Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

infrared35 posted:

Technically the G design came out a couple years before the FS revision, but to my knowledge the G series guns didn't see widespread sales in the U.S. until later (the G was designed for a foreign contract). Anecdotal evidence and all, but I've never seen a G gun here in the U.S. that was made before about '95.

Soooooo

Are these decent deals? Do they look like they have the FS features on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Double post because I am too dumb to figure out how to post properly: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=343875181

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

Soooooo

Are these decent deals? Do they look like they have the FS features on them?

If you're talking about the G-SD then from what little I can see it appears to have the enlarged hammer pin, which makes sense because it's supposed to be a heavy duty model. Also it's got a rail which is a relatively new frame option.

As far as price, I'd have a hard time paying that much for one unless I wanted it for its collector value. As a home or carry gun, it makes more sense to me to get a cheap G Vertec. If you like the bigger grip of a normal 92 but still want a rail, there are other options such as the M9A1 that you could always but a G slide for later. Finding a Brigadier G slide may be difficult but in my opinion it's not as much of a must-have on a 92 unless you plan on putting a LOT of +P ammo through the gun.

Edit: I see the normal G you're talking about now. That seems like a pretty good price. It's hard to say for sure based on those photos, but it appears to have the enlarged hammer pin.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 27, 2013

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

IuniusBrutus posted:

Double post because I am too dumb to figure out how to post properly: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=343875181

It comes with three 15 round mags which are hard to get right now, keep that in mind. I'd buy it if I had the cash and desire for a G model right now. Not an amazing deal, but a fair one that you shouldn't regret.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Someone buy this goofy/baller-rear end thing and put a can on it:
Beretta 92 Target

I'd do it, but I'm not in America right now.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

I am posting for a friend. He recently listed his 92FS Type M with a Centurion slide for sale and has had many offers from enthusiastic buyers. Apparently one of them let slip that this particular model is "highly desirable" among Beretta buyers. Can anyone offer details as to why and was my friends valuation of $500 reasonable?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

*edit* nevermind I'm thinking of something else

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I am posting for a friend. He recently listed his 92FS Type M with a Centurion slide for sale and has had many offers from enthusiastic buyers. Apparently one of them let slip that this particular model is "highly desirable" among Beretta buyers. Can anyone offer details as to why and was my friends valuation of $500 reasonable?

The Type M is pretty rare. As far as "Centurion slide" goes - it's a compact so that's the slide it has by default. It's just the fact that it's a Type M that makes it valuable.

There's currently one on gunbroker that's up over $600 and still has five days to go. This one finished at $900.

I used to have one and sold it when money got tight. That's one of those guns that I continually wish I had back. If I found one for $500, I'd buy it so fast my credit card would catch fire.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

infrared35 posted:

The Type M is pretty rare. As far as "Centurion slide" goes - it's a compact so that's the slide it has by default. It's just the fact that it's a Type M that makes it valuable.

There's currently one on gunbroker that's up over $600 and still has five days to go. This one finished at $900.

I used to have one and sold it when money got tight. That's one of those guns that I continually wish I had back. If I found one for $500, I'd buy it so fast my credit card would catch fire.

Thank you for the information. I will pass it along to him. I am really kicking myself now as I sold it to him for what I paid for it from a co-worker years ago, $200. None of us had any clue! He probably will hold onto it now!

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Thank you for the information. I will pass it along to him. I am really kicking myself now as I sold it to him for what I paid for it from a co-worker years ago, $200.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I'm sorry. I think I passed out for a minute.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I am really kicking myself now as I sold it to him for what I paid for it from a co-worker years ago, $200.

Can I be your friend? I put out

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Butch Cassidy posted:

Can I be your friend? I put out

This was around 6 years ago before we knew anything about guns. The best part is that the co-worker who sold it to me originally knows a poo poo ton about guns. My guess is he was being extra nice or extra stupid.

My friend said the model is American made. Does that change anything? He has seen some other gun forums going crazy over it having a centurion slide, acting like it was a rarity. Did the American version come standard with a Centurion slide? Is that extra rare?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Doomsday Jesus posted:

This was around 6 years ago before we knew anything about guns. The best part is that the co-worker who sold it to me originally knows a poo poo ton about guns. My guess is he was being extra nice or extra stupid.

My friend said the model is American made. Does that change anything? He has seen some other gun forums going crazy over it having a centurion slide, acting like it was a rarity. Did the American version come standard with a Centurion slide? Is that extra rare?

As far as I know, a Centurion is a full-size frame with a compact slide, so saying the Type M has a Centurion slide seems kind of redundant because it's a compact to begin with. Unless maybe it's actually marked "Centurion" and there's something I don't know about that making it collectible. If I saw a Type M that had a Centurion-marked slide, my initial reaction would be that it was a mismatched gun.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

you can get good info here

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/

and also probably a lot of offers

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Beretta pictures cross-post....

(An early production Brevetto M1915 in 9mm Glisenti. It is in decent condition, but as rare as these are today, I was just happy to find one at all.)

(A 1935 built immediately after WWII, from wartime parts.)

