Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Krysae with a N7 Destroyer is a lot of fun because of the ROF increase. Especially with Hydra missles, welcome to stagger city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Krysae points are also needed for the Rebellion Mastery, so it might be worth it to you to get the 140,000 points needed for Sniper Rifle Mastery, and then just do the additional 60,000 toward Rebellion. Just something to consider.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

LogicNinja posted:

This. The Geth Scanner has made a noticeable difference in my Paladin play. It's great to be able to snap freeze a group through walls and detonate as I round the corner, rather than rounding the corner, snap freezing as I'm shot at, and then trying to survive until cooldown and detonate.
It's great on Glacier, where you can wait for the initial spawn down at the bottom and then run up to the Panic Room-blocking boxes rain ice on everyone down there with a certainty that you're hitting something, as opposed to just blindly shooting into the wall like a spaz. During hacks down there, you can do the reverse as well. And being able to plan which way to shoot to hit as many people as possible (although you might be limited to three actual targets) is really helpful.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'm at a similar spot where I've used all of the good sniper rifles for sniper mastery and my choices for the last one are the Mantis, Viper, Incisor, and Krysae. I already have about 11,000 for the Viper and 0 for the others so I may just go with that.

You'll need a ton of points with the Krysae for another challenge, so as much as it sucks it might be best to use that.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Gangringo posted:

You'll need a ton of points with the Krysae for another challenge, so as much as it sucks it might be best to use that.

You could just get Rebellion Mastery with other weapons like the Reegar and Harrier + maps + extractions, which might be less painful. I did Sniper Mastery with Mantis and the Kishock, both of which are pretty decent on the Salarian Infiltrator. The Kishock is basically a Widow when charged and a Claymore when it isn't as long as you're mindful of lag.

I'm working on SMG mastery today myself. Soloing silver with a Turian Soldier is great for the Hornet and Tempest, but I dread having to do the Geth SMG even if it's going to be faster than getting 77 more SMG medals. :shepicide:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Paracelsus posted:

It's great on Glacier, where you can wait for the initial spawn down at the bottom and then run up to the Panic Room-blocking boxes rain ice on everyone down there with a certainty that you're hitting something, as opposed to just blindly shooting into the wall like a spaz. During hacks down there, you can do the reverse as well. And being able to plan which way to shoot to hit as many people as possible (although you might be limited to three actual targets) is really helpful.

IMO geth scanner is sort of a waste on glacier. The map is so tiny and the spawns are so apparent you don't really need to waste a gear slot telling you where the enemies are. Snap freeze's range is massive and you can wave it around and cover a huge AOE. So long as you have a general idea where they are (which is elementary on a lot of maps, but especially on glacier) you shouldn't need a scanner, and I think some might be underestimating the contribution of +% power damage when you use your powers as frequently as the paladin.

Of course, if you're having success with it go ahead and stay the course, but I'm not sure geth scanner is the One True Equip for wallhack classes once you get a good feel for the spawn system.

edit: this only applies for wallhack powers with big radii, for smash/poison strike wallhacks geth scanner can be a game changer

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 18, 2013

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

IMO geth scanner is sort of a waste on glacier. The map is so tiny and the spawns are so apparent you don't really need to waste a gear slot telling you where the enemies are. Snap freeze's range is massive and you can wave it around and cover a huge AOE. So long as you have a general idea where they are (which is elementary on a lot of maps, but especially on glacier) you shouldn't need a scanner, and I think some might be underestimating the contribution of +% power damage when you use your powers as frequently as the paladin.
Omni-capacitors takes Snap Freeze's damage (with 4b/6a, and passive 4b) from 475 to 505, about a 6% increase. And since most of the damage comes from the explosion, which is fixed, it's even less overall. I'll gladly take "There are two Phantoms coming up that stairway" and "there's a turret on the other side of that wall" over that.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Gangringo posted:

I'm still debating on whether I really give a poo poo about Rebellion Mastery or not, it's not like I'll ever use the banner. I kind of lost the will to grind for specific challenges when I was doing 200 waves for a million characters to get the Monster banner right after Retaliation came out (as a side note, funny that neither of the new Bloodpack weapons were added to Bloodpack Mastery). It actually made me sick of the normally super fun krogan, batarian, and vorcha kits. If I want to finish it I could probably just complete the half done Phoenix and quarian extraction challenges and just never touch the Krysae.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

and just never touch the Krysae.

Which is pretty much always a sound idea.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Serpentis posted:

Which is pretty much always a sound idea.

