Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Mad Dragon posted:

I want two, so I can pretend to be Christian Bale. Is that wrong? :ohdear:

Yes. Be classy:

http://www.berettausa.com/products/87-cheetah22lrblued/wood-8rd/

I will have one sooner or later.

In all honesty, the target models do kick rear end and I am just an old-fashioned jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

i'm getting a 92f compact with my next check!!! :)

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Thepossiblelight posted:

i'm getting a 92f compact with my next check!!! :)

:hellyeah:

I'm jealous.

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

infrared35 posted:

:hellyeah:

I'm jealous.
been a long time coming.
had to sell all my guns after i got laid off.
finally got my life sorted.
gonna start buying again. :)

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

How would you feel if i told you im getting it for 3 bills?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Oh, gently caress you.

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

If i had a choice between a 92f and a 92f compact, what should i get?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

If carry is an option, the compact. Beretta still makes new magazines for them and the guns still feel great in the hand.

If carry isn't an option, get the full-size. Mags are more plentiful/cheaper.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Butch Cassidy posted:

If carry is an option, the compact. Beretta still makes new magazines for them and the guns still feel great in the hand.

If carry isn't an option, get the full-size. Mags are more plentiful/cheaper.

Get the compact anyway, they're rare as hell.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Thepossiblelight posted:

If i had a choice between a 92f and a 92f compact, what should i get?

compact

it's like an 84 you can afford to shoot

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Eh, a bit bigger than an 84.

Either is fine, and it is a very good deal on the compact if carry or collecting variants are your thing. I stand by a full-size if it is purely a practical range-boaster.

I'd get the compact, personally.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

For 3 bills each? Both

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Now if only I could find a Type M compact for $300.

In the D variant. :emo:

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 7, 2012

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

How much barrel muzzle endplay is normal on a Beretta 92 with the slide locked in battery?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

How much barrel muzzle endplay is normal on a Beretta 92 with the slide locked in battery?

With the slide all the way forward in battery, there shouldn't be much.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

infrared35 posted:

With the slide all the way forward in battery, there shouldn't be much.

Alright - it's noticeable, but can't be too much. Not like it's expensive to put a barrel or locking block in anyways.

Has anyone tried one of the Cylinder and Slide trigger pull kits for a 92? I just noticed on Brownells that they even made one.

edit: I somehow managed to lose a grip screw. :saddowns:

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 9, 2012

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

edit: I somehow managed to lose a grip screw. :saddowns:

If you can wait until April, I've got an extra set of grip screws you can have. But they're silver.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

Here is a Beretta of a different stripe altogether

More photos here: https://picasaweb.google.com/112880295708351096401/Beretta682OU

I managed to snag this off gunbroker for the seemingly great price of $1500. Haven't had a chance to take it out to the skeet range to see if it actually works properly yet but everything seems to be in order. Came with a fancy lord's leather edged case with BERETTA stamped on it and everything.

The next Beretta I buy will probably be a 96G if I can find one since I hear that is one of the softest shooting .40S&W guns around.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Yes, get a 96G, they are tame kittens.

Also, nice shotgun. I'm going to look at a few Beretta scatterguns in the next couple months and might get one if it calls to me.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

ZenMastaT posted:

Here is a Beretta of a different stripe altogether

More photos here: https://picasaweb.google.com/112880295708351096401/Beretta682OU

I managed to snag this off gunbroker for the seemingly great price of $1500. Haven't had a chance to take it out to the skeet range to see if it actually works properly yet but everything seems to be in order. Came with a fancy lord's leather edged case with BERETTA stamped on it and everything.

The next Beretta I buy will probably be a 96G if I can find one since I hear that is one of the softest shooting .40S&W guns around.

Beretta shotguns own. I love the workmanship that went into mine, I just wish the stock hadn't been chopped down on it.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Sand bag it at 5, 15, and 25 yards to be sure. If you get a consistent increase in the leftwards offset on target then yeah fix that ish up.
Excellent advice. Doing this proved the gun sights are spot-on. Now we will work on her fundamentals.

ZenMastaT posted:

I am so jealous. That looks like a very nice gun. Please give us a range report.
Am I stupid for wanting this? http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271592555

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

GEEKABALL posted:

Excellent advice. Doing this proved the gun sights are spot-on. Now we will work on her fundamentals.

Told ya so :P

Believe me if moving ove my rear sights would make my glocks shoot less to the left id've done it a LONG time ago!

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

So I just skimmed through the whole thread and I need to get my buddy with a 92FS a gift on short notice (locally). As Beretta owners what would make you happy? More mags? Grips (wood ones seem to look pretty cool)? Sights? Skeletonized hammer (pic of that looked pretty cool too).

Need to try and get it tomorrow and probably don't want to spend more than $100. Help a goon out!!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Trisk posted:

So I just skimmed through the whole thread and I need to get my buddy with a 92FS a gift on short notice (locally). As Beretta owners what would make you happy? More mags? Grips (wood ones seem to look pretty cool)? Sights? Skeletonized hammer (pic of that looked pretty cool too).

Need to try and get it tomorrow and probably don't want to spend more than $100. Help a goon out!!
Grips are always good! My secret santa this year got me checkered aluminum black anodized grips and I really like them.

Also definitely get him a reduced weight mainspring from Wolff. Every 92 needs one.

