Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
anyway i am going to now decide whether to play xenoblade some more or total war shogun 2

##vote prop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
dude, capps.

this game is insane. i've barely known a fraction of the roles that have flipped up.

of loving course i'm going off of what you claimed to do rather than what your role "is," because actions speak more coherently than lol i'm reverse death jester or whatever the gently caress.

as for poque's role or power? he was the first person in here to act balls to the walls insane, and dealing with him ate up, like, the first four days which was closer to two weeks in real time. i'm sorry if any shenanigans involving him sticks to my brain more clearly than the ridiculous bloodbath since that point.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

##vote capps

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

OK I'm back and I'm a stump again. What did I miss?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Also I just checked and I am pretty sure the brutal murders didn't start happening until after Hal got resurrected.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's :redhammer: fyi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you guys are bad at mafia

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
no u

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah we are. I'll leave you to your dumb fates.

Mills, stump, has died.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Trust in me, stump mills.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Power of Pecota has ascended to stumphood

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##become stump

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
PoP let me tell you about this dota game I play this morning.

It was a pretty even game when a dude was like "guys just let them win I have to leave and don't want an abandon" and pestering the other team to push and win.

We're all "what? no."

so he started calling us trolls and immature assholes for making the game continue out of spite against him. He said that he was an adult which is why he had responsibilities like going to his college class. Someone said that part of being an adult is having time management skills, but he just kept yelling over voice chat "I'M AN ADULT AND YOU GUYS ARE TROLLS" while he bought 20+ couriers so he wouldn't get his abandon.

The lack of self-awareness was so goddamn entertaining.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

People who give up and then freak out and claim people made them do it are hilarious - I had a game a while ago where our Treant Protector got first blood and the Juggernaut he was laning with called him a noob, so he intentionally fed 21 kills and killed the courier on cooldown while claiming in all chat that the team made him do it.

Is there an easy way to grab gifs from a replay? I got my first rampage earlier today in a goofy-rear end way - I was a level 11 0/7/7 Crystal Maiden, their team was chasing our Sniper down mid after he took a tower, I grab a haste rune, run up from the side and ult, and they just completely ignore me. It was glorious.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Will post the flip in at around 4. Sorry folks.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TimeyWimey: Don't blink
TimeyWimey: Whatever you do, don't blink
TimeyWimey: We've had four years of an awful showrunner
TimeyWimey: And have I blunked?
TimeyWimey: Blanked?? Bliked? How do you say that?
TimeyWimey: THe point is, have I blinked?
TimeyWimey: No
TimeyWimey: Did I blink when it came time for Tennant, rest his soul, to leave?
TimeyWimey: well yes because I was crying
TimeyWimey: you blink when you cry dammit
TimeyWimey: Did I blink when that old guy from the political show your anglophile friend said they loved but never actually watched became the new doctor?
TimeyWimey: I did not.
TimeyWimey: I have been here since the beginning of this run.
TimeyWimey: Well okay since 2011 but still that's close enough to the beginning of this show
TimeyWimey: I am a Whovian
TimeyWimey: I will not be

TIMEYWIMEY'S ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DELETED

Mr. Capps, Nothing But a Dead Scene (and also the F-List) Town Time-Traveling Doc's account has been deleted.

It is now night 7. Please get your actions in to me as soon as possible.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Two dead in double murder! by Barbara Backrib

It seems our nightmare is finally at an end. Two bodies were found in an alley behind the local chilies. Remember folks, Chilies are doing their unlimited ribs trough special, truly a meal to dine for. While out in the alley for a smoke, comic book shop owner Jefe Patoson was assaulted by the "Sonic" killer. The killer was dressed in what looks to be a homemade Sonic the Hedgehog fursuit made out of human skin. According to police, the Sonic killer jumped out from behind the dumpster where they had been apparently dining on trash thrown out by the Chilies. And really, with food that good, even the trash is delicious.