What's the story with it? Exactly how good was it to get so neutered?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

HaitianDivorce posted:

What's the story with it? Exactly how good was it to get so neutered?
It used to do a lot more damage (in the same grenade-like radius), so you could take out a Gold mook spawn in a couple of hits along with staggering everything else in the area. Phantoms were suddenly not a problem. There also used to be a way to abuse the zoom system so you could fire the first two shots much faster (I think they fixed this). I remember using it on a GI when that was the highest-damaging class, and it was so glorious.

Try using it in single player ME3 (I love giving it to Garrus) and you'll see what it used to be like.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Stroop There It Is posted:

Try using it in single player ME3 (I love giving it to Garrus) and you'll see what it used to be like.

Will do.

Also--I just noticed you can see Christo de Redentor from the platform in FB Rio! So that's kinda cool I guess!

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Paracelsus posted:

Omni-capacitors takes Snap Freeze's damage (with 4b/6a, and passive 4b) from 475 to 505, about a 6% increase. And since most of the damage comes from the explosion, which is fixed, it's even less overall. I'll gladly take "There are two Phantoms coming up that stairway" and "there's a turret on the other side of that wall" over that.

If you look at any single upgrade in terms of overall damage output they all seem inconsequential; this thread is able to cite numbers very well but sometimes struggles putting them in context of a match. The benefit of any damage augment isn't in a single cast, but in breaching certain damage thresholds faster - Omnicapacitors will let you kill certain enemies with 2 powers instead of 3, which adds up over the course of a wave (and game). "30 extra snap freeze damage" understates omnicapacitors' benefit since it augments all of your powers (which benefit from vs. defense multipliers) and lessens the penalty for carrying medium-weight weapons.

Of course, if you keep getting flanked by turrets & phantoms then any thresholds are irrelevant, and by all means equip the geth scanner. I'm just suggesting that the geth scanner may not be for everybody, just like i'm sure omnicapacitors aren't for everybody, either.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I just got the top score in a random gold match with two pubbies.

As a loving juggernaut. :suicide:

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Let me guess: they were playing your Krogan Sentinel build.

:colbert:

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

The Slithery D posted:

Let me guess: they were playing your Krogan Sentinel build.

:colbert:

Are you an N7 Paladin? Because that was a Snap Freeze->Incinerate level :iceburn:

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The mantis isn't so bad, it was the go to weapon in the demo and retains a good bit of class if you push characters for sniper rifle damage. We've just been spoiled for choice with loads better sniper rifles. I don't think I Gave it up until I had the widow at three IsH.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

LogicNinja posted:

Are you an N7 Paladin? Because that was a Snap Freeze->Incinerate level :iceburn:
Dammit LogicNinja

I'm also joining the Geth Scanner on an N7 Paladin bandwagon. Dealing with Collectors is so much less of a pain (especially on a dark map like Reactor) when they can't sneak up on you. I feel like the survivability increase is worth doing less damage, but for someone who is better at not dying with this dude, I can see why you would want the Omnicapacitors.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Stroop There It Is posted:

Dammit LogicNinja

I'm also joining the Geth Scanner on an N7 Paladin bandwagon. Dealing with Collectors is so much less of a pain (especially on a dark map like Reactor) when they can't sneak up on you. I feel like the survivability increase is worth doing less damage, but for someone who is better at not dying with this dude, I can see why you would want the Omnicapacitors.

Yeah, that's a fair point. My situational awareness is terrible, maybe if it wasn't I wouldn't love the Scanner so much.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Stop talking about the N7 Paladin, 170 hours and I still haven't unlocked him :qq:

I do have the Batarian Soldier and let me tell you, making Phantoms explode with omni-tool-propelled blades is the best. No, wait, Falcon-punching their head off is the best.
Not really feeling the Inferno Grenades, though.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

seravid posted:

Stop talking about the N7 Paladin, 170 hours and I still haven't unlocked him :qq:

I do have the Batarian Soldier and let me tell you, making Phantoms explode with omni-tool-propelled blades is the best. No, wait, Falcon-punching their head off is the best.

Throw inferno grenades at bosses and just watch them melt. Bring someone who can detonate fire explosions for even more fun.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Enter Char posted:

Throw inferno grenades at entire spawns and just watch them melt. Bring someone who can detonate fire explosions for even more fun.

Fixed that for you. Inferno Grenades are a ton of damage.

