Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I'm really digging Ascended's "Temple of Dark Offerings". Any other recommendations for Death Metal with vocals as guttural as this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It seems like you see this poo poo from metal reviewers more than any other genre. It's not enough to say you didn't like something and explain why you didn't like it for these assholes. They have to throw in "human being" this and "oval office" that and sprinkle it liberally with AIDS jokes and assorted misogyny and homophobia, generally the kind of childish poo poo you'd expect to hear from a 12-year-old on XBox Live, not a twenty-something-year-old music reviewer.

I guess the idiot meatheads are just part of the whole metal package. :sigh:
It's not that metalheads are dumber on the whole, just more prone to share their asinine opinions like someone else in the world gives a gently caress.

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
Turisas and Finntroll both just started working on their new albums. Apparently, Moonsorrow will have something out, this year, as well. Meadbangers rejoice?

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Probably pretty late to the party with this and I honestly can't be arsed to trawl through all 80+ pages of this thread, but if anyone in here likes heavy/doom metal they should probably want to try Argus' Boldly Stride the Doomed album as it's terrific and awesome and very, very good.

Should you like power metal with prog tendencies, you should check Anubis Gate and in particular their albums Andromeda Unchained and The Detached. Also, Myrath's Tales of the Sand is a cool album if you like your proggy metal with an Eastern influence.

super size soft serve fucked around with this message at 12:38 on May 14, 2012

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
Been really digging Ribspreader's "The Van Murders" LP lately. Recommended to you dudes who like your old-school death metal influenced by punk rock

e: goddamn people being able to buy avatars

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Misogynist posted:

It's not that metalheads are dumber on the whole, just more prone to share their asinine opinions like someone else in the world gives a gently caress.

I think it's more that metalheads really don't give a poo poo if other people approve of them, nor should they. Look at the lyrics to the music we listen to and tell me there's a lot of intellectual integrity to show off.

People are taking this Huntress review way too seriously. Relax and revel in immaturity, it's fun sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DLf4UcDk9aM

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
Nah, that review is the really lovely kind of immaturity that people should grow out of by the time they leave high school. Treating women like poo poo isn't fun and dismissing people who call that out for the bullshit it is as "taking it too seriously" is one of the reasons so many people think it's fine to treat women like poo poo as long as they're being a bit flip about it.

Great Horny Toads! posted:

Turisas and Finntroll both just started working on their new albums. Apparently, Moonsorrow will have something out, this year, as well. Meadbangers rejoice?

They should try to make this the next Paganfest if the timing works out. Then I could get a good portion of my terrible neckbeard metal needs out of the way all in one show.

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

New Moonsorrow?! Do you have a source? I'd guess it's either a DVD (they've dropped heavy hints in the past) or an EP or something - I can't see them releasing another album so soon after VKKM. And "meadbangers" - eh, the early stuff, sure. :) Not so much these days.

Morbid Florist posted:

People are taking this Huntress review way too seriously. Relax and revel in immaturity, it's fun sometimes.

Immaturity is one thing. Full-on hatred is another. That review really, really crossed the line for me.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The kind of ridiculous poo poo we should be reveling in is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BUMDwCEsBU

Oh Abbath :allears:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Morbid Florist posted:

Relax and revel in immaturity, it's fun sometimes.
I was unable to revel in "monkey cheese bacon" when I was in high school and "tits human being AIDS" isn't any more enticing

The problem isn't that I'm offended by language or the person's viewpoints, it's that this Maddox poo poo is downright annoying in the year 2012

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
In YOSPOS we are using this site to share music (called turntable.fm).

So I thought the metal thread could come kick it and share their music. Just go to the Something Awful Metal room and sign in with twitter or facebook (it takes less time to make a throwaway twitter than it takes for you to bitch about it), queue up some lovely music, and get a live coder-jukebox.

Lurkers and neckbeards welcome, but try not to get butthurt if your 'totally hilarious ska parody song' gets skipped.

Stay Safe fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 14, 2012

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Hey, guess what rules?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fd-wMCACGY

its these guys.

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

Dead Man Posting posted:

So I thought the metal thread could come kick it and share their music. Just go to the Something Awful Metal room and sign in with twitter or facebook (it takes less time to make a throwaway twitter than it takes for you to bitch about it), queue up some lovely music, and get a live coder-jukebox.

Lurkers and neckbeards welcome, but try not to get butthurt if your 'totally hilarious ska parody song' gets skipped.

It's US-only :cry:

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I just found that out (I'm currently living in the US).

