Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's a winter full of secrets, surprises, the start of new friendships, and maybe some new rivalries. Fourteen people will battle it out, where only one will be left standing as the winner of this very first season. Welcome to Awful Brother!

This is a game that is fairly similar to Survivor, with the same basic infrastructure. A bunch of people are left in this game, and must one by one vote out one of their own, until there is a winner voted on by a jury of their peers. Bonds will be made, broken, newer ones made, and broken again. Some people might make new friends from the fallout of this game, some may find people they will fall into a manic detestment for. Big Brother is played by a different set of rules, however. It's played on a week by week basis. Each week, the players fight for power known as Head Of Household. The Head of Household must then nominate two other players for Eviction. However, being nominated isn't certain doom for you if you're a player. You have the opportunity to play for a power known as the Power of Veto. The Power of Veto (POV) is a special tool that can void one of the Nominations, and also grants protection to whoever is holding the POV from being nominated as retaliation for that week. At the end of the week, the house of players must vote out one of the two players. In a game like this, there is a sense of safety in staying out of the radar, but for everyone, their time will come until the very end. The first few weeks, players who are voted out are out of the game outright. After a certain point however, players who are voted out become a member of the Jury, who will vote for a winner at the end of the game. The winner of this game will receive a $60 Amazon.com Giftcard.. Runner up will earn $25 likewise.

WINNER
Meinberg

RUNNER UP
Rarity

Evicted
Jury House
Uniballer (1-0) VOTE: MEINBERG
Asiina (1-0) VOTE: MEINBERG
XyloJW (2-0) VOTE: RARITY
Dr. Hurt (3-0) VOTE: RARITY
mr.capps (4-0) VOTE: MEINBERG
jng2058 (5-0) VOTE: RARITY
JakeP (6-0) VOTE: MEINBERG

Eliminated
Toadsmash (5-1)
Veskit (5-4)
Kontour (7-2)
fireWARKs (8-2)
Sentient Data (Walked)

Links to Competitions and Ceremonies
Week 01: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Have/Have Not Competition|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 02: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 03: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Have/Have Not Competition|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 04: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 05: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 06: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 07: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 7B: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 08: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 09: HOH Competition|Nomination Ceremony|Power of Veto Competition|Veto Ceremony|Eviction
Week 10: HOH Competition Part 1|HOH Competition Part 2|HOH Competition Part 3|Eviction
Finale

Other Links
Viewer's Vista
Big Brother House
Jury House

Awful Big Brother will follow a standard schedule. There are a bevy of competitions that alter the game's direction slightly when compared to Survivor. We worked hard to figure out a fair schedule that would work for the majority of people. Here is what it will look like:

Sundays: Nominations (Only the current Head of Household needs to be present for this.)
Mondays: On occasion, there may be a reward challenge, Have/Have Not competition, or some other event held. This is when that such event is to be held. Participation may vary from just one player to everyone's involvement.
Tuesdays: Power of Veto competition. Only up to Six Players will get to participate in the Power of Veto challenges. The Head of Household, the two Nominees, and three other players selected by random draw.
Wednesdays: This is when the Power of Veto meeting is to be held. The winner of the Power of Veto competition has the opportunity to remove one of the nominees or leave them in tact as they are. If the Power of Veto is used to save a nominee, the current Head of Household must then immediately name a replacement Nominee. They cannot nominate the winner of the PoV competition. Only the winner of the Power of Veto competition and the current HoH need to be present for this ceremony.
Thursdays: This is the most important night of the week, as the house will then vote out one of the two Nominated players. The nominated players cannot vote, and the Head of Household only votes in the event of a tie. After the Eviction, there is a competition held to select the new Head of Household for the following week. Everybody except the incumbent Head of Household is allowed to participate in the challenge. Everyone still in the game must be able to participate on this night.
There are no challenges or ceremonies set to occur on Fridays or Saturdays, but remember, the game is always afoot.

These events will typically be held anywhere between 7:00PM and 11:00PM EST time zone.

