Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Looks like Mike Smith has officially left Suffocation. Sucks to see him go, such a powerful influence on drums and the genre as a whole. It will be interesting to see how the band progresses with Dave Culross. No doubt he is a great replacement for Mike and can do the parts, but you can always tell when Mike is on the album with his famous blasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Oh god why did I google this... :suicide:

What, Swordmaster?

Hellwuzzat
Nov 28, 2008
So, the tracklist for the actual release of Woods 5 is different from the Christmas promo release. "Keeper of the Ledger" is wild, even compared to the rest of the album.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Philthy posted:

Wow, Iron Maiden are headlining Summerfest on the 4th of July. The "worlds largest music festival" in Milwaukee, WI. Alice Cooper is opening. The last time they played Summerfest was 1981 when some other band couldn't make it, so they headlined instead with the original singer. The live bootleg of that is pretty good.

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/musicandnightlife/iron-maiden-to-headline-summerfest-july-4-7i47q7b-139484393.html

So would it be better to see them at Summerfest on the 4th (I've never bean), or just wait until the 5th and see them in Chicago?

OR BOTH!

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Looks like Peter Dolving quit The Haunted. Probably so he can try to collect unemployment since he keeps asking for money. This can only mean good things honestly. Hopefully more At the Gates stuff happens.

"I am officially quitting The Haunted. After years of working with the band, I am out. I have had it. I will NOT answer questions to why. It's no one elses business. Thank you very much. I am looking forward to seeing you people at other shows with other projects."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=522457875

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Easy Mac posted:

Looks like Peter Dolving quit The Haunted. Probably so he can try to collect unemployment since he keeps asking for money. This can only mean good things honestly. Hopefully more At the Gates stuff happens.

Good riddance, he always struck me as a pretentious turd

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Another track off the new Sigh album!!! :aaa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSvEAqiSTY&noredirect=1

In my opinion, not as good as the others, but just as weird.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

QPZIL posted:

This is going to be awesome!

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

m-o-o-n posted:

Good riddance, he always struck me as a pretentious turd

Yup he definitely was one.

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp

Easy Mac posted:

Yup he definitely was one.

I don't care how much of a turd he is/was, I really like his voice and his work with The Haunted, as well has his other work in Mary Beats Jane and BringTheWarHome. But since Unseen was such a bad album, I don't care he left, maybe he will get involved with better projects.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

QPZIL posted:

This leaked btw, it's awesome

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

captainOrbital posted:

So would it be better to see them at Summerfest on the 4th (I've never bean), or just wait until the 5th and see them in Chicago?

OR BOTH!

I'd definitely go see them in Milwaukee. Summerfest always has a ton of stuff going on, and it's a ton of fun.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

nerve posted:

Seconding this, the new Sigh is amazing. It's all over the place but in a very focused and controlled way-- the writing is just excellent.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

gently caress yesssssssssssss, looks like there's a new GOOOOOOOOROOOOOOOOOOOD album out this month! I can't loving wait, even though I'm not sure how I feel about the preview song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=898nYYqS4Bg

They got Christian Muenzner from Obscura, and The Faceless' Mike Keene to do guest solos so I dont even know anymore oh god

Album cover is weird as poo poo, though. Their previous albums had weird art but in kind of a cool way, this one is just funny looking

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

nerve posted:

I got breathless when listening to it for the first time. It's absolutely stunning.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Solefald posted:

I got breathless when listening to it for the first time. It's absolutely stunning.

Holy poo poo no kidding. The track "Somniphobia" going from metal -> Middle Eastern-style wailing -> metal -> oompaa lullabye stuff -> prog rock breakdown is just... I don't even have the words.

I have figured out one thing. I think this album is the musical representation of a fever dream. It fits in with the name of the album, so it makes sense to me.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

QPZIL posted:

Holy poo poo no kidding. The track "Somniphobia" going from metal -> Middle Eastern-style wailing -> metal -> oompaa lullabye stuff -> prog rock breakdown is just... I don't even have the words.

I have figured out one thing. I think this album is the musical representation of a fever dream. It fits in with the name of the album, so it makes sense to me.

I find their music just represents mental illness so well. Or maybe that's just me!

