Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Hidden Base Near Neo Jerusalem, MHC
Remember to click post titles for theme music!

It’s been 6 hours since the last of you arrived and unpacked. The only thing you’ve found common ground on since then is that none of you want to be here, but all of you are here nonetheless. It’s an awkward group that assembles for dinner and a movie, of sorts; your official briefing arrived on the server and was forwarded to the main screen in the operations room five minutes ago, interrupting your separate and varied attempts at obtaining or making something to eat.

The screen flickers and the briefing begins.

A voice speaks. It’s not one that any of you recognize, but it speaks with the gravity of someone who has seen much and fears what he sees.

“Pilots, I’m not going to pull my punches. You’ve been given a rough job, and not the one many of you would have wanted, but one that has to be done."

The silhouette on screen gestures, and the screen changes to a picture of gibberish letters, which resolve into a series of translations for all present.

“The enemy has stated their intent for our surrender. What we have translated since then points to a systemic campaign of demoralization and destruction if we refuse- and refuse we will, make no mistake. Their first target-“

Another picture shift.

“Neo Jerusalem. Home of not one but 3 world religions. Can you imagine the chaos that will spread if it is destroyed, or even damaged? People will start to believe it actually is the apocalypse.”
The man’s silhouette returns. It gestures, expansively.
“We are in the business of preventing the apocalypse, ladies and gentlemen. Your task is to make sure the enemy never enters Neo Jerusalem, never as much sees the city on their horizon. Destroy them, pilots. Demonstrate why they should have never have come to Earth.”

The briefing switches off. You look at each other. Maybe it’s time to make proper introductions now.

Introduce yourselves to each other! Put your sheets in your first posts, and also name ONE COOL THING ABOUT THE BASE each. These can be anything from slick tech to help in battle to a nice, relaxing hot tub.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Levi Atkinson

"Well, land sakes." Levi watches the briefing screen flip off and switch back to a nice relaxing feed of an aquarium complete with smooth jazz. "Guess we gotta make ourselves extra comfy down here, huh?"

He lays down a tray of club sandwiches on the table, one for each of the fine folks in this room. Didn't take that long to scrounge that up with how well-stocked the pantry was. "Help yourselves, folks." Levi grabs one of his own sandwiches and just chows down straight away.

"Man, did y'all saw the fancy bar they got down here? Velvet floors and old style vintage class. Plus I'm pretty sure they drat near have every sort of drink an' spirit you can name in all seven blocs." Good for morale, probably. If this is the apocalypse, they better enjoy the smaller things while they can.

"My name's Levi, by the way. Levi Atkinson of Texas Tech. Pleasure to meet y'all."

quote:

Levi Atkinson

High Concept: Slow And Steady Cowboy
Trouble: Makin' The Ol' Doc Proud
Aspects: More Metaphors Than A Cactus Has Spines; Ah Got Just The Thing To Fix That

Approaches
Careful +4
Clever +2
Flashy +2
Forceful +1
Quick +1
Sneaky +0

Stunts
Easier Than Shooting Prairie Rats Back Home: Levi can add +2 to Carefully Create Advantages if he's aiming from ridiculous distances.
Robotics Engineering Sure Paid Off!: After a bit of tinkering time in the hangar, Levi can give a suit he's riding Armor: 1 against physical attacks (And only if he rides it!).

RX-83K "Gunslinger"

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEwdLH1MBU0
Aspect: Texan Science, It Works (Sometimes); Zoom In... Enhance! Enhance!; Ten Thousand Meters Is The Killing Zone
Power Source: "Borrowed" AUG Fusion Core Prototype

Powers
Virtue of the Wind God: Gunslinger can attack an entire zone after Levi sets up the targeting parameters for the artillery salvo (ie. Carefully Create Advantages).
Long Shot: Twice per battle, Gunslinger can perform a Weapon: 1 Careful Attack regardless of zone range.

Signature Attack - Southern Style Barrage

Mitama fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 22, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Teresa Mai Kurita-Steiner

Teresa, who is leaned back in a very comfortable chair with her legs crossed, flicks a glance over at Levi, and at the sandwich the Texan has provided. Her fingers play across a glowing AR interface floating in front of her too rapidly to follow - though anyone leaning over her should would recognize that it belongs not to an operations system but a high end online clothing store. She leans over, and picks at the club sandwich disinterestedly. "Yes, I saw the bar - and I see what you chose out of that impressive selection." She leaves the sandwich be.

"Actually, I must admit all of the appointments at this installation are quite satisfactory. Whoever built it had taste. I had been expecting yet more drab, functional, boring military equipment, not this. Not that they skimped on functionality either." She looks around the well appointed briefing room, which could easily double as a formal dining room for a chateau. A real oak table that even one of their mecha might have trouble shifting, extremely comfortable self-adjusting smart furniture - all quite expensive but a cost dwarfed by state-of-the-art, bleeding edge computer and simulation systems built into everything, though tastefully hidden . Teresa suspected you could run a space program from here, or even a stock exchange, in the sort of refined comfort that would make a luxury resort green with envy. The expert systems weren't up to the Daemon's level, of course, but were as good as purely human technology could currently achieve.

"And the view certainly is impressive," she adds as the windows, which had darkened automatically when the briefing screen came on, returned to transparency and the artificial lighting dimmed in a nearly seamless transition. From this height, they could see quite a distance - she could just make out the taller buildings in Neo Jerusalem, in fact. "I wonder if there's a spa?" she muses idly, carefully picking up part of the sandwich, making sure not to get anything on her clothes.

"If we're doing the introductions, then... I am Teresa Mai Kurita-Steiner. I suppose we'll be working together from now on."

Character Sheet posted:

Teresa Mai Kurita-Steiner
CV: Ryōka Yuzuki

High Concept: Stylish Strategist
Trouble: Magnificent Bitch
Aspect: As You Wish, Princess; Get it By Your Hands

Approaches
Clever +3
Flashy +3
Forceful +2
Careful +1
Sneaky +1
Quick +0

Stunts
It Worked, Didn't It, What Are You So Mad About?: Once per scene, give an ally a free invoke of an aspect created by an opponent or consequence that has been placed on them during that scene.
Just As Planned: Spend a FATE point to declare that an NPC action or a PC compel was something you had planned for and immediately place a scene aspect with one free invoke.