That mayyy be a hindrance :/

Also I'll just leave this here:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/05/14/varg-vikernes-is-making-a-table-top-rpg/

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Dead Man Posting posted:

Also I'll just leave this here:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/05/14/varg-vikernes-is-making-a-table-top-rpg/

Varg Vikernes posted:

Oh, it is a very long time since I last played a game, and I think even back then, when I had the opportunity to play, my biggest fascination was the logic (or lack thereof) of the system itself, the technical details and gaming mechanics, the complexity of the gaming world, races, stats and so forth.
:laugh:

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
Well, he got into Tolkien because he thought that Orcs were a metaphor for blacks or some poo poo, I really want to see this one's storyline :allears:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

MrBling posted:

Hey, guess what rules?

its these guys.

gently caress yes

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Varg posted:

I am a terrible friend, so I have lost all my RPG-friends, and I lost the last one many years ago, and have gained no new friends to replace them, so I relate to RPGs pretty much just like some autistic person trying to figure out in details how a complicated mechanical device works. Right now I just try to make a logical system and a logical world for it…

My fond RPG memories have mostly been lost, but I still remember how fun it was to even just have the PC party walk up to some ruined tower or a cave entrance, and then try to unveil the secrets therein.

Ah, you know; Det som engang var (“what once was”)…

:smith:

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
Poor Varg. I'll play Some Pathfinder with him (and have a sidearm handy).

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
Yeah, Moonsorrow is actually working on a new album. This is dated April 10, 2012.

Metal Storm posted:

The band comments: "Moonsorrow are thrilled to start working with Century Media, a label that is home to many fellow artists already! We never make our music half way or with compromises and we know our art is in good hands with people who have the same mentality in running a record label. Now, after a year since the release of our last album we are ready to begin creating something new. The new chapter in this epic journey of Moonsorrow!"

This is your friend: 2012 in Heavy Metal music (Wikipedia).

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

This is your friend: 2012 in Heavy Metal music (Wikipedia).

Holy poo poo, the new Rush cd is out in a month, how did that fall off my radar?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Huh, apparently the guitarist/singer of Urgehal (and guitarist of Beastcraft) died today.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

MrBling posted:

Hey, guess what rules?

its these guys.

just want to throw my hat in the ring with these guys.

they do rule.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Bah! I knew Baroness was destined for greatness when I saw one of them was sporting an Immortal T-shirt while hanging out in front of the venue before their gig with Deftones. Actually, been a fan since their EPs. It's been really fun to watch this band mature and grow into a rock power house.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Bah! I knew Baroness was destined for greatness when I saw one of them was sporting an Immortal T-shirt while hanging out in front of the venue before their gig with Deftones. Actually, been a fan since their EPs. It's been really fun to watch this band mature and grow into a rock power house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PZKPpeuHvJk

New track was posted in the Stoner thread. It rips.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It kinda reminds me of newer Thrice for some reason, but way sludgier. I dig it.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Dead Man Posting posted:

This could be awesome.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dead Man Posting posted:

We're in right now, join up

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

Dead Man Posting posted:

We're in right now, join up

I can confirm this. More people, please!

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Having a great time, found two new artist to listen to already.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

IRQ posted:

Holy poo poo, the new Rush cd is out in a month, how did that fall off my radar?

And tickets for their new tour went on sale this past Saturday... Hopefully some good ones left for ya (I scored row 7 at mine).

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Not Very Metal posted:

just want to throw my hat in the ring with these guys.

they do rule.

I feel that their drummer needs a mention, just because he's the least cool looking drummer ever, and I love him for it. Even less cool than that tubby one from that awful band posted earlier.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

QPZIL posted:

Huh, apparently the guitarist/singer of Urgehal (and guitarist of Beastcraft) died today.

drat, I just bought my first Urgehal album the other day too.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 22, 2016

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

The Perfect Element posted:

I feel that their drummer needs a mention, just because he's the least cool looking drummer ever, and I love him for it. Even less cool than that tubby one from that awful band posted earlier.

The still from the video before you play it is of the drummer so I thought it was going to be a joke post until I actually listened to it and it does indeed rule.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWjKDSVrvDI&ob=av2n

What the gently caress. Seriously, Goon bros, what the gently caress.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Houseplant posted:

They're so upset with deadmau5 :psyduck:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

:smith:

Varg is a total goon

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Houseplant posted:

That stupid chugga-chugga-chugga-doo-daaa riff at the beginning went on for about 26 seconds too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Varg is a total goon

Shocker!