Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Did I ever tell you the time I met your grandfather? It was just after the war. Now, your grandfather was in the navy. Or was it the army? No, no it was definitely the navy, because when I saw him for the first time he was in civilian dress but with his little sailor's hat. Or was he wearing his uniform? No, it was definitely your grandfather. I do so miss him.

Have I ever told you the time I first met him? He was in the army coming back from the war, and his sweetie, a girl by the name of Beatrice, I believe, Beatrice Boykin, yes. No, Beatrice Boykin was my neighbor back when we lived in Decatur. You know, that house was a splendid place to live, right next to the school and our church. A little blue house on a hill. 'Course it's not there anymore, what with the city and all. I do miss it though.

Your grandfather once tried to fix the roof one summer, and, oh bless his heart but the look on his face when it started to downpour out of nowhere. I hadn't seen him so out of sorts since... did I ever tell you how he and I first met? It was after the war, he had just come off his boat, and his girl back home had gotten herself hitched to another man. I believe her name was Beth. She was in some of my classes, and she was a looker for her time, she even gave your old grandmama a run for her money.

One time we were opponents in a spelling bee, and at the last moment, I got... what word did I get, oh it was so appropriate... clavicle. That's the one. I broke my clavicle playing outside with the boys when I was younger. I was climbing a tree, fell and broke it. Or was I jumping in the stream? No, no I was jumping into the stream from a tree. The tree was this old oak your great-uncle Charlie and I would play in. We'd sit there for hours pretending we were... what was that?

Oh, I guess it was nothing.

Did I ever tell you the time I met your grandfather?

Welcome to this game of checkers! I'm not sure if more than two people can play checkers at the same time, but I'm sure we can share and make it work. You know I was at Wal-Mart the other day and I bought a game of Chinese checkers, that looks like it can handle more people. Do we want to play that instead?

Welcome to this game of Chinese checkers. The aim of the game is to move the little marbles around until you can jump other players', like in normal checkers. Now I've only played this a few times, despite it being a "traditional" game, be easy on your poor ole Grandmama. If you need instructions, all the rules are probably in the instruction manual or this flash thingy. What? Oh, no, there are no surprises, just the skill of the game.

Wait I thought we were playing checkers. Why do you all have marbles out? If you wanted to play marbles you should have asked. You know, when I was a kid, me and the other kids on our block would get together and shoot marbles. We draw the circle in some sand and stand in a group. We'd simply say whether we wanted to play or be a replacement, whether or not they want private messages, and their address, in case they had to go home early. They nicknamed me "Raven" on account of my dark hair. Your father took after me, too, but you and your sisters both got unlucky, looking like little blarney Irish scamps, just like your mother.

The standard marbles rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of marbles." But, even when I was young I was never a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. Just remember it's all for fun, and if Timmy, Tommy? Oh hon I am sorry, it is Tommy though right? Yes, if Tom wins a marble from Mary, don't come crying to me about it. Your father left me in charge, and I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do, and I will not tolerate tears during playtime!

Oh, we're not playing marbles? Well then let's just play checkers, I already have the board, let me just set it up for you all.

Now when we used to play checkers, we'd always say, "jumping jehosephat!" after jumping more than two checkers at a time. It's a, a unique quirk, let's all shout ##JUMPING before re##JEHOSEPHATING, wouldn't that be fun?

Now you don't want to take too long with a move, either. Here, I have an egg timer, I'll set it to go off after a minute or so, if you haven't made a move by then we'll poke you and get you to do something. If you have a reason why you're not moving, like if you want a sandwich or some juice, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. Does anyone want some juice? I have orange juice, apple juice, and... I'm going to make some sandwiches for you all.

James, "ain't" isn't in the dictionary. Try to speak properly, you are all going to be adults some day, and the words you use reflect who you are.

Does everyone want baloney on their sandwiches? Okay, I'll put some baloney on everyone's. Oh? If you don't like it, then, I guess, let me, I have some salad in here for you. I thought I had some salad. What did I do with the salad? Oh, no, that's right, I gave it to Pete's rabbit. Or was it Laura's rabbit? No, Laura has the fish. A little floating goldfish.

Wait, how many people are playing again?

1)

Replacements:
-

:h: Oh are we playing cards? I thought we were playing checkers.
:d:

:c:

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Gaze unto the mouth of madness

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

In to play with lean'd out grandma.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ill play

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

In for a turkey

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Type cast me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Okay I'm looking for someone to play a dude that is awful at mafia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

Okay I'm looking for someone to play a dude that is awful at mafia

if i wanted to jack your steez I'd have a terrible comic as my avatar

wait poo poo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hi

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
That's six people! We can get maybe three more that would make a full house, see, that's a card term, it's when you have all the cards you need. If you're going to play cards with Grandmama you need to be on your toes! Heh heh heh!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want to be Uncle Jesse

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will play.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Join me up to this Mafia game~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll be a replacement, unless you start after Wednesday, then I'll play.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
That's nine! My favorite number. Yippee!

Expect the game to go up Wednesday, apparently.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Cool! See you guys a week from Monday!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Game starts tomorrow, I'm tentatively pumped.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hah, look at this guy, all full of hope

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Don't ruin this for him man

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This game is a farce.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I still have hope Ecco will begin the game within the next 6 hours.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You got this ecco, I believe in you!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Oh? Does someone want me for something? Oh dear, let me get my glasses...

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Asiina posted:

You got this ecco, I believe in you!

Less than 3 hours :ohdear:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nuh-uh, floating.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tremendous Taste posted:

Nuh-uh, floating.

:rant:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
3 more PMs to go, but I'm headed to bed. Sorry not sorry! Expect the game to go up tomorrow evening.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

It's okay, if it didn't have a delayed start it wouldn't be an Ecco game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Now kids, did I ever tell you about my trip to Paris? Oh, it was a marvelous time, your Grandfather and I... well... we... we took a plane, or, or was it a boat? No, it was a plane, I can't stand boats. I was once on a rowboat with your great grandfather and I threw up all over him. Wait, did I really, or did I just read about it? Hm... No matter.
"I suppose if I went to Paris we saw the tower, there. But, hm, I don't seem to recall a tower. Maybe it was a museum? Or, or..."
She grimaces and shakes her head before going to the other room.

:s: Lomil, My Trip to Paris, Vanilla (town-aligned), has been forgotten night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1
:h: With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to be forgotten.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Monday, June 2nd, ~11PM EDT.

Player List:
1) Asiina
2) Captain Foo
3) Grandicap
4) Ixtlilton
5) JakeP
6) Meinberg
7) Opopanax
8) The Ninth Layer Juanito
9) Tremendous Taste

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 31, 2014

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Confirmed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Confirmed, I am a house

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Confirmed, I am a house

Are you this house?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abnkwyKRqWo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If that house is from Decatur maybe

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Who is even playing in this game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote ixtilton was so excited for this to start and now is no where to be seen. BOOK 'EM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh, finally. ##vote ix
TUR-BO TUR-BO

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol so loving much if he gets turboed before he gets to post in this game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007