John Cena posted:

In the interest of condensation, and so that I'm not basically copying/pasting A Tale Of Two Cities every day, I'm going to request that confessionals only be sent on the following days: Sundays (Post-Nominations), Mondays (Post-Have/Have-Not competition if there is one), Wednesdays (After the Veto Ceremony), and Fridays (After the new HOH has settled in)

Rules:
The following rules all apply to the game. However, just to make sure that the game isn't thrown into disarray, signing up for this game, you are effectively :toxx:ing yourself for any rule with a :siren: in it. Violating these big-time rules will result in a 100,000 hour probation. It's not that hard to not cheat.
  • There will be 14 players. All players are known as and will be referred to as Houseguests. The goal is to make it to the end of the game – standing alone above all other competitors, while convincing a jury of your fellow evicted houseguests to vote for you over the other person next to you as the winner of the game.

• Game events will run primarily from 7:00 PM to 12:00AM EST, Sun through Thurs. If your daily schedule or timezone will cause this to be a problem/interference with your personal life, then maybe signing up isn't a good idea. The game won't run all the time start to finish from those hours, but this is generally where the meat of the game will occur. Every player's participation is valued, so only sign up if it fits within your schedule!

• Private Messages aren't required, but they're strongly the preferred form of contact, and if we go over the amount of registered players, those with PMs on will have priority over those who don't and do not give alternative contact information.

• You are playing for a grand prize! The winner of Awful Big Brother will win a $60 Amazon.com Giftcard. :siren: Sharing of this prize/Conspiracy of sharing/splitting/buying another player something with it is strictly forbidden.:siren:

• On every Thursday, there will be an eviction ceremony. Votes will be taken privately by the host via PM, where you may ONLY vote for one of the two nominees. The results of the vote will be revealed in the thread. The player with the highest number of votes will be removed from the game. In the event of a tie, the current Head of Household will cast the tie-breaking vote. Failure to vote will result in a penalty vote against yourself the next time you are Nominated for eviction. Please try to be here on time for Evictions.

• (Rule added on Jan 30) Everyone's been really good about it so far, but just to keep people to stick to the format, if you fail to send in a vote twice, the next week you'll be given a penalty un-vetoable Nomination. If you fail to vote for a third time, you'll be evicted. If there is a schedule conflict that would prevent you from voting, please talk to me or one of the other mods to set up a potential early vote, we're willing to be flexible in those situations.

• Every so often, you will be asked to provide a confessional of your thoughts with the host. This confessional will be shown to the Viewer's Vista, however, it will remain private there, and in absolutely no way influence you and your game. Nothing you ever say in a confessional will ever come back to bite you. We ask that you be honest and open in your thoughts and plans when discussing them in your confessionals.

• Following every Eviction is the competition for Head of Household. Everybody still in the game except for the outgoing HoH is eligible to play in this competition. As an individual competition, collusion and helping out other participants is strictly forbidden, and could result in a variety of penalties ranging from disqualification from that challenge to a penalty nomination or other similar punishments. Try to keep it clean.

• Each week, the house is split into what is essentially two cliques, Haves, and Have Nots. Haves get to enjoy all of the normal rights as provided by the game, out of thread communication, ability to send open confessionals whenever they feel like doing so, essentially living the normal houseguest life. Have-Nots however, are not a role you want to have. If you are a Have-Not, you may only communicate either in-thread or in a special pre made Have-Not doc with the other Have-Nots for that week. Communicating with other players by any other means is outright forbidden as a Have-Not. Also, Have-Nots must perform a special task as voted each week by the game's viewers. Have-Nots will be determined by various means, either through competitions, the HoH or another player being allowed to name one, or any other such event as queued up by the Host. This minor twist typically only lasts for the first half of the game.

• While alive, you may communicate out of thread with anyone that is still in this game. You are expected to plot against each other and make alliances and fake alliances. It is not essential to do this though... unless you want to win. If you ignore everyone out of thread, you have a death wish.