ON1-F66 Manticore
Theme: Teresa - Manticore/Normal Shift - Manticore/Berserker Shift

Aspect: Chains of Command; Deal With the Devil; Displacer Beast
Power Source: Type 99 Maxwell Entropy Inversion Core

Powers
C3 Expert System: The Manticore carries an advanced command and control network computer. When you Cleverly create an aspect on the scene, zone, or specific target that has an existing aspect created by an ally, you gain +2 to the roll and may add a free invoke to an existing aspect if you succeed.
SCAR: Systematic Counter Aggression Response. The Manticore's sensors and expert systems rapidly identify weak points and openings when the enemy attacks and relays this information to allied units. Once per scene, when you roll defense, an ally in the same zone may make an immediate counter attack that deals +1 shift of damage on a hit or tie.
Signature Attack: Inverse Limiter Shift - Berserk: When plans go awry, Teresa releases all of the limiters on the Daemon, unleashing the monster that hides within. You gain +4 to the Forceful Approach on this attack and deal +2 stress on a successful hit. You may also remove an Aspect placed on you by an enemy or reduce the severity of a consequence you have suffered by one step (Mild is removed, Moderate to Mild, Severe to Moderate). This cannot affect Extreme Consequences.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 17, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Alexander - FP: 5

Alexander's return to the Holy City was as bittersweet as anything could be. Coming back to Jerusalem meant a return to the happiest time of his life, and a rush of memories flooded him as he beheld the Holy City in the distance for the first time. And yet, at the same time, those memories stung like steel barbs, reminding him of a more innocent time before he learned of the depravity that had taken hold of his country. A time when he was a better man, and worthy of overseeing the Holy City. He did not belong here now, after all that had happened since he'd left, but he had no choice. The Holy City needed guardians to protect its peace, and he'd do whatever it took to keep it and its inhabitants safe. Especially a certain temporary resident...which had only made it all the more shocking when he arrived at the briefing room and saw...her. Her clothes were different and her eyes were harder and more determined, but she had the same face, the same grace, the same vital air beyond anyone else he'd ever known. It had been a supreme effort of will to take his eyes off her and focus on the transmission while it lasted. Now that it was over, Alexander was burning with questions, but if it was truly her, he could not put her on the spotlight like that. Instead, he took a deep breath to compose himself, and spoke.

"Our patrons have certainly spared no expenses in constructing this base. All of it is new and tremendously advanced. Even Ezekiel appears to be newly made, but he has learned quickly." He was referring, of course, to the self-actualizing situation simulator, deep within the base's bowels. As the only pilot with previous experience with the Holy City, Alexander had been summoned by the learning computer for a long debriefing session to help construct a better simulation of Jerusalem, and thus prepare battle plans and contingencies in case of emergency in advance (as well as an extremely advanced training sim, of course). He had only emerged from it a mere half-hour before the meeting's start. "Just like we will have to, if we are to deal with these invaders successfully." Standing up, Alexander addressed his fellow pilots with a stiff bow, before seating himself once more.

"My name is Alexander Ariel, of clan Abidam. It is an honor to make your acquaintance, fellow Guardians."

quote:

Alexander Ariel Abidam

High Concept: Former Man of Miracles

Invoke: To apply his talents as a soldier and man of faith; To inspire fervor and courage in others; To perform miraculous feats.
Compel: To have his past come back to haunt him; To face a test to his convictions or have them get the better of him.

Trouble: I Don't Believe In You!

Invoke: To refute the efforts of opposition; To strengthen his convictions; To admonish liars and those who stretch the truth.
Compel: To maintain a negative view of someone long after he has proven his worth; To discard the beliefs and plans of others for his own, believing them faulty; To be bitter and disillusioned; To be treated as a deceitful traitor by people who placed their expectations on him

Background Pt. I: Noble Blood of Kings
Invoke: For overwhelming charisma; Privileged treatment and unlikely allies; Standing out from a crowd
Compel: Noblesse Oblige; Put the weight of responsibility on his shoulders; Face challenges to his authority

Background Pt. II: Unbreakable Shattered Faith
Invoke: To remain calm in the face of adversity; To bet it all on bad odds and have it turn out right; To go to great lengths for the things and people who matter in life.
Compel: To be foolhardy, even suicidal out of sheer belief in his mission; To place his trust in the wrong places; To suffer a crisis of faith at a bad time.

---

Approaches
Great (+4): Forceful
Good (+3): None
Fair (+2): Clever, Flashy
Average (+1): Sneaky, Quick

Stunts:

Test of Faith: When rolling your Forceful Approach, you may choose to gain a +2 bonus to the roll. If you do, your action generates a Situation Aspect after it is resolved for the GM's use. This Aspect cannot be used against other players.

Miracle: Once per scene, flip the result of one dieroll you make, or which is made against you.

---

ARC-65 'Arondight'

/

Themes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67zWnRcNaNc (Standard Theme - Use when momentum shifts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mUdYdDNBq0 (Signature Attack Theme)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmzlFNTkyNI (Special Theme - Use when acting on Noble Blood of Kings and with restored faith)

Powers:
Strength of Many: You have a knack for bringing disparate personalities together and making them collaborate towards a greater goal, with spectacular results. Once per Milestone, you and one other pilot can spend your actions for a round and announce a Combination Finish. Roll for the same action and add the results of your rolls together (including approach bonuses). The target defends against the result as if it were a single roll. You may use this Stunt additional times per Milestone by spending a Fate Point, plus one additional Fate Point per preceding use.

Glory Sword: Once per scene, you may make an attack and clear a number of stress boxes equal to the shifts generated by the attack, starting from the lowest ticked box. This Power cannot clear or speed up Consequence recovery.

Aspect I: Faith Is My Pillar

Invoke: To wring that extra bit of power out of the engine, because it cannot end like this, and so it shall not!
Compel: To suffer sudden drops in performance because of mental stress or trauma inflicted upon the user, or even shut down entirely.

Aspect II: Spark of Creation

Invoke: Generate matter for offense or defense, create impressive SFX.
Compel: Have the generated material's instability or lack thereof work against Alexander and his allies.

Aspect III: Mirror of A Broken Sword

Invoke: When piloted by a man fully behind a single purpose, Arondight's power is overwhelming, and none may stand against it.
Compel: Just as Alexander can push himself and his allies too hard, so does he strain the blades crafted to replace the Sword of the Archangel.

