Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Rereading has me seeing that Eren was pretty set from an early point. There’s even a moment where he admits to Armin that he never thought about what was outside the walls until Armin told him about it, and it’s only when Eren saw Armins expression at the thought, Eren says he then realized he wasn’t free (Armin in the panel seems to look as though he understands that is actually concerning statement)

In fact he mentions that all he used to do was cloud gaze, which is not an uncommon way to say someone’s fantasizing or seeing things they want to see in them. I have a stronger feeling on a reread that this ends with Eren possibly rumbling the world and then sealing Paradise off from the outside world again. He has an isolationists heart, and really only acted and awakened to the outside world when he senses in some manner that he had something taken from him.

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ah, it's not a Code Geass ending, it's a Watchmen ending.

"Armin, I'm not a shonen manga villain. I rumbled thirty-five minutes ago"

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

How cheesy would every SL member approaching Eren in the Paths, convincing him to dedicate his heart to humanity?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Sub Harrison posted:

How cheesy would every SL member approaching Eren in the Paths, convincing him to dedicate his heart to humanity?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I wonder if Ymir is trying to become whole again, trying to whittle that path of light with all of its branches back down to one

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In a out of nowhere twist Eren will be possessed by Ymir. Not the original Ymir though. She will take his body and save everyone and then settle down to marry her true love.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Ymir is waiting for her chance to capture all 9 tailed beasts titans and cast titan jutsu on the moon, turning all of humanity into walls.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Sub Harrison posted:

Only if after hearing every tearful plea, the P A T H S ghost of Erwin apperates, screams "Susume!" and Eren goes right back to Rumbling forward.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Theres a non zero chance this is the ending and it would make me lol.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

About as cheesy as Shaman Kings ending.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Eren can alter the Eldians' memories with the founding titan still right? Could that still come into play, or maybe even be in play right now, or would that be too against freedom for him to use?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Brightman posted:

Eren can alter the Eldians' memories with the founding titan still right? Could that still come into play, or maybe even be in play right now, or would that be too against freedom for him to use?

Since the Paths can manipulate Eldians' memories and physiology, I'm thinking Armin and Zeke might pull of some sorta maneuver to remake, remove and/or restore the Titans into humans and take away their ability to become Titans forever. I honestly don't know how Eren and Ymir can be stopped otherwise in three chapters but I trust Isayama will pull something off.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Armin throwing up giant red death flags, being the Survey Corps Commander* and talking about being willing to sacrifice everything.

*turns out Shadis didn't escape the inevitable, either.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
That would fall in line with Eren wanting Armin to get the serum besides Armin being his friend; Attack Titan future vision told him that Armin is going to be the one to save the world somehow in the end

Although I will lol if Armin is just like "hey Zeke lets try this idea" and Zeke, probably stuck making Titans for god knows how long is just "okay"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Brightman posted:

Having your memories altered against your will is probably the most anti freedom thing possible because it means you can't be free inside your own head so that's not happening unless Eren gets eaten by Armin who is a big fan of getting poo poo done no matter any cost

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I've always considered that *someone* could end up altering Eren's memories in the future (or those of his successor), leading him to believe that he'll win. To what end, I have no idea.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

eren selectively wiped his own memories of the future to influence his past self in the most convoluted just as keikaku caper yet

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

christmas boots posted:

Ah, it's not a Code Geass ending, it's a Watchmen ending.

"Armin, I'm not a shonen manga villain. I rumbled thirty-five minutes ago"
Even that doesn't work considering the rumbling is a mile away from two groups of people who think now is a good time to have a fight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

JahRoo posted:

I assume he can remember the pigs because Ymir previously held the combination of all the titans, so an especially advanced or awakened or whatever shifter would be able to reach all the way back to her memories.

Not sure about falco though maybe it's a sign that Eren eats him?

Falco's wearing the military uniform in that shot isn't he? That means it's probably just a scene that already happened when Falco was in Marley.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
That's from when Falco first shows up in the story at the battle against the Mideastern Alliance.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

New ep is up

I could've used more wide-shot warhammer action and longer cuts of 3DM gear action... but otherwise, weeeeeee!

