Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I think that even if Death Grips never stops and never breaks up and just keeps making music for decades till they're shriveled monkeys like lots of classic rock groups today, even then, every single album or project they ever do will have been foreshadowed in a frame of I've Seen Footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
what if this is death grips 2.0

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
They just made a new shirt which I must own

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
YUH!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Can't wait to see Anthony Fantano wearing that in his next review.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Video for The Powers That B:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2Oj57OJYA

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well now we know for sure who the culprits were!

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Can't wait to see Anthony Fantano wearing that in his next review.

Lol

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

man, the seattle show was insane tonight...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Factory posted:

man, the seattle show was insane tonight...

hope they come to my city in two days instead of imploding

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Everything about the Seattle show ruled. Probably the best show I've been to in years. A lot of maladjusted nerds on drugs letting way loose in the crowd, which was refreshing-most shows people just stand there and care about stuff.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Even the most chin-strokiest venue had people raving here in LA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39EeJHdYkw

I can smell this video.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well this gets me a lot more excited to see them in a few weeks because they might actually show up to the gig and kill it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Just made it back alive from the Portland show. Fuckmylife that was some of the most intense poo poo I've seen. YUH!

edit; They even opened with Takyon :D

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 22, 2015

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Going to Denver tomorrow, and just as this comes up I find out that they're going to Riot Fest too in August, which I also have tickets too. Oh well!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sounds a lot more tame than it was.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQa1O5JELaA

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Saw them last night in Chicago. Amazing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

Saw them last night in Chicago. Amazing.

Some unsuspecting Japanese kids were mid-crowd at the start of the show and got loving crushed as the crowd pressed forward all of a sudden. They spend the next 4 songs looking for wallets and keys using a cell phone flashlight while getting violently handed around.

I wish we had an MC Ride "YUH!" smiley so I could properly convey how YUH! it was.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

second-hand smegma posted:

Some unsuspecting Japanese kids were mid-crowd at the start of the show and got loving crushed as the crowd pressed forward all of a sudden. They spend the next 4 songs looking for wallets and keys using a cell phone flashlight while getting violently handed around.

I wish we had an MC Ride "YUH!" smiley so I could properly convey how YUH! it was.

That blows, what did the expect?

My wallet fell out of my pocket but I was able to snatch it quick.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

That blows, what did the expect?

Dunno. PDX show was nearly off the rails. Some of the more sensitive people left with a cadaverous look in their eyes.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

second-hand smegma posted:

Dunno. PDX show was nearly off the rails. Some of the more sensitive people left with a cadaverous look in their eyes.

Did you read the WW review of the show? He was basically like "it was really good, but... What's the point of being at 11 the whole time? Isn't it better when you build up to it?" lol OK dad

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

echronorian posted:

Did you read the WW review of the show? He was basically like "it was really good, but... What's the point of being at 11 the whole time? Isn't it better when you build up to it?" lol OK dad

Who is this fucker? I bet he's less than 25 years old.

e: :lol: i'm older and go hard as gently caress for death grips.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

echronorian posted:

Goddamn WW is awful.

I like how they closed with I Want It I Need It and then said "thank you" into loop device that went on infinite repeat.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

incoherent posted:

Who is this fucker? I bet he's less than 25 years old.

e: :lol: i'm older and go hard as gently caress for death grips.

This show showed me my age (31). I could hang for the first 40 minutes or so, then I had to hang back for about 20-30 before jumping back in.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I just read the review you guys are talking about and that guy is a gigantic pussy.

slowfreq
Dec 14, 2014

shoutouts to living in bumfuck kentucky and being nowhere near any DG show

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I got stuck at work and couldn't make the Chicago show :(

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

This show showed me my age (31). I could hang for the first 40 minutes or so, then I had to hang back for about 20-30 before jumping back in.

I'm sure we've talked about this on twitter, but the moment I realized I was officially old was at the Bonnaroo 2013 show when I had to leave the crowd after about 5 songs, it was too intense.

then I watched them play 'Hacker' while sitting under a tree and it was both incredible and disappointing (the latter because I should've been in the goddamn crowd yelling every hilarious line in that song)

slowfreq posted:

shoutouts to living in bumfuck kentucky and being nowhere near any DG show

that's why I had to go to Bonnaroo

also they were in Louisville before they did Bonnaroo so technically you could've driven hours in-state to see them a couple years back (I'm gonna go ahead and assume 'bumfuck' means 'eastern Kentucky' in this instance). but then you wouldn't get any of the good poo poo they've done since then.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

nasboat posted:

I'm sure we've talked about this on twitter, but the moment I realized I was officially old was at the Bonnaroo 2013 show when I had to leave the crowd after about 5 songs, it was too intense.

then I watched them play 'Hacker' while sitting under a tree and it was both incredible and disappointing (the latter because I should've been in the goddamn crowd yelling every hilarious line in that song)

The gently caress man, we were at the same show at Bonnaroo. We need to converse more.

I lasted the entire concert at Roo, but I was only about half-way up the tent.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Boston was insane, totally worth waiting 2 and a half hours outside in line for (DG was held up at the Canadian border). Anybody else attend?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Anthony Fantano was there.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Inspector_666 posted:

Anthony Fantano was there.
He posted a video of him talking about the show and it got me reeeeeeeeally excited for next week. I can't wait to get tossed around in the crowd while Death Grips plays poo poo from their entire discography.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Anonymous John posted:

Boston was insane, totally worth waiting 2 and a half hours outside in line for (DG was held up at the Canadian border). Anybody else attend?

Yeah I'm planning on getting to the venue early when they come to Austin next week.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah I'm planning on getting to the venue early when they come to Austin next week.

if it's anything like Chicago you can get in last and when the pit opens up get real close to the show. The first 5 rows were so crammed in there they couldn't move.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Regnevelc posted:

if it's anything like Chicago you can get in last and when the pit opens up get real close to the show. The first 5 rows were so crammed in there they couldn't move.

Yeah that sounds about right but I do want to get in early to buy a shirt and some drinks before its chaos.

Death By Karma
Jan 12, 2007

Update from their facebook page:

NEW TOUR DATES ADDED including Afropunk Festival in Atlanta
Aug 25 2015 - The Glass House - Pomona, CA
Oct 01 2015 - Minglewood Hall - Memphis, TN
Oct 02 2015 - Marathon Music Works - Nashville, TN
Oct 03 2015 - Afropunk Festival - Atlanta, GA*
Oct 04 2015 - Music Farm - Charleston, SC
Oct 06 2015 - Freebird Live - Jacksonville Beach, FL
Oct 07 2015 - The Beacham Theatre - Orlando, FL
Oct 08 2015 - The State Theatre - St. Petersburg, FL
Oct 09 2015 - Culture Room - Fort Lauderdale, FL
-All tickets on sale Friday July 10th
*Tickets on sale July 8th http://afropunkfest.com/atlanta/

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I've never seen death grips live but if they ever play London again there's no way I'm gonna spend a 2 hour show getting dry hosed by some bellend. I'll watch from the back ta.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

sharktamer posted:

I've never seen death grips live but if they ever play London again there's no way I'm gonna spend a 2 hour show getting dry hosed by some bellend. I'll watch from the back ta.

Agreed 100%. See you there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

That glass house show is super premium Kk- KLKK! IF you see one death grips show in an entirely too small venue to safely contain everyone, pick that.

• Locked thread