Power Source: Demiurge Engine

Signature Attack: Judgement Blade / Judicium Ensis

"In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sanctii, condemnare durus, peccator nefastus! In nomine Iustitia, Ego reprobos! In nomine Deus, pulverem reverteris! JUDICIUM ENSIS!"

It is the duty of any good man to treat those who've lost their way mercifully, and give quarter to the defeated, but sometimes the actions of man can put him beyond redemption. It is against those irredeemable monsters that Alexander unleashes the Arondight's ultimate attack: Judicium Ensis, the Judgement Blade. Driven by his faith, Alexander lashes out against the sinner, slashing him with the various elemental manifestations of the Archangel's Sword, before condemning him for his sins. Flaring up with a bright, white holy flame, Alexander strikes the target down with a cleansing slash.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 8, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Cecil Skye FP 5/5
Story link because the OOC thread is archived

"Our very own battle of Meggido then?" Cecil chuckles dryly, breaking the silence. "Anybody brought a trumpet? Or a couple thousand more soldiers?"

As he speaks, he opens one of the many pockets on his flight suit and pulls out a thin green cardboard container; anyone with military experience would recognize it as a military ration. He's about to open the box when Levi sets down his tray of sandwiches. "Oh, you made that for us? Hey, thanks bud!" He stands up and grabs one.

"2nd Lieutenant Cecil Skye here, but you can just call me 'Valkyrie' in a pinch. I wish I could say it was for an awesome badass reason, but it's because I did a lot of karaoke back at the academy and...well..." Cecil runs a gloved hand over his blond hair to emphasize his point. "...yeah. Anybody see anybody else around here? Last guy I saw before I came in here was the pilot who dropped me off. No officers, no mechanics, no tower crew, no MPs, not even a janitor. I'm used to seeing a lot more support crews running around, especially for a big fancy place like this!" He chuckles, sits down and takes a bite of his sandwich.

"Seriously, though, I hope we aren't going to war with just seven people. That's not even a full squadron. No offense to you all if that's your style, but I'm not given to calling out challenges to a rubber suited monster while standing in the town square in my magical giant robot."

Davin Valkri posted:

Cecil "Valkyrie" Skye

High Concept: AUG Trained Rookie Fighter Pilot
Sample Invoke: Hey, they covered this in flight training!
Sample Compel: Hesitate under pressure of live combat; make AUG-centric assumptions

Trouble: "It's Not My War!"
Sample Invoke: Keep a clear head during emotional investiture
Sample Compel: Be apathetic at a bad moment

Aspect: Laugh So You Don't Scream
Sample Invoke: Relieve pressure in a tense moment
Sample Compel: Offend someone by being too jokey

Aspect: The Perfect Wingman
Sample Invoke: Happy to get that guy off your six!
Sample Compel: Cede command to someone...less capable of it.

Approaches
Clever: +3
Careful: +2
Quick: +2
Flashy: +1
Sneaky: +2
Forceful: +0

Stunts
Dicta Skye: Because Cecil is a conventionally trained fighter pilot, he gets +2 to Clever Maneuvers when he uses his training to shape the battlespace to allied advantage (e.g. identification of tactics, weaknesses, or priority targets).

Neo-Aggressor Program: Because Cecil is well versed in space-combat maneuvering, he can treat Full Defense (+2 to block) as an obstacle (-2) to an action on the same turn, instead of disallowing an action.

SSF-01A "GEIRDRIFUL" Prototype Space-Capable Multirole Fighter

Theme: Ride of the Valkyries (Dramatic), Dogfight (Macross Plus) ("Standard") or Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines (Comedic)

Aspects
It's a FIGHTER PLANE?!
Sample Invoke: Be faster and harder to hit than the average mech
Sample Compel: Be undergunned and underarmored compared to the average mech

Onboard Micro-missile Maker
Sample Invoke: Weapon pod bays to spare!
Sample Compel: Sitting on a munitions dump...

(Laser) Guns, Guns, Guns!
Sample Invoke: Power up the light show
Sample Compel: Fry a capacitor, have shots bounce...literally

Power Source
"Perfectly Safe" Onboard F999 "New Sun" Fusion Engine Generators
Sample Invoke: This is rocket science...known rocket science
Sample Compel: Not be as safe as advertised

Powers
Tactical Laser Defenses: Once per scene, after blocking, reduce an enemy attack's degree of success by one (e.g., from success with style to just success)
Full Afterburner!: Whenever you roll your Quick approach to traverse multiple zones, you may add a number of shifts to your next attack equal to the number of zones moved. This effect stacks with itself.

Signature Attack
Star-Blazer Circus Blossom

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 11, 2013

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Cecil's words elicited a frown from Alexander. "Of course that is not our 'style', Valkyrie. What sort of fool would call his enemy out for a mechanized duel in the middle of a city? The potential for casualties would be immense. A soldier should be more thoughtful and responsible than that." He said, his expression serious and admonishing. If the reference to magical robots or rubbed suited monsters seemed unusual to him, he didn't let it show.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 5, 2013

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Tsugumi - FP: 5

Tsugumi was utterly uninterested in the background for the mission, or the people around her. Not a single one of those were relevant to her own mission, to save Japan. But just running to the Empire of Heaven and saving Japan from the Empire's tyranny was an impossibility. Accepted, known fact. That was why she was here. She'd have to gain power, knowledge, to be used against the Empire. So she'd have to stick with her current "job" for now.

So, while she was uninterested in why she was supposed to fight for this so called holy land off to the west, she paid careful attention to the nature of the holy land itself, it's terrain, it's military capacity, all the information she'd need to defend it. Defense suited her just fine: the very first thing she was trained on extensively was to protect the people. She wasn't going to stop now, just because they weren't her people. Similarly, even though theoretically the destruction of a holy land that much of the world, but not her own home, considers sacred, could be used as a weapon, it simply wasn't worth considering in her eyes; she will not allow the people to suffer for the atrocities of their leaders.

And of course, herself and the people now around her were now part of it's military, at least temporarily. So she'd have to understand these people's ability as well, even if anything beyond that was unimportant. She noticed a pile of sandwiches on the table, and people eating them, but she ignored that; sandwiches were not high on her list of interesting foods. She did, however, notice someone asking if there was a spa, and found herself amused.

