Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

The Rokstar posted:

IMO you should always fuse hero rares if you have enough of them for an epic, because they never trade for much (aside from special cases like hero preempt rogues) and the epic will help you WAY more than anything else would in your band.

Hmm, well I was able to get Tuya and rare hippos for Merifalk...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Munkaboo posted:

Hmm, well I was able to get Tuya and rare hippos for Merifalk...
Okay, let me revise my statement a little bit: They never trade for much after the first reset when an event ends. :v:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I got three of today's hero epic at level 40 and I feel like I've finally hit my stride in a 4* dungeon in this event. Too bad I had to work 16 hours today and miss out out on all that sweet energy and BP.

Most of the gear seems really doofy in this event but I did manage to score one of those flintlocks. I would love about 10 more of them. This enemy drop gear thing kind of stinks since it is so rare and lord only knows when and if we will get another crack at them.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Putting up a 9/32 Farideh (U) 3/5 SEC for 9 glu, 30 bitters and 20 nux.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I thought Rustillion was out of stuff to give because i asked a couple times but never heard back.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Alright, I sent yours Alpha Kenny Juan; who else has offers up/will put them up? Zyla (sent), Robohobo, Rubicon, and Starrett, have you put offers up yet?

Rustallion fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 26, 2013

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
A little while ago I started wondering whether having built 2 Boldewins was actually a good idea.. they've really proved their worth this event. Even in 4-15 they will 1-shot an entire line of the Xana Gurus and I'm not sure there's any other pair of fighters that would reliably do that in my setup - maybe Enzunas but they're even more expensive. I just charge them every time I get an encounter and save them for the lines they'll kill in one go, has saved be a lot of tape/glu so far.

Jibo posted:

I got three of today's hero epic at level 40 and I feel like I've finally hit my stride in a 4* dungeon in this event. Too bad I had to work 16 hours today and miss out out on all that sweet energy and BP.

Most of the gear seems really doofy in this event but I did manage to score one of those flintlocks. I would love about 10 more of them. This enemy drop gear thing kind of stinks since it is so rare and lord only knows when and if we will get another crack at them.

I think that's the point of the enemy dropped gear unfortunately. I was lucky enough to get an Epic Blunderbuss to drop, that item is overpowered as gently caress but balanced by the fact that I'll never get it above 10% proc rate.

Edit: Just finished Xana 4-15 using 30-40 Glu and 100+ tape. To give newer players an idea of how to deal with 4* here's the band I ended up with:

Unless you have incredibly good fighters already (we're talking Enzuna or Legendaries) eventually you have to rely on the dungeon Hero. I look for dungeons that have a GOOD hero and try to get ~4 of them to level 40. The triangle pattern lets you maximise the number of heroes you get in each swipe (normal order: swipe through 3 diagonally, then 2 vertically, then 2 horizontally), and I put all my position % bonuses (the V.O.X you get every 10 levels) where the heroes are.

Things you need:
1. Some decent 5/5 epics with Edge. You need these firstly to finish 3* without too much effort because that first epic Hero is really important. Top tier tanks are useful to fill in the gaps in your triangle formation all the way to 4-15 because you need something to draw attacks away from your heroes. High damage preempters and gurus can be useful for dealing with specific enemy fighter types (my Boldewins in the top/left corner only get swiped against specific lines). Other utility champs are usually not useful, even the heal warlock in my band is basically useless for healing in 4-15 and is just there because she has decent stats with Edge and won't always die in 1 hit.
2. A good amount of Nux bits saved up. You need to farm gold agaricans if you want to get 4 epic heroes, and in high 4* you need to fight agaricans/acromeda with the 400% boost just to charge up your fighter's skills (this is actually very important).
3. A LOT of tape. Tape is cheap, you'll get a lot by playing, and the more of it you can use the less Glu you'll have to spend. In 4-15 Your fighters are liable to die if they are anything but 100% HP going in to a fight!
4. Items with a high proc rate. The best cheap option is to build maxed Plains Flutes - they cost 6000 Texi total and the preempt is useful (Twin Sawtooth is very very good but costs 3 times as much). The reason you want items with a high proc rate is that if your hero has their skill ready and procs the item as well they will attack twice in one turn, this is vital later on in the dungeons.

