Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
My companions and I interviewed Cynic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Nasum is going to do some farewell shows with the singer of Rotten Sound.

I am crossing my fingers for a last minute add on to MDF, or they replace a band that drops.

Would be amazing.

http://nasum.com/2012/

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

thepitgoddess posted:

I am crossing my fingers for a last minute add on to MDF, or they replace a band that drops.

Would be amazing.

Holy mother of God, that sounds amazing. I am really interested to hear this.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

thepitgoddess posted:

Would be amazing.

A buddy of mine is going to poo poo himself over this news.

It was announced today that In Flames are going to be playing Ramfest here in South Africa. There's the usual annual complaining shitstorm anytime Ramfest announces ANYTHING, but at the end of the day it's an international metal band coming to SA, which is rare, to say the least.

I'm going regardless because In Flames were responsible for me getting into metal back in the day, so I want to know if their live show is any good. I know the lineup is a shadow of what it once was, not to mention the new material, but I'm hopeful.

There's a chance I could interview them too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You MIGHT hear one song pre-Clayman, not worth it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I'm never going to put a big list of youtube videos in the OP because I spent nearly 7 minutes crafting up that OP and I consider it absolutely perfect.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
As a heads-up for Morbid Florist and anyone else who may be interested Reveal's debut will be released on CD by Invictus Productions in the not so distant future. I'd imagine some will make their way to US-based distros.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Gr31lly posted:

As a heads-up for Morbid Florist and anyone else who may be interested Reveal's debut will be released on CD by Invictus Productions in the not so distant future. I'd imagine some will make their way to US-based distros.

This is good poo poo. Lots of different directions going on, I like it more than Homunculus. I'm definitely going to hunt for these guys.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Meh, I'm not digging the new Megadeth at all. No tracks are really standing out to me. Sure there's shredding, but the rest of the song is just boring. Most catchy song is Public Enemy #1, and that's a decent track. Endgame was so much better IMO.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Vintersorg posted:

You MIGHT hear one song pre-Clayman, not worth it.

And it will sound like poo poo because his voice is destroyed.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Meh, I'm not digging the new Megadeth at all. No tracks are really standing out to me. Sure there's shredding, but the rest of the song is just boring. Most catchy song is Public Enemy #1, and that's a decent track. Endgame was so much better IMO.

Yeah, gotta agree. Ending up skipping through half the songs, pretty lackluster. Did Dave just buy a flanger pedal or something, because for some reason he used it in like 5 songs.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I like the style, he kind of combined all of the stuff that I like about the whole Megadeth collection into one album. Problem is, he took all those ideas turned them into boring riffs.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Dyscrasia posted:

I like the style, he kind of combined all of the stuff that I like about the whole Megadeth collection into one album. Problem is, he took all those ideas turned them into boring riffs.

Considering they sound so similar, if he had cut down the songs from 13 to 8 or so, putting half of the riffs in with other songs and mixing it up, it would probably be a lot better.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

ThePutty posted:

Considering they sound so similar, if he had cut down the songs from 13 to 8 or so, putting half of the riffs in with other songs and mixing it up, it would probably be a lot better.

Yeah, but you can't work the number 8 into the word 'eight' and have it be catchy

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Yeah, but you can't work the number 8 into the word 'eight' and have it be catchy

Oh wait I forgot about Dave being paranoid about the number 13

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.
it's why he never stays friends with another person for 13 consecutive years

well 5, just to be safe.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Kvelertak, Skeletonwith, and Zoroaster tonight. gently caress yeah

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Roasted Donut posted:

Kvelertak, Skeletonwith, and Zoroaster tonight. gently caress yeah

This show was some fun times. Zoroaster drummer is one of my favorites to watch live, he hits those drums so loving hard. Last time I saw them with Weedeater he broke a stick 15 seconds into the first song. Kvelertak was also surprising entertaining live, more so than I expected.

Only problem was the venue in chicago is this hole in the wall bar(WHICH I LOVE, loving greatest venue, nunslaughter show and eyehategod show there were two of the best ever)....that is in the middle of hipsterville so the entire crowd for the Kvelertak show were hipsters who show up just for something to do.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Grand Belial's Key sounds like it should be a tropical vacation destination.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm way late on this one, but goddamn the remastered version of Rust in Peace is terrible. The vocals sound weird as hell, some of the lyrics changed and the end of Five Magics sounds like Grover is singing.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Wyzt posted:

This show was some fun times. Zoroaster drummer is one of my favorites to watch live, he hits those drums so loving hard. Last time I saw them with Weedeater he broke a stick 15 seconds into the first song. Kvelertak was also surprising entertaining live, more so than I expected.