Her teachers taught her that a good way to make people like you more, and to make them more helpful, was to give them things. Tsugumi was utterly uninterested in the people here liking her, since they had nothing to do with her real mission. But they still had to be useful for the current distraction, so she arranged for a hot spring to be installed in the base. She was told that the Hot Spring was capable of being saturated with all kinds of minerals and such for therapeutic purposes. Even Radium. She had no idea how they managed to maintain safety of the water when it would sometimes have Radium in it, and sometimes specifically not want it in there... but she tried not to think of that. Sometimes, it's simply better NOT to worry how Japanese Engineers manage to achieve things. It tends to avoid headaches, for one thing. Tsugumi heard a complaint about lack of personnel, and assumed that meant the Engineers had left. She hoped they had at least left some sort of instructions for the Hot Springs, or else they may all end up being flooded by radioactive water.

No. Stop. Stop thinking about Japanese Engineer shenanigans. Focus on the task at hand.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you. I am Tsugumi Sakura."

Tsugumi then heard mention of some Rubber-Suited Monsters. She felt righteous rage for her country. Rubber-Suited Monsters was JAPAN'S Gig.

Supremezero posted:

Princess Tsugumi Sakura

High Concept: The Perfect Emperor
Japan has always strived to be great. To achieve that, they believe they need a great leader. Tsugumi was raised from birth to be the greatest ruler Japan has ever seen.

Invoke: To lead, and to discover a path to victory. Even against the greatest of odds, she can still find a way to win.
Compel: To be lost and confused in failure. When she has absolutely, undeniably failed, her skills fail her.

Trouble: The Chains of Command
As the future ruler of Japan, Tsugumi was trained to put the people before herself, and she will do so... even if it would put herself and her allies in danger.

Invoke: Act to prevent civilian danger.
Compel: Put others in danger to protect civilians.

Aspect: I'll Face Myself
Away from her tutors, now Tsugumi can perhaps find her own self...

Invoke: When trying out new approaches not befitting the Imperial Princess; When taking actions running against her credo and orthodoxy
Compel: Getting in trouble with her teachers when they find out she's being not quite noble.

Aspect: A Not So Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander:
Japan has always accepted war as part of it's culture. To be the greatest, Tsugumi was trained to lead the people to fight. She excels at keeping a clean head and discovering the path to victory.

Invoke: To excel even in the greatest danger. To continue thinking even when emotions would overwhelm.
Compel: To seem cold to others, to create distance with them.

Approaches:
Clever +3
Forceful +2
Quick +2
Careful +1
Flashy +1
Sneaky +0

Stunts:
Born in a World of Strife: Whenever an enemy succeeds with style at creating an advantage, you get one free invoke of their generated Aspects.

Against the Odds We Choose to Fight: Once per scene, Tsugumi and all allies within the same zone as her may freely invoke a Consequence received during the scene.

Type-108R Heaven's Majesty

Aspect: Throne of the Emperor
The Type-108R will, when it's completed, become the command post for the Emperor of Japan. It's still in the prototype phase, but even as is, it's still highly qualified. It carries a high end Comm and Sensory systems not inferior to some battleships.

Invoke: Get more information than normal.
Compel: Not very useful alone.

Aspect: The Omnipresent Machine
Japanese Engineers were stumped on how to have a tactical machine fight. Eventually, they realized that they could use it's tactical systems to support the weapons systems, as well as the other way around. The Type-108R is equipped with numerous remote controlled laser weapons, designed to look to a glance as being Cherry Blossoms, Japan's symbol.

Invoke: Can attack from almost anywhere.
Compel: Not very good at melee.

Aspect: The Emperor Protects
The Type-108R was designed to be able to help anyone anywhere. Since by the letter this was obviously impossible, they instead built a machine that could take it's pilot anywhere they need to be as fast as possible. As such, the Type-108R's speed is far beyond the norm.

Invoke: Not quite THREE TIMES FASTER, but still very fast.
Compel: Not very durable.

Power Source: Prototype Anti-matter Generator
Japanese officials demanded that the Type-108R be capable of functioning forever, at maximum power. Japanese Engineers obviously objected that this was impossible, as if such a thing was safely possible, it would have been done already. Japanese Officials insisted. So the Engineers created an experimental Anti-Matter Generator, that apparently CREATES anti-matter, then burns it for fuel in the reactor. The Japanese Officials quickly started having second thoughts, but the prototype was complete and needed to be tested, so it was rolled out.

Powers:
Daikyu (Longbow): The direct combat weapon of the Type-108R represents Japanese history. It's not often remembered today, but the original primary weapon of the Samurai was the Bow. This particular one shoots laser arrows. Of course, as an occomodation for close combat, as well as certain less history-inclined individuals, the bow is capable of splitting into a pair of swords.

Your Forceful attacks can target enemies up to three zones away.

Hanami (Flower Viewing): The primary weapon of the Type-108R, it's remote weapons. They can be where the Emperor is not. They also happen to look like the traditional flower viewing when in action.

Once per scene, you can roll your Clever approach to attack an enemy within three zones after an ally has successfully attacked him.

Signature Attack: Blossom Dance
Combining it's weapons with careful aim, the Type-108R leaves it's target no openings to escape by having remote weapons firing from every direction, and the Daikyu adding some pin-point firepower.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 7, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

"You haven't seen much support staff because there aren't many. This base is heavily automated, which would be obvious if you brought up an interface." Teresa pushes the one she's been using aside with a flick of the wrist and brings up another, more official looking one. "You only need a handful of human operators to step in when the intelligent systems run into something they can't interpret. And as for the size of our unit, that's obvious, isn't it?"

Selecting something on the interface, Teresa throws it to the middle of the table, where it expands for everyone to see - technical specifications and images of their seven mecha. "The nations of Earth already have massive production capability and vast armies. If that's all that's needed to deal with this enemy, then there'd be no point to the Ideal Guardian project. The only reason we're here at all is that the threat is utterly unlike what anyone has seen before. A threat that required the separate efforts of nearly two dozen massive research and development projects, each taking their own unique path to create the ultimate weapon."

Teresa glares at Alexander while she speaks, clearly thinking he is staring at her, and intent on making it clear she is to be taken seriously. "The militaries of Earth already had quantity. They lacked quality. And quality matters more in this fight."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Cecil Skye FP 5/5

Cecil stares blankly at the man who took his joke seriously.