Things that make this strategy more favourable:
1. Being high level. That 10% boost you get from levelling helps.
2. Hero fighters with high HP AND damage, or high damage and a really good skill (preempt specifically - I did the same thing when Aniasse came out).
3. Good rewards! I ended up with 3 of the Xana preempter epic which means I'll make a profit overall from trading. Some dungeons (like this one) also have only epic/rare gear dropping from Acromedea in 4-13 and higher, which is really good for efficiently farming gear.

You pretty much can't use this strategy if the hero fighter sucks - this event's Hemi dungeon is a good example, the centaur guy will just explode and you'll use way too much Glu. You have to be patient and pick the right dungeons - I was 6 dungeon events in to the game before I finished 4-15 for the first time, and this is only the third time I've done it.

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 26, 2013

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Rustallion posted:

Be sure to let me know what you're offering for the next batch of trades. If you haven't mentioned what you've posted, or if your offer is expiring by this time tomorrow, be sure to do so.

Other offer was going to expire so I put up a 0/5 Umberfoot for the Goldenfleece.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Rustallion posted:

Alright, I sent yours Alpha Kenny Juan; who else has offers up/will put them up? Zyla (sent), Robohobo, Rubicon, and Starrett, have you put offers up yet?

Yep I have up a 0/5 farideh for 10 nux 10 bitters 5 glu. Thank you!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rustallion posted:

Thanks! Got it!

drat, i've been waiting for a rundown like this. Coincidently, I did exactly this and ended up with 1 centaur, 3 boars, 5 cannon pirates and one preempt pirate. Unfortunately I ran out of tape so unless I use glu for 4-14 and 15(No.) i'm at a standstill. I'll farm xana 3-1 and hope for lucky builds and relic drops.

e: This also means that I'll actually ask for something during the next giveaway. Having one 5/5 epic is hindering me more than I realized.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 26, 2013

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm one rare away from having four preempt pirates so I reeeeeally hope I make top 500 today.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Rustallion posted:

Yup, had to re-up it cause it expired. So, it may have disappeared for a couple hours, but it should be there. Thanks again

Rubicon posted:

Can I get 21 bitters and 20 Nux?

put up a 4/28 SEF: 2/5 Larthi for them. Thanks

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 26, 2013

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I re-upped mine as well Rustallion thanks so much!

Starrett fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 26, 2013

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004
How much does the difficulty ramp up from 4-7 to 4-15?

I am making progress but if it goes nuts then I'll just farm 4-4

edit: Xana dungeon specifically

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SCOTLAND posted:

A fuckload. Perhaps 2 fuckloads.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I managed two rare preempt pirates and that's about what I'm going to be stuck with until trading opens. I still don't know how anybody farms tier four dungeons effectively.

I've built 5/5 rank reward epics before, though, so hopefully this time won't be too difficult. Especially considering all the tier 3 leaderboard units I've been saving up for an opportunity like this. Hopefully I'll remember to be awake at rollover to abuse the early trading.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

I actually run mine at three in a middle line and one in a corner with a line of tanks on the opposite side when I have four heroes. That way you can still hit three two and two but you have the option to run out your tanks when you run into a line of procced fighters.

I just beat 4-10 and I'm up to 5 heroes. I'm gonna put them in an X and see how I do for the last five parts of the dungeon. I would have never thought however months ago that the main thing that would halt my progress in the game would eventually be how much time I have to play it but it's kind of cool.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SCOTLAND posted:

edit: Xana dungeon specifically

Imagine 3 epic preempt pirates all spec'd as you enter battle.

Imagine 3 epic book wizards ready to Myre you into oblivion.

Now think about those situations happening over and over. That is the latter half of the 4-7 though 4-15 dungeons.

--

On another note I need 2 more rare preempt pirates to make a second epic and I need 3 rare cannon pirates for a 6th epic cannon pirate. I ran out of tape at the worst possible time. :negative:

e: Oh! A question too: What time do the event specific units become tradable? I'll need to stay up for the initial trade rush in order to have a chance of getting the above-mentioned epics.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 26, 2013

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

got the trade. holy poo poo is this guy ridiculous. Thanks so much!

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

e: Oh! A question too: What time do the event specific units become tradable? I'll need to stay up for the initial trade rush in order to have a chance of getting the above-mentioned epics.

Trade frenzy starts right after the event ends so 10pm PST/1am EST.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Ok, team, last push. Things I have worth something:

2 5/5 Brandensite (robohobo, do you still want these?)
5/5 Belili
0/5 Gaga
5 Nux + 13 G.L.U.
30 Bitters

Decide who wants what and tell me what you're posting for it before the deadline and this will be the last batch I send out.

