Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Pretty sure SAO bumps you out of Production. So you can scratch the SA.

Shadows pretty much dominate that scene though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Operating Rod posted:

Well, it looks like I'm not getting my PX4 back any time soon.

So now I'm looking at CZs that I could both carry and shoot IDPA with. I want the heaviest, biggest gun I can still conceal at 6'2, 200, so I'm thinking a straight 75B, 75 SA or 85 Combat.

Which one will wrap carry-ability, shootability and ease of resale together best?

I can only speak for the 85 Combat, but it's a pretty big gun to be trying to carry concealed. YMMV at 6'2", but I imagine it'd still be pretty uncomfortable.

chise
Jan 8, 2009

My hands are really small, like asian man. Does anyone know where I can get sp-01 grips that will slim that thing out?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Your best bet is probably the aluminum ones available at czcustom.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Me doing a videoreview of the crap 30 round magazines I recently got for my CZ 75:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvjKlOUA1Uk

Video of me trying to use it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WGy-0TM4s

tldr, do not buy the 30 round magazines.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

Heintron posted:

well, you certainly have that sighted in.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Heintron posted:

Me doing a videoreview of the crap 30 round magazines I recently got for my CZ 75:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvjKlOUA1Uk

What is the chance that something goes wrong with that carbine kit and the gun comes loose without you realizing it? It seems like it would be pretty easy to shoot your support hand off if you didn't have the gun lined up correctly.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Ninja Rope posted:

What is the chance that something goes wrong with that carbine kit and the gun comes loose without you realizing it? It seems like it would be pretty easy to shoot your support hand off if you didn't have the gun lined up correctly.

Basically zero. You lock it in place with a twist thing in the front top part of the kit. You would have to unlock it to remove the gun.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I'm still jealous of your (crappy) 30 round mags

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i've been reading that some people replace the polymer guide rod on cz75 with an aftermarket steel rod. Is there any real rational behind this or is it just folks assuming that plastic is weak/worthless etc.?

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Buce posted:

i've been reading that some people replace the polymer guide rod on cz75 with an aftermarket steel rod. Is there any real rational behind this or is it just folks assuming that plastic is weak/worthless etc.?

Usually it's "plastic is worthless" (though for guide rods sometimes plastic is more reliable) but some people prefer the added weight of a solid piece of neutron star in the front of their gun to help tame recoil.

Sane people use whatever the manufacturer put in the gun.

hangedman
Dec 20, 2003

Fish out of water

Buce posted:

The polymer guide rod on my CZ-75 TS is getting a little chewed up. After about 100 rounds, the frame will actually begin to put divots into the base of the rod if you rotate it to a new position. In fairness, while the plastic around the edges gets a little frayed, for the most part it seems to be holding up.

So in short, it works, but the piece doesn't give me a tremendous deal of confidence.

This guy seems to be having a worse problem with it than I do:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=14015.0

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Theres a few other things higher up on my list of guns to buy but eventually I'd kind of like to get a 75

this gunbroker seller has a number of Pre-B Czeck police-trade ins for under $350. random example. they seem to be in pretty good shape. Good deal?

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

this thread is really making me want a SP-01.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Basticle posted:

Theres a few other things higher up on my list of guns to buy but eventually I'd kind of like to get a 75

this gunbroker seller has a number of Pre-B Czeck police-trade ins for under $350. random example. they seem to be in pretty good shape. Good deal?

The pre-B police trade ins are great guns, and under $350 is a good price. Snap one up if you want it. I really enjoy shooting mine.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

powers posted:

this thread is really making me want a SP-01.

If it wasn't for my critical inability to properly grasp the slide I'd still have an SP-01. Softest shooting 9mm I've ever fired. The fact they're available in SAO almost makes me give up my dream of owning an X-Five.

wood grain grippin
May 22, 2006

wood grain sippin

Buce posted:

Generally people get steel or tungsten rods to add weight to the front of the gun and reduce recoil.

