Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Gonna take my adorable sunglasses chewing hellion backpacking in WV this weekend, just him and me. If you’ve camped with your woofers before, what’s one thing you think I should know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They may not sleep for poo poo.

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

even lions like dogs))

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Enchante, mi dogge.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Looking to sell my old Oakley’s. They’re slightly chewed. Comes with free dog.

Oh jeez it must be the season for this - Apollo chewed up my sunglasses in a fit of hyper boredom and he's lucky he's cute.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

My ex's dog pulled off a shelf and chewed up an old baseball cap that was like one of the only surviving mementos of her grandfather with whom she was really close. Not really valuable except for the irreplaceable sentimental value. I was the one who discovered the crime and had to text her "so.. before you get home, remember that doggo loves you very, VERY much..."

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://i.imgur.com/CKatQLe.gifv

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/n2h3FpR.gifv

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
What a loving good dog

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

https://i.imgur.com/f53C2ZH.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/UCuipEL.mp4

ro5s fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 18, 2018

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Same, Tim. :same:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

When you try to jump up on the bed to wake your human up for your first walk of the day, only make it halfway, and think, “Eh. Good enough.”

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I put my dog down yesterday.
Here I wrote a thing about him

Louis
I used to hate the way you would come and rest your head on my leg while I was sitting on the couch.
I hated how needy you were, always demanding food from my plate.
I hated that you wanted attention, at a time when all I wanted was to be left alone.
I thought you were stupid and a waste of time. I hated how you stank a couple of days after a bath.
And yet, no matter how cold and distant I became as my disease progressed, you were the one person that was always happy to see me. Just hearing my name would be enough to set you off, then after your hearing left you, seeing me would send you running towards me.
And over time, I grew to accept you. It was never your fault that I was so incapable of giving or receiving love.
Then I got the message that you couldn’t stand straight any longer, and I knew I had to be there.
Even though you couldn’t stand straight anymore, your tail still wagged to see me.
I gave you all the love and care I could. I even made peanut butter toast just to share with you. I lied when mum asked if I’d given you all of it and said I’d eaten half.
I carried you to the car myself. I held you as you lay down for the last time.
Mum said she would wait outside and I pulled her into my arms.
To my own surprise I was fighting tears. Sharon said through her own ‘it’s ok to love something.’
They had planned on having you cremated, but the bill was too high. I couldn’t afford to pay it myself, so I said I would do what I knew I had come to do.
Mum started to object and I snapped at her “I don’t give a gently caress how long it takes, he belongs at home.” My voice cracked as I got the words out.
I apologised straight away for snapping.
I carried your poor, broken little body, wrapped in a blanket to my car and laid you down as gently as I could.
It was raining.
After a few inches of soil, there was tough clay. It took me an hour to dig out enough of that thick, awful stuff. My boots were heavy from the clay stuck to them.
I was so broken when you came into my life.
The least I could do was return some of that love you’d tried to give me.
I gathered you up one last time and laid you to rest.
I knelt down in the filth to stroke your head one last time before I covered you.
You lie there in mum’s garden now, under the peach tree I hope will grow.
Goodbye, friend.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Goddamnit dude I just had to leave my desk under the extremely flimsy pretext of fixing my contact lens.

Louis is a good boy and kudos to you for doing right by him. He loves you and he’ll see you at the bridge.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Goodbye Louis, you were the best dog.

Gonna go hug my 13yo.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

gently caress. :smith:

You're a very good boy, Louis.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Sorry about your dog, man. Really sucks to lose a good boy :(

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

If you’ll forgive me, I don’t do so well with the loss of a good boy. Instead, I will post dogs.

RIP Louis, he was a good boy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Here’s a quote from a story I read once and just found again for this thread:

‘People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life - - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The Six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Here lies Louis, a good boy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Also I just gave Tarkus a big snuggly hug. He gave me a confused look and then an awkward kiss on the cheek. I love my weird dog.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sorry dude. I put down my dog last year and this just tore me down. Louis was a good pup.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I just gave both Reggie and Chico a hug. RIP Louis, even though they keep making new good dogs, it doesn't make losing the old ones any easier.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

RIP Louis. Good boy.

It's a year to this day I had to say goodbye to my first love, Benny.

We took a trip to the dog park in Benny and Louis' honor today.

These lazy fucks don't know how to properly pay respects.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Nerdrock posted:

RIP Louis. Good boy.

It's a year to this day I had to say goodbye to my first love, Benny.

We took a trip to the dog park in Benny and Louis' honor today.

These lazy fucks don't know how to properly pay respects.

Hold X to pay respectsgive pets

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

having dogs out in the country is terrifying.
having a neighbor who is stupid enough to think an Australian Shepherd is a coyote is terrifying.
desperately trying to believe that it was stupidity rather than malice, but please send good vibes to Clara who was shot today.

she’s in good spirits, but it’s still not great.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

the escape goat posted:

having a neighbor who is stupid enough to think an Australian Shepherd is a coyote is terrifying.
desperately trying to believe that it was stupidity rather than malice, but please send good vibes to Clara who was shot today.

Clara, don't go play with Louis. JFC.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Clara, don't go play with Louis. JFC.

I’m so sorry to hear about Louis; he sounded like a great little buddy and I hope you’re well 💜

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

the escape goat posted:

Get well soon, country pupper. :ohdear:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

the escape goat posted:

Shoot your neighbor and tell them that you're sorry, but you thought they were Sasquatch.

Healing vibes, Clara. I hope you get to take a big, steamy dump on their lawn when you're all better.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Carteret posted:

I'm sorry dude. I put down my dog last year and this just tore me down. Louis was a good pup.

We had to let go of this little fella 24 years ago, almost to the day.
You would think time heals all wounds, but it still hurts an awful lot, especially when reading about fellow goons losing their best buds.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope I go before Monty does.

This is a 100% serious post.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
To a gentle place go the dogs, ever deserving.

boop the snoot posted:

I hope I go before Monty does.

This is a 100% serious post.

I'm torn by this. On one hand, it'll break Monty.

But on the other, he seems like the kind of dog that'd stand vigil over your grave, Seymour-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018
sad day:( I am sorry