Someone soloed Platinum with a Krogan Warlord. It's a nice video to watch if you want to see how to try and engage sync-killers without getting sync-killed. No Collectors though!

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

seravid posted:

If you use incendiary ammo on the target before throwing you grenades, the inferno grenades do with DOT over 3 seconds rather than 8.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

jpmeyer posted:

If you use incendiary ammo on the target before throwing you grenades, the inferno grenades do with DOT over 3 seconds rather than 8.

This could be it.

Also, are they susceptible to off-host fuckery? They actually took a couple of seconds to be thrown sometimes. Damage seemed really inconsistent too, but that could be because of the incendiary thing. I'll give them another shot tonight.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

seravid posted:

Also, are they susceptible to off-host fuckery? They actually took a couple of seconds to be thrown sometimes.
Grenades can take a while to be thrown if you have bad lag. Also if you try to throw a bunch quickly sometimes you'll do the animation but not actually throw along with it.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
Welp, finally ground out Best of the Best.

That was an ordeal. If you really want to grind it out:

1) Double up on challenges as much as possible. The Javelin covers Machine Mastery and Sniper Rifle Mastery, for example
2) Use weapons on the highest possible level that they're viable. Yeah yeah everything is viable etc., but what I mean by this is that crappier weapons won't score you many points at higher levels as your teammates kill everything first, while good weapons will score fewer points on lower levels than they could have on higher levels.
3) Collectors for whatever reason give far fewer points than the other factions, which will slow down challenges which require points noticeably
4) Weapon challenges seemed to get me around 40-50k per game on silver, 80-100k on gold, and 100k-125k on platinum. Based on that you can get these knocked out in 2-4 games, which is a hell of a lot faster than 10 or 20 games for the wave/extraction challenges.
5) Even though you’ll complete them eventually, using amps and ammos to help knock out the weapons challenges with bad weapons will save your sanity by letting you take more powerful/preferred weapons along sooner.
6) This assumes that you have access to lots of stuff. If you don't, do what you can and just bide your time until you get more stuff. Doing one of those 200 wave challenges with a 50/50 split between gold and silver will give you enough credits for a dozen PSPs.

Individual Challenges:

Squad Elite: Assuming you have no weekend challenges and there will be no more weekend challenges, you will still get this fairly quickly without needing to explicitly try. The 25 extractions will probably be more like maybe 30-40 since they'll double up so often, compared to how you may need something like 50 extractions just for some titles. The slowest part will probably be the first aid medals, especially if/when you play on lower difficulty levels as people will die less frequently. I think I generally get 0 on bronze, 0-1 on silver, 1-2 on gold, and 2 (maaaaybe 3 if I’m playing a speedy infiltrator class) on platinum.

Spectre Mastery: You will eventually get this. Waves Completed will almost certainly come first (you need something like 4,000 waves for other challenges) and medals will come last. I found that I generally get 4-6 medals on bronze, 6-8 on silver, 8-10 on gold, and 10-12 on platinum. For points I’ve found that I score something like 50-75k on silver, around 100k on gold, and around 150k on platinum. 100k per game on gold times 250 games to get the wave requirement is conveniently 25m points.

Solo Mastery: Obviously this one requires you to do something out of the ordinary that you wouldn't get from regular play. How to solo could be a guide in and of itself, which better players than me have already talked about elsewhere. But in short, learn how spawns work, how to kite enemies, how wave budgets work, and get used to right hand advantage.

N7 Mastery: This one is a horrible grind which slows down huge amounts of other challenges. You need 2.5 million XP to go from level 1 to level 20. If you're lucky enough that you still have a lot of customization options left to unlock, that will help this a bit. The Reckoning characters gave me 2.5 promotions worth of XP, for example.

Any characters which you can take into gold at level 1 will help this one a lot. Off the top of my head, I brought Turian Havoc, most (all?) of the Krogans, and most of the infiltrators to gold at level 1 with good guns and consumables. At around 400k per game you can knock out a few promotions from each of their 200 wave challenge. Trying to speed this challenge along by taking level 1 characters into gold (and silver) made me realize how guns are more damaging than powers by forcing me to not be able to use powers and rely solely on guns.

I didn't do this since I was trying to max out my rares, but I'm pretty sure that recruit packs always have a level 1 character card in them (except of course when you roll up to an uncommon) worth 62,500 XP. 40 of those equals one promotion (excluding when you roll up to an uncommon), which is 200k credits. Or, 4 gold games should give you about two promotions worth of XP (granted, spread across many characters) Have fun! :barf:

Map Mastery: You need to do gold to get this. You do not need to do platinum although it does speed things up. You’ll eventually get this if you play gold regularly, but you’ll get it faster if you do fewer silver/bronze runs. Note that the hazard challenge takes 200 waves rather than only 100.