• Any out of thread chatroom/google doc/etc must also be shared with the host of this game, where select excerpts will be shown to the Viewer's Vista page to provide updates and add suspense to the game. This is Big Brother after all, we're always watching.

• :siren:When voted out, you may communicate with no-one about this game.:siren: Please do not abuse this since some players will come back into the game ‘after death’ to form the final jury to decide a winner or for other reasons. If you and someone else is voted out before the Jury Phase, then you can talk to each other fine, along with joining the Viewer's Vista. But if you are voted out, and someone post-Jury Phase is voted out, do not contact them as you may potentially poison their vote as a juror. The same goes for people still in the game contacting people who were voted out. Spectator posts are permissible by people not participating in the game, as long as it is not done in a way to assist or harm any active player. I cannot stress the importance of this rule enough.

• :siren:You are not permitted to speak with any potential players about the game before it begins.:siren: This is mostly to effectively discourage pre-game alliances, and any long-term tainting of the game itself. Please play with SOME semblance of honor to keep things somewhat fair.

• When voted out, you are to exit the game immediately. You'll have a short interview session with the host, which will be posted in the special Viewer's Only document where non-players can discuss the game and get insight on the going ons, from confessionals and interviews to the players voting histories and sneak peeks on upcoming events and challenges.

• If you are voted out and announced as a member of the Jury, you will become a Juror and given a link to a special Jury House page. On this page, you can communicate with fellow jurors as they are also voted out of the game. You can talk to them about any aspect of the game if you wish, but all communication with them can only occur in the provided Jury House. The only things you are forbidden from discussing is outright how you are going to vote at the end of the game, and you are not allowed to directly influence another Juror's potential vote. :siren:There is to be no collusion between the Jurors.:siren: Please be present at the end of the game, because when we are down to the final two players, we will hold our finale, where the Jury will vote for a winner. The details on this will be explained to the Jurors themselves.

• There will be events in the game held 4-5 days out of the week. Fridays and Saturdays, there are no scheduled events, but the game is always afoot.

• There will be individual challenges and team challenges. Team challenges will have randomly generated teams, where you will need to operate as a unit for the challenge. Individual challenges, you are not allowed to assist other players. They are considered individual challenges for a reason.

• You're expected to compete in challenges. The vast majority of challenges are all performed in-thread with no outside tools or websites or any of that malarky needed, although there are a few. Any such challenge will have that information posted ahead of time so players can prepare, along with any advisements for that challenge (Be on a non mobile-device, requires flash, etc)

• There is to be no out of thread communication during the Nomination/Veto player picking/Veto Usage/Eviction ceremonies, or other key times the host states as such.

• No editing posts. Evidence of editing can result in punishment ranging from a challenge disqualification to a forced removal from the game depending on the severity. Harmless ninja edits may be ignored but abuse will be punished.

• Do not post/send chatlogs in the game's thread/via PM or IM or eMail/note inside a bottle drifted through the ocean/etc. No chatlogs anywhere.

• Former Awful Survivor players are ineligible for this game. Looking for new blood in this game!

• You are expected to Expect the Unexpected. Big Brother is a game that is notorious for some little twists and turns being thrown about in this game. Just to put everyone at ease, the game will remain impartial, and all twists and such are set to occur at pre-determined times as known by the host and their fellow co-mods. The game does not tilt to favor one player over any other. However, beware the game, it is a changing beast.

RULES FOR THE VIEWER'S VISTA

There will be a special Viewer's Only page, where non-players can see some content unavailable in the thread or to the actual players of the game, ranging from player's confessionals and snippets of their out of thread interactions, to their voting histories and some advance knowledge on upcoming twists and turns, along with some other perks, such as participation in the form of Polls that may be used in player competitions or getting to vote on various things in the game, such as the Have-Not's weekly task. However, we want to keep things clean and fun and enjoyable for everyone, so before you enter the the Viewer's page, there are some rules that apply before entering.

• :siren:What goes on in the Vista, stays in the Vista.:siren: This is by far the most important rule of the viewer's vista. Anything that is posted in there, cannot be posted in the thread or leaked to players. Viewer's commentary is mildly allowed in the thread, but we strongly prefer to keep it in the vista.

