Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm really hoping this is like Naruto, where the next panel has Hindo saying, "wait, substitution jutsu?!" and you see that the body is just made up of a log.

Then the real Rob comes out of nowhere and continues the fight.

I'm really hoping that's the case. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Regy Rusty posted:

This plus the fact that it's been long theorized that Rob's lack of ears would help him against the Troll King's words of death, plus the apparent importance of the other Dragonborn give me hope that he's still alive somehow.

Speaking of the other Dragonborn, I was rereading Chapter 5, and observed something interesting.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

If Rob is really dead, this is some really well-executed dark humor. LB set up a bunch of expectations for Rob, put a lot into the character, knew he was a fan favorite, and just blew him up in like 3 panels.

I'm still hoping it's not a "real" death though.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That was easy.

:siren:TOO EASY:siren:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

kidcoelacanth posted:

That was easy.

:siren:TOO EASY:siren:

Hindo has repeatedly noted that Rob was pretty weak.

vv Not as good as the real Chibisoma. vv

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 28, 2012

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Well, Tails Gets Trolled's decided to sink ships and kill Rob, it seems. Interest completely hit rock bottom. Thanks, Lazerbot!
Oh good, generic straight electrocution death #2,405,120. Yawn. No Rob/Emler End, no reading. Emler's the least interesting male since Chiba Mamoru.
And to Lazerbot: gently caress you for not taking a god drat chance, you cowardly loving bitch. "Nope. Rob has to die!" gently caress you.
Remember the lesson Tails Gets Trolled teaches us: Don't be a Dragonborn/deaf, otherwise your peers won't like you. #TailsGetsTrolled #fuckingasshole #badendconfirmed
Now I definitely need to get to work on writing a guide because otherwise the urge to strange that cowardly little prick won't go away.
Yeah, can't do it. Hey @tailsgetstrolled - good job sinking ships and ruining the comic, you weak god drat writer.
@tailsgetstrolled Can't have the main characters be dragonborn/deaf, right? That's for the designated 'dead' characters, huh? gently caress you, you prick.
@tailsgetstrolled No, really, it's nice of you to have a 'please stop reading now' arc. Real considerate of you.
@tailsgetstrolled - proving that making a dragonborn/deaf character the lead isn't worth the trouble. You're really breakin' down barriers there, Lazerbot.
Hey kids: If you're deaf, you should be electrocuted. You must be straight. Remember the lessons that @lazerbot taught us.
loving makes me sick. Great, one more generic hearie romance with a bland hearing lead. Good job @lazerbot you loving coward.
Need to go watch @GeorgeTakei say/do things to calm down. Stupid anti-deaf bullshit ruining my morning. Off to Youtube I go...

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I'm not buying it. I'm expecting all of his bits to fly back together. Or maybe it's a hallucination. Or maybe necromancer Elmer will make an suit of armor made of Rob and they will fuse together to make Elmerob. Or maybe.. maybe... he just can't be dead, guys. :negative:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

There was a decoy dragonshout right? RIGHT?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Holy God! That came out of left field so much. Usually I can be patient waiting for the next page, but this is the first time I must know RIGHT NOW!ARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!

I am barely able to :chillpill: right now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lazerbot taking the Martin route of killing whoever the favorite is, I see.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
And then he made us watch as he EXPLODED Rob right in front of us!

ClownSyndrome fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 28, 2012

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Paramemetic posted:

ANTI-DEAF OPPRESSION

Are these people being sarcastic or are they genuine Tumblresque offended?

Poor Rob. Hoping it's not his actual death also. :ohdear:

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Paramemetic posted:

Well, Tails Gets Trolled's decided to sink ships and kill Rob, it seems. Interest completely hit rock bottom. Thanks, Lazerbot!
Oh good, generic straight electrocution death #2,405,120. Yawn. No Rob/Emler End, no reading. Emler's the least interesting male since Chiba Mamoru.
And to Lazerbot: gently caress you for not taking a god drat chance, you cowardly loving bitch. "Nope. Rob has to die!" gently caress you.
Remember the lesson Tails Gets Trolled teaches us: Don't be a Dragonborn/deaf, otherwise your peers won't like you. #TailsGetsTrolled #fuckingasshole #badendconfirmed
Now I definitely need to get to work on writing a guide because otherwise the urge to strange that cowardly little prick won't go away.
Yeah, can't do it. Hey @tailsgetstrolled - good job sinking ships and ruining the comic, you weak god drat writer.
@tailsgetstrolled Can't have the main characters be dragonborn/deaf, right? That's for the designated 'dead' characters, huh? gently caress you, you prick.
@tailsgetstrolled No, really, it's nice of you to have a 'please stop reading now' arc. Real considerate of you.
@tailsgetstrolled - proving that making a dragonborn/deaf character the lead isn't worth the trouble. You're really breakin' down barriers there, Lazerbot.
Hey kids: If you're deaf, you should be electrocuted. You must be straight. Remember the lessons that @lazerbot taught us.
loving makes me sick. Great, one more generic hearie romance with a bland hearing lead. Good job @lazerbot you loving coward.
Need to go watch @GeorgeTakei say/do things to calm down. Stupid anti-deaf bullshit ruining my morning. Off to Youtube I go...

