Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Is there even a function for randomly generating numbers in binds? I want my Good Vibes Weapon bind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
No there is not

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Eyke posted:

reading over the last few pages makes me feel like i missed a lot.

Negative.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Jeoh posted:

Is there even a function for randomly generating numbers in binds? I want my Good Vibes Weapon bind.

Does the "buyrandom" command work on competitive?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Jeoh posted:

Make a small AHK script that will press a random buy bind key.

Or, just buy Swag-Off/SWAG-7 + Deagle, the ultimate good vibes buy no matter what.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

NihilCredo posted:

Make a small AHK script that will press a random buy bind key.

Or, just buy Swag-Off/SWAG-7 + Deagle, the ultimate good vibes buy no matter what.

P250 UMP is cheaper and better in every situation.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

You're wrong

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

Except in good vibe situations

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jeoh posted:

You could make it so that spinning your mousewheel rotates through some set of aliases that set a buy command to different weapons!

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

kaschei posted:

You could make it so that spinning your mousewheel rotates through some set of aliases that set a buy command to different weapons!

Write a program that writes a random buy statement every x seconds into a .cfg file and exec it from your bind

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Does buyrandom not work outside of deathmatch?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

whoknew posted:

Write a program that writes a random buy statement every x seconds into a .cfg file and exec it from your bind

I think this would actually work...

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Necc0 posted:

I think this would actually work...

Why wouldn't it? Depending on your operating/file system you could also watch for accesses and do the randomization each time it is accessed by Source. :drugnerd:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I dunno about CS:GO but I believe Quake games would load the game files when the game was launched and then not look at the disk again. Certainly it needs to be this way for pure files, if they're only checked once.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

kaschei posted:

I dunno about CS:GO but I believe Quake games would load the game files when the game was launched and then not look at the disk again. Certainly it needs to be this way for pure files, if they're only checked once.

exec reads the file every time

Just Horizontal
Jul 11, 2011

whoknew posted:

AHK script that just spams a random number every 0.05s for a fully randomised loadout.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Jeoh posted:

You're wrong

I am never wrong.

Check your vibes.

whoknew posted:

Please write me one of these for my shittalk binds.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

whoknew posted:

Why wouldn't it? Depending on your operating/file system you could also watch for accesses and do the randomization each time it is accessed by Source. :drugnerd:

Yeah the only thing I was thinking was if it preloaded the scripts at launch or if it re-read each time. drat I think I've found a weekend project.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Can you buy stuff from a cfg file? So if I have
code:
buy weapon_p250
inside weapon.cfg for example and in your autoexec put
code:
bind kp_ins "exec weapon.cfg"
will that buy a p250 in game?

IronDoge fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 30, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Ironsights posted:

Can you buy stuff from a cfg file?

Yep.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Necc0 posted:

Yeah the only thing I was thinking was if it preloaded the scripts at launch or if it re-read each time. drat I think I've found a weekend project.

Yeah, the way I'd do it:

1. create app that looks in csgo/cfgs for files named *.cfg.options
2. pick a random line in each x.cfg.options file and write it to x.cfg every x seconds

Then you could use this for any number of annoybinds, random buying, and pretty much anything else.

I'd build it but I don't write code for M$ Window$$$$$ so you should go for it.

whoknew fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 30, 2014

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

In that case here's my hacked together solution.

First, you run this bat file:
code:
@echo off
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
SET cspath=%1
rem Pistols (Starter pistols not included)
SET weapon[0]=weapon_p250; weapon_cz75a
SET weapon[1]=weapon_tec9; weapon_fiveseven
SET weapon[2]=weapon_deagle
SET weapon[3]=weapon_elite
rem SMGs
SET weapon[4]=weapon_mp9; weapon_mac10
SET weapon[5]=weapon_mp7
SET weapon[6]=weapon_ump45
SET weapon[7]=weapon_p90
SET weapon[8]=weapon_bizon
rem Rifles
SET weapon[9]=weapon_m4a1; weapon_ak47
SET weapon[10]=weapon_aug; weapon_sg556
SET weapon[11]=weapon_famas; weapon_galilar
SET weapon[12]=weapon_ssg08
SET weapon[13]=weapon_awp
SET weapon[14]=weapon_scar20; weapon_G3SG1
rem Heavy
SET weapon[15]=weapon_nova
SET weapon[16]=weapon_mag7; weapon_sawedoff
SET weapon[17]=weapon_xm1014
SET weapon[18]=weapon_negev
SET weapon[19]=weapon_m249
:start
cls
SET /A test=%RANDOM% * 20 / 32768
echo CS:GO Random Weapon Generator
echo Random gun: !weapon[%test%]!
echo buy !weapon[%test%]! > %cspath%/randomweapon.cfg
ping 192.0.2.2 -n 1 -w 2000 >NUL
echo.
GOTO :start
This takes one parameter of wherever your cfg directory is. So to run it just run
code:
C:\randomweapon.bat C:\your_counterstrike_dir\cfg
In your autoexec add:
code:
bind kp_ins "exec randomweapon.cfg"
So every time you hit insert it will buy whatever weapon happens to be in the file. It changes every 2 seconds, which of course can be shortened.

Comments? I'm at work at the moment, so can't test this till later today.

IronDoge fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 30, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Ironsights posted:

Comments? I'm at work at the moment, so can't test this till later today.

Nice arcane bat trickery! Only works for the weapons use case though. A generalized solution would be cool to have too.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

What else did you want to randomize? You could change it out for pretty much anything.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Ironsights posted:

What else did you want to randomize? You could change it out for pretty much anything.