• :siren:You are not allowed to communicate with the players of the game. :siren: Unless they were voted out pre-jury, you cannot communicate with any player of the game as long as it is going on. This is to keep things fair without tainting the natural flow of the game.

Your moderators for this game are John Cena, Pinterest Mom, Kensei, Murmur Twin, A HUNGRY MOUTH, and Little Mac.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Houseguests

Rarity

Residence: London (I assume you mean where I live)
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: I'm a huge fan of game theory shows like Survivor and the Genius and I think out of all the people who would appreciate the experience I'd get the most out of it. I love to win but I also love to compete for the sake of competing.
Why I think I am going to win the game: Because I'm sneaky, conniving, selfish and play in the moment
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: Even split between PSP and TVIV
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Chaos
My best buddy on these forums is: Skinty McEdger
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Buy more old XBox 360 games to continue my play through the last generation
My spirit animal is: A monkey

Meinberg

Residence: The Glorious State of Jersey Nova
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: It's a cool game for cool people.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I am smarter than everyone else. This is just a fact. I can think my way around everyone without even trying. Come at me bro, I can see through your strategy. And despite never competing in anything like this before, or even watching Big Brother, I know a thing or two about survivor, so deal with that.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: I got some mad gamer cred, yo. Whether it's commenting on LPs or discussing the games I'm playing or lording my awesomeness over the nerds in Traditional Games, I'm a mad gaming master up in here!
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: I'm a smart, tough competitor, who is absolutely tenacious, but also a complete coward who will beg and whine and plead for even just another moment of life. Expect tons of cringing and diplomacy in a vain attempt to buy me one more week of sweet, sweet life despite being loathed by everyone due to being a terrible human being.
My best buddy on these forums is: I do not understand the meaning of this word "buddy." For you see, I am the unloved, the unwanted, the cast off. I am a cypher in the darkness and the maker of my own destiny. Perhaps some of the Dominions 4 players might have something to say of me, but they are a strange and mysterious lot, worshiping their dread gods of the random numbers.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Probably buy some audiobooks. Gotta get my reading in without having to actual read.
My spirit animal is: The now extinct giant land sloth

Uniballer

Residence: Alberta, Canada
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: I've always wondered what it would be like to be in an actual game of Big Brother or Survivor. Since I have no ambition to be in the real thing, this is the next best thing.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I'll be a complete non-threat in challenges, and I'm loyal and charming enough to want to keep around.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: At best, I'll be punctual. At worst, I'll finish last in any complicated challenges, especially ones that involve any kind of math.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: I really have no idea. I'll think of something good when I get the prize.
My spirit animal is: An Andean Condor. Because they live for a very long time, which is what I plan to do in this game.

Asiina

Residence: Kingston, Ontario
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: I love me some forum games, and being a grad student I basically have no real life obligations, so I will be able to play all day, every day.
Why I think I am going to win the game: Because I have seen all Big Brother and Survivor seasons, and I know the true way to win is to be friendly with the producers so I can get a good edit and get invited back for the all-star season. Did I mention that Cena sure is handsome?
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: TVIV, in basically all of the reality TV threads. I think I have a problem.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: I will read all instructions carefully and follow them exactly.
My best buddy on these forums is: Srice. We are internet-BFFs who play Dota together and yell at each other. Because Dota will do that to you. Don't play Dota.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: I will buy 83 handlebar mustache rings
My spirit animal is: Burger and Fries, the angriest cat in the world.

