Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Glory to the Many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen

ThatPazuzu posted:

Here's our first option:
King
Type: Nice Guy
Dislikes: War, Wastefulness
He's very feminine and healthy but also poor and reckless.

He's a self described "nice guy" and calls himself King. No thank you.

This is cracking me up for some reason. "I like squirrels" :downs: What a catch!

SirArthurIV
Feb 15, 2014
For the woman with a humiliation fetish.

Please tell me you can make them wear a tubetop and daisy dukes.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Devious Vacuum posted:

I'm already on it.

EDIT:

This was way harder than I thought it would be.

Coincidence? I think not.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

SirArthurIV posted:

Please tell me you can make them wear a tubetop and daisy dukes.

No, but you can make them wear speedos and something called a "stripper costume."

Like I said, apparently you can have them break up with you if you insult them enough... but you can slap them and knock them around and they'll just smile.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

ThatPazuzu posted:

Ace
Type: Alphamale
Dislikes: 2nd Place, Clowns
He's a stud muffin.

Yes, yessss. I can not resists this Alphamale's charm.

I cannot tell you how loving great this is, holy poo poo.

Just goes to show you how those FEMALES will always pass over a NICE GUY for an ALPHA MALE, am I right menz?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Oh, I was seeing the other types of guys. We've got Nice Guys, Alpha Males, Geeks, Metrosexuals, and Urban. My potential "urban" boyfriend likes tupac, dislikes "the po po" and was named Duke.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I think I have just the game for this thread, but my current computer can only handle screenshots right now. You'll just have to imagine the ridiculously over the top music, then.

HelmetCondenser
Nov 7, 2009
I saw virtual Boyfriend, and knew that I had to play it.

The man I found was Joshua.

Dislikes: Bullies, Idiots

He's super sexy and feminine. PERFECT

The dating started off pretty normal, with me just praising the gently caress out of everything he did to gain levels. He kept rejecting any physical contact though...and used pickup lines on me even though we were already dating???

He was totally infatuated with me, proclaiming things like "A girl who likes video games? I think I've died and gone to heaven!" and "Now if you do cosplay, that's a dream come true!"

Then things took a different turn: "You're even nicer than my mom!"

Finally, at Level 8, I gained WARIO POWERS:

But Joshua began to come unhinged.

I was determined to make the relationship work, so I continued to praise him to hell and back, hug him, and even cleaned his house! He got mad as gently caress about the cleaning, declaring "Don't move my stuff around!"

I kissed him, but he insulted my breath. JOSHUA, PLEASE.

At level 10, he started saying things like this:

I was getting fed up with him by this point, but I soldiered on. When I hit level 11, I finally got the power I needed:

Alas, in a cruel twist of fate, I never got the chance to scream at Joshua for being a godawful redditor:

Joshua then booted me to the main menu.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

HelmetCondenser posted:

I saw virtual Boyfriend, and knew that I had to play it.

The man I found was Joshua.

Dislikes: Bullies, Idiots

He's super sexy and feminine. PERFECT

The dating started off pretty normal, with me just praising the gently caress out of everything he did to gain levels. He kept rejecting any physical contact though...and used pickup lines on me even though we were already dating???

He was totally infatuated with me, proclaiming things like "A girl who likes video games? I think I've died and gone to heaven!" and "Now if you do cosplay, that's a dream come true!"

Then things took a different turn: "You're even nicer than my mom!"

Finally, at Level 8, I gained WARIO POWERS:

But Joshua began to come unhinged.

I was determined to make the relationship work, so I continued to praise him to hell and back, hug him, and even cleaned his house! He got mad as gently caress about the cleaning, declaring "Don't move my stuff around!"

I kissed him, but he insulted my breath. JOSHUA, PLEASE.

At level 10, he started saying things like this:

I was getting fed up with him by this point, but I soldiered on. When I hit level 11, I finally got the power I needed:

Alas, in a cruel twist of fate, I never got the chance to scream at Joshua for being a godawful redditor:

Joshua then booted me to the main menu.
oh god. I haven't even played this game and I feel like I got trolled by it.