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004

Rustallion posted:

5/5 Belili
0/5 Gaga
5 Nux + 13 G.L.U.
30 Bitters

Decide who wants what and tell me what you're posting for it before the deadline and this will be the last batch I send out.

I'll take that elephant, let me toss something up in a sec.

e: Put up an uncommon 0/5 halflight

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rustallion posted:

5/5 Belili
0/5 Gaga
5 Nux + 13 G.L.U.
30 Bitters

I'll take the leftover items and the Brandensites I guess. That is if robohobo doesn't take them.

Hell even then i'll send it to him if you just want to dump them from your account.

e: Put up a (U) Redrime 7/28 SEF 2/5 for 5 Nux, 10 GLU, 30 Bitters ... guess I can't do 13?

Put up a (U) Leila 1/24 SEF 1/5 for 2 Brandensites. Ignore this if robohobo posts.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 26, 2013

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
You can do 13 if you do 10 and 3, which is why I separated them. It seems like there are five things to give out with my last five trades, so hopefully someone claims each of the items on that five point list I posted. If not, just set up the trades yourself and I'll send them to you

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Thanks for the stuff Rust! I'll take that gaga if nobody wants it!

Put up a 9 1/5 gatha for the gaga.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
If anyone who hasn't gotten anything wants to claim anything on that short list, I will give you priority over people who have already gotten stuff

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

Rustallion posted:

If anyone who hasn't gotten anything wants to claim anything on that short list, I will give you priority over people who have already gotten stuff

Is the belili still up for grabs?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rustallion posted:

That sounds good. I just didn't want those things to go to waste. If anyone else wants them, go for it. The bitters alone would help with another event like this one.

I took a chance and got my 6th cannon epic so i'll build that up to 5/5 SEF. :neckbeard: I'm also 5 preempt (U)s away from a third preempt epic.

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

Ayo, I kinda like your natural scent.
*NO HOMO*
I'll post another offer for the items, as I didn't get anything from the last one.

Put up a 1/5, 1/24 Mizela for the Nux, Bitters and 10 Glu

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
I'll def send you the items, C, since you asked a long while back, and I will send the Belili to ILT. I'll send the Brandensite to Alpha Kenny Juan and the Gaga to Starrett unless someone says something soon.

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004
70 glu and 200+ tapes later, I have finished my first 4-15 :smithicide:

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Dena just posted that the siege event is going to be delayed a few days. Wonder what happened . :suspense:

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Starrett posted:

Dena just posted that the siege event is going to be delayed a few days. Wonder what happened . :suspense:

Oh great, we'll probably get some horrible 4-day event now.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

SCOTLAND posted:

I hear ya, I've never tried to go past 4-6 but had a decent stock of glu/tape so I decided to push it for this event. I did manage to clear it but holy poo poo was it painful.

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Sent out the Brandensite and the Gaga. I Love Topanga, do you want this Belili or should I give it to SCOTLAND? Also, I don't see your Mizela post Cracktastic.

Edit: sent the Belili to SCOTLAND and the items to Alpha Kenny Juan. So long guys!

Rustallion fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 27, 2013

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

SCOTLAND posted:

I'm down about 40 glue and 200 tape for the event but I also got my first 4-15. I got some really luck Agrican drops and builds this time so that helped.

I also got two pistols. In the end I got 6 epic hero pirates, 3 epic rank pirates, 1 of each of the other rank epics, two epic centaurs, and two epic boars. Plus miscellaneous un-fused rares. Not a bad event really.

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004

Rustallion posted:

Sent out the Brandensite and the Gaga. I Love Topanga, do you want this Belili or should I give it to SCOTLAND? Also, I don't see your Mizela post Cracktastic.

Edit: sent the Belili to SCOTLAND and the items to Alpha Kenny Juan. So long guys!

Appreciate it, he'll be passed on again when I get tired too :toot:

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

The milestone fighter is a Warlock :laugh:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rustallion posted:

Thanks a lot again! Think the next few events i'll be in cruise control and just gather items. But after that i'll hit the event hard.... once people here say "Get This Unit. :stare:" at least. That is the only reason I pulled the trigger the last event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Thank you for everything Rustallion!

• Locked thread