Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

And how the hell is it an eighth of a bathroom? A half-bath is toilet and sink so woudln't just a toilet be a quarter? Also, wash your hands in the tank I guess.

An eighth of a bathroom is just a glory hole.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

And how the hell is it an eighth of a bathroom? A half-bath is toilet and sink so woudln't just a toilet be a quarter? Also, wash your hands in the tank I guess.

A quarter bath is a toilet and the space to sit on it. That closet barely fits the toilet.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Blue Footed Booby posted:

A quarter bath is a toilet and the space to sit on it. That closet barely fits the toilet.

A toilet paper holder is probably being considered into their calculations as well.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Proteus Jones posted:

A toilet paper holder is probably being considered into their calculations as well.

We've already said there's no room for a sink

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dagen H posted:

A "urinal" consisting of a funnel poked through an exterior wall so it drains outside.

When is your kickstarter?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

ReelBigLizard posted:

When is your kickstarter?

I live in rural Ohio, this is An Actual Thing in a lot of pole barns/detached garages.

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 25, 2019

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Look at this fancy guy with his funnel, too good to piss through a knothole.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Oh man, wasn't there a horrorshow of a thread with a goon who was pissing through a hole in the floor of his kitchen instead of walking upstairs to the toilet?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
sounds like that stick figure mspaint where he's laying on top of the bathroom stalls and peeing down

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Oh man, wasn't there a horrorshow of a thread with a goon who was pissing through a hole in the floor of his kitchen instead of walking upstairs to the toilet?

Yes

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It was a hole in his bedroom iirc, and he was concerned about pissing on his dogs as they slept in the crawlspace. It was from the first real Bachelor thread, which was a goldmine for content like that.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Dagen H posted:

I live in rural Ohio, this is An Actual Thing in a lot of pole barns/detached garages.

A friends ex-husband has a nice detached auto-shop/garage, with a urinal mounted on the back wall that pipes straight out into the yard.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Plastik posted:

It was a hole in his bedroom iirc, and he was concerned about pissing on his dogs as they slept in the crawlspace. It was from the first real Bachelor thread, which was a goldmine for content like that.

I think this poster may actually have been a raccoon.

But holy poo poo.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Jaded Burnout posted:

We've already said there's no room for a sink

You’re just not trying hard enough. :colbert:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol I’ve love what you’ve done with prison chic aesthetic, Jim.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Do wet bars count as eighth or quarter baths?

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol I’ve love what you’ve done with prison chic aesthetic, Jim.
It’s so minimal. The interior design thread would love it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Do wet bars count as eighth or quarter baths?

Is the sink big enough to vomit in and does it have a disposal?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of crappy bathrooms, finally got a chance to contribute; family member bought a house and this is what we found in one of the bedrooms.

That's 3 vents that are cut through the drywall leading into the bathroom. Ventilation issues? Too cold/hot in the bathroom (or bedroom)? Really just liked listening to someone use the john? Who knows!

Bonus points: I didn't get a photo but when we went to patch them up, we found the vents were just drilled directly into the drywall. The furthest vent to the left (right in the bathroom picture) was literally a hole punched in the wall that wasn't even square, just kinda like they took a sledgehammer, punched a hole in it, threw a vent up and called it a night. Weird as hell.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ripoff posted:

Speaking of crappy bathrooms, finally got a chance to contribute; family member bought a house and this is what we found in one of the bedrooms.

That's 3 vents that are cut through the drywall leading into the bathroom. Ventilation issues? Too cold/hot in the bathroom (or bedroom)? Really just liked listening to someone use the john? Who knows!

Bonus points: I didn't get a photo but when we went to patch them up, we found the vents were just drilled directly into the drywall. The furthest vent to the left (right in the bathroom picture) was literally a hole punched in the wall that wasn't even square, just kinda like they took a sledgehammer, punched a hole in it, threw a vent up and called it a night. Weird as hell.

I can't wait to hear back about what new problems the house has now that they've been removed.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ripoff posted:

That's 3 vents

I see 4 vents in the first picture, 3 in the next, and the pattern is different. What's going on here? Are all the rooms just crazytown?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

H110Hawk posted:

I see 4 vents in the first picture, 3 in the next, and the pattern is different. What's going on here? Are all the rooms just crazytown?