AsteriskAsterisk
Sep 18, 2010

HelmetCondenser, get Platinum. It's the only way we are going to be able to keep seeing your posts.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Ahahaha, I was just getting bad jokes so I just thought that's all Virtual Boyfriends could say. How wrong I was.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

"I've been blessed with the red pill, m'lady. You have nothing to fear and everything to love. :smuggo:"

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Slightly off topic, but I thought the thread would like this after the Mitt Romney dress up game; Gay Putin Dress Up!

e: timg'd

a glitch fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 5, 2014

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Eggn0g posted:

Gay Putin Dress Up!

:stonk: Holy poo poo! That is hilarious!

Any chance you could timg the picture? It's really big.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Gay Putin Dress Up is great.

:siren: Update time! :siren:

with Sweet and Awful

In this video, some girl games happen. I don't even know anymore. Girl Games.

Also it WAS Seaking! Ha HA! I know about Pokemon.

Devious Vacuum fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 6, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Pokemon dress up is a very appropriate way to celebrate Ash Wednesday.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I see no problem with cosplay.

Regarding Pokemon cosplay, I saw a group of women doing Vaporeon Flareon and Jolteon costumes in the form of elegant kimono; it was actually really cool.

ThatPazuzu posted:

Pokemon dress up is a very appropriate way to celebrate Ash Wednesday.

You deserve an award. And to be injured.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Those arm tattoos are called Mendi, that's traditional for Indian brides to get! This game only had it on the forearms, which is something only the bridal accompaniment gets. Bridal Mendi encompasses your hands (including the palms) and usually goes all the way up your arms. It stains into your skin and stays there for a long time. When I got it done it took almost 4 months to fade.

I love the "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" cover there, btw.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 6, 2014

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
You know, I've seen horses as part of wedding processions before, and that is fairly traditional, but no, we don't usually have loving elephants roaming around.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Jenner posted:

Those arm tattoos are called Mendi, that's traditional for Indian brides to get! This game only had it on the forearms, which is something only the bridal accompaniment gets. Bridal Mendi encompasses your hands (including the palms) and usually goes all the way up your arms. It stains into your skin and stays there for a long time. When I got it done it took almost 4 months to fade.

I love the "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" cover there, btw.

Oh, neat! I got the feeling the game wasn't complete garbage, but it's hard to tell what is and isn't garbage after you've lived through Tribal Girl Dress-Up.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Devious Vacuum posted:

Oh, neat! I got the feeling the game wasn't complete garbage, but it's hard to tell what is and isn't garbage after you've lived through Tribal Girl Dress-Up.

It even had appropriate Muslim Saris and Lehengas, I'm actually gonna give that game a pass and a decent rating for at least knowing a bit about Indian weddings (and acknowledging the existence of Muslim ones! Which is bonus points IMHO.)

When you introduced it I was expecting something much less tasteful which just goes to show where you've put me mentally, Girls Games.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
I don't see any options for Putin other than going full Zardoz.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

When I thought I had heard enough of Pretty Fly for a White Guy, I had to hear it in the ~desu~ version.

:cripes:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
On the topic of surprisingly accurate girl games, pretty much all of the first-aid in the babysitting game lines up with the training one receives when getting their babysitter's certification! Even the silly looking recovery position! Its purpose is to hold the head in a stable position with the windpipe fully open so that the babysitter can take care of anything else that needs taken care of without worrying about the child suffocating. Really the only thing I saw wrong with it was that the configuration of the hands during the chest compression was inappropriate for a kid that small.

It has been a few years since I was last certified though so I may have missed out misremembered something.

Sweet and Awful
Oct 26, 2013
Hi! It was really fun being in this episode even if I'm not fully caught up with the LP. Hope I was at least amusing since I didn't really have anything interesting to say.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Speaking of games being dangerous for young girls, I'm not so sure about that First Aid game.

Aren't you not supposed to use CPR on small children or the elderly due to potential to cause serious harm including cracked or broken ribs?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

RaspberryCommie posted:

Aren't you not supposed to use CPR on small children or the elderly due to potential to cause serious harm including cracked or broken ribs?