(An Israeli contract 1951. Condition is so-so, but it is interesting for its history.)

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Just went to a new shop in town and they have a stainless M9A1 compact.

Edit: web site says it's just a 92FS compact but the frame was marked M9A1.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

I never knew I wanted this until now.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

DakianDelomast posted:

I never knew I wanted this until now.

I know, right? I love guns in that size bracket. I love them even more when they have a rail.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

infrared35 posted:

So you bought it, right

Also FYI i fully blame you for making me want a DAO beretta for reasons I can't articulate.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

I know, right? I love guns in that size bracket. I love them even more when they have a rail.

Do they make walnut grips for the compact? That gun needs walnut.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Kommienzuspadt posted:

So you bought it, right

Nah. Severely tempted though. Severely tempted. But I'm saving up for some camera gear at the moment.

quote:

Also FYI i fully blame you for making me want a DAO beretta for reasons I can't articulate.

Do it. They're still available at good prices if you troll gunbroker. Spend some time with one. The trigger pull is long but smooth (and not too heavy); I found it really forced me to focus on the sights more. Once I had that revelation, it was the most accurate-shooting combat pistol I owned.

DakianDelomast posted:

Do they make walnut grips for the compact? That gun needs walnut.

Oh yeah. There are lots of places that make them; you can get a factory set too but they're a little thick in my opinion.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

infrared35 posted:

Nah. Severely tempted though. Severely tempted. But I'm saving up for some camera gear at the moment.

Do it. They're still available at good prices if you troll gunbroker. Spend some time with one. The trigger pull is long but smooth (and not too heavy); I found it really forced me to focus on the sights more. Once I had that revelation, it was the most accurate-shooting combat pistol I owned.

Yeah, I share your opinion of DAO trigger pulls and the Beretta DAO is probably the nicer of the ones I've finger-hosed. I will at some point, right now my monies have to go to other, "more important" things . but eventually, definitely.

infrared35 posted:

fiscally responsible crew

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Could the two of you stop talking about DAO Berettas please?

Because I am itching for a 92D Centurion.

Flikken
Oct 22, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DakianDelomast posted:

Could the two of you stop talking about DAO Berettas please?

Because I am itching for a 92D Centurion.

I see those pop up on Gunbroker far more often than the full sized ones.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

infrared35 posted:

Oh yeah. There are lots of places that make them; you can get a factory set too but they're a little thick in my opinion.

None for the Cheetah. I've been looking around for ones that aren't either gaudy as gently caress or expensive. So far I think my only option are the ones from Beretta, which I believe have issues with the medallions falling out.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Well this is interesting, but the asking price is probably a wee bit high.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

infrared35 posted:

Well this is interesting, but the asking price is probably a wee bit high.

At first glance, maybe. Looks like a 92FS with a couple hundred bucks of junk attachments.

I don't think I've ever seen a rear site look that poorly done. A soft breeze might knock it off.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

92G-SD up on Gunbroker. I'd be all over this if I wasn't out of town.

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 11, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love

I bought a Nano. I also hosed up putting the talon grips on because I'm a ham handed retard.

Hentai Tentacle Demon fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 4, 2013

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

I bought a Nano. I also hosed up putting the talon grips on because I'm a ham handed retard.

They have pinky thingies?

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 11, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love

They do! The gun comes with everything you see in that photo except the ammo.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Bah, looks good to me. I really like the colors, especially with the grip tape on it (I'm guessing that is what the Talon grip is, basically pre-cut grip tape?). Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? Do you mind giving a short range report?

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 11, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love

Haven't shot it yet, have just been playing Barbie dress up with it so far. Too damned hot to shoot right now in Phoenix. 115+ degrees plus direct glaring sunlight plus hundreds of guns going off = heat stroke.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Haven't shot it yet, have just been playing Barbie dress up with it so far. Too damned hot to shoot right now in Phoenix. 115+ degrees plus direct glaring sunlight plus hundreds of guns going off = heat stroke.

Pfft. I went to the range on my 25th birthday. Middle of August so it was 120 degrees, we had machine guns in three calibers and a shitton of 5.56 for the M4s. Also body armor with plates.

Iraq was awesome sometimes.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Quote is not edit.

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 11, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love

McNally posted:

Pfft. I went to the range on my 25th birthday. Middle of August so it was 120 degrees, we had machine guns in three calibers and a shitton of 5.56 for the M4s. Also body armor with plates.

Iraq was awesome sometimes.

Iraq has almost identical weather as arizona when it comes to heat. They're both at 33 degrees north on the globe.

Millions Knives
Mar 8, 2005

They don't show anime on a daily basis in my mess hall!

Uh oh what do we have here...

What the hell are these things anyway? I don't own any legos

Why its a NIB U22! Traded that shotgun of mine I mentioned in the quarter quell thread and $100.

Now I can shooter cheaply and teach my wife how to shoot without her flinching terribly.

This is my first Beretta, while I was at the gunshow I convinced this other guy to buy an M9A1 from the same guy so he owes me.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Chamber flag + support so the box doesn't get crushed. Also free hockey puck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I use it to hold small parts during disassembly, and not just for my Beretta.