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
That episode went by way too fast

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Excited to see one of my favorite spreads represented next week.

it has good "just woke up what is even happening" vibes

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
As silly as it is, my favorite animated bit so far was the moment when you hear the telltale sound of 3DMG and Pieck has an "...OH poo poo" moment.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm trying to imagine how good a shot you'd have to be to even hit someone using 3DMG.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I don’t see how the anime can catch the manga at this pace.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Viridiant posted:

I'm trying to imagine how good a shot you'd have to be to even hit someone using 3DMG.

You basically wait for them to run out of gas or mess up and you definitely don't take a fight with them in an urban setting where their bombs and wires have the greatest effect.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

hatty posted:

Excited to see one of my favorite spreads represented next week.

same but this

Faustian Bargain posted:

I don’t see how the anime can catch the manga at this pace.

Yeah I really don't know what the plan is for only 16 episodes in the whole season. There has to be a movie for the final arc or something

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

It'll be a two part final season.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Maybe-reliable leaks already said that the "Final Season" will not finish the series, and the director said he doesn't know how the story ends.
Meaning we're either getting a Part 2 later or we're getting a movie (preferably 2) for the Rumbling.
This is gonna end after the Paths Dimension.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Yeah this part is going to end right before or right after the paths.

I expect a 2nd cour but who knows.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
My memory can be particularly faulty, but I feel like we knew by now last season if we were getting a second cour.

Are things just particularly iffy because of Covid?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Yeah this part is going to end right before or right after the paths.

I expect a 2nd cour but who knows.

Looking at the pacing for the Marley half, this should end right when the rumbling starts. Could be another cour, could be a movie or two (especially since Demon Slayer just showed how viable in-continuity movies are), but either way, it's a helluva cliffhanger to keep people interested for the last act.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Asuron posted:

You basically wait for them to run out of gas or mess up and you definitely don't take a fight with them in an urban setting where their bombs and wires have the greatest effect.

But also you're fighting against soldiers who have been training since childhood to visualize and operate in a three dimensional battlefield. The only people who have a chance to fight back on first exposure are people who are prenatural marksmen like Gabi or country folk who hunt birds.

E: coincidentally this describes like every WWII ace

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
After the, y'know, genocide, I think the second thing that makes me feel the saddest is how even if they survive, Gabi and Falco are complete lost causes as far as having any semblance of a normal childhood once this is over. At the very least I can hope that Gabi is probably cured of her violent hatred for the Paradis folk, though all the trauma might dash any hope of that after this is all over.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
That is one thing I liked but forgot about from this episode/chapter, Galliard being all "Don't these insects know I'm a titan?!?!" lmao dude you have no idea what the Scouts have been dealing with all this time. Speaking of, we should at least get that this season too, Zeke's stupid rear end trying to run away in the forest :getin:

chiasaur11 posted:

Looking at the pacing for the Marley half, this should end right when the rumbling starts. Could be another cour, could be a movie or two (especially since Demon Slayer just showed how viable in-continuity movies are), but either way, it's a helluva cliffhanger to keep people interested for the last act.

Yeah this would make a lot of sense to do, imo. And I still need to see that movie

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Viridiant posted:

After the, y'know, genocide, I think the second thing that makes me feel the saddest is how even if they survive, Gabi and Falco are complete lost causes as far as having any semblance of a normal childhood once this is over. At the very least I can hope that Gabi is probably cured of her violent hatred for the Paradis folk, though all the trauma might dash any hope of that after this is all over.

Gabi killed dozens of people in trench warfare before she turned 13. A normal childhood was never an option.

Meanwhile, she's learned the same lesson as Eren without the whole precog train problem thing that's driving Eren to make such... extreme decisions. I don't think she'll be fine, but her genocidal hatred for Paradis is almost certainly gone for good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't think anyone in this story ever had a chance at a normal childhood.

Like it's worth recalling that Eren and Mikasa were stabbin' folks long before the Walls got breached.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Gabi has had an arc and only had to kill 1 (named) person for it. That's a hell of a lot better than Eren or the other Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
How dare you forget Lobov.