I'm pretty sure it's just a modified procedure, like using fingertips instead of the palm for the chest compressions and covering nose and mouth while giving rescue breaths instead of pinching the nose shut. As bad as cracked ribs may be, not breathing is always a worse problem that should really be sorted out as soon as possible.

Boner Police
Mar 5, 2014

by Ralp
i'm new is this a gag

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Boner Police posted:

i'm new is this a gag
This is girl games, son. Stare into the abyss with us.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
More like 'gag me with a spoon.' :wink:

Kill me.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
For infants its fingertip chest compressions, young children you can give proper CPR just be sure to not push down too hard. The ratio is meant to be 30 compressions : 2 breaths though.

Like Nidoking said, if you're not breathing you're not going to feel a cracked rib and even if you did, the alternative (i.e. death) is probably less preferable.

Boner Police
Mar 5, 2014

by Ralp
i'm not a girl but i will check my male privilege before posting in this thread in the future.

a future in which estrogen injections are mandatory administered by robots with hard metal (empowered) breasts

in all seriousness this is actually hilarious

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nidoking posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just a modified procedure, like using fingertips instead of the palm for the chest compressions and covering nose and mouth while giving rescue breaths instead of pinching the nose shut. As bad as cracked ribs may be, not breathing is always a worse problem that should really be sorted out as soon as possible.

I think when I learned I was told two fingers for infants and one hand for children. Although the risk of shock in this case sort of introduces a danger even touching the baby - although I'm sure there are lots more people qualified then me here to talk about it.

E:fb

That being said, the semi-prone position is actually a thing, so that was pretty cool to see.

To be honest, I was mostly distracted because I heard ~anime~ music back in the Indian Wedding game and was distracted trying to remember where it was from.

RobotBob
Mar 20, 2011
Edit: beaten to the punch on the hand positioning ^^^^^

In the UK, to minimise damage, we use one hand for chest compressions on a child (two fingers for an infant), and you do it to a third of the depth of the kid's chest.
Also you'd only need to cover the nose as well if it was a baby/infant, where it's more difficult to pinch the nose cause it's squidgy.

At least the game raises raises awareness on CPR, though probably it should have a disclaimer about doing It untrained, or tell you where to find out more information. (Or do I have high expectations for these game creators?)

Interestingly there was an advertising campaign in the uk that told people to do compressions only, to the beat of "staying alive", if you've never been trained.

RobotBob fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 6, 2014

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Boner Police posted:

i'm not a girl but i will check my male privilege before posting in this thread in the future.

a future in which estrogen injections are mandatory administered by robots with hard metal (empowered) breasts

in all seriousness this is actually hilarious

I can't even understand what the gently caress you're trying to say. This might have been funny if you weren't so bad at writing. I mean, it still wouldn't be funny, but at least it'd be readable.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
No no no! Please don't shock the baby!

Lemur Crisis
May 6, 2009

What will you do?
Where can you run?

My Face When posted:

When I thought I had heard enough of Pretty Fly for a White Guy, I had to hear it in the ~desu~ version.

:cripes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-AeyBkqqJs

And I bet you thought there wasn't a whole album of covers like that, too. http://www.youtube.com/user/BetsuniNandemonai/videos

Kennisiou
Jun 5, 2013

Lemur Crisis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-AeyBkqqJs

And I bet you thought there wasn't a whole album of covers like that, too. http://www.youtube.com/user/BetsuniNandemonai/videos

I remember this album. Mostly they're, like, funny bad but the Blondie cover is actually really good.

Edit: My favorite is Ruby Soho because the voice actress has trouble pronouncing it and it constantly comes out sounding like "Lubey Sore-whore" which is just wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nidoking posted:

That's just for infants, if it's children then it's the same procedure I think. You'll need to use less force, I'm sure, but you'll still want about 2 inches of depression when doing it.

CPR actually works best with children, simply because their bones are more pliable and much less likely to break.

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 6, 2014

• Locked thread