If you get him mags, Mec-Gar makes fantastic flush-fit 17rd mags with a low-friction finish. There are no better Beretta magazines, IMO.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Eighteen rounds, actually. They kick rear end, buy $100 worth of them.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Or the almost-flush-fit 20-rounders. Those are awesome. Either way, mags are a good thing to have.

But yeah, a D spring or reduced-weight Wolf mainspring is about the only "mod" I would do on a Beretta, personally. I like the factory grips. :shobon:

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Carbohydrates posted:

Grips are always good! My secret santa this year got me checkered aluminum black anodized grips and I really like them.

Also definitely get him a reduced weight mainspring from Wolff. Every 92 needs one.

If you get him mags, Mec-Gar makes fantastic flush-fit 17rd mags with a low-friction finish. There are no better Beretta magazines, IMO.

This man speaks truth. The grips are a necessary thing for me. I tried stock, tried wood, but those Alumagrips are great. A D spring is 5 minutes to install and a nice touch. I'm digging the adjustable sights as well. It's not COMBAT SIGHTS but for my stressful occasional range trip and 3-gun they're excellent.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

There is a Beretta 96 explosion all of the sudden in Ohio. :stare:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/300921/toledo-ohio-handguns-for-sale--beretta-96-vertec-40cal-nib-unfired
96 Vertec $550

http://www.armslist.com/posts/301171/dayton-ohio-handguns-for-sale--beretta-model-96g--40-caliber-auto
:siren:96G:siren: $550 (still cheaper at Summit though http://www.summitgunbroker.com/96G.html)

More than I want to pay but I know the word must be spread.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 10, 2012

Anarcho-Commissar
May 22, 2002

"The means of production being the collective work of humanity, the product should be the collective property of the race. Individual appropriation is neither just nor serviceable. All belongs to all."
- Pyotr Kropotkin

Carbohydrates posted:

Where would one get said grips?

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

I believe they are Alumagrips

They are $56 new at MidwayUSA with the dealer discount.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Colonial Air Force posted:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41678/sku=100-005-642/Product/Beretta-92-Checkered-Alumagrips-Black

Edit: dammit, beaten

Edit edit: $51 new from Brownell's. :colbert:

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

infrared35 posted:

Or the almost-flush-fit 20-rounders. Those are awesome. Either way, mags are a good thing to have.

But yeah, a D spring or reduced-weight Wolf mainspring is about the only "mod" I would do on a Beretta, personally. I like the factory grips. :shobon:

Agreed. Beretta's are the only pistol I've handled where the stock grips seem to be almost ideal.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Yeah. I got the fancy wood grips, and they are too thick. They look good, though. Maybe I'll have to buy a second 92, just for display. :v:

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

SOLD! (well, pending funds)

Part of me will miss this gun, part of me says good riddance. On one hand it's a .380, I dislike having to buy another caliber for a range toy, I have better guns for carry, I really need money instead. On the other hand it fits my hand perfectly, points naturally and I love its looks.

If it were in .22 I would never let it go.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

SOLD! (well, pending funds)

Part of me will miss this gun, part of me says good riddance. On one hand it's a .380, I dislike having to buy another caliber for a range toy, I have better guns for carry, I really need money instead. On the other hand it fits my hand perfectly, points naturally and I love its looks.

If it were in .22 I would never let it go.

Your loss is my gain (and my second Beretta)!

Funds sent

This will be my first gun in .380, but given that I currently own handguns in .32 ACP, 7.65mm Longue, 9x18mm, 9x19mm, .45 ACP, 7.62 tok, .38 Special, .44 Magnum, and will soon have one in .357 Magnum, a variety of ammo for range toys isn't a big deal. I posted a while back about how I wanted one, and now I will...I seriously need to stop buying guns. A PCS to a foreign country can't come soon enough.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

iyaayas01 posted:

This will be my first gun in .380, but given that I currently own handguns in .32 ACP, 7.65mm Longue, 9x18mm, 9x19mm, .45 ACP, 7.62 tok, .38 Special, .44 Magnum, and will soon have one in .357 Magnum, a variety of ammo for range toys isn't a big deal. I posted a while back about how I wanted one, and now I will...I seriously need to stop buying guns. A PCS to a foreign country can't come soon enough.
drat! :D Is there ANY source for new production 7.65 Longue?
I'm down to five handgun calibers, the only oddball being .380/200, and that might be for sale next. Anyway, enjoy the Beretta, you should have it Thursday or Friday.

One day I'll get a 71 or 74 in .22. There IS somewhere a conversion kit that would've fit my 70, but the only time I saw it for sale the price approached new gun territory, and it's basically the upper assembly of the Model 76. Ugly thing.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Does the D-spring swap affect SA pull at all? Also, are there any drop-in kits to reduce SA weight and take-up, or would it be easier to just buy an extra sear and hammer and stone them?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

Does the D-spring swap affect SA pull at all? Also, are there any drop-in kits to reduce SA weight and take-up, or would it be easier to just buy an extra sear and hammer and stone them?

The D spring does lighten the SA pull a little, but obviously the difference isn't as noticeable as it is in DA mode.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Paging IR35:

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=83350

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

Paging IR35:

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=83350

You suck. :bahgawd:

Somebody better buy that so I can live vicariously through them.