Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Well that's better than nothing a thing.

Hopefully ABC do it on grandstand digital?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

SEN have been advertising the poo poo out of it so probably!

God i am going to radio the poo poo out of footy this year, anything to shut brian taylor up.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
J4G Crybaby :frogout:

ewe2 posted:

God i am going to radio the poo poo out of footy this year, anything to shut brian taylor up.

I thought I was the only one who turned on the footy, turned the sound off and put radio commentary on.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
He used to be a really good commentator.

Kill all television producers

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
What's the reason Mitch Clark needs his own name written on his back?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

The Deadly Hume posted:

He wanted to get ahead of the curve with the one round trial coming in this year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I believe AFLTV is going to be airing the NAB cup for free, as well.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Gough Suppressant posted:

He wanted to get ahead of the curve with the one round trial coming in this year.

:golfclap:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

The Deadly Hume posted:

thats what happens after spending too much time in queensland

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

I believe AFLTV is going to be airing the NAB cup for free, as well.

*Service not available in Australia.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

realbez posted:

*Service not available in Australia.

I know that, but I can't be the only one in this thread watching from outside of straya.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

while footy shorts are really comfy to bum around in and run in i wish the ones they sold in stores came with key pockets on the inside. screw authenticity i want practicality

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

davmo1 posted:

I thought I was the only one who turned on the footy, turned the sound off and put radio commentary on.

I struggle with it every year actually. I find the delay annoying, but the drivel from the TV presenters reminds me why the sound is off. ABC Grandstand for me normally.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

didnt someone in this or the cricket thread find some gadget that put in an adjustable delay to radio so you can solve this very problem?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I thought it was the opposite and that you need something to delay your tv I think, since ABC radio is a few seconds delayed.

Edit: you could probably do it with a DVR, record while watching, pause for a few seconds, play again.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 9, 2014

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

snaeksikn posted:

didnt someone in this or the cricket thread find some gadget that put in an adjustable delay to radio so you can solve this very problem?

It's in the OP, search for sportsync. :)

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Nm, must have been thinking of the digital radio delay not internet/analogue

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

It's in the OP, search for sportsync. :)

Cheers, I'm harassing the local distributor for the latest model which is a digital PLL radio.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I thought it was the opposite and that you need something to delay your tv I think, since ABC radio is a few seconds delayed.

Edit: you could probably do it with a DVR, record while watching, pause for a few seconds, play again.
I think with the digital TV the TV's usually delayed to the point where I can get scores spoiled by Twitter.

It's not like they have to put radio on delay just in case Gerard Whateley breaks out the blue.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

hiddenmovement posted:

He used to be a really good commentator.

Kill all television producers

Agreed, but he was always a poor man's Darryl Eastlake.

But this has always been the gold standard of footy commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ZWrBqsAtM

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

spamman posted:

Agreed, but he was always a poor man's Darryl Eastlake.

But this has always been the gold standard of footy commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ZWrBqsAtM

I end up firing this up every six months or so and end up with a dumb grin every time :3:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Whatever happened to that Bana fellow anyway. He got into race cars or something didn't he?

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Bit late but fantastic OP.

As the only Lions supporter I feel obligated to throw in a toxx - if the Lions finish bottom 4 in 2014 I'll buy an avatar of the threads choice and wear it til round 1, 2015.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The reply from the Australian distributor of sportsync was surprising:

quote:

Hi ewe2

The short answer is no I don't stock the SR 202.

I had so many recalls and failed 101's that I wasn't prepared to work
with that company again. I have been negotiating with a manufacturer in China but they are setting a minimum buy of 3000 units and clearly that number is way too high for the Australian market..
If any thing changes I will let you know but for now a 16 second delay radio does not look promising.

I do have stocks of a more reliable and far better 8 second delay which is covers the delay in some areas of Australia.
Sorry I am not able to be of more help

Cheers, etc

So I'll inquire about the 8 second delay one and get back to you guys. Normally the delay isn't more than 5 seconds here in Victoria, so it might work for me.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
On the topic of the sports sync radio, I have one and it does an ok job.
The biggest issue I have with it is that when you delay the radio it sounds like absolute shite.
There is no stereo sound and the commentary sounds like it's a bunch of blokes shouting into a mic from the other end of a warehouse!

This is a good guide for people who might want to give this a try and not buy the radio.
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/01/how-to-sync-radio-cricket-commentary-with-tv-broadcasts/

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Step 12. Goodbye Mark Nicholas.

Noice.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

gay picnic defence posted:

Step 12. Goodbye Mark Nicholas.

Noice.

He is probably the least worst of them all these days.
Fire Michael 'Slats' Slater directly into the sun tks.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
12 new posts since last night... oh nvm it's just about a wanna be's tattoo.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

davmo1 posted:

12 new posts since last night... oh nvm it's just about a wanna be's tattoo.

It could be worse, he could have put his name on his jumper of all things.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014

hiddenmovement posted:

It could be worse, he could have put his name on his jumper of all things.

Oh the horror

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Lol, our forward line on Friday doesnt have Clark, Hogan or Dawes in it :laffo:

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Gonna be rough but I spose that's what this competition is for. Will be interesting seeing Howe as full-forward (I'm assuming). Who else will be there? Gawn? I know Roos said Pederson will probably play down there.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

PTizzle posted:

Gonna be rough but I spose that's what this competition is for. Will be interesting seeing Howe as full-forward (I'm assuming). Who else will be there? Gawn? I know Roos said Pederson will probably play down there.

Yeah Gawn and Howe almost certainly, Pederson unfortunately quite probable.

Can't imagine they would stick Watts down there since it would interfere with his midfield run.

gently caress knows what we'll do honestly.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Muyb/Dickwit/Most Melbourne supporters 2007-2014 : gently caress knows what we'll do honestly.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

hiddenmovement posted:

Muyb/Dickwit/Most Melbourne supporters 2007-2014 : gently caress knows what we'll do honestly.

Well previously I assumed we'd just flail around ineffectually, Roos being in charge makes me think there is some sort of plan its just that I have no idea what it is.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Also I really hope Frawley doesn't leave. Frawley, Garland, Mcdonald down back and Clark, Hogan, Howe up front is in theory one of the better lineups in the league imo, just needs a passable midfield to support it and theres the rub.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Late to the party, but couldn't you just VPN/Proxy AFLTV?

Also if you don't have a lanyard for your keys, you're a drongo.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014

Diet Crack posted:

Late to the party, but couldn't you just VPN/Proxy AFLTV?

Also if you don't have a lanyard for your keys, you're a drongo.

I literally have two keys, car key and front door key.... I'd be stupid to put a lanyard on that poo poo.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

You can keep them dropped for round 1 as well if you like... well except for Dawes because lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
ONE MORE DAY

ONE MORE DAY

Also laffo at the Blues v Pies rivalry shirt.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/2/bizarre-proposed-afl-star-wars-t-shirt-designs-lost-in-space/

• Locked thread