Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I'm saving for a Pico :willpower:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

infrared35 posted:

Somebody better jump on that before I do something really stupid.

Don't you already have one?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Dead Reckoning posted:

Don't you already have one?

Yeah, that exact series, too, but two is one and one is none, right?

Butch Cassidy posted:

I'm saving for a Pico :willpower:

The Pico is still in production. Get one later. Get the Brigadier now. And carry it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Also on Gunbroker this week: 92D with scratches, original 92 with stepped slide and Billenium.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

infrared35 posted:

Somebody better jump on that before I do something really stupid.

Something stupid like buy it and drop a .357 barrel in?

Flikken
Oct 22, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Neo Mara posted:

Something stupid like buy it and drop a .357 barrel in?

I want to do this but I don't have the funds.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I'd heard 92/96 frames don't take well to .357 Sig, lots of early cracking. Confirm/deny?

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'd heard 92/96 frames don't take well to .357 Sig, lots of early cracking. Confirm/deny?

I would spring it as heavy as possible.

IIRC someone on berettaforum made a 10mm sooo

Chemystery
Sep 11, 2011

Maybe this world is another planet's hell...

E2M2 posted:

Yep, got the grips in and installed. Seems to slim down the grip a hair? Though the gun fits my hand pretty okay already. Texture on the slants is pretty great.

Those look really nice!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=430869918
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=430875935

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Fuuuuck I'm going to end up overpaying for this so I can lock it in before I move.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I still need to get pictures comparing the 92G Elite to my 96. Every time I think to do it, the lighting sucks rear end

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Nice, I have been looking for a deal on one of those for a while.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Tyro posted:

Nice, I have been looking for a deal on one of those for a while.

Theres a glut of cheap 84s on gunbroker right now.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 27, 2014

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

True. I should clarify a little, I would prefer an 85, with an 84FS being a second choice, and a lot of the cheaper ones I'm seeing are 84BBs like Butch's. Though I might order one just to scratch the itch!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The F and FS adds a decocker to the safety. I was always under the impression this meant they couldnt be carried cocked and locked like the B and BB models, c/d?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

I believe that is correct but I haven't handled a non-9mm Beretta before. I would prefer to carry DA/SA to Condition 1.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

The F "can" be carried cocked and locked. But it is easy to bump the safety with your thumb/whatever and wind up back to DA/SA plus having a safety on.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

So I finally got around to taking a few pics of the 92 Brigadier I got from Summit a couple of months back. From the picture on Summit I was expecting the heavy finish wear, but the reality was a bit more... extreme.

It's been pretty roughly handled, obviously, but it's mechanically in great shape after a good cleaning and oiling.

The big surprise was the bonus custom engraving!

"LA PULGA"

"VILLASENOR"

It shoots great, I already put Wolff's D-spring equivalent in it. It's also nice to finally have a 92 to share mags with my CX4.

Final Blog Entry fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 27, 2014

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

That is so cool.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

lmao that owns

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Final Blog Entry posted:

So I finally got around to taking a few pics of the 92 Brigadier I got from Summit a couple of months back. From the picture on Summit I was expecting the heavy finish wear, but the reality was a bit more... extreme.

It's been pretty roughly handled, obviously, but it's mechanically in great shape after a good cleaning and oiling.

"LA PULGA"

"VILLASENOR"

It shoots great, I already put Wolff's D-spring equivalent in it. It's also nice to finally have a 92 to share mags with my CX4.

Is that a police confiscated weapon?

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

I'm not sure, but that was my first thought when it came in.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Final Blog Entry posted:

I'm not sure, but that was my first thought when it came in.

I would bet serious money that it is. summit turns over a lot of police confiscated guns.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I was going to say that gun was an excellent candidate for a refinish until I got to the last two photos. That owns.

Here's a question: since resistance from the hammer and by extension the hammer spring is in part responsible for slowing rearward travel of the slide during the firing cycle, does installing a lighter D hammer spring increase wear on the locking block and frame? Would it be possible to counteract this with a heavier recoil spring?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

The D spring will not reduce the service life of the locking blocks. Beretta didn't care when producing 96D models, users reported no problems compared to FS, and and difference is only on paper.

9x19mm models would care even less.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Beretta knows people want to install the lighter D hammer spring, so they have a kit for it.

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-92-96-steel-trigger-spring-trigger-and-d-hammer-spring/e00691/

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I'm sure Beretta knew what they were doing when they chambered the 92 in .40 S&W, I'd just been reading SFG's posts on slide velocity and I was wondering if the effect on cycle speed one of those things that would be considered when re-springing a gun.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm sure Beretta knew what they were doing when they chambered the 92 in .40 S&W, I'd just been reading SFG's posts on slide velocity and I was wondering if the effect on cycle speed one of those things that would be considered when re-springing a gun.

In terms of long term damage, not really.

In terms of edge cases causing potential feeding issues, sometimes, but that's more the case going with crazy light recoil springs.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

I scored an M9A1. I traded an 84F and a Franchi 48AL shotgun for it. Not exactly a screaming deal, but I got a gun I wanted in exchange for two which mostly took up room in the safe. I really liked the 84, but it hardly ever made the cut when deciding which guns would go on a trip to the range.
When I compared the M9A1 to the 92, I was surprised at the weight difference - the M9 is HEAVY The rail adds quite a bit of weight.
It's about time to gather all the Berettas and take a group photo. There has been a bit of churn in the collection.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Hot as hell.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Yup. But pretty bittersweet. It is in my safe because the very good friend I gave it to moved abroad indefinitely and asked me to store it for the duration.

Bu at least he granted me full range usage

Chemystery
Sep 11, 2011

Maybe this world is another planet's hell...

Final Blog Entry posted:

"LA PULGA"

"VILLASENOR"

You really should fondle it while listening to some Narco Corridos

It really is not Mariachi Music...the lyrics are loving disturbing

The VICE documentary about this poo poo

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

quote:

Here's a sneak peak at the new Recover Tactical BC2 Grip and Rail System for Beretta pistols.

Pre-Order Today: http://www.recovertactical.com/beretta

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Ew.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The grips look fatter than the wooden ones I have, and those are

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Put a fatass light/laser unit on that pig, pop in a 20 round Mec-Gar, and long live the loving '80s, man!

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

If anyone wants a Simunition barrel for the 92/96 just for laughs, Numrich is selling one on gunbroker right now for $13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

infrared35 posted:

If anyone wants a Simunition barrel for the 92/96 just for laughs, Numrich is selling one on gunbroker right now for $13.

Would you need anything else for the gun to shoot simunitions?