This is ridiculous. :stare:

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Thats a whole lot of seriously funny care. What the gently caress do these people want out of TGT

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ClownSyndrome posted:

And then me made us watch as he EXPLODED Rob right in front of us!
This would be the most amazing long con if he ended the comic right now. We are the ones who were trully troled.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Themata posted:

Are these people being sarcastic or are they genuine Tumblresque offended?

Poor Rob. Hoping it's not his actual death also. :ohdear:

ZuljinRaynor posted:

This is ridiculous. :stare:

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

Thats a whole lot of seriously funny care. What the gently caress do these people want out of TGT

Trolls be trolling!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Plutonis posted:

Trolls be trolling!

It was a bad Chibisoma parody.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Ah well it made me lol despite not being very clever

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

You can't kill a dragon without absorbing the soul, eventually it'll come back to life.

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009
Ahaha that Rob death is great. All this time we've had long drawn out fights that people complained about a whole bunch, and all the signs were pointing for this one to be another but nope, he just gets exploded instantly.

Brilliant.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Some deaf kid was really attached to Rob. It's sad that he can't hear the world's smallest violin I'm playing for him. :fut:

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Honestly I think Lazerbot did this because Rob was a fan favorite.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I haven't played Skyrim in a while, is there some kind of decoy dragon-shout?

Edit: The Greybeards did use one to create ghosts of themselves when training the Dragonborn...

Roleplaying Larry fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 28, 2012

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Next comic is going to feature Tails opening a Center for deaf children and Knuckles+Rouge naming their baby Rob

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Wow. That really caught me by surprise, I totally wasn't expecting Rob to die suddenly at all! Amazing stuff. And that face he makes as he's about to explode-- goodness, that's really well-done!

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mystic_Squid posted:

I haven't played Skyrim in a while, is there some kind of decoy dragon-shout?

Edit: The Greybeards did use one to create ghosts of themselves when training the Dragonborn...

It doesn't really matter if there is or isn't, lazerbot isn't exactly playing these things straight out of their franchises.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

See ya Rob!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That was pretty god drat amazing. I think I like the super quick death compared to the long drawn out fights. Yin/Yang and all that.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
No :(
I hope fud avenges Rob.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Ooh. Foreshadowing again from LazyB. And subtle too. I too almost thought for a second there that he'd be a challenge to Hindo. This unabashed brutalism in the treatment of characters - Original Characters no less - leaves me in respectful awe.

Without the foreshadowing this would feel like sucker-punching the fan favourite with the Power of the Pen, but it actually works. That is, if this wasn't a deception by Rob. I just don't know. I want him to be alive but if he's really dead then woah, what a way to do it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Probably the greatest page of this great comic yet. I'm personally hoping there is no fake-out; this one is incredible. All this build up for such an anti-climatic battle. Really puts Hindo over as Dude You Do Not gently caress With. I'm suddenly way more concerned about the good guys' survival than I was before.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, Lazerbot R.R. Martin.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Well, poo poo. Where do we go from here? Everyone is fair game! There are no rules! Nothing is sacred!
Panic!:stonk:

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Rob died as he lived:

not
having
loving
ears

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
drat, I actually feel emotionally hurt by this...

I mean, it's not the first time the comic has brutally killed off one of its major characters... but fuucck

I hope Rob gets his own flashback. Or maybe Emler can do a soul bind with Rob

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Just realized he probably can't even come back as a zombie puppet since he got 'sploded.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Redeadagain posted:

Well, poo poo. Where do we go from here? Everyone is fair game! There are no rules! Nothing is sacred!
Panic!:stonk:

This is basically what everyone said when Sonic died.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Not a Twat posted:

Or maybe Emler can do a soul bind with Rob

Rob was decapitated, so that won't be happening.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Tsun posted:

What brings you here, wayfarer grim, to wander here, in Sovengarde, souls-end, Shor's gift to honored dead?

Rob posted:

WHAT!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rob lasted a pretty long time considering most of the original troll slayers were pretty lame.