XyloJW

Residence: Mississippi
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: I am not a jerk.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I am secretly a jerk.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: D&D
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: I will PM someone a picture of my spit, in derision.
My best buddy on these forums is: Pharmaskittle.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: I will buy a child leash/harness to tether my offspring in the yard so I don't have to chase him down anymore.
My spirit animal is: A racist old secessionist.

jng2058

Residence: Mount Prospect, Illinois (Suburb of Chicago)
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: Because it could be fun to have an older voice around. I notice that the public entries are all in their late 20s so far, so someone in his 40s should give a different perspective.
Why I think I am going to win the game: Age and guile beats youth and beauty every time? Honestly, I've watched enough reality TV (albeit mostly The Amazing Race) to know that everyone always talks a big game before the competition and all but one are wrong.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: As with most Goons, I've drifted over the years. I came to SA originally to find other players to play Dominions 3 with. I've drifted away from that sub-community into more general science fiction and strategy game threads of late. Call it the Star Trek, Dr. Who, and X-Com threads as the big three, but I follow and participate in many others.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Tactically I'm going to try to keep my head down as much as possible in the early- to mid- game. However, I hope to be active in multiple alliances on the sly to keep myself from being put in any one team's crosshairs. Down the line, if I survive that long, I expect I'll have to become more active to try and make it to the end, but I expect things will remain fluid.
My best buddy on these forums is: nweismuller who's nearly concluded his Master of Orion II Let's Play.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Beats me. Probably a book, DVD, or most of a PC game.
My spirit animal is: A Turtle. That's how I play my RTS's, and that's what I'm planning to do in this game if selected...keep my head down and stay alive. Slow and steady wins the race, after all.

mr.capps

Residence: Missouri
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: Despite being terribly cute I am having a hard time getting a girlfriend so hopefully people in real life will be impressed when I tell them I was a contestant on Big Brother.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I am the protagonist. Also I am charismatic, intelligent, and funny. And if there are any challenges involving X-Files trivia I will kick rear end at them.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: GBS 2.1 (shout out to all the crew of the world)
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Of the Major Arcana found in the Tarot I would be best represented by the Fool.
My best buddy on these forums is: I hope Peta is reading this thread because I am going to say my best buddy is Peta just to piss him off.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Buy some airheads candy, lots and lots of airheads candy.
My spirit animal is: Pizza Dog, a character from Matt Fraction's Hawkeye series.

Sentient Data

Residence: America's wang
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: I have nothing better to do
Why I think I am going to win the game: My family's native language was nothing but passive-aggressive manipulation, so I should feel right at home
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: GBS pre-2.1, mostly Gaming nowadays
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Over-leveling my thinking to stupid levels and probably screwing myself over
My best buddy on these forums is: Hell if I know; been posting in Fedule's VLR LP mostly, aside from that most of the random threads I've been in have Science! or Poptart Fairy (though they probably don't notice me, let alone consider me a BFF)
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Waste it on a Playstation Network card or get some more kitchen gear
My spirit animal is: Loki

Kontour

Residence: Whistler, Canada
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: Because I always regret not entering the extremely glamorous forum competitions that pop up from time to time, and this could be my ~big break~
Why I think I am going to win the game: Through a combination of stunning good looks, boundless charm, and stabbing as many people in the back as possible.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: PYF
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Good times and great classic hits. Also plenty of manipulation and scheming.
My best buddy on these forums is: No one, because I am an antisocial motherfucker
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Probably try and tip a stripper with it.
My spirit animal is: The Majestic Moose

Toadsmash

Residence: Colorado Springs
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: Because I'm an awful, awful big brother. Just ask my little brother.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I promise I can stop being bad at anything and everything SOMETIMES. It doesn't take a baseball bat and an anvil to get a lesson into my head most of the time.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: A ridiculous amount of effort, even if I usually have no idea what I'm doing.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Buy a copy of Pokémon X/Y and figure out which of my teammates are evolving into what. God help you all.
My spirit animal is: A... nah, I got nothing. A mongoose. These fuckers are badass.