"I...You've never seen those old movies and shows, Alexander? The ones where the hero is some ferociously determined teenager who fights off monsters from the deep ocean and outer space and cuckoo military experiments with his daddy's giant robot? And knocks over half of his paper-mache hometown while doing so? It was a joke, son, come on!"

Then he turns to Teresa and gives a glare of his own. "I figured that part; I did see a roboRoomBroom sweeping the hallway outside, but I'd rate one overstrength flight as enough to maaaaybe turn a skirmish or battle, no matter how much 'quality' they had. You want to fight a war, you need an army, and a logistics and infrastructure base to support that army. I mean, it's not like we're going to shoot and speed our way to the enemy's home and blow it up ourselves, are we? ...please say no."

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 6, 2013

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"Covert operations have decided wars before, in spite of involving only handfuls of men on the field. Who's to say an elite squadron such as ours cannot do the same from the frontline while the nations of the world attempt to understand the gravity of this threat?" Alexander said, his voice just as serious as before, but rather more driven. He'd seen heroism turn the tide of a battle too many times before to dismiss it wholly, as foolish as it had proven to be in many occasions. Unlike Cecil, he was at ease with the small task force - his old squadron had not been much larger back when he was still working for the HJS, and the reduced squad size meant any bonds forged in the heat of battle would be as strong as steel. He'd have to speak with him, sometime - perhaps the AUG doctrine prioritized numbers so much that it had shaken up his confidence to find himself an irreplaceable asset, but he would come around. The former captain was sure of it.

After addressing Cecil, Alexander's eyes moved to focus on Teresa, lingering on her for a brief time. Nobody ever spoke without a reason behind their words, and he was curious about what reason had made the black-haired girl utter such a pronouncement. "And what sort of quality have we brought to this base, Steiner?" He asked. It was as good a way of getting to know her as any other.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 6, 2013

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tsugumi looks over at Cecil. "Whether wars can be won with only elites or not, it is clearly what is being attempted. Whether or not it will succeed is another matter entirely. But I do not intend to let it fail. Do you?"

She stops to think. While an elite squadron is the obvious possibility of what's happening, it's not the only one. They could simply be a testbed of new technologies. That's what Tsugumi herself is supposed to be in the first place, after all. It could also just be a place to dump the less pliable pilots.

But she won't tell them that. People who think they're being selected for being amazing are always more pliable.

... and what the heck is a roboRoomBoom. This lack of personnel made it sound like there would be less people watching her. This would be a new experience... Does this mean she's going to have to wash her own clothes? They were supposed to be annoyingly complicated to clean safely.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 6, 2013

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

"Kurita-Steiner." Teresa leans back. "I'm the strategist and information officer, to use the terms your types would be familiar with. I have the training and the intelligence to integrate with the Manticore's command and control systems, and you'll find this means I can analyze the enemies actions, develop counters, and exploit their weaknesses much faster than someone relying on mere doctrine. Leave the tactics to me." She gives Cecil a nasty smile. "That goes especially for you. Concentrate on shooting what I tell you to, and you should be just fine."

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Lenore Santiago, FP 5

Lenore had arrived early enough to hear the message, but had been called on her mobile, and she had had to leave for a little while. Afterwards, she returned, having missed most of what everyone had been talking about up to now.

"Sorry for that." she said to the group. "Just some bureaucratic wrangling. I was signed on late, and unlike probably the rest of you, I didn't come here with a mecha." What she failed to add was that she had never piloted a mecha before - after all, neither had DJ Croft, a previous Blessed Warrior, and he'd done well enough.

She reached down and grabbed the last sandwich, saying to them, "Anyways, good to meet you. I am Lenore Santiago."

After a bit of eating and thinking, she said mostly to herself, "You know what I kind of don't understand? There's a chapel visible in this place, but that's not the weird part. It's the thing sticking out the back of the chapel I don't get. It looks kind of like an artillery battery boinked a pipe organ. Is that supposed to be one, the other, or both somehow?" With her piece said, she resumed eating.

quote:

Lenore Santiago

High Concept: Spirits of a Thousand Warriors
Trouble: The Last in Line
Aspects: My Friend the Angel, I Was Born for This Moment

Approaches: Careful +1, Clever +2, Flashy +1, Forceful +2, Quick +4, Sneaky +0

Stunts: Angelic Companion, Seen Just About Everything

CNC-005-Prime 'Channeler'

Theme Song: Judgment in the 60th Year

Aspects: Celestial Transport, Possessed Wreck, Sees Beyond the Moment
Power Source: Angelic Dynamo
Powers: Celestial Blaster, Purging Field
Signature Attack: Heaven's Wrath

Zemyla fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 4, 2013

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Cecil Skye FP 5/5

Did nobody else see something wrong with the current organization? Cecil really wants to scream, but instead he sighs and turns back to Alex.

"Maybe so, but I've never seen a nation at war deploy ONLY 'elites' or 'special forces'. Once upon a time, grit alone might've defeated a numerically superior foe, but the year outside is not 480 BCE. The doctrine of war has come a long way since then, Alex. Now it's all...brigades, divisions, corps, armies. Multiple wings of aircraft and mecha, task forces of a hundred ships. I'll fight these guys to my last breath, same as you and the princess and everyone else here, but I can't win a war on my own. None of us can. Combat by champion is as dead as the people of 480 BCE.

And don't worry, Lenore, I don't have a mecha either, and I've flown aerospace fighters, not mechs. You'll fit in just fine with the rest of us crazy people. Going to war with seven pilots..."

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tsugumi looks at Cecil, amused. "Do you think a horde of men with bronze spears can defeat a tank?"

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 6, 2013

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Levi Atkinson - FP: 5

Levi watches the conversation a bit while he eats his sandwich.

Sandwiches he made entirely out of love, toil, and turkey, Teresa. You can't leave good sandwich-making to robot chefs.

"I take you ain't seen the walkin' alien busters they brought for this here project?" He would tip his hat at Cecil, but it's rude to wear one indoors. "Some of them do fight on grit alone. I do think we don't have enough folks around here," He recalls his own support team in the form of Texas Tech. He wonders if the Doc and everyone back home knows where he and Gunslinger are right now.

"But I also reckon that Command knows what they're doing. They ain't just us gonna make us dodge a mad bull on a rodeo with our legs tied together."

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tsugumi is massively confused, and doesn't understand a word Levi's saying.

