Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

real dilemma posted:

If I didn't know better I'd say the lightning strike effect after the 2 hs on Aztec was added in post, what a masterpiece

Nah that was ingame, you died if it hit you. (seriously).

I was reminded of other utterly bizzare map features, like the electricity field designed to stop terrorists from camping spawn on de_foption - A bug meant that you could press the button at the end of the round, and 5 seconds later (at the start of the next round) it would nuke the spawn and kill all the terrorists :downsgun:

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I miss the secret room in mill.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I think the lighting/thunder went off when a person crossed a certain point of the map on aztec but i don't really remember that well.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Nation posted:

I think the lighting/thunder went off when a person crossed a certain point of the map on aztec but i don't really remember that well.

There was a lightning trigger when someone crossed the bridge, for sure. There may have been another one but I forget.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Nation posted:

There were two, it would thunder if you walked up the stairs from the canal, and also if you crossed the wooden bridge.

Sound triggers need to make a return, the ones on train were amazing, barking under popdog, airplane up T heaven, birds down ivy and then crouching down ivy so you didn't hit the trigger for the ultimate surprise attack.

Those were the days.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002742.html

"A Twitch-bot account bombards channels and invites viewers to participate in a weekly raffle for a chance to win things such as "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive". The link provided by the Twitch-bot leads to a Java program which asks for the participant's name, e-mail address and permission to publish winner's name, but in reality, it doesn't store those anywhere.

After this message, the malware proceeds to dropping a Windows binary file and executing it to perform these commands:

• Take screenshots
• Add new friends in Steam
• Accept pending friend requests in Steam
• Initiate trading with new friends in Steam
• Buy items, if user has money
• Send a trade offer
• Accept pending trade transactions
• Sell items with a discount in the market

This malware, which we call Eskimo, is able to wipe your Steam wallet, armory, and inventory dry. It even dumps your items for a discount in the Steam Community Market."

Lmao, epic. Hope no one here got caught by this because if you did you're fuckin retarded.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I AM BRAWW posted:

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002742.html

"A Twitch-bot account bombards channels and invites viewers to participate in a weekly raffle for a chance to win things such as "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive". The link provided by the Twitch-bot leads to a Java program which asks for the participant's name, e-mail address and permission to publish winner's name, but in reality, it doesn't store those anywhere.

After this message, the malware proceeds to dropping a Windows binary file and executing it to perform these commands:

• Take screenshots
• Add new friends in Steam
• Accept pending friend requests in Steam
• Initiate trading with new friends in Steam
• Buy items, if user has money
• Send a trade offer
• Accept pending trade transactions
• Sell items with a discount in the market

This malware, which we call Eskimo, is able to wipe your Steam wallet, armory, and inventory dry. It even dumps your items for a discount in the Steam Community Market."

Lmao, epic. Hope no one here got caught by this because if you did you're fuckin retarded.

Sounds like cheap skins to be looking for.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

I finally got a knife related mission, 6 kills in Deathmatch. It's kinda sad how bad the collective player pool of Valve DM is, I got six straight knife kills without dying in my first attempt at it. Awkward.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Coleman posted:

I finally got a knife related mission, 6 kills in Deathmatch. It's kinda sad how bad the collective player pool of Valve DM is, I got six straight knife kills without dying in my first attempt at it. Awkward.

I just finished a 9 kill knife one, came 3rd.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

That Marilyn Manson/Tim Skold Resident Evil soundtrack :black101:

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
Why are there "bonus weapons" in cs go dm?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Progression Please posted:

Because valve, use the community FFA ones if you really wanna practice.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

mcvey posted:

Because valve, use the community FFA ones if you really wanna practice.

Yeah. For NA, look up the netcodeguides.com and the thefragshack.com servers. They have headshot-only, aim map, and regular DM.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Progression Please posted:

Bonus weapons give you more points for kills while the bonus is active.

the winner of valve DM is whoever has the most points, not the most kills.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

real dilemma posted:

I actually used to REALLY look forward to playing aztec in CAL matches. My first CAL-o playoff match in like 2002 (holy poo poo) was on aztec and we rocked the other team. I actually liked playing prodigy as well, so there's probably just something wrong with me.

Bonus CAL-o match screenshot from 2002, you had to take one at the end of each half because the server had no way of auto-switching players and remembering the scores. Also you only played 12 rounds per half instead of 15. Not uncommon to see 11-1 CT scores on aztec, it was even worse than nuke in that way. And the game looked terrible:

That aztec nostalgia :allears:

Leemo
Oct 31, 2003
the flying wombat

Coleman posted:

There were two, it would thunder if you walked up the stairs from the canal, and also if you crossed the wooden bridge.

