights to compensate for these sorts of things? I'd contact Mepro's and ask about that first.

HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
Answering every pregnancy with a Coathanger!

So I went to the Gunshow last sunday, and was able to fondle a few of the pieces that I have on my list. Including the PCR, which I absolutely loved! I also was able to handle a Canik/Tristar c-100 which felt remarkably similar to the PCR. Albeit the factory grips that were on the Canik were not nearly as nice as the PCR, and the Canik definitely felt lighter.

I was not able to Purchase anything, as the dealers I spoke to did not want to make a deal (sorry $425 for a used C-100 with no work done, only 1 magazine, and no case is outrageous when I can have it shipped to my FFL, Brand New for $350 after Transfer fees with 2 magazines, a case, cleaning kit, and mag reloader.), so Today I placed the Order, and should have the piece in a few short weeks.

I will be sure to write up a report on my first impressions if you guys want to hear what I think about it after tear down, cleaning, and firing. This is my first purchase of a firearm, and I am kind of giddy about it!

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oh yeah,several years down the line I've tossed a few of the useful links (Marshall, CGW) from the last few pages of the thread into the OP. Feel free to yell at me to let me know if anything else needs to be up there.

Starhoof
Aug 3, 2013

Was bothering my mother to get herself a handgun (she lives in the middle of no-where). Spent 2 weeks trying to buy her a SIG, or talk her into getting herself one with no luck at all....After I ended up leaving for a deployment, she got herself one of those....

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

What's with the blue bullets?

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

various cheeses posted:

They look like Herter's TNJ. Supposedly the nylon jacket is a little cheaper than copper and keeps lead dust to a minimum, since it wraps all the way around the bullet. It's like the Smith & Wesson Nyclad offering.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

various cheeses posted:

What do you have against blue bullets?

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

Yond Cassius posted:

They look like Herter's TNJ. Supposedly the nylon jacket is a little cheaper than copper and keeps lead dust to a minimum, since it wraps all the way around the bullet. It's like the Smith & Wesson Nyclad offering.

They're also great to determine if the cause of a feeding issue is the magazine or the feed ramp according to some, as the nylon jacket will feed into almost anything with a decent angle. Basically, if a pistol refuses to feed this, you need to look at the magazine. YMMV of course.

I enjoyed it just because of how cheap it was. Haven't seen it locally for a few months though.

Edit: Said one thing when I meant the other.

snotball007 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 2, 2014

Winnie the Pooh
Feb 16, 2012

Is there a trick for getting out hammer pins?

I'm disassembling to prepare for a CGW race hammer for my CZ-75B and I can't get one of the pins out. Should I just hit it harder?

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Winnie the Pooh posted:

I'm disassembling to prepare for a CGW race hammer for my CZ-75B and I can't get one of the pins out. Should I just hit it harder?

Yes. CGW sells a sturdy starter punch for a reason.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

Winnie the Pooh posted:

make sure you're supporting the hammer that the pin is driven through. I took a block of wood and drilled a hole in it when I swapped the CZUB hammer into my old TS

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Who should I talk to for a threaded barrel for my P01?

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

I don't know how actually rare they are but since we were just talking about Blued CZ97Bs, here is one on gunbroker that I would probably try to buy myself if they weren't off-roster. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=452047788

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Uh. I know this is Instagram hearsay, but this is a pretty big gunshop in FL. Why is this the first means by which I'm hearing of it? Anyone have another source?

TLDR: CZ Brens and Evos in the US end of Jan 2015. Will be sold as pistols (probably to avoid "official" 922r nonsense?). Brens $2095, Evos $995.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

DrPop posted:

Brens $2095

Could get a parts kit and build a proper Bren for less than that.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

DrPop posted:

TLDR: CZ Evos $995.

Holy poo poo.... This needs to be true.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

DrPop posted:

Evos $995.

I just stood up at my desk when I saw that.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

No way, that has to be a typo!

So...... where can I get a stock for one in anticipation of getting a stamp?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I hope they come to Canada soon, in non restricted barrel lengths! Probably the Evo will only be restricted length (<18.5")

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

various cheeses posted:

I just stood up at my desk when I saw that.

Yeah, that's too good to be true.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

gently caress everything else, I need a Skorpion and a Bren.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

The Brens are rad as hell. I handled a FA version and it was so awesome. If a non-restricted version comes to Canada I will definitely get one.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

lol you're high if you think they'll price the evo under $1.5k

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

right arm posted:

lol you're high if you think they'll price the evo under $1.5k

I dunno, isn't it mostly polymer? Also shut up stop ruining my dreams.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

various cheeses posted:

Many polymer guns go for over 5k

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Yeah I bet that Evo is $1995 and they typo dropped the 1.

Makes the Bren seem like a deal!

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

various cheeses posted:

yes but so is the USC and that started at $2kish

I will be the first in line to buy it if it goes for <$3k in a pistol because efiling pistols as SBRs is addictive

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Is the "rarity" of a cz-75 semicompact worth anything or would they just fall under standard cz-75 prices?

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Not too familiar with all the CZ configurations out there. Is a Semi-Compact a full frame with a short (P-01?) slide or the other way around (Long slide/Compact frame)? Or is it something else entirely.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

TheDon01 posted:

Not too familiar with all the CZ configurations out there. Is a Semi-Compact a full frame with a short (P-01?) slide or the other way around (Long slide/Compact frame)? Or is it something else entirely.

What you're asking makes no sense.

Read this: http://cz-usa.com/product-category/handguns/

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

z06ck posted:

What you're asking makes no sense.

Read this: http://cz-usa.com/product-category/handguns/

I don't see a semi-compact anywhere on that page.

And what doesn't make sense about my question? You can totally swap a 75compact/P-01 slide onto a full size (16+1 rd) frame and vice versa, I was wondering if this was at one point a factory option.

TheDon01 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 19, 2014

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

FWIW, that Instagram post is gone now. Who knows what's up.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

It was a limited run in 2004 of cz-75 compact slides on full sized frames, but the slide is labeled 75 semi-compact. The box calls it "Jerry's Special" on the side. From what i've gathered it was a large custom order from some shop somewhere that never made it mainstream. I can throw up some photos of it and the box if anyones curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Anyone try or shoot one of the Tristar CZ clones?

Thinking really hard about a P-120, the SP-01 clone.