Also, as you get closer to the end you’ll want to host your own games or play ones with friends where you can pick the maps you need to finish off so you don’t tear you hair out waiting for the randomizer to finally give you the map you wanted.

Biotic/Tech Mastery: You will almost certainly get this in the course of all of those 200 wave challenges, but you may want to plan ahead anyway. For example, Nova is only on the default Human Vanguard, which doesn’t have any wave/extraction challenges linked to it so you probably would skip that unless you felt like you could grind it out in one game or something.

Some tech powers double up. Geth Turret and Sentry Turret both count on Geth Engineer if you take the flamethrower evolution, and Snap Freeze also counts for Cryo Blast.

Submission Net is IIRC the only power that counts elsewhere (Blood Pack Mastery)

Resurgence/Rebellion Mastery: You can double up on the Kishock, Reegar, and Harrier but the Geth SMG, Krysae, and Striker are probably too annoying to slog through. Since you’ll need 100 waves anyway, you’re a good portion of the way to the map challenges for these. The remaining class extractions double up well with other challenges.

Earth Mastery: The N7 classes do NOT double up in wave challenges elsewhere, so I only did the bare minimum 3 of them. All three weapons are good so you’ll want to do their challenges. For the classes, I liked Destroyer for making bad guns more usable and Paladin if you need some more tech challenges

Retaliation Mastery: 50 hazard extractions is a LOT. I didn’t bother trying to get it since everything else was completing much faster. The three guns aren’t the greatest but at least they complete faster than 50 hazard extractions. There’s only 8 options for 6 challenges here, so there isn’t much leeway in what to do or not do. You'll want to do both Turian classes for Commando Mastery, but you don't need to do both Volus classes for Outsider Mastery.

Blood Pack Mastery:
You only need to do 4 wave challenges here, of which you’ll most likely end up using the Batarians (also covers Resurgence Mastery) for Submission Net and Ballistic Blades and Vorcha Soldier for Carnage (Vorcha is also good for soloing bronze to grind out terrible weapons). You’ll probably end up using Krogan Vanguard for the 4th wave challenge since you’ll probably be using him for Resurgence Mastery (and possibly also solos) anyway.

Annoyingly, I found that this also lead me to not ever bother with a bunch of classes entirely like the Batarian Vanguard and Batarian Adept entirely because I just wanted to get the stupid challenges out of the way.

Commando Mastery: Ugh, this needs 7 wave challenges to complete. One of these will be Turian Soldier because it comes in handy for completing weapon challenges with crappy guns and you need it for the Proximity Mine challenge. You’ll probably also have about 100 waves in Asari Justicar, Turian Havoc, and Turian Ghost from their extraction challenges (plus Cabal Vanguard if you care about Reckoning Mastery). That still leaves you with 2-4 classes of your choice, so you can feel free for once to play classes that you actually like (!!!)

Machine Mastery: I ended up doing the Geth and Quarian Male Engineers/Infiltrators for the 4 wave challenges entirely because they had extraction challenges from earlier. Special mention for Geth Trooper though since it’s one of the better classes for platinum.

Outsider Mastery: I did the two Phoenixes and the Volus Adept since I needed to complete their extraction challenges. The fourth is up to you although the more efficient choice would be to do the Collector Adept or the Talon Merc (although the Drell are definitely more fun than the Collector and better on the higher difficulties).

Shotgun Master: You’ll already be doing the Graal, Disciple, Geth Plasma Shotgun, Reegar, and Piranha. You can eventually get the medals if you want to. The Raider, Crusader, Wraith, and Claymore are all good, so this is relatively painless.

Assault Rifle Mastery: You’ll already be doing the Phaeston, Geth Pulse Rifle, Collector Rifle, Harrier, Typhoon, and possibly the Striker. You can eventually get the medals if you want to. The Falcon (the DPS is low but it's good on tech classes), Lancer, Particle Rifle, and Saber are all fine.

Sniper Rifle Mastery: A lot of these guns are crappy. You’ll be doing the Raptor, Javelin, Collector Sniper Rifle, and Kishock (the Krysae just has such low DPS that it’s awkward even on bronze). The Valiant, Widow, and Black Widow are good, and if you can’t get the medals you can go with the Indra or (really) the Incisor on a specially-specced Turian Soldier.