Sound triggers need to make a return, the ones on train were amazing, barking under popdog, airplane up T heaven, birds down ivy and then crouching down ivy so you didn't hit the trigger for the ultimate surprise attack.

Those were the days.

the 'stopsound' command is what we need back

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Leemo posted:

the 'stopsound' command is what we need back

Used to be in, but they removed it cause people could stop ambient noise with it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Xenaero posted:

Used to be in, but they removed it cause people could stop ambient noise with it.

Yes, that's the point.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Yeah that's why I loved it, stopping the rain sound on Aztec was great. After a while I bound it to mouse3 and was doing it so often that it actually became a hinderance, because I'd do it to stop the sound of people running... so I could hear people running.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

The one and only frag video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwAGylrHbyE
I love old frag videos.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
that neat counterstrike uninstalled itsself while I was at work?

I mean I'm bad but drat I didn't know I was that bad.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Does ranking up/down take into account personal performance or is it a standard Elo system that's just wins/losses?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Elysiume posted:

Does ranking up/down take into account personal performance or is it a standard Elo system that's just wins/losses?

No one is certain about what exactly goes in to elo change, but most people think personal performance has some sort of impact.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there any way to keep the players alive HUD part while dead in a game? I don't like opening scoreboard because I can miss exciting things.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
To keep up the question chain: how do commends work? In Dota 2 they are an embarrassing waste of a mechanic that might as well not exist. I assume it's the same way in CS:GO. But can you get commends from players on your friends list and/or commends from people you queued with?

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, a few people have tested only queueing together on new accounts. The players that performed better got higher ranks.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

The one and only frag video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwAGylrHbyE
I love old frag videos.

I just remembered this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ArDLG_X5A

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

http://themovievault.net/video/jax-money-crew-unafraid

actually this one here is the one that got me into playing in cal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXSIBIwXzqE

no_funeral fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Sep 13, 2014

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Just got an Insertion mission(Battle-Scarred Varicamo Blue XM1014) that took 2 long-rear end queues to actually get a completion on.
The first had the server lag out until it completely crashed on round 2.

The second also saw intermittent lag spikes, really bad.

It took me about ten rounds to correlate the lag to the game and hooray, Valve managed to completely gently caress up Insertion:

If you move around in the treehouse, it causes almost unplayable lag and I think if 2 people get up there it'll probably crash the server outright

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
All this time, trolling and throwing on my alt on the quest for silver ranking, I have the ninety-oneth million steam id.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Today I found out that in some places on castle if you jump, crouch, and then let go of crouch you stick in the ceiling. Its especially funny if you do it above the cannon.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I hope overgrown sticks around after this operation ends, it has the most potential of all the breakout maps imo. It seems like a really T sided map to me, which is fun but something they'll probably balance later. It's really easy to make big comebacks on T side.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I love the way they tag your location to voice chat now. Makes it much easier to play new maps.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I've gone from scouring the Market looking for really cheap stattraks, to scouring the Market looking for really cheap stattracks with random stickers on them. Someone send help.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

The problem with the Ts on that map is that they don't just try to drop into vents every round so it's over quickly.

Some pubbie in MM tried to get us to do this repeatedly and all it did was create a murder hole just outside of squeaky.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
So I took the advice of the pro's mouse sensitivity spreadsheet that was linked a few pages back. I'd been stuck between gold nova 3 and gold nova 4 for months. 15 games after turning my sensitivity way down to what the pros use, I'm MG2 now. I feel like I might even reach double AK before I top out.

If you have to move your mouse any less than 25cm for a full 360, turn your sens down and profit!

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
Get a good mouse pad too. Yesterday I replaced my 10 year old cloth qck+, which was worn to poo poo, with a Razer hard pad, and my aim has never been better.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

The Ferret King posted:

Some pubbie in MM tried to get us to do this repeatedly and all it did was create a murder hole just outside of squeaky.

Not sure what others think, but in my own mind if two players have the best spawn as T's, it's impossible for CT to stop the first one getting down and very hard to stop the second - no matter their spawns. Any more than two players is almost certainly a death trap however. Also while we're on the matter of A rushes on nuke, please use both squeaky and hut. That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Which reminded me of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkYmVWdxVE
Team works its way up relatively high up in the league(CAL-M I think) where matches start being cast and then gently caress around in amazing ways.

• Locked thread