According to the police report, the killer plunged what looked like a steak knife into Patoson's ribcage from behind. Patoson whirled around and in what onlookers are calling a "drunken rage" ripped the blade out from his back and began slashing at the deranged assaulter. Once the skin-Sonic was slashed by the blade, it started spilling bloody rings onto the pavement. Somewhere in the scuffle the Hedgehog Bill produced a second knife and began striking back at Patoson. Onlookers reported that this exchange went on for about five minutes until the Sonic shouted "OUT OF RINGS" and collapsed while stabbing Patoson. A quick police examination declared both of them dead at the scene. Fingerprints taken from the bizarre killer do match prints found at the two previous crime scenes. Police are still unsure why these murders occurred in the first place.

This reporting is brought to you by Chilie's. When your here, your family.

Jefepato, Dipper Goes to Taco Bell SCUM executioner

and

Asiina League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vanilla Town who Supped on the Cup of Sonic died at each other's hands.

It is now Day 8. Deadline is set for 10/11 at 8 PM EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, Propaganda Machine, soscannonballs

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 11th, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Alright so with the SK gone this seems like an easy vote to me, since it would be a real dick move for the mods to bring Hal back as a scum role. ##vote Propaganda Machine

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Looks like it's up to Hal.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
:ghost:
I guess if I had to die that was about the most awesome way to do it.
:ghost:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

alright yall it's too late to use my night action to finish the grand mario fan fic, a tragedy in 13 parts, because this game unraveled way faster than i expected it to, so i am just going to post the remaining summary/assignments here and you guys can just imagine how beautifully it plays out, in your minds.

i think we left off about on chapter 9

Chapter Nine
You are a toadstool general. You lead a brigade against Bowser's army. Thousands of toadstools are butchered in the fighting, and you are forced to retreat behind castle walls. This chapter is to be written in diary/letter format.

Chapter Ten
Mario, reaching his end, attempts to hang himself from a flagpole. He botches the attempt or changes his mind, but the choking sensation stirs a dark feeling in him. He is later seen destitute, wandering Mushroom Kingdom asking strange koopas to choke him.

Chapter Eleven
You are a blue yoshi, and an officer in the MKIA (Mushroom Kingdom Intelligence Agency). You receive a sketchy report of a shyguy selling Mario to a Bowser minion.

Chapter Twelve
Bowser assails the castle and breaks through. Mario is seen being held by a leash and wearing dark eyeshadow that only reinforces his startlingly vacant gaze.

Chapter Thirteen
Bowser, with Mario in tow, bursts into the royal chambers. Peach and Luigi are cowering in bed, and Bowser slaughters them without mercy. Seeing his brother and beloved killed, something awakes in Mario. He breaks free from his leash, runs with his old zeal, and jumps like only Mario can jump, jumps in heroic vindication, jumps right through the stained glass window and crashes onto castle steps below. Nurse Toad pronounces him dead at the scene.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I am actually going to do something special for folks who wrote chapters in the game, if anyone wants to take a stab at finishing the final chapters go for it. This beautiful tragedy needs the ending it deserves.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'll write some more chapters this weekend. FLuck, just give me what you think I'd have the most fun with.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The choices are posted above, pick out the funnest sounding one and reserve it~

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just got home from a flight please no one do anything for the next hour until I can reveal important information and ask a few key questions, thank you!!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The fate of humanity... nay the galaxy...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have this game solved, give me a little bit, sorry, have to do one thing it will be worth it I promise!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mills posted:

The fate of humanity... nay the galaxy...