SMG Mastery: Hopefully you have the ultra rares because otherwise this is going to be a nightmare if you need to grind out the Locust or (gulp) Shuriken. You’ll be doing the Hornet and Collector SMG already (Geth SMG is possibly more painful than doing the extractions) and the Hurricane is one of the best guns in the game. There isn’t really any choice left in that you’ll need to use the Blood Pack Punisher and if you don’t feel like grinding the medals, the Tempest.

Pistol Mastery: You will be doing the Arc Pistol, Talon, Scorpion, and Acolyte already. The Paladin and Executioner are both good. For the last two, you can grind out the Suppressor (if you care about Reckoning Mastery) and hopefully get the medals. If not, welp time to use the Eagle or the Carnifex (no, it is not as good as you remember it being from the demo!)

Combat Mastery: You will get this eventually, but the different challenges will get completed in fits and starts. The melee challenge one will happen when you’re doing Blood Pack Mastery (all those Krogans and Batarians and Vorcha) and grenades from either Blood Pack (inferno), Machine (arc), or Outsider (cluster). Grabs may require a little farming, but that’s really only if you never get the hang of looking for grabs. Once you get used to grabbing as part of your toolbox, they’ll come a lot faster.

Cerberus/Reaper/Geth/Collector Master: You’ll eventually get all of the faction mastery challenges. Geth goes about the most smoothly, as they have no bottlenecks, give a lot of points, and are a popular choice among pubbies. Collectors are next. They also don’t have any bottlenecks, but are unpopular and give strangely few points. Cerberus have a bottleneck on Nemeses and Guardians, as these don’t show up often at higher difficulties. Silver is the best place to find Guardians, while Nemeses are fine on both silver and gold. Reapers have the most annoying bottleneck in that husks barely give any points. It’s possible to complete every other reaper challenge before completing even the first husk challenge. The best bet for farming husks (if you just want to finish off the challenge now rather than whenever) is to kill nothing but husks on the first 3 waves on gold. Giant is a good map for this and using melee or sniper builds to kill the husks quickly. You can get something like 50k in husk points like this per game, so you probably only need 3-4 games or so.

In the grand scheme of things, really only N7 Mastery is noticeably annoyingly grindy (a gun challenge takes like 1.5 hours vs. like 8 hours for a wave challenge) and at best you'll discover that some of the classes or guns that you hadn't tried before are actually really fun. Even crappy guns will complete in a few games, and less if you synergize as much as possible.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I don't know if I could handle that. Life is too short to use dudes and guns I hate. Congratulations, though, you fuckin' lunatic.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Your shame has been immortalized in the second post alongside your fellow poopsockers :patriot:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
On this subject, does anyone have map/faction/class recommendations for doing Lone Wolf? I'm wondering if I should be considering any classes besides Geth Soldier with Shield Power Cells III and a Power Booster on an Acolyte, Ghost with Harrier VI and Cyclonic IV, or AIU with Reeger and Cyclonic IV. I'm reasonably sure I don't want Cerberus or Collectors for the faction. Glacier might be good for a map, but two of those classes are going to be grenade hungry.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sarkozymandias posted:

I don't know if I could handle that. Life is too short to use dudes and guns I hate. Congratulations, though, you fuckin' lunatic.

It's not really that bad aside from a couple guns. Do all your Turian Soldier waves using bad guns because he gets huge passive bonuses and prox mine to ease the pain. Also rail amp IIIs. N7 Destroyer makes Krysae usable (4 shots in the mag is ridiculous how much it changes that gun from useless to usable)

Completely unrelated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdSrhvy0YjE

Bioware. :allears:

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Paracelsus posted:

On this subject, does anyone have map/faction/class recommendations for doing Lone Wolf? I'm wondering if I should be considering any classes besides Geth Soldier with Shield Power Cells III and a Power Booster on an Acolyte, Ghost with Harrier VI and Cyclonic IV, or AIU with Reeger and Cyclonic IV. I'm reasonably sure I don't want Cerberus or Collectors for the faction. Glacier might be good for a map, but two of those classes are going to be grenade hungry.

Bronze honestly doesn't matter. I've accidentally soloed bronze ("Oh I just need a few waves to finish off this power oh wow it's already wave 8 and I haven't gone down once.")