Chat spam binds? I'm just saying you could also do it like I posted before and it would be easier to configure/have multiple random.cfg's. :shrug:

Altimor
Dec 11, 2013

The Deag can be wonderful with proper positioning, unlike the P250 it's actually useful at range if you have cover and if you're close 2 bodyshots will kill through kevlar faster than an M4/AK can hit you 4 times.

Buying 2 weapons on an eco is very wrong by the way.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Altimor posted:

Buying 2 weapons on an eco is very wrong by the way.
Who said anything about eco

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Amber Alert posted:

Except in good vibe situations

Good vibes would be dual elites and mp9.

Altimor
Dec 11, 2013

NihilCredo posted:

Who said anything about eco

I don't know what these "good vibes" are but as a tryhard who derives no enjoyment from the game I don't approve.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

de_mist best new map NA 2014

whoknew fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 30, 2014

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

whoknew posted:

Chat spam binds? I'm just saying you could also do it like I posted before and it would be easier to configure/have multiple random.cfg's. :shrug:

You could just alias all the chat binds and have the batch file call up the aliases, or just imput the chat binds directly into the batch file. It's not too bad since you'll be entering the binds somewhere anyway.

Of course, a true xp-approved shittalk bind generator with a fancy gui and poo poo would be much better.

Altimor posted:

The Deag can be wonderful with proper positioning, unlike the P250 it's actually useful at range

For certain spots maybe. The P250 can kill with 1 headshot then 1 bodyshot (probably) at most ranges, just like a M4. The deag is great at range, but lovely when you have to switch to close range.

edit: added a 5

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 30, 2014

spiderlemur
Nov 6, 2010
First version of GoodVibes.exe is ready! I threw this together in about 20 minutes, and I didn't actually test it in game but it writes to the files properly so it should be working.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0rhjuw0wtkd8wu/GoodVibes.exe

Place it in it's own folder somewhere and run it, it'll generate a config file called app.cfg. One of the parameters inside that config is your CS:GO directory, so make sure that's set properly (it will display an error for this).

If it can find your CS:GO directory, it will proceed and create another config called commands.cfg, this is where you place a list of commands that you want to be picked at random for your bind. Separate them on each line and write them exactly as you would type them in the console.

Based on the config name you picked in app.config, it will place a file called vibes.cfg (default name) in your CS:GO directory/csgo/cfg and put a random line from commands.cfg in there every 500ms by default, which you can also adjust in app.config. Bad things might happen if you set this too low, but setting it low allows you to spam your bind more often without getting the same command.

You would then make an in-game bind to exec vibes.cfg (or whatever you named it in app.cfg) like so:

bind p "exec vibes.cfg"

Everytime you press P, you'll get something random out of commands.cfg

edit: Oh, and you can change commands.cfg without reloading the program, it will read from it again if the file changes.

edit2: the random algorithm wasn't so random and I fixed it, redownload the program if you grabbed it before my edit.

spiderlemur fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 31, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

spiderlemur posted:

First version of GoodVibes.exe is ready! I threw this together in about 20 minutes, and I didn't actually test it in game but it writes to the files properly so it should be working.

Place it in it's own folder somewhere and run it, it'll generate a config file called app.cfg. One of the parameters inside that config is your CS:GO directory, so make sure that's set properly (it will display an error for this).

If it can find your CS:GO directory, it will proceed and create another config called commands.cfg, this is where you place a list of commands that you want to be picked at random for your bind. Separate them on each line and write them exactly as you would type them in the console.

Based on the config name you picked in app.config, it will place a file called vibes.cfg (default name) in your CS:GO directory/csgo/cfg and put a random line from commands.cfg in there every 500ms by default, which you can also adjust in app.config. Bad things might happen if you set this too low, but setting it low allows you to spam your bind more often without getting the same command.

You would then make an in-game bind to exec vibes.cfg (or whatever you named it in app.cfg) like so:

bind p "exec vibes.cfg"

edit: Oh, and you can change commands.cfg without reloading the program, it will read from it again crash if the file changes.

edit2: the random algorithm wasn't so random and I fixed it, redownload the program if you grabbed it before my edit.
Greatly looking forward to the wave of GO:ON VAC bans. Have fun!

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

spiderlemur posted:

First version of GoodVibes.exe is ready!

Great! I'll get it running on an alt account to test it.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

spiderlemur posted:

bind p "exec vibes.cfg"

edit: Oh, and you can change commands.cfg without reloading the program, it will read from it again crash if the file changes.

Thanks a bunch. Adding this to the OP

spiderlemur
Nov 6, 2010

whoknew posted:

By the way, I tried this and CS:GO doesn't seem to change the LastAccess property on the file, nor does reading it with Notepad or anything. I can only get an event to raise if the file is actually changed, so that's a bummer.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

spiderlemur posted:

By the way, I tried this and CS:GO doesn't seem to change the LastAccess property on the file, nor does reading it with Notepad or anything. I can only get an event to raise if the file is actually changed, so that's a bummer.

NTFS is weird.

Also, not sure if cole was joking (never am) but there's no way this could possibly cause you to be vac banned.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

whoknew posted:

there's no way this could possibly cause you to be vac banned.

Cole's an idiot. I am trial-running it. If I get banned (I won't), then everyone wins. Unban xp.

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 31, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

http://operationl2p.com/crosshairgenerator/

New crosshair generator that's better than the old one every passes around, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altimor
Dec 11, 2013

For certain spots maybe. The P250 can kill with 1 headshot then 1 bodyshot (probably) at most ranges, just like a M4. The deag is great at range, but lovely when you have to switch to close range.

edit: added a 5

Yes but in many cases is too absurdly inaccurate to actually hit the headshot. The deag is also good up close if you're close enough to hit 2 rapid bodyshots.

• Locked thread