JakeP

Residence: Philadelphia
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: Because I really like Big Brother!
Why I think I am going to win the game: I think I understand what needs to happen for me to not lose, so as long as I can do that really good I should win.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: GBS 2.0
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: To make it to the end, and screw over a lot of people.
My best buddy on these forums is: Can't say that I have one.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: If I knew what I would buy, I would probably buy it now.
My spirit animal is: Centipede

Veskit

Residence: Albuquerque
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: It looks fun, challenging, and completely out of my wheelhouse
Why I think I am going to win the game: Guilt trips. Lot of them.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: SAS
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: A flexible player who literally has no idea how this is going to go down and will probably botch things up in a hilarious manner.
My best buddy on these forums is: Excalipor?
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Gunna put that into 3ds games more than likely.
My spirit animal is: Wombat

fireWARKs

Residence: Rochester, NY
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: I'm a BB Super Fan who hungers for friendship and camaraderie with my Fellow Goon! Give me a shot and I'll try my hardest to get along with err'body and also compete like a champ
Why I think I am going to win the game: I follow Dan Gheesling on Facebook, I've seen most of the Big Brother seasons, and I think that I'm p. cool so clearly my natural somethingness will carry me across the finish line.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: GBS 2.1
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: An inappropriate level of emote usage, an inappropriate sense of humor, and a general lack of lying ability (I'll try, of course, but I'm kind of retarded so v:shobon:v)
My best buddy on these forums is: I'm a Something Awful Social Outcast . I had some goonly friends a million years ago under a different username, but that doesn't really count.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Buy more ~*luxury*~ suntan lotion
My spirit animal is: Alligator

Dr.Hurt

Residence: Charlotte, North Carolina
Why I think I should play Awful Big Brother: Because I am pretty drat awful. Awful at reading the rules at least. I will win the hearts and minds of goons everywhere and then blow it all by using my status to shill for Bitcoins.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I made a blood pact on the altar of Taste, which means I'll probably get runner up but I think it's worth it. I am also fueled by a diet that consists entirely of Dunkaroos and eggnog, so I'll either be dead or granted uncanny abilities.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: I lurk a lot on BSS. That's basically it.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: I'll be smarter than the smarties, and tougher than the toughies. And I'll play it square.
My best buddy on these forums is: Probably Tremendous Taste, although Ernie comes in at a close second.
What I am going to do with the life changing $50 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: I need to annoy my roommate with this.
My spirit animal is:

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 3, 2014

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello nerds! I am way too excited for this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am now the official big brother baby based on my age

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

:popcorn: This is going to be fun. Props to Cena for running these rad loving games. :popcorn:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Or whatever the viewer emote is. I literally don't care. Viewer post. I am not in the game. Bye

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'll use my official first appearance in the thread as a soapbox to complain that the DVD I received from Netflix was broken

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Checking in. Looking forward to winning.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Hahaha my entry answers are awful. Hello!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I know some people are curious what the first Head of Household challenge is going to be. But first, before we get into that, why don't you players introduce yourselves to eachother in the thread?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hi everyone, I am mr.capps and I am the official big brother baby.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's happening! :supaburn:

Hi, everyone! Can't wait to get started :D I already won the competition for dorkiest application :toot:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hello. I am a devout Baptist Minister, and I won the noble prize last year for honesty. In my free time, I perform miracles, and donate organs to dying kids. I am not here for the money, but to spread God's word to the world, and to be a good example for today's youth.

Anybody into donating money to charity?

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Hello!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy5K8ApSzhI

Britt Burns fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 2, 2014

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Why are there so many Canadians? Is this a set up?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hello fellow houseguest goons! jng2058 here. It's nice to meet all of you young'uns. Meinberg, if you think 30 is too old for this poo poo, you should try 40! (Ow, my knees!)

Just to get things out in the clear, I'm not going to take your sudden but inevitable betrayal personally. Try not to take mine personally either. :clint:

That said, if you play straight with me I'll play straight with you. I know everyone in this kind of game says something to that effect, but hell, it's not like there's a million dollars at stake here. $50 isn't going to change my life by its presence or its absence, so I'm willing to try and play square and give everyone else a chance to do the same. If it doesn't work out, oh well, that's life. I refuse to stress out about this game...I've got enough stress between work and family to break myself with worry about things that I'm doing for fun. If you find yourself stressing out, maybe try to dial it back? It's just a goofy forum game.