Silver is pretty trivial on the "cheap" classes like Krogan Vanguard, Turian Ghost, Sexbot, etc.

Giant is one of the most common maps because it's really easy to kite enemies around, hide in the different buildings, and get right hand advantage. If you need grenades, do Hazard Giant. Ghost is also pretty common for the same reasons (and regular Ghost has two grenade boxes.) Geth is the most common enemy since they have no sync kills.

I found the Geth Scanner to be practically cheating while soloing, although once you get the hang of spawns you might not need it.

IIRC you can spec a Kroguard to be able to one shot any non-Prime Geth on gold with heavy melee. Use Charge to to refill your shields rather than as an actual attack. Not sure which shotgun I like the most though here out of Claymore, GPS, and Reegar.

Sexbot is the easiest one that I tried on gold by far. I took a Sexbot specced as 6/0/6/0/0 to gold and soloed it with only using a few missiles for an objective wave. I used the Claymore with Warp Ammo IV/Shotgun Amp III/Cyclonic IV/Geth Scanner. You honestly don't need more than 2 grenades and besides, you are so fast that you can constantly run around grabbing more from the 2 grenade boxes.

Turian Ghost is also pretty easy. I used the extended barrel and magazine mod and then used Warp Ammo IV as my armor weakening.

I never tried Geth Trooper, but it's a common "easy mode" class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SokXJGxCWRU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Use a Juggernaut on Glacier/Geth. Block the hallway with your hex shield. Vampire things to death. It's tedious but you can't really die outside of objective waves.
I'm not sure how long a gold solo usually takes for someone with actual skills but this only took me about 40 minutes.

For Silver, use the Krogan Warlord. Much more fun, faster, and you have the same level of invincibility against Geth.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
One gold solo down, one to go. drat are those stressful. I might give the Juggernaut strategy a try for next time, since it took me 50 minutes of frantically running around while stimpacking like Lindsey Lohan training for a powerlifting competition.

Edit: Also the Talon is a lot better than he used to be, but can't hit Phantoms with his bow at all.

Paracelsus fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 19, 2013

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
So I just pulled the AIU out of a lucky PSP. Could folks here recommend a build for me? (Keep in mind I don't have a Reegar or a Pirahna and the only uncommon or better shotgun I have above II is the Scimitar :()

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Just solo'ed a Silver match with my Kroguard. Felt good. Anyone up? I'm Sozzymandias on 360 and this is my favorite poo poo on the citadel.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zoran posted:

Vorcha
  • Bloodlust 6: Health Regeneration | Power Damage | Health Regeneration
  • Flamer 6: Reach | Damage | Shield Damage
  • Cluster Grenade 6: Radius | Damage Combo | Shrapnel
  • Vorcha Resilience 5: Damage & Capacity | Power Damage
  • Fitness 3

Why go for Reach over Damage on the flamer, especially if you plan on using it in short bursts?

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

I did White/Geth/Edibot + Reegar + Incendiary + Adrenaline Amp + Shocktrooper gear for the extra two grenades (geth scanner gear is a good chouce too)

White since you can stick to the inside, hide behind corners and abuse the right had advantage. If there are too many enemies around you, head outside and run to the other end and hit them from the back. Loads of grenades too, since most of the boxes give 2.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HaitianDivorce posted:

So I just pulled the AIU out of a lucky PSP. Could folks here recommend a build for me? (Keep in mind I don't have a Reegar or a Pirahna and the only uncommon or better shotgun I have above II is the Scimitar :()

post your manifest and you will get a much better answer

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

Edit: Also the Talon is a lot better than he used to be, but can't hit Phantoms with his bow at all.
Yeah, I don't know. After the changes I definitely wasn't hurting Phantoms with concussive arrows when they had their BS shield up, but it seemed like regular arrows without an upgrade applied were hitting. BSN was full of posts about how awesome launching Phantoms with concussive arrow as, so... Maybe it's a matter of someone else activating the shield with a power first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrian Owlsley
Aug 6, 2010

This galaxy only has room for one karaoke champ.

The Slithery D posted:

Yeah, I don't know. After the changes I definitely wasn't hurting Phantoms with concussive arrows when they had their BS shield up, but it seemed like regular arrows without an upgrade applied were hitting. BSN was full of posts about how awesome launching Phantoms with concussive arrow as, so... Maybe it's a matter of someone else activating the shield with a power first.

Like all powers, if the phantom is flipping, staggered or melee attacking when you fire it, they won't be able to put their shield up to block it.

• Locked thread