Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Why are 90twos in 9mm so hard to find :eng99:

They look so space sexy but every single one I can find is in .40 S&W. Caliber debates aside, I really don't want to start buying yet another caliber...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

PerrineClostermann posted:

They look so space sexy but every single one I can find is in .40 S&W. Caliber debates aside, I really don't want to start buying yet another caliber...

same

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Really?

I never have had problems getting a 92FS in 9mm...are you talking about new or LEO trade-ins?

If surplus, .40s are common right now as agencies accross the USA are ditching the .40 caliber and going back to either 9mm or .45 ACP.

.40 is on its way out.
Kentucky just traded in some virtually unused Glock 27s and 35s...even Gen 4s so they hadn't had them for long at all.

I bought my M9A1 from CDNN and gave another to my dad from there.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mishaco posted:

Really?

I never have had problems getting a 92FS in 9mm...are you talking about new or LEO trade-ins?
Oh man, I have no idea how to even start explaining this madness to you.

Beretta makes the 92, arabic numerals nine and two. This is the gun the rest of us know and love from John Woo movies. They later made a gun called the 90-TWO, arabic numerals nine and zero, dash, Tango Whiskey Oscar. It was an updated version of the John Woo gun with an accessory rail, recoil buffer, and radical space gun styling that immediately sets it apart from other Berettas. It was redesigned to handle .40, and most were sold in that caliber. It has been discontinued for being a commercial and aesthetic failure.

PerrineClostermann wants a crazy space gun instead a of a John Woo gun and is having a hard time finding one.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 12, 2015

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hey man, these things are sexy

At this point the Berettas I'm interested in are, in no particular order:

90two
92FS Vertec Inox
M9A3

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 12, 2015

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Because 22Twos are better.

Too much Brescia dick lickin', and too many guappos on a mission doin' their best Tan-Fo rendition.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Because 22Twos are better.

Too much Brescia dick lickin', and too many guappos on a mission doin' their best Tan-Fo rendition.

Ravioli ravioli give me the Tanfoglioli.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

Hey, other people that like the 90two? I thought I was the only one. I did like how it had interchangeable grip sleeves and the small felt like a vertec grip, which i like. Also you could convert from F to G easily. Never got around to getting one.

Had alot of things going for it but I guess it lives on in the M9A3.

DookieSandwich fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 13, 2015

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DookieSandwich posted:

Hey, other people that like the 90two? I thought I was the only one. I did like how it had interchangeable grip sleeves and the small felt like a vertec grip, which i like. Also you could convert from F to G easily. Never got around to getting one.

Had alot of things going for it but I guess it lives on in the M9A3.

The M9A3 doesn't have a spacegun slide or grip, unfortunately...

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Hey man, these things are sexy
I handled one IRL at a gun show, and they just don't work, aesthetically, compared to the pics. Too busy.

The real reason I wrote that out is that Misha reads the forums with a text-to-speech device, and I just realized that depending on how it parses it, he may not know that the 92 and the 90-TWO are different guns.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I've handled the 40 s&w 9.0.twos at my work, they look fine :colbert: Plus the grip feels like a compromise between the normal, full grip and a vertec.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

You do you, man. We're debating the merits of which version on an obsolete Italian pistol design we like the best.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

In any case, I might put off the Vertec Inox...look at this M9A3.

http://imgur.com/a/nZieY

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yuck.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

E: I had taken the 96D to the range bone-dry and without cleaning any of the paper dust and debris from shipping out of the guts. Ran like a top. Slide is much smoother now that I have smeared on some engine re-build grease, though.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Italian guns have the coolest packaging.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

In any case, I might put off the Vertec Inox...look at this M9A3.

http://imgur.com/a/nZieY

I really like it but I hate that color, wish they would have just sold it in black or even an OD green.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Just heard that I will be getting a 92G Elite in early 2016. I'll have to see if I can budget a couple Mec-Gar 20 rounders by then.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

If you have to move money around to afford mags maybe you shouldn't be buying them.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

More like "why am I spending sixtybux on a couple mags for a handgun I will hardly shoot when I am buying two guns that I will shoot fairly regularly soon after?"

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Butch Cassidy posted:

More like "why am I spending sixtybux on a couple mags for a handgun I will hardly shoot when I am buying two guns that I will shoot fairly regularly soon after?"

The financial reasoning in this hobby has no rhyme or reason. I have given up trying to understand my own decision making. Just ride that train :c00l:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

The friend I gave it to is moving back to Europe for an indefinite term and wants me to hold onto his guns.