Not a chance in hell of her admitting that, though. "Yes. Quite."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Harriman Castle

As the briefing video plays, Harriman grows increasingly uneasy. There was no doubt that he was the oldest person in the room, and his comrades seemed a rather interesting mix of serious, slack, and sanctimonious. He hopes he can keep up with them.

The mission itself was complicated. To defend the Neo Jerusalem without allowing it to be destroyed, damaged, or occupied by any outside force: did that include Terrestrial invaders as well? Or was the IG only concerned with looking to the skies? He sincerely hoped that joining up with the IG wasn't a terrible mistake, although it wouldn't be the first he's made.

As the video ends, the others set to talking amongst themselves. Harriman listens for a while, and then stands and clears his throat.

"Good day, everyone. My name is Harriman Castle. I'll be fighting alongside you in this mad endeavor. Although I don't know how strong out chances are, I'd like you all to know that I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe that this was the Earth's best chance for survival. I realize I'm not quite as spry as some of the rest of you, but that should be of no matter given proper strategy."

Harriman pours himself a cup of coffee from the side counter. Black, one sugar cube. The conversation has shifted around to the IG's overall plan and force disposition.

"Mr. Atkinson is right. Although I haven't seen any specifications or direct evidence of other pilots myself, I can't believe that the IG would be so blind as to rely on a single strike team. If we are to defend against a threat from space, then we by necessity must be able to defend key locations on all sides of our blue sphere. Thank you for the sandwiches, by the way."

quote:

Character Sheet

Name: Harriman Castle

High Concept: Fugitive Genius - Harriman has defected from two nations in the pursuit of his goals. His belief lies in the strength of his knowledge and the voice of his conscience, not the interests of nations.
Tag: Sciency things. Calculation. Standing up for his interests in the face of others. Individualism.
Compel: Fear of being caught by MHC or AUG for past actions. Paranoia and suspicion of other's plans for him. Defending his pride as a scientist.

Trouble: At Any Cost - Harriman has left two nations behind, and the MHC wants him for the theft of the Asto Vidatu. If he fails to make good on his promise to push back the invaders, then everything he's done will have been wasted effort. He will see success, no matter what it takes.
Tag: Digging deep to beat the odds. Pushing to the limit. Grasping victory from defeat.
Compel: Taking unnecessary risks for gain, being tempted by possible results. Making "Acceptable Sacrifices"

Aspect: A Place for Everything, and Everything in its Place - Every member of a science team has their area of expertise. Every member of a military has their rank. There is an order to the world, and we should recognize each other's strengths and weaknesses.
Tag: Empathy for other's difficulties. Coordinating multiple aspects of an operation. Discerning abilities of others.
Compel: Disregard for others when they try to step out of their role. Cog in the Machine-type thinking.

Aspect: When the world burns, there will be no Borders - The Earth cannot stand divided against the impending threat. The IG is the last, best hope for Humanity's survival.
Tag: Throwing away national fealty. Appealing to unity and compromise. Coming to the aid of allies in trouble.
Compel: Disdain for blind nationalism or lone-wolf attitudes.

Approaches
Clever +3
Careful +2
Forceful +2
Flashy +1
Sneaky +1
Quick +0

Stunts:
Repeatable Results: +2 to uses of Clever when to create an advantage on an enemy that has attacked the same target twice.
Hypothesis Proven: Additional Free Tag on Advantages created with Clever.
A Time for Subtlety: Whenever you fail with a Clever approach, you can use Forceful at +2 next round.

Mecha:NS360-Asto Vidatu

Theme Song: TBD Mega Man X2 'Intruder Alert'' [Magna Centipede Stage] by Washudoll

Aspects:
Lodestone
Dynamic Gravitational Control Projectors
Ferrogravitic Core

Power Source:
The Earth's Magnetic Field, combined with the Ferrogravitic Core.

Powers:
Hyper-Gravitic Projection- Once per scene, you may make a Clever attack targeting a designated zone (including allies). Additionally, anyone trying to exit the zone from then on must Overcome the pull of a singularity (difficulty equal to your Clever approach) or remain stuck in place.
Adaptive Polarity Field- Once per scene, you may roll your Clever approach to Give Help to a number of allies attempting Quick actions equal to your roll result (minimum 1) until the start of your next turn.

Signature Move:
Singularity Driver - Spatial Collider!

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 21, 2013

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Sibaal Quraishi
"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a problem." A voice rings out over the intercom- None of you recognize it. "This is Lt. Quraishi, your signals intelligence chief. I'm picking up something anomalous on radar- bringing it up on scope..."

The screen in the main room flashes back on, showing a schematic of a familiar robot, to some of you.

"Based on readings it's a full squad of standard HJS grunts heading this way in an attack formation. Which is weird- they're a little busy to be sending anyone to attack Neo Jerusalem, but they look like they're prepared to engage the MHC garrison. Something's not right."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"That sure as heck ain't right." Levi takes another bite of his sandwich, though focuses on the enemy's approach on screen. "Maybe we oughta hail 'em?"

Mitama fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 6, 2013

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Harriman Castle : FP 5

Harriman frowns. He hadn't mentioned it to anyone, but he wasn't relishing the thought of operating in MHC territory. They were likely to spot the Asto Vidatu, and what happened from there was all too easy to predict.

"That would be wise, I think. We need to prevent any conflict between the Earth Nations, if possible. There's no point in watching the skies if our doorstep is on fire. Lt. Quraishi, how soon could we reach the MHC garrison, if necessary?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Sibaal Quraishi

"I don't see why you'd want to, but you could be there in 15 minutes. The HJS flight is still at least 2 hours out, and still outside MHC sensor range."

There's a brief pause. "Ours are special."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Harriman Castle : FP 5

"Believe me, I'd rather not go anywhere near the MHC. But we can't very well ignore terrestrial threats. We need to observe and confirm the situation before we take any action, anyway."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Sibaal Quraishi

Quraishi continues in a voice that leaks exasperation.
"I meant in the sense that if you inform the MHC that there's a HJS attack coming, not only is that potential cause of a declaration of war, but also exposes our presence in the region. The MHC isn't stupid- they'll start asking questions if we intercept over the garrison. Alternatively..."

A map pops up, showing a series of arrows. "If we launch in the next 15 minutes we can intercept them over the ocean. Nobody will ever know. Or find the bodies."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Cecil Skye FP 5/5

Cecil is about to answer Levi and respond to Harriman when the alert comes over the intercom.