It's gonna be good Mills. I promise!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza is both the Lord of Mafia and the Lord of Fanfiction

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I just checked my PMs and apparently my vote has been stolen, not sure what that means.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Propaganda Machine (0): soscannonballs, soscannonballs

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, Propaganda Machine, soscannonballs

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 11th, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 20 hours.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Fast Luck are you here? Can you crash anyone? If I can't vote then I don't see how town can win this, since even if Hal votes PMach it will be tied and thus a no-lynch will occur, letting PMach just kill me or Hal and thus win.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Also confused on how my vote got stolen since I am supposed to be able to absorb all night actions on me.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

soscannonballs posted:

Fast Luck are you here? Can you crash anyone? If I can't vote then I don't see how town can win this, since even if Hal votes PMach it will be tied and thus a no-lynch will occur, letting PMach just kill me or Hal and thus win.
Maybe Hal stole your vote and can use it. I'm here but I can't do anything anymore.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A warm autumn evening in Fanfiction Mafiatown

Little Poque and young Asiina ran through the field, laughing as they chased fireflies. As they emerged from a cornfield, they spotted Hal sitting alone under a tree, apparently deep in his own thoughts. Even though they knew not to bother the adults, they still ran up to him.

"Tell us" begged Poque, "tell us the story again about how you came back and saved Fanfiction Mafiatown!"

"Yes..." cooed Asiina, "please Mr. Hal? One more time!"

Hal looked up, slightly startled. "Well younglings, I suppose I could... just this one last time..."

Poque and Asiina sat down expectantly. Suddenly, like mists floating over a mountain lake, others started rolling in. First it was Power of Pecota and winvirus, dressed in identical robes. "Thank you Hal" they said in unison. "You tried your hardest to support us and although we failed we appreciate the effort." Hal smiled benignly at them and nodded.

Next it was Diqnol, Byers, DHD and Ernie. "Oh Hal" cried Ernie "I know I wasn't there for you this time." Hal smiled at him sadly. "It's fine Ernie" he said "you know that you and Diqsol and Byers and DHD can do no wrong in my eyes." The four of them beamed proudly and glanced smugly at the others.

Out of nowhere Adus appeared. He didn't say much, just sat down in the back looking bored and perhaps a bit petulant. He was soon followed by Big Nothing, chaoslord and Dugong. All of them formed a circle and started furiously whispering among themselves. From the other direction poured in CapnAndy, fiery_valkyrie and jefepato. Andy tripped over winvirus who merely glared at him. "I'm sorry" opined Andy, "I am kind of a klutz." Hal looked over at him. "It's alright my son, no one here will judge you." Andy smiled shyly and took his place in the circle.

Suddenly and sound like thunder swept over the crowd, and Kumbamontu and Little Mac, who had just arrived, held each other tight and shivered with fear. Before anyone else could react, a terrible smell wafted through the crowd and uranus stumbled into the circle, farting loudly and repeatedly. Hal smiled at him as well. "Thank you for gracing us with your 'presence' derp" he said.

The crowd began to grow restless in anticipation, but still more villagers came in. Magnus Gallant and Meinberg and MildManneredManikin and mr. capps, also know as the M-Brothers came in together, loudly declaring their love for Hal. Soon after Opopanax, Pinterest Mom and Puntification, aka Team OPP arrived, glaring at the M-Brothers and declaring that their love for Hal was greater. "Hush" said Hal, "I love you all equally."

Seemingly out of nowhere, Fast Luck appeared. The villagers eyed him suspiciously... did he even live in this town?

Rarity showed up, wearing her sexy nurse outfit, and promptly stood outside the circle puffing on a Virginia Slim while shooting daggers with her eyes at the others. YPM, wearing nothing but a spandex unitard soon joined her, much to her annoyance. "How much can you bench" he asked her. Rarity looked away in disgust.

Kitiara wandered in from someplace joining the circle. "Oh Hal" she said demurely "you are the TRUE genius here." Hal looked over and once again smiled, but still said nothing. soscannonballs straggled in eventually, and sheepishly tried to blend in with the other villagers. A low hum began to move through the crowd... a tension filled the air.

"There are still some who are not here" declared Hal. "Where is JakeP?" and as he spoke those words, JakeP came from behind the tree and sat down next to Hal