Only problem was the venue in chicago is this hole in the wall bar(WHICH I LOVE, loving greatest venue, nunslaughter show and eyehategod show there were two of the best ever)....that is in the middle of hipsterville so the entire crowd for the Kvelertak show were hipsters who show up just for something to do.

Yeah it was a loving awesome show. Even the two local bands, October and Liquified Guts, were pretty enjoyable. I was standing probably 30-40 yards from the stage during Zoroaster's set and still my whole body was vibrating, absolutely nuts

white Stormy
Jan 4, 2003

gonna get me some GWAR action tonight. i wish they were touring with a better line up. ghoul looks to be cool but will be on before every time i die and i don't care to see them. GWAR never fails to be amazing. they always play for Harpo's halloween party. people show up in some crazy costumes. one year i got to see the pope and a ss soldier have a drink together.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

BGrifter posted:

the end of Five Magics sounds like Grover is singing.

It always kind of sounded like that.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
5 Magics is the only song on that album I really don't particularly care for.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Bruce Boxliker posted:

It always kind of sounded like that.

ok I'll give that much, but for comparison, both at the 4min mark:

Original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3g3veGjlp2g#t=242s

Remastered:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sioyljV8NfU#t=242s

Ouch.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

BGrifter posted:

I'm way late on this one, but goddamn the remastered version of Rust in Peace is terrible. The vocals sound weird as hell, some of the lyrics changed and the end of Five Magics sounds like Grover is singing.

The remasters are pretty bad in general, besides KimB, but even then I prefer the original of that because of the lower quality. The Peace Sells remaster is just painful for me to listen to, though.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
New clip from Metallica released based off a new project that doesn't involve Lou this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRPzElP_eSI

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Dead Man Posting posted:

New clip from Metallica released based off a new project that doesn't involve Lou this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRPzElP_eSI

Even though it's been posted before, this doesn't get old.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
drat, I checked the last two pages too. Oh well.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Dead Man Posting posted:

Speaking of Metallica: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45095297/ns/today-entertainment/#.Tq3VyHJki2s

"" posted:

"Metallica fans trash stage after band cancels show" "Rockers had to call off concert due to 'failure of a security barricade"

Failure of a security barricade? Pussies.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair, they need one.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yeah, the promoters oversold the show so hard they got arrested for it.

All "Metallica can oversell shows?" jokes aside, I can see cancelling that.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Halloween: Gaahl on a budget.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
My Gaahl costume that everyone loved surprisingly. Lots of picture requests when we were out.

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
I went as Abbath last year:

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Symphony X/ Iced Earth/ Warbringer (really?) Tour:

Jan
31 Hartford , CT Webster Theater
Feb
1 Phila , PA Trocadero
3 Sayreville , NJ Starland Ballroom
4 Quebec City , QC Albert Rousseau
5 Montreal , QC Metropolis
6 Toronto , ON Phoenix
9 Winnipeg , MB Garrick
10 Saskatoon , SK Louis Pub
11 Edmonton , AB Starlite Room
12 Calgary , AB Flames Central
14 Vancouver , BC Commodore Ballroom
15 Seattle , WA Showbox Market
16 Portland , OR Hawthorne Theater
17 Sf, CA Regency Ballroom
18 LA , CA Club Nokia
20 Las Vegas , NV House of Blues
21 Anaheim CA The Grove
22 San Diego , CA House of Blues
24 SLC , UT The Complex
25 Denver , CO The Summit Music Hall
26 Kansas City , MO Midland Theater
27 Dallas , TX Trees
28 Austin , TX Emos East
29 Houston , TX House of Blues
March
2 Ft Lauderdale , FL Revolution
3 Lake Buena Vista ,FL House of Blues
5 Raleigh , NC Lincoln Theater
6 Charlotte , NC The Filmore Charlotte
7 Columbus , OH Newport Music Hall
9 Worcester , MA The Palladium
10 NYC , NY Best Buy Theater
11 Clifton Park , NY Northern Lights

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Black metal Halloween costumes are all about playing the part:

(the theme was "party like a rockstar")

Also, that SX/IE/Wb tour loks great, I'll be going to the Hartford show, maybe the NJ or NYC show since a friend likes to see SX multiple times per tour and I can probably get a ride to one of those.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Ha that's awesome.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zodijackylite posted:

Black metal Halloween costumes are all about playing the part:

(the theme was "party like a rockstar")

Also, that SX/IE/Wb tour loks great, I'll be going to the Hartford show, maybe the NJ or NYC show since a friend likes to see SX multiple times per tour and I can probably get a ride to one of those.

That little difference makes your picture absolutely brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

If you're Australian, Soundwave is looking pretty horrible, aside from a few bands here and there. You'd probably get more out of going to a club that plays metal.