Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

infrared35 posted:

I tried to give you mine but you were all like, "nah, what would I need the second-coolest shotgun in the world for?"

:v:

I dont remember this at all.

GUBMINT MIND WIPE YALL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Gray Stormy posted:

Someone in this thread has to have a 1201FP.

Give it to me.

Goddamn I remember AIM selling some po-surp 1201FPs for like $350 a few years back. I didn't know what they were and didn't hop on it like a mofo like everyone else did.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Goddamn I remember AIM selling some po-surp 1201FPs for like $350 a few years back. I didn't know what they were and didn't hop on it like a mofo like everyone else did.

I had just cleared the expense with my wife only to find they were all gone. :(

hangedman
Dec 20, 2003

Fish out of water

Anyone had any experience with a .22 series 70 Beretta? Barring that, anyone in here own a series 70 at all? I've loved the way they looked but have never had the opportunity to shoot one.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

hangedman posted:

Anyone had any experience with a .22 series 70 Beretta? Barring that, anyone in here own a series 70 at all? I've loved the way they looked but have never had the opportunity to shoot one.

I've got a Series 70 in .380 and it's okay. It LOOKS fantastic and its ergonomics are awesome, and every time I shoot it I'm disappointed it's not in .22. :saddowns:

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

There's a pump-action beretta silver pigeon at my local gun store for pretty cheap. I want it because I don't have a pump gun and it's kinda loving wierd. Anyone got opinions on that?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

BeanTaco posted:

There's a pump-action beretta silver pigeon at my local gun store for pretty cheap. I want it because I don't have a pump gun and it's kinda loving wierd. Anyone got opinions on that?

Do it, if for nothing else than the novelty of it. :razz:

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Was the 92D LE only like the 92G, or did Beretta release them to the civilian market? I'm having trouble locating any full-sized ones. :saddowns:

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

Was the 92D LE only like the 92G, or did Beretta release them to the civilian market? I'm having trouble locating any full-sized ones. :saddowns:

I'm pretty sure they were available on the open market, but probably not in nearly as great a quantity as the DA/SA guns. There do seem to be an awful lot of Centurions out there though. No idea who the heck was using those.

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

Used Vertec in like 95% shape, is $525 a decent price?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Operating Rod posted:

Used Vertec in like 95% shape, is $525 a decent price?

Fair. It's a better price if it has night sights. How many mags?

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

Stock sights, one mag. It was in a badly overpriced shop, marked as a "Beretta 92FS". Pretty sure the shop thought it was just another Beretta, because a beat to poo poo 92FS next to it was like $500.

My dad decided to buy a Smith 617 and told the counter guy he would take it, and the guy loving walked away. When he didn't come back in 45 minutes we left. Dad bought a Buckmark Hunter from a really nice counter guy at the local Gander Mountain instead.

gently caress Davis's Sport Shop. Biggest cunts I've ever seen in Orange County, New York.

Except for the one young guy that works there, he's always nice as can be. Everyone else is a twat.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Gray Stormy posted:

Someone in this thread has to have a 1201FP.

Give it to me.

No. :smug:

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Mad Dragon posted:

No. :smug:

Its okay :smith:

Ive got some Sage stuff incoming that will make me happy with my 870 again :unsmith:

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Gray Stormy posted:

Its okay :smith:

Ive got some Sage stuff incoming that will make me happy with my 870 again :unsmith:

Please tell me you ordered that 30-pound rail set that covers the entire shotgun.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

infrared35 posted:

Please tell me you ordered that 30-pound rail set that covers the entire shotgun.

Noperoni. I need to find an alternative to a side saddle now that Ill be losing mine.

hardinge
Oct 1, 2011

I got my 418 Bantam today and am happy with it. This is the first time I have really wished I could do better pics as these do not do it justice, it really looks like it has not even been broken in. My camera is an ooold Sony digital handicam and I have no knowledge of photography but shall try and learn. This has an aluminum alloy frame that is sort of a mellow goldish brown that I like and contrasts nicely with the Black blued slide. It was supposedly the gun James Bond was portrayed as carrying until he was given something more substantial.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

hardinge posted:

I got my 418 Bantam today and am happy with it. This is the first time I have really wished I could do better pics as these do not do it justice, it really looks like it has not even been broken in. My camera is an ooold Sony digital handicam and I have no knowledge of photography but shall try and learn. This has an aluminum alloy frame that is sort of a mellow goldish brown that I like and contrasts nicely with the Black blued slide. It was supposedly the gun James Bond was portrayed as carrying until he was given something more substantial.

