Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That would make heroing a full time job and not a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Saitama doesn't chase glory or money. Why would he join a new association where he gets more respect? He only joined the hero association so he wouldn't be a crackpot any more.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

jwang posted:

I want to say that Blast is the leader of this new Hero Association, simply due to how often he's absent from meetings (or implied to be frequently missing). Chances are he's off setting up this new association when he became disenfranchised by the current system, and now the split is going full swing.

I suspect Blast is absent just because he prefers to keep himself busy with whatever's going on in his day-to-day life rather than hero work. Maybe he's even retired as a hero by this point, who knows - he seemed like the kind of person who might be cynical enough to quit.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Saitama and Genos originally joined the Hero Association under different circumstances than they find themselves in now. Saitama wanted recognition, Genos wanted Saitama's approval. Saitama has since discovered/decided that fame isn't all it's cracked up to be, Genos finally has Saitama's acceptance (as a friend if not an equal), and both of them are very acutely aware of the petty factional politics and corruption rampant throughout the system.

Saitama may or may not care, but I don't think that's going to stop Genos fhttps://forums.somethingawful.com/usercp.phprom making the switch if he wants to.

Saitama completely accepted Genos as an equal from the start.

Saitama doesn't accept him as a friend, though, because Saitama doesn't think he has friends.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

jwang posted:

I want to say that Blast is the leader of this new Hero Association, simply due to how often he's absent from meetings (or implied to be frequently missing). Chances are he's off setting up this new association when he became disenfranchised by the current system, and now the split is going full swing.

Blase is absent so much because he has a real job and doesn't have as much time for his hero hobby anymore.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Genocyber posted:

Blase is absent so much because he has a real job and doesn't have as much time for his hero hobby anymore.

That's very blasé of you to say so.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm guessing blast quit the ha years ago and they just keep him on the roster because they figure if things get bad enough he needs to show up he'll show up and they can take the credit

i wonder if saitama being around has led to blast not really being needed for the last few years and that's why he's never seen at all :v:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The HA's only been around for 3 years. It's possible that Blast has never really been active and is listed as the #1 spot at Tatsumaki's demand.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh right, i forgot, saitama inspired its creation :v:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jwang posted:

Plot twist, Garou is the head of the new association.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That's actually semi-plausible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think they are really arguing in good faith, because they are saying that the ha is weak because so many of their heroes lost to garou so here are a bunch of new heroes who are so much better for some reason. The world's greatest sumo wrestler probably wouldn't ever reach further than the bottom of s rank, and probably not even that. There are a lot of awful people in the ha, but they are still very strong by non-Saitama standards. The problem was always that the ha itself is incompetent and corrupt, but I don't see why this new organization would be proof against developing that same problem.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Because :free market: promotes competition, which cuts down on corruption! With alternatives available, people would naturally choose the less corrupt option! (Haha, who are we kidding here?)

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Elentor posted:

Plot twist, Garou is the head of the new association.

Saitama might join that organization.

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

Would this new hero association be funded by the public too? The official HA is funded by the public but I am not sure this means that they are backed by the government. Which HA would the government back? Who will be the vigilantes?

I am really enjoying the direction the series is going. New conflict!

I also like the theory that Blast may be involved in the creation of the new hero group. I think that would be interesting. If the public sees Blast leaving HA and listens to his criticisms of the HA, public support would be divided. More conflict!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Blast isn't a public figure. His endorsement or lack thereof wouldn't mean much of anything when compared to more prominent heroes like King or Sweet Mask.

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

Point. But the public does keep track of hero rankings. Blast's actions and opinions towards the HA should still hold some sway to the public. Unless Blast looks unremarkable like Saitama, then the public would ignore him.

Most people in OPM are all superficial and one of the things I like about this series is this sort of commentary on how people are so hung up on what's on the surface. Everyone is judged by their looks. And yet when someone like Saitama does something amazing right before their eyes, their mind can't comprehend that someone so ordinary looking could be so great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
For some reason that made something click on me. I think Blast is almost Saitama level, but when he saw that he was starting to lose hair he immediately stopped the training and was content with the power he had, he wasn't serious enough about his hobby to let it really affect his life (which is why he probably has a job as well)

KoB
May 1, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

For some reason that made something click on me. I think Blast is almost Saitama level, but when he saw that he was starting to lose hair he immediately stopped the training and was content with the power he had, he wasn't serious enough about his hobby to let it really affect his life (which is why he probably has a job as well)

Yeah, if they fight the joke will be that Blast didnt take it all the way because he didnt want to lose his hair.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
New chapter out, but it's only two pages so far. Sometimes I wish ONE would wait until the whole chapter is done before he releases it, other times I to appreciate the anticipation that comes from doing it this way.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

New chapter out, but it's only two pages so far. Sometimes I wish ONE would wait until the whole chapter is done before he releases it, other times I to appreciate the anticipation that comes from doing it this way.

The rest of the chapter has been completed, does anyone have a link to the translation?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I can't read no moonrunes but this chapter is going to be so good :allears:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
http://m.imgur.com/a/uIZ8j

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So we finally get to see how the people other than Sweet Mask are reacting to the Garou incident.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That was amazing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Feels like a turning point. Fascinating.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This was an S-class chapter.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

This was an S-class chapter.

S-class for the readers, Disaster Rank Demon for the characters.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Wait, so are Atomic Samurai and Flash whatshisface thinking of the same thing here?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think Flashy Flash (lol) is going to start stalking Saitama to train him, which is going to be pretty funny when his little brother gets salty as poo poo. Dunno what Atomic Samurai was talking about, it was kind of vague.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I think Flashy Flash (lol) is going to start stalking Saitama to train him, which is going to be pretty funny when his little brother gets salty as poo poo. Dunno what Atomic Samurai was talking about, it was kind of vague.

We're almost certainly getting Atomic Samurai vs. Saitama in the near future is what it looks like.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Did he even get to see Saitama fight? I was under the impression that only the guys who tried executing Garo saw him fighting.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Poor Saitama is about to become a very busy man.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Did he even get to see Saitama fight? I was under the impression that only the guys who tried executing Garo saw him fighting.

I don't think he did but that doesn't mean he couldn't be wanting to test Saitama.

Or maybe he's talking about Genos, or someone else entirely :shrug:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Metal Knight is loving pissed.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This chapter felt really ominous. :ohdear:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The dude with the eye-patch and glasses looks familiar. Did he show up in an omake?

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
Yes, he wanted the police to beg the HA help when they were being attacked.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

LostRook posted:

The dude with the eye-patch and glasses looks familiar. Did he show up in an omake?

Holyeskimo posted:

Yes, he wanted the police to beg the HA help when they were being attacked.

Which is kind of neat. I think he's another character who first appeared in the Murata version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Schwarzwald posted:

Metal Knight is loving pissed.

This is good imo