Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Oh man, the Neo Heroes organization is going to explode spectacularly.

The Hero Association has giant glaring flaws (Metal Knight, corruption, the time they considered using criminals), but it actually somehow has solid leadership. The Neo Heroes have some good ideas, and some good people, but that's nothing in comparison to the absolute disastrous choices they're making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
This puts the whole “Amai Mask good or bad” argument into perspective. Whichever side you fall on, at least we can be sure of one thing : he has the courage of his convictions and is not a hypocrite about his beliefs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, this last chapter must be a doozy if it still isn't translated yet, considering how quickly they tore through the other ones.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mangadex has all the new chapters translated i'm pretty sure. Where are you reading them?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh I see the problem. It's 126 on the raw site but 125 on mangadex.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's 125 within the site, the link can be deceiving.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Oh I see the problem. It's 126 on the raw site but 125 on mangadex.

Yeah that was it! I was like 'oh poo poo, Blast's son! ... Man, this last chapter is taking a real long time to finish it must be dense'

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Sony Developing Film Based on ‘One Punch Man’ Manga Series With ‘Venom’ Writers (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/sony-film-manga-one-punch-man-venom-writers-1234585282/

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

graham cracker posted:

Sony Developing Film Based on ‘One Punch Man’ Manga Series With ‘Venom’ Writers (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/sony-film-manga-one-punch-man-venom-writers-1234585282/

I can't wait to see how bad this is.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I hope ONE gets paid.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, my 3 thoughts are
I'm glad ONE's getting paid
It'll be fun when someone compares a scene with the murata equivalent and goes "the manga moves more than live action"
This'll probably be pretty bad

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Venom? As in "like a turd in the wind" Venom?
I don't know whether that's a plus or a minus tbh.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
In the other version, Murata retconned stuff based on the Sweet Mask arc we just had. Do you think the changes work or should he have just stuck with the original draft?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's tough. On one hand, that is totally watering down the dude, otoh I don't think there were any other examples of him murdering humans, so backing down from that on the murata-exclusive jobber squad seems appropriate.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well with the new aspects of his story its quite obvious that he would never actually harm people.
Monsters are a completely different thing though.

The new stuff does reframe his interactions with Garou, being that theyre mirrors of each other: A human who desperately wants to become a monster, and a monster who desperately wants to be human.
I wouldnt be surprised if theres more changes there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm just glad the 3 Swordsmen got to shine a bit more.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
The one thing that makes the change hard to assess is the fact that we've all now seen both alternatives (Sweet Mask killing the Mercs and Sweet Mask not killing them) so we have the advantage of knowing the bigger picture here. In the future only one version will exist, and I don't know if the new one is better than what we had.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I mean ones webcomic is probably gonna exist longer than miuras manga

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Bucswabe posted:

The one thing that makes the change hard to assess is the fact that we've all now seen both alternatives (Sweet Mask killing the Mercs and Sweet Mask not killing them) so we have the advantage of knowing the bigger picture here. In the future only one version will exist, and I don't know if the new one is better than what we had.

The new one is better because the atomic disciples save human people who are being mind controlled, which is more heroic. And they are saving them from Sweet Mask, which keeps his ridiculous murderous rage in the manga without him actually doing it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well with the new aspects of his story its quite obvious that he would never actually harm people.
Monsters are a completely different thing though.
But that's the thing. He was definitely going to kill the mercenary crew had the disciples not intervened. So it's not that he won't harm people, it's just that this time someone managed to intervene to stop him. If he would do it now, he's inarguably done it in the past as well and either had the benefit of no witnesses or a good enough context to brush it under the rug.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
He's killed one human before, in the murata rewrite. There was the caveman who unthawed from the ice and went on a rampage. The Hero Association wanted him brought back alive but sweet mask just murdered him brutally.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

gnome7 posted:

He's killed one human before, in the murata rewrite. There was the caveman who unthawed from the ice and went on a rampage. The Hero Association wanted him brought back alive but sweet mask just murdered him brutally.

Kinda stretching the definition of human there.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Kinda stretching the definition of human there.

#neanderthallivesmatter

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Getting killed by Sweet Mask. It's so easy, even a caveman can do it!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Three new chapters up (Raws for now)

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=127

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=128

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=129

Yes this funny URL is the official page of the comic.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm glad Saitama has picked the correct side in this conflict

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm glad Saitama has picked the correct side in this conflict

Right, the group of heroes who got crappy names from the Hero Association.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

126 translated: https://mangadex.org/chapter/911558/2

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
drat some of these panels totally fuckin slap. ones killing it

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I was thinking a bit about Saitama. Forgive me if these thoughts aren't original. His reason for his training was that he wanted to be "a hero as a hobby". To enable this "hobby," he trained for three years, not taking even a single break, to the extent that he lost all of his hair and his body underwent a number of horrifying changes. I'm not saying that people this dedicated don't exist, such as Olympic athletes, but they make what they are dedicated to their life's work, not just a "hobby". Why is Saitama so obsessed about a "hobby," and why does he consider it a "hobby" and not "his purpose in life" or somesuch?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

n-n-n-no shut up you're wrong!!! *breaks down sobbing*

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Think about it as Goku vs Superman. One saves the world as a hobby, the other as a duty or job.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Or like getting really good at a fighting game but not for the purpose to go to tournaments.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

127 translated: https://mangadex.org/chapter/912520/1

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m guessing Metal Knight/The cyborg organization will take control of all the suits to make an army.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The future of the Neo Heroes doesn't seem really bright so far.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aside from the leaders who instantly died they seem to be doing pretty good. They just lack top tier heroes to take on Dragon level threats.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

I was thinking a bit about Saitama. Forgive me if these thoughts aren't original. His reason for his training was that he wanted to be "a hero as a hobby". To enable this "hobby," he trained for three years, not taking even a single break, to the extent that he lost all of his hair and his body underwent a number of horrifying changes. I'm not saying that people this dedicated don't exist, such as Olympic athletes, but they make what they are dedicated to their life's work, not just a "hobby". Why is Saitama so obsessed about a "hobby," and why does he consider it a "hobby" and not "his purpose in life" or somesuch?

Monster patrols were a hobby. As for working out:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Nebrilos posted:

Saitama is a good person but there are things about him that should not be emulated.