Anyway, let's all have a good time and try to emerge from this experience as friends!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'm not here to make friends, but I hope we all can become great friends!

mr.capps posted:

hi everyone, I am mr.capps and I am the official big brother baby.

I can't believe they allow you internet access in kindergarten.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Oh introduction. I'm a D&D mod, and I was hoping to probate my rivals, but none of you post in D&D so that's out!

I work in a library. Or I did until just now. I quit my job to better focus on this game.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Dr. Hurt posted:

I can't believe they allow you internet access in kindergarten.

I'm on hold with CPS atm

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

John Cena posted:

Awful Brother

:munch: Yessss you did the name right :munch:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Hey everyone, been a bit of a whirlwind getting here. Luckily I took the day off so I can participate fully in this experience today. Hopefully I can focus with these loving contacts in my eyes why god why do I want contacts so bad :qq:

poo poo also don't let me forget to clean out my PM box so I dont hit the max and loving ruin a good thing.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

fireWARKs posted:

I'm on hold with CPS atm

Already turning into a cookie clicker thread?

And, yes, greetings to all whether or not you have a key. Will be interesting to see what the first challenges/etc are since this is my first TGR thread ever.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello, it's me, the winner.

I will be cool and totally won't stab you all in the back too hard. I mean, there will be stabbing but I'll be nice about it. Give you a hug, maybe make some hot chocolate for you to enjoy while bleeding out. Y'know, what nice people do.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I will be cool and totally won't stab you all in the back too hard. I mean, there will be stabbing but I'll be nice about it. Give you a hug, maybe make some hot chocolate for you to enjoy while bleeding out. Y'know, what nice people do.

Ahem. Check your betrayer privilege.

I'm Rarity, I'm British but I hate tea. I post in TVIV and PSP and you may know me from the Game of Thrones OPs. I'll be sure to warn of you my backstabbing by stabbing you in the back :smug:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Sentient Data posted:

Already turning into a cookie clicker thread?

What does that mean oh god I don't want any cookies :gonk:

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Hi, I'm the clown. I'll try not to stab you too many times, but there will be stabbing. I may or may not offer you tea and scones before I throw you to the curb!

I work in tech support. I teach idiots who don't believe in using more than two brain cells at a time how to use their computers for a living.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

fireWARKs posted:

What does that mean oh god I don't want any cookies :gonk:

YOU'LL TAKE YOUR COOKIES AND YOU'LL LIKE IT

And I envy you for not knowing what Cookie Clicker is

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

So much stabbing in the back. Why don't we stab from the side instead?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Toadsmash posted:

And I envy you for not knowing what Cookie Clicker is

Yeah I agree with this. Don't let the Granny suck up all your time.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Go for the eyes. All the better when they see it coming!

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Dr. Hurt posted:

:ese: SHANK SHANK SHANK :ese:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Hurt posted:

But then we'd miss out on all that exciting kidney action :(

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Someone make an alliance with me, this sux

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

JakeP posted:

Someone make an alliance with me, this sux

For the horde?.. Wait, we're actually doing this now? Figured it would wait until at least the first vote or whatever

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Rarity posted:

But then we'd miss out on all that exciting kidney action :(

But then it's easier and less visible to put the zipper on the inevitable skinsuit. It's like you're not even thinking about all the possibilities.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Why didn't anyone tell me this has started!?

Or more precisely, why was I so busy building dumb islands in Godus that I didn't notice this going live.

I'm good at games, for realz. You all better be ready to bring the pain, or I'll bring the things. I'm here to win and oh god why is everyone so much cooler than me?

Uhmm... let's have a nice, clean game?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

Or more precisely, why did I buy Godus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dammit Peter Molyneux, haven't you done enough already! :argh:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I considered buying Godus and then I read the reviews. I remember the keynote from the last PAX was just Peter Molyneux going on about that game for an hour instead of, y'know, doing a keynote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I considered buying Godus and then I read it was designed by Peter Molyneux

• Locked thread