What is the white nub sticking out of the back?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Cocking indicator?

hardinge
Oct 1, 2011

Sperglord Actual posted:

Cocking indicator?

Yep, not to be confused with a cartridge in chamber indicator.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

I can't seem to get a solid answer anywhere else, so I figured I'd ask here: Does the 92G have the enlarged hammer pin like the 92FS? Or is it the older, smaller model like in the 92F?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I can't seem to get a solid answer anywhere else, so I figured I'd ask here: Does the 92G have the enlarged hammer pin like the 92FS? Or is it the older, smaller model like in the 92F?

I'm pretty sure every 9x series gun made after the S changeover has the enlarged hammer pin. I have no direct evidence, but my FS Vertec had the enlarged pin, and the 96G slides I used on the Vertec frame fit fine, which means they had the cutout to fit the enlarged pin...

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

infrared35 posted:

I'm pretty sure every 9x series gun made after the S changeover has the enlarged hammer pin.

I was just unsure because from what I'm seeing the G model was commissioned by the French government the same time the F model was commissioned by the US, which I figured theoretically means there may be some early models without the pin enlargement. I would assume that if there was a change made during the G's lifespan there would have been some designation change, though, so I guess it should be all clear.

Next question: will Mark at Summit Gun Broker get pissed if I ask him to cherry pick a 92G with a straight dust cover (to support my annoying OCD pickiness)?

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

unnnnngh i just bought my SIG goddammit!

Is that a pretty good price on these? Or is it something I can let go and hope to find it again?

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

All I can tell you is that my 92G has the enlarged hammer pin like the 92FS.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

IuniusBrutus posted:

unnnnngh i just bought my SIG goddammit!

Is that a pretty good price on these? Or is it something I can let go and hope to find it again?

92G with 2 mags and night sights for $375. Hell loving yes that't a good price.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Just received my Beretta from Summit Gun Broker, and it owns bones. Shoots great, super clean, nice bright night sights - by far my favorite full-size 9mm I've ever had. Only issue is that the slide doesn't like to lock back - on one mag it does it about 50% of the time, and the other it never does. It's not a huge issue at the moment, but I'd like to get it taken care of.

I'm going to assume it's not from the notch in the slide wearing, since the pistol looks very lightly used. Do the slide catches on these wear? Or should I look at a spring for it?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

This probably belongs here, I forgot we had a Beretta thread.

All I can say is that holy drat this is a fine piece of shooting iron. The detail that went into this gun is astonishing.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

Just received my Beretta from Summit Gun Broker, and it owns bones. Shoots great, super clean, nice bright night sights - by far my favorite full-size 9mm I've ever had. Only issue is that the slide doesn't like to lock back - on one mag it does it about 50% of the time, and the other it never does. It's not a huge issue at the moment, but I'd like to get it taken care of.

I'm going to assume it's not from the notch in the slide wearing, since the pistol looks very lightly used. Do the slide catches on these wear? Or should I look at a spring for it?

Does the slide lock open if you do it manually, with no magazine inserted?

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Yeah, I can manually engage the slide stop with no issues.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

Yeah, I can manually engage the slide stop with no issues.

Sounds more like a magazine issue. Are they factory mags? Are there any markings on them as to brand or production date?

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

The one that occasionally locks the slide back is marked "PB CAL. 9 PARA MADE IN ITALY" and has LE Only markings on the other side. The other magazine is marked the same, except it is made in USA, ACKK, MD.

Both are 15-rounders as well. Each have some sort of rack/ID number written on them, so I imagine they were actually issued at some point, and not just cheap magazines thrown in by the distributor.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

The one that occasionally locks the slide back is marked "PB CAL. 9 PARA MADE IN ITALY" and has LE Only markings on the other side. The other magazine is marked the same, except it is made in USA, ACKK, MD.

Both are 15-rounders as well. Each have some sort of rack/ID number written on them, so I imagine they were actually issued at some point, and not just cheap magazines thrown in by the distributor.

Maybe the springs just need to be replaced in them. Are the mag followers particularly dirty or anything? Have you taken the mags apart to see if they're clean inside?

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

infrared35 posted:

Maybe the springs just need to be replaced in them. Are the mag followers particularly dirty or anything? Have you taken the mags apart to see if they're clean inside?

I would bet a buffalo nickel that it's a mag issue. I've had glock mags so clapped out they make my G19 jam. Unpossible!

Seriously though most surplus mags are garbage and yours probably need replacing. Does Beretta offer a mag refurbishing service? I know Glock will replace worn or nonfunctional magazines free of charge if you send them in, I wonder if Beretta does the same thing.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Older Sig mags in newer guns have this issue, the solution there is to buy a new follower. Is that possible with a Beretta?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Alarbus posted:

Older Sig mags in newer guns have this issue, the solution there is to buy a new follower. Is that possible with a Beretta?

It's possible, but as far as I know Beretta hasn't really changed the design of their mags or slide stop since the M9 was adopted, so my first inclination would be to look at the mag springs.

Try another mag or two out, preferably mags that are known to work in other guns. Maybe try the trouble mags out in other guns to see if they continue to cause issues.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

Just received my Beretta from Summit Gun Broker, and it owns bones.

Post pictures while I wait for mine. Also, yeah, unless the follower of your magazines are horribly dirty or mutilated it's almost definitely the magazine spring. The fact that you can engage the slide catch manually just fine means the mag is not doing it properly, which pretty much has to be one of those two things. The PB marking is Pietro Beretta, which indicates factory mags, so you can't just chalk it up to crappy aftermarket mags.

Commie
Sep 18, 2000

I have a space gun:

And that's basically the entire reason I got it. The first time I saw one was at my first gun show, mere weeks after I arrived in the US. I was all, "Holy poo poo! A space gun!" Then I bought one when I became legally allowed to do so.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Post pictures while I wait for mine. Also, yeah, unless the follower of your magazines are horribly dirty or mutilated it's almost definitely the magazine spring. The fact that you can engage the slide catch manually just fine means the mag is not doing it properly, which pretty much has to be one of those two things. The PB marking is Pietro Beretta, which indicates factory mags, so you can't just chalk it up to crappy aftermarket mags.

I wish I could take better pictures. :(

Mark told me that they weren't in as nice of shape as the prior batch - I find that hard to believe, since the only cosmetic damage to it is literally a half-dozen pin sized marks. No real holster wear, even. Put 50 rounds through it yesterday and it shot amazing - these are by far the smoothest shooting pistols I've ever dealt with. Ok, now that I know what P B means, I know what magazines to look for. IIRC the current US magazines are junk, right? If so, I'll stay away from any "surplus" or L@@K MIL-SPECT BERETTA 92M9A1FS HIGH-CAP MAGS. I don't have another Beretta to try the magazines in, but I need to order some more anyways - if the new Mec-Gar or Beretta mags have no issues, then all is well. Totally pumped to get some 17-rounders up in this bitch.

I'm also loving how easy it is to get cheap parts, holsters, etc. for this. I love my CZs, but you can't find used anything for them, and there isn't much of an aftermarket yet. I'm already planning on getting a threaded barrel and spring kit, and I'm strongly considering a skeletonized hammer for fun. Interestingly, these have the first plastic grips which I think look and feel nice enough to not require immediate replacement.

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

I don't have another Beretta to try the magazines in, but I need to order some more anyways - if the new Mec-Gar or Beretta mags have no issues, then all is well. Totally pumped to get some 17-rounders up in this bitch.

I'm also loving how easy it is to get cheap parts, holsters, etc. for this. I love my CZs, but you can't find used anything for them, and there isn't much of an aftermarket yet...Interestingly, these have the first plastic grips which I think look and feel nice enough to not require immediate replacement.

Yeah, just stick with Mec-Gar or factory Beretta mags and you'll be fine. Beretta factory 15-rounders are usually around $18 to $20 a piece and you can find them everywhere. Beretta also makes 17-rounders, but the cheapest I've been able to find them is $25, and for that money you may as well get a Mec-Gar 18-rounder instead, which has the neat added bonus of witness holes and MG's nice anti-friction coating. Additionally, Beretta has recently put out a 30 round magazine from their factory that actually works, and it's priced at a reasonable $39.99.

I'm a big fan of CZ, too, and I agree that moving over to a Beretta or Glock has a huge inherent benefit of much easier to find parts and accessories. However, I will defend the standard plastic grips of the CZ 75b as being my favorite factory plastic grips available, even over the Beretta's.