"Oh, this is just fantastic!" he laughs bitterly. "They want to start a crusade? Too bad for them! Let's go out and enforce our own little no-fly zone. And Levi's got the right idea--if these freaky alien types want to sow disorder, a false flag op is the perfect way to do that."

Then he leans back in his chair. "Never in my life did I imagine I would ever say that."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

"Of course it's a false flag operation," Teresa replies. "It's more likely to be another human faction. Probably the EH, since they are antagonistic to both and have designs on HJS territory. The MHC is less likely to object to any conquests if they're fighting the HJS too."

She puts her sandwich down and looks at the data. "It could be someone else, of course. Probably not HJS fanatics, they're busying getting killed gloriously against the AUG. They could be behind it, but its not the AUG style, besides which they're winning and the risk is likely not worth the reward. Or," she smirks. "It could be the aliens. Why don't we go find out?"

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 6, 2013

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

As the robot schematics flashed across the screen, Alexander's heart sank. HJS crusaders. Of course it'd be them. But what were they doing here? Teresa was right, the war with the AUG was much too dire to take a single man off the frontlines, much less taunt the MHC to fight. The possibility that it might not be his brothers and sisters that he would soon be slaying provided little comfort. But this was war, and he was not a soldier of the faith any longer. Standing up, Alexander nodded.

"Then there is no time to waste. Let us go, and make this their final flight."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Sure thing." Levi grudgingly agrees. He didn't bring in Gunslinger to fight other nations, byt these gits sure do look up to no good. And the worst they can do is sit around and make this MHC's problem, false flag or not.

He finishes off his sandwich and washes it down with a glass of water. "Let's try to flag 'em when we get there, at least." He says, moseying over to the hangar. "We don't have to make this messy, we're supposed to be fightin' aliens."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Harriman Castle : FP 5/5

Harriman nods. There was no use denying it: there was no other viable option but to engage the apparent HJS forces. He moves to follow the others to the Hangar.

"This ought to be a good test of the Asto Vidatu's systems, at least."

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Lenore Santiago, FP 5

Lenore looked at the tactical display, and nodded. "To my mind, the most important thing is to keep the aliens from conquering Earth. If that means that we have to keep the nations of Earth at peace so they can fight off the main invasion when it comes, then so be it."

She then stood up, and said, "Anyways, the sooner we can deploy, the better. Does anyone here's robot have a way to jam enemy communications? We don't want them reporting back on our position, whether they are HJS or not."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

"The Manticore can handle that. Let's go." Teresa is as good as her word, getting up and heading for the lift to the robot hangars.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Amaka Kwembe, Maintenance Chief

A cheery voice calls out to you as you enter the hangar. "Yo! I heard the news- all of your machines are prepped and ready to go! Though I can't guarantee Mr. Abidam's is feeling cooperative this afternoon."

Mst. Sgt. Akama Kwembe is your maintenance chief, in charge of running a small herd of faceless technicians and a larger herd of robots to keep your machines in tip-top shape.

"But overall, everything should be running like a dream- and I cleaned the intake valves on your plane, Mr. Skye. I keep telling you to do that when you land!"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

"It does not particularly matter who they are. They need to be stopped before they start a war. It is time to go."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"No need to worry, Master Sergeant." Alexander said, saluting. "The Arondight will lead the charge as it is meant to do. I'm sure of that."

As a service lift carried him up to the Arondight's cockpit, Alexander couldn't help but let his mind wander. This would be their first test as a unit, and the first real test the Arondight had faced in months...and likewise, his first real challenge since he had left his people. Would he be up to the task? Would he have to slay his kin? Was this a cause worth fighting for, worth killing for?

"A cause is always worth fighting for, if one commits himself fully to it. Purge the doubt, Captain Abidam. Battle awaits you now." As the entrance door slid open, Alexander entered the depths of his machine, soon arriving at the Pillar of Faith, as the pilot-machine uplink was informally called. Standing on it, Alexander pressed a nearby button, causing a hatch to open, revealing a sheathed sword...a perfect small-scale replica of the Archangel's Sword. Grasping it, Alexander pulled it out of its sheath, feeling the bioelectrical input processors on the handle dig into his hand. Holding the blade up in front of him, Alexander closed his eyes and quietly spoke.

"God our deliverer, defender of the poor and needy; When the foundations of the earth are shaking, give strength to your people to uphold justice and fight all wrong, in the name of your son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

Nothing happened. For a moment, there was nothing inside the Arondight but a man, his faith, and the Lord, casting judgement upon it.

Then, with a soft hum, the Arondight's lights came online, and Alexander found himself looking down at the hangar outside, his mind fully integrated with God's machine.

"This is Captain Alexander Abidam." He said, and his voice was broadcasted to all the other receivers in the hangar. "ARC-65 Arondight is fully operational, and the Lord smiles upon our crusade. All units, report."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Cecil Skye FP 5/5

Cecil's dramatic entry, pants bloused, skintight under-g-suit sticking out from his blue flight suit at the neck and wrists, helmet tucked firmly under arm, goes out the window at the crew chief's admonishment.

"Intake valves? I thought the thing ran on--ooh, right, the hydrogen scoops. Sorry about that, Kwembe. I'll make sure to do it once I'm back. Now, which one is mine again?" Naturally, he has the only aerospace fighter in a hangar full of mechs. "I kid, I kid."

Well, nothing left for it. He clambers up the steps to the cockpit of his craft, closes the canopy, and begins pressing buttons on the control panel. Power, avionics BIT, weapons BIT... He's pretty sure pre-flight testing is something all the mechs have to do; that part hasn't quite been dispensed with. The engines hummmmm as Cecil rocks back and forth on the stick and pedals, looking through the canopy glass at the control surfaces behind him.

"Valkyrie to Holy Orders Lead," he calls out through the comms, fitting the oxygen system up to his helmet and blousing the g-suit portion under the mask. "Preflight checks okay, Geirdriful is go for launch. Ready to commence interdiction operations. Tower, clear flight for takeoff. Wait, who's Tower?"

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 7, 2013

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tsugumi's already in her pilot "suit", so she's ready to launch immediately.

She still doesn't understand why the suit needs to show so much, however. Her tutor's made it absolutely clear that such things were obviously a requirement, but she had noticed nothing of the sort from any men's pilot suits. Oh well.

"Type-108R ready for launch."

Back into the sky... What a wonderful time to be alive, when you can fly.

Too bad about the whole "country squashed by enemy" thing.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Harriman Castle : FP 5/5

"Thank you, Sergeant Kwembe. I appreciate the work you and your staff do."

Harriman moves to his prep area, and changes into his hardsuit. The bulky outfit gives him an exaggerated, stocky profile, but the reinforced cabling and IV-regulator ports are necessary for piloting his mech.

"I'll see you all on the launch deck."

He presses a button on his wrist, and the Asto Vidatu lowers a towline, which he rides up to the cockpit. Once inside, Harriman boots up the Asto Vidatu's core systems. Limb Actuators: Check. Resonance Inlay Integrity: 100%. Dynamos reading stable.

His hardsuit locks into place as he punches in the ignition sequence for the Ferrogravitic Core. A low but audible hum washes through the cockpit, and the air grows heavy. A slow trickle flows through the IV attached to his suit - fluids, glucose, and a cocktail of chemicals to attenuate the effects of high gravity.

The ground trembles as the Asto Vidatu walks into place on the nuclear-powered electromagnetic launch catapult. Harriman remembers his initial tour of the base. The IG engineers were having an issue finishing repairs on the capacitors required to charge the final launch sequence. Harriman came upon the solution after a soak in the Hot Springs. The mineral-rich water would serve as a good conductor and coolant for the capacitors, and the more practical elements could be filtered from the water supply - no sense in letting good radium go to waste.

"This is Castle - Asto Vidatu is ready for launch."

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Lenore Santiago, FP 5

Lenore looked for her mecha, but she had no clue where it would be. Everyone else seemed to find something to pilot, so she had to have something.

She looked in the back, and saw something that looked like a kitbash made of ancient mecha parts, and headed over there. One of the techs working on the sad robot said, "Wait, you're Lenore? This isn't your mecha. From what I heard, yours was coming in next week."

"I don't have until next week, and I can't not go while my allies need help." she said sternly.

"But this thing is a pile of junk! It doesn't even have a power supply installed yet-"

Be Not Daunted Thereby, Nor Terrified, Nor Awed (Launch Theme)

A voice rang out like an entire choir, *Then leave that to me.* And there was a... thing hovering above Lenore's shoulder. It looked like a wheel covered with eyes, inside of which was another wheel covered in eyes, inside of which...

*I am Lenore's protector, Seruel, and I can see how to make this armor move.* With that, he floated into one of the access panels, his radiance vanishing inside the labyrinth of wiring and tubes. Then, the mecha's eyes lit up, and radiance gleamed from its joints. Severed cables linked together as if magnetized, dingy grey primer and frame was covered in brilliant white and rose and violet armored plates, power indicators unmoved for so long their insides had become dusty suddenly pegged, and the ancient CNC-005 stood up.

*For Lenore Santiago the Blessed Warrior, her angel stands ready.* The cockpit opened, and Lenore looked up, awestruck, before slowly climbing in. As it sealed up again, a quartet of wings manifested from the mecha's back, and in its hand appeared a large blaster.

Lenore looked around, at the controls which ought to have been entirely unfamiliar, but felt natural in her hands. "Seruel, I don't know what to say..." she whispered.

Seruel's voice in her head answered, *Then don't say. Go, and do.*

She nodded, before turning on the radio and reporting, "CNC-005-Prime, 'Channeler', ready for launch," and a heavenly voice echoed hers.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Teresa FP OOOOO

Teresa takes a moment to change into her own piloting suit, essentially a black with red trim form-fitting g-suit with a significant number of interface ports, plus an AR visor display and integration headset. As the lift brings her to the Manticore's cockpit, Teresa fiddles with the interface. As the headset comes on line, she can feel her own thoughts expand into the Daemon's cold neuro-circuitry. A sharp smile on her face, she steps into the cockpit and activates the entropy inversion core.

Red light bathes for a moment, then the walls of the cockpit disappear as the integration completes, letting her see through the Manticore's sensors. AR interfaces pop up all around her, filling with information.

"Manticore - operational shift. Tactical network is live." She rapidly flicks through a number of settings. "Make sure you pay attention to it." She moves mecha out smoothely, arms crossed over its chest. "Pray to whatever gods you like - the Daemon will answer them all the same."

She flicks a preliminary tactical guide out, suggesting a three pronged attack to be modified to fit the circumstances as necessary. Valkyrie and Tsugumi in the lead scout/strike unit, hitting the far side of the enemy force at speed. Lenore and Levi, making a saturation bombardment from range on the center. Alexander, Castle, and Teresa in the assault unit, punching into the near flank. It updates constantly as new data is analyzed.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Levi enters the hangar with the same purple and gold-trimmed suit he wears in combat training, only with IG markers in place of Texas Tech ones. Nothing fancy, just a good zero-g suit with a long history. He puts on his black cowboy hat, slaps his interface goggles to turn them on, and looks up to the giant, stompin' arsenal they call Ol' Gunslinger.

"Boy howdy." He says in a nervous breath. "This is it." He takes the elevator ride up the pilot's cockpit.

"Let's get ya ready, pardner." Levi jumps into the seat and flips open a number of brightly-colored switches in sequence. "Diagnostics, go. Booting up... Fusion Core's powering up to full. Ringside plasma cannons, check. Secondary gun cannons, check." As if to respond, Gunslinger's cannons whirr here and there to confirm their trackers work. "I hear ya. Okay... what about uplink?"

A web of screens pop up in a 180-degree arc. Aside from the usual mecha stats, ammo count and other critical data, it also starts to bring in multiple visual feeds from a pirate satellite orbiting over Neo-Jerusalem. The HJS Crusaders come into full view on the largest screen.

"There you are." He grits his teeth. "Everything else looks in order... recording and tracking devices, check." Too bad he can't send this data back to Texas Tech. Security reasons, he understands. "Main structure, check. Internal dynamos, check. Fusion Core... powered up. We're A-OK here."

After he inputs final adjustments on his keyboard, Levi grabs one of the many, many switches and levers in the panel. He grabs on two of them and pushes them forward. The robot starts to move. Or more appropriately, it starts to stretch its back for a moment before it decides to move in formation with the rest.

He presses his intercom. "Done saddlin' up here. Gunslinger's ready to go out."

• Locked thread