Leopold N. Loeb
Apr 26, 2010

by XyloJW
Just read "Choosing Death: The Improbable History of Death Metal & Grindcore." Been listening ti old Xysma and Carcass ever since....

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
So yeah, In Somniphobia. That there is a good album, gently caress; easily the most creative I've heard in a couple years. I kinda regret having heard like half the album 2 months before it came out though

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 1, 2012

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Can someone shoot me a link to that blog posted quite a few pages ago in this thread? It was a metal review blog, was a really good reference for bands.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Does anybody have a link to that artist who did all the hip-hop/rap group logos in the style of classic metal ones? I cant find it on google and it was pretty awesome.

Kalus
Mar 1, 2008

ThePutty posted:

Can someone shoot me a link to that blog posted quite a few pages ago in this thread? It was a metal review blog, was a really good reference for bands.

I think you're talking about From the Dust Returned.

So what's going to happen to Bloodbath now that Mikael has ruined his voice, anyone know?

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Kalus posted:

So what's going to happen to Bloodbath now that Mikael has ruined his voice, anyone know?

Um, what? When did this happen do you have a link?
Or is this because he didn't scream at all on Heritage.

Kalus
Mar 1, 2008

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Um, what? When did this happen do you have a link?
Or is this because he didn't scream at all on Heritage.

I'm pretty much basing this off Heritage and his performance with Bloodbath at Bloodstock. For reference.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

Kalus posted:

I'm pretty much basing this off Heritage and his performance with Bloodbath at Bloodstock. For reference.

He said this was due to starting using in-ear monitors as opposed to earplugs which he used previously and overcompensating. I dunno if that's actually the situation, but that's his explanation.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Distribution of metal bands per capita worldwide:

Big chart here. No surprise about Scandinavia, but Canada :argh:

Hellwuzzat
Nov 28, 2008

Trabant posted:

No surprise about Scandinavia, but Canada :argh:
Just obey.:colbert:

e: So, there's a band named Dark Angel and a band named Death Angel. That was confusing, but they both rock. Confusing monikers forgiven.

Hellwuzzat fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 2, 2012

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Trabant posted:

No surprise about Scandinavia, but Canada :argh:
A small sample of why Canada rules extremely hard when it comes to metal.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

The Clit Avoider posted:

You've got some loving impeccable taste in thrash.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Does anybody have a link to that artist who did all the hip-hop/rap group logos in the style of classic metal ones? I cant find it on google and it was pretty awesome.

http://www.jiratpatradoon.com/Heavy-RnB-Prototype

Some mildly :nws: stuff throughout the site, fyi.

e: oops, looks like this is actually the designer: http://aykay.com.au/Heavy-RnB-Prototype

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Trabant posted:

Big chart here. No surprise about Scandinavia, but Canada :argh:

Just like the Scandinavian countries, we're cold and pissed off with a lot of access to beer.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Oh my god In Somniphobia is blowing me the gently caress away.

I have no idea how these guys keep pumping out amazing album after amazing album.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Here's something for oldschool fans - a track from Baphomet from their now widely bootlegged 1991 test press release Inherit the Dead. A much rougher mix than the Dead Shall Inherit with a quite different tracklisting.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

The Clit Avoider posted:

Here's something for oldschool fans - a track from Baphomet from their now widely bootlegged 1991 test press release Inherit the Dead. A much rougher mix than the Dead Shall Inherit with a quite different tracklisting.

Hell yes.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Did any of you guys happen to go to Gigantour last night in Dallas, TX?

We showed up late, thinking Vorbeat (whoever the gently caress they are) would be the opening band, but instead it was Lacuna Coil and we loving missed 'em :(

LC and Megadeth are the reason I went :/

Motorhead didn't show up so Megadeth played an extended set...can't say I missed Motorhead.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Hellwuzzat posted:

e: So, there's a band named Dark Angel and a band named Death Angel. That was confusing, but they both rock. Confusing monikers forgiven.

The best thrashing angel wore armour.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

The Clit Avoider posted:

The best thrashing angel wore armour.

You're on fire today man. They make me proud to be Australian.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Looks like the new Spawn of Posession album has leaked.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Clit Avoider posted:

and lets not forget about these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

and lets not forget about these guys.

One of the best shows I've been to.