It needs a new recoil spring which I will drop in when he leaves. A couple 20 round Mec-Gar mags wouls be fun while he is away and a welcome home present when he gets back. And will probably mold an OWB while I'm at it. Good chance I will also put a 1911 hammer spring in there to guinnea pig primer ignition before putting one in my 96D to see how light I can make the already nice trigger.

Speaking of the 96D, is it true that the Customs style trigger spring improves trigger pull in a D model? If so, they do not work with a polymer trigger; could I install a metal trigger and then use it?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Butch Cassidy posted:

Speaking of the 96D, is it true that the Customs style trigger spring improves trigger pull in a D model? If so, they do not work with a polymer trigger; could I install a metal trigger and then use it?

I assume you mean the funky Wolff "INS style" trigger spring? It may improve trigger feel and reset (I can't say; I've never tried one), but I was told that if I ever see one in a gun, I was to take it out and install a standard trigger return spring. I got the impression that the Wolff deal didn't have very good longevity compared to the normal spring design.

From the product description: "Improves reliability by eliminating trigger spring breakage"

...the spring may not break on the Wolff, but from the sounds of it the rest of it will. :v:

I would actually like to try one just to see what it's like.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

If my gun had a metal trigger, I'd definitely get one for shits and giggles. But the polymer trigger being nice as is, spending money to get a metal one and then the spring might not be worth the experiment. 1911 spring is sure as poo poo going in, though. And an F spring from my junk box to see how heavy it can get :v:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

My 96G-SD came with one courtesy of the previous owner. It made the trigger feel heavier at first, but seems to have broken in. The nice thing I'll say is that it's much less of a pain in the rear end to install than the normal trigger spring, which I have lost at least two of.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Bigass Moth posted:

If you have to move money around to afford mags maybe you shouldn't be buying them.

I move money for everything. Sometimes it's from the bullet fund, sometimes it's from the optic fund, and sometimes it's from the gas fund.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

M9A3 is shipping to my store! Hell yeah

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

this GB seller has eight 90-Twos in 9mm for sale

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Saw the M9A3 at my work. I officially want one. Hard.

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

Butch Cassidy posted:

If my gun had a metal trigger, I'd definitely get one for shits and giggles. But the polymer trigger being nice as is, spending money to get a metal one and then the spring might not be worth the experiment. 1911 spring is sure as poo poo going in, though. And an F spring from my junk box to see how heavy it can get :v:

Changing from a polymer to a metal trigger made a fair amount of improvement in my trigger FWIW.

I dont know why but it was much less gritty in DA and has a little less pretravel in SA. Noticed small improvements in my DA shooting first day at the range.

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Yep, it reads '92' and '90Two'

exactly the same.

Anyway, so A3s are a thing now? i recall hearing of them back when they were still in development.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mishaco posted:

Yep, it reads '92' and '90Two'

exactly the same.

Anyway, so A3s are a thing now? i recall hearing of them back when they were still in development.

Yep. In order to be considered for any contracts in the future they have to submit a in-production gun, so...

Or so I have been told.

The M9A3 is a sexy sexy gun.

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth

Well, I just bought a Beretta 71 anyone got a line on 71 magazines besides ebay?

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

The M9A3 sounds neat, but for now I think I'll hang onto my orig M9 and M9A1.
We'll see how it all goes in future.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

SirDrinksAlot posted:

Well, I just bought a Beretta 71 anyone got a line on 71 magazines besides ebay?

Looks like Numrich has some for $45.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/152260.htm

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

When the military chooses a new pistol should we expect a flood of M9 milsurp in the US?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

When the military chooses a new pistol should we expect a flood of M9 milsurp in the US?
It was a struggle to get authority for unused 1911s to be surplussed to the CMP, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Bigass Moth posted:

Dead Reckoning posted:

It was a struggle to get authority for unused 1911s to be surplussed to the CMP, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yup

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

Positive vibes. Went shooting with a friend and his 92G Elite which has me really wanting a 92 again. Surplus M9 for bonus neat points would be tits.

But a surplus M9 with D spring would pretty quickly be commandeered by my wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Berettas have scary highcap mags, so I doubt they'll ever get CMP'd. The 1911s probably got a pass since they are (likely) legal everywhere, either by age or capacity.

Though to be fair, I would have bet heavily that the 1911s would have been torched and scrapped. It's a Christmas miracle that they're seeing civilian hands.