It's not really something that's worth doing in my opinion for an all metal gun and the plastic rod will last forever. It's also far easier to insert the spring into your gun with, as it bends.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Ninja Rope posted:

Sane people use whatever the manufacturer put in the gun.
Generally yes but in some cases metal guide rods are preferable. My Glock 29's factory spring started to push itself over the plastic endcap after a number of full-power rounds, so I replaced it with a non-captured Wolff metal rod. As a bonus it lets me swap spring weights depending on what ammo I'm shooting.

that said I put stainless rods in my Sigs just because they look baller

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

hangedman posted:

The polymer guide rod on my CZ-75 TS is getting a little chewed up. After about 100 rounds, the frame will actually begin to put divots into the base of the rod if you rotate it to a new position. In fairness, while the plastic around the edges gets a little frayed, for the most part it seems to be holding up.
I'd say that's preferable to a steel rod chewing up the frame.

Anarcho-Commissar
May 22, 2002

"The means of production being the collective work of humanity, the product should be the collective property of the race. Individual appropriation is neither just nor serviceable. All belongs to all."
- Pyotr Kropotkin

Can we also talk about derivatives in here?

(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'll speak for myself to say "Show me your Jericho."

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Sure, my favorite is 4*(x^3)

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

D/dx e^x = e^x

D/dx (a(x)/b(x) = a'(x)b(x)-b'(x)a(x)/[b(x)^2]

d/dx (f(x)g(x)= f'(x)g(x)+f(x)g'(x)

what's the power rule again?

devmd01 posted:

Sure, my favorite is 4*(x^3)

x^4? lame. mine is definitely e^x

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Operating Rod posted:

Well, it looks like I'm not getting my PX4 back any time soon.

So now I'm looking at CZs that I could both carry and shoot IDPA with. I want the heaviest, biggest gun I can still conceal at 6'2, 200, so I'm thinking a straight 75B, 75 SA or 85 Combat.

Which one will wrap carry-ability, shootability and ease of resale together best?

Hey, are you sincerely interested in IDPA? I started shooting with a group out in Simsbury and they're great. Casual and fun, good guys all around. If you come I want to try your CZ, they are the only thing that could tempt me away from the Dark Side (glocks)

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aside from math jokes, I don't see why not. We're already talking Poo-Tang-Foglios here.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Merge this thread with the BHP thread!

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

priznat posted:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

priznat posted:

As long as you pay for the bandages for the hammer bites.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

You know i've never had hammer bite from a BHP

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

I still have scars from the last couple times I shot my dad's BHP.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Too much handfat!

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Yeah I'm such a fatty fat mcfatterson.

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Hey, are you sincerely interested in IDPA
Yes, and I don't have the money to pick up another handgun yet.

Trying to scratch the itch with my Mark III but it just isn't the same.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Operating Rod posted:

Yes, and I don't have the money to pick up another handgun yet.

Trying to scratch the itch with my Mark III but it just isn't the same.

What centerfire handguns do you have right now? You can probably borrow one of my Glocks if you wanna shoot IDPA, though Nov's match with the NECPL is rifle only.

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

The only handgun I have is a Ruger Mark III right now. I think the only centerfire rifles I have ammo for are a Kar98K and an M39, too.

Might have the money together for a CZ and some brass and bullets in a couple of months but right now I'm broke.

Kennebago fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 6, 2011

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Operating Rod posted:

The only handgun I have is a Ruger Mark III right now. I think the only centerfire rifles I have ammo for are a Kar98K and an M39, too.

Might have the money together for a CZ and some brass and bullets in a couple of months but right now I'm broke.

Sell me either your K98k or M39.

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

I just picked up my new CZ 550 American in .308. I'll be sighting it in on Saturday. Everything feels so right and I love the Mauser style bolt.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Operating Rod posted:

If you still want to shoot IDPA between SFH1989 and myself I think that we will probably have a gun and a holster and mags + mgpouch for you if you just supply the ammo.

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

If the distances are reasonable I could get off my rear end and load some .30 Carbine for the rifle-only shoot. What else would I need? Would a mag pouch and dump pouch be ok?

This is my first smartphone post, it feels REALLY strange.

Kennebago fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Operating Rod posted:

If the distances are reasonable I could get off my rear end and load some .30 Carbine for the rifle-only shoot. What else would I need? Would a mag pouch and dump pouch be ok?

I'm not sure, I am going to ask the guy who organizes it. I have literally never shot rifle anything so I don't know how it works but I think all you need are mag pouches really, i think the dump pouch is the floor. I do know that in pistol IDPA you have to retain your mags any time you reload before slide lock so maybe a dump pouch would be useful for that.