The second pic is taken from the doorway barely visible at the far right of the first pic. That's the bathroom. The 4th vent goes into the walk-in closet, whose door is fully visible on the left in the first pic.

I'm not the OP, that's just my guess.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

StormDrain posted:

I can't wait to hear back about what new problems the house has now that they've been removed.

Mold. Definitely mold.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dagen H posted:

The second pic is taken from the doorway barely visible at the far right of the first pic. That's the bathroom. The 4th vent goes into the walk-in closet, whose door is fully visible on the left in the first pic.

I'm not the OP, that's just my guess.

Good guess, but the lower vent in the first picture is a legitimate return, the higher 3 are straight from the bedroom to the bathroom. No vent in the closet, thankfully.

totalnewbie posted:

Mold. Definitely mold.

That what I’m thinking, probably a woefully undersized (and dirt cheap) bathroom exhaust fan is at fault.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress the water closet, what’s coming out the vents?

Door#1: furnace puffback
Door#2: cracked heat exchanger (wonder if this is an estate sale??)
Door#3: poorly-set fake logs for a gas fireplace
Door#4: some really liked burning the mega-sized Yankee Candles or used those Glade Plug-Ins (or both, and constantly, for years)

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 26, 2019

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ripoff posted:

Good guess, but the lower vent in the first picture is a legitimate return,
Why would there be a return vent basically half way up a wall?

I mean I’ve seen basement-less houses with high vents, but even if that was originally two floors in the bedroom the return is lower than the door frame so ... you know, never mind.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Why would there be a return vent basically half way up a wall?

I mean I’ve seen basement-less houses with high vents, but even if that was originally two floors in the bedroom the return is lower than the door frame so ... you know, never mind.
I feel like returns high up on walls isn't really an oddity. My house has them, my parents house has them. I'm not sure the design argument for it, but yeah, I don't think it's some insane thing.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Slugworth posted:

I feel like returns high up on walls isn't really an oddity. My house has them, my parents house has them. I'm not sure the design argument for it, but yeah, I don't think it's some insane thing.
No, I understand vents up high. But up high in the ones I’ve seen means somewhat near the ceiling, not partially below door height.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

No, I understand vents up high. But up high in the ones I’ve seen means somewhat near the ceiling, not partially below door height.

Up higher requires specialized equipment and training (a ladder) whereas just above door height can be done with DIY equipment from your local hardware store (a chair)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Aren't there toilets (I think mostly in Japan?) where the sink is part of the toilet tank and drains right into it?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Any toilet can be a sink when you really think about it.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

FCKGW posted:

Any toilet can be a sink when you really think about it.

And anything on earth can be a toilet.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Aren't there toilets (I think mostly in Japan?) where the sink is part of the toilet tank and drains right into it?

Yes. It's nice to put some rocks in there, etc. Very pretty.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

StormDrain posted:

you guys took out the load bearing vents?! oh no

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
Who wants to live in a concrete box?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1610-Summit-St-Kansas-City-MO-64108/120852547_zpid/

Edit:

The neighbor house is for sale too; this is what their view of The Box looks like.

xergm fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 26, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
$1.5m lol

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Ripoff posted:

Ventilation issues? Too cold/hot in the bathroom (or bedroom)? Really just liked listening to someone use the john? Who knows!

my guess, based on the fact that the bathroom appears to have no windows and looks like an entirely enclosed space, is that the bathroom is an addition to the original floor plan, meaning they framed it up in that room and threw it in ad-hoc. check the blue prints on file w/ the city? if that's the case, there's also the chance their ad-hoc plumbing could be a whole fresh hell to discover

edit: or at least that room, if it exists in the original layout, wasn't a bathroom originally

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

xergm posted:

Who wants to live in a concrete box?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1610-Summit-St-Kansas-City-MO-64108/120852547_zpid/

Edit:

The neighbor house is for sale too; this is what their view of The Box looks like.

I should probably hate this more than I do, but I just want to grow some vines over it and live inside Sleeping Beauty's modern palace.