Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

I am still relatively a novice at shooting, but would it be worthwhile to swap out the three-dot combat sights on my Vertec? It's difficult to get a proper sight picture as opposed to just lining up the dots, which results in levels of accuracy that are way closer to "stop bad guy in small hallway" than "woohoo competition!" Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/766565756

Interested to see how pricey this gets

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

:stare::fh:

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

My guess: $6-8k, depending on who wants it.

I think KAC is releasing a small number (20 IIRC) of new ones this year with an MSRP of $8500 for just the gun, the suppressor is another $2k.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

My guess: $6-8k, depending on who wants it.

I think KAC is releasing a small number (20 IIRC) of new ones this year with an MSRP of $8500 for just the gun, the suppressor is another $2k.

Want that, plus a trigger-guard-mounted laser, plus tranquilizer rounds for maximum MGS cosplay.

But not for ten grand. :(

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

infrared35 posted:

Want that, plus a trigger-guard-mounted laser, plus tranquilizer rounds for maximum MGS cosplay.

But not for ten grand. :(

I'm sure there are ways to mod an airsoft gun to launch a dart.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

I'm sure there are ways to mod an airsoft gun to launch a dart.

I like where your head's at. :coal:

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Looks like Beretta's putting out black M9A3s

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiNWhZyjxKp/

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Speaking of M9A3s, how do these and similar 92s run with a suppressor? I've read different things about them needing or not needing a piston.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mine ran fine with a 45cal suppressor

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

Duckboat posted:

I am still relatively a novice at shooting, but would it be worthwhile to swap out the three-dot combat sights on my Vertec? It's difficult to get a proper sight picture as opposed to just lining up the dots, which results in levels of accuracy that are way closer to "stop bad guy in small hallway" than "woohoo competition!" Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Unpopular opinion (plus I'm not a great shooter) but I will tell you that I got rid of three-dots as soon as I realized you could. My guns all have fiber fronts / black rears if its possible for me to install them myself (including my carry gun, since I also carry a flashlight). I tolerate the regular M9's two-dots pretty well, but most three-dots are distracting. Fiber optics really helped me focus on the front sight and start tracking it through recoil, which helped me start to improve. You can do that just fine with three-dots, but I found that fiber optics make it a little easier because there's a big ball of ATTENTION GOES HERE at the end of your slide.

I do not have direct experience with M9A3s, but if memory serves on the 92 series as a whole Beretta sets their sights up for a combat hold (dot-on-target) The 10-8s on my G34 and G26 put POI at the top of the front sight post out to like 25 yards or so as an example of something different, and I find this to be much more precise. Been a while since I shot my M9, could be wrong.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Styles Bitchley posted:

Speaking of M9A3s, how do these and similar 92s run with a suppressor? I've read different things about them needing or not needing a piston.

I have an A3. Runs great with a can.

Deliciousham
Feb 20, 2013

Got my first shotgun last month, so had to get some grips to go with my pistol. Gonna have to get out to the range this weekend.

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

Deliciousham posted:

Got my first shotgun last month, so had to get some grips to go with my pistol. Gonna have to get out to the range this weekend.

I was kinda wondering what my 92A1 would look like with wood grips, thanks for sharing this.

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

Kennebago posted:

Unpopular opinion (plus I'm not a great shooter) but I will tell you that I got rid of three-dots as soon as I realized you could. My guns all have fiber fronts / black rears if its possible for me to install them myself (including my carry gun, since I also carry a flashlight). I tolerate the regular M9's two-dots pretty well, but most three-dots are distracting. Fiber optics really helped me focus on the front sight and start tracking it through recoil, which helped me start to improve. You can do that just fine with three-dots, but I found that fiber optics make it a little easier because there's a big ball of ATTENTION GOES HERE at the end of your slide.

I do not have direct experience with M9A3s, but if memory serves on the 92 series as a whole Beretta sets their sights up for a combat hold (dot-on-target) The 10-8s on my G34 and G26 put POI at the top of the front sight post out to like 25 yards or so as an example of something different, and I find this to be much more precise. Been a while since I shot my M9, could be wrong.

Grazie!

So, I am about to ask some dumb questions. If I were to other a front and rear sight, what tools would I need to swap them in? Can Joe average do it, or would it require a a smith?

What size rear would I order? I think the U rear would make more seems with the fiber front I'm getting for it.

How easy are they to sight in?

Can I ask.more annoying questions?

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Deliciousham posted:

Post more of that shotgun please

Deliciousham
Feb 20, 2013

DeesGrandpa posted:

Post more of that shotgun please

I will try and get a few photos up later this week, business travel. Itís a Beretta A400 and I had it out to the desert for the first time shooting some clays.

Shoots like a dream and definitely the smoothest shotgun I have personally shot.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/769490921

Of course this comes up a week before I close on a house

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Final Blog Entry posted:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/769490921

Of course this comes up a week before I close on a house

Holy effffff

I threw a bid on it but wasn't successful. Watchlisted it to see how high it goes.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Iím on the other side of the planet lads so I realize this is a hard question.

I have a Beretta 92 Combat Conversion Kit - 6Ē bushing barrel, bushing assembly etc, in a spare 92 Brig slide with target sights. What dya rekon itís worth?

Hennig fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 10, 2018

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Give you a hundo for it.

Real answer is: it depends. It's a pretty rare item, but it also has a pretty small target market. How many people have a Beretta 92 on their license in your area?

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

260 dollar DAO PX4 storm for you weirdos out there. http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/beretta-px4-storm-9mm.html

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

They're back!?

Fuuuuuuck, things sold out before I got paid, last time and I'm two weeks out from a check.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Ernest Langdon replied to my private message!

~Senpai noticed me~

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Butch Cassidy posted:

They're back!?

Fuuuuuuck, things sold out before I got paid, last time and I'm two weeks out from a check.

Oh yeah, I meant to post this before it ended if it was still cheap, and it was still cheap. My bad.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/770286523

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

infrared35 posted:

Ernest Langdon replied to my private message!

~Senpai noticed me~

:swoon:

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008
Prepare yourself for some obtuse logic--->

Are the DAO PX4s any good?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Toshokan posted:

Are the DAO PX4s any good?

Oh yeah, as long as you don't mind a DAO gun.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Also, that 92D Type M is at $855 with two days to go.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

Oh yeah, as long as you don't mind a DAO gun.

But... What if I do...?

You have what, ideally a long smooth and moderately heavy trigger pull, with a very long reset back. With no controls, on a mildly recoiling pistol.

There are a lot of things that I like about that, esp since that price puts it in hi point territory. But I do *prefer* SA.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Now I'm wondering if a DAO PX4 could be converted to SAO like folks do with 92/96D's.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

I thought I would hate DA/SA until I got my PX4. Don't think I would want DAO though.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

DakianDelomast posted:

But... What if I do...?

You have what, ideally a long smooth and moderately heavy trigger pull, with a very long reset back. With no controls, on a mildly recoiling pistol.

There are a lot of things that I like about that, esp since that price puts it in hi point territory. But I do *prefer* SA.

DAO isn't bad, it just takes some practice to get used to. But the simplified manual of arms is great, especially for folks who object to a slide-mounted safety.

Another option is maybe you could convert it to "constant action", which is still DAO but a lighter, pre-cocked version of it.

Final Blog Entry posted:

Now I'm wondering if a DAO PX4 could be converted to SAO like folks do with 92/96D's.

Probably, but I wouldn't carry one like that.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008
Prepare yourself for some obtuse logic--->

Final Blog Entry posted:

That's quite intriguing and something I never thought about. Anyone else have any info on this?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Toshokan posted:

That's quite intriguing and something I never thought about. Anyone else have any info on this?

Iíve never done it, but Beretta is usually pretty good about being able to swap fire control groups (or slides) in a given line.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

DAO isn't bad, it just takes some practice to get used to. But the simplified manual of arms is great, especially for folks who object to a slide-mounted safety.

Another option is maybe you could convert it to "constant action", which is still DAO but a lighter, pre-cocked version of it.

How does it compare to LEM on a USP/HK45C? Same concept?

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Toshokan posted:

On a 92/96 you start with a D model and modify the frame and slide to take a frame safety like you would see on other SAO Berettas like a Steel, Centennial, etc., and swap the hammer out for a SAO version. Maybe a few more fiddly bits, I'm not sure. Josh from Allegheny Gun Works and WAL over on Beretta Forum both can do it to a 92/96D and could answer all your questions.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

DakianDelomast posted:

How does it compare to LEM on a USP/HK45C? Same concept?

Nah, more like SIG's DAK where you get the same length of pull but half the weight.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

If you want to experience something similar to but different from LEM, Daewoo's Double-Action Plus is a kissing cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

I regret not buying one of those DP51s when they were like $250. Same with those Polish Mag-98s that came in like once and then were never seen again. I even held one of those Mag 98s at a gun show, thought about forking over the cash, but figured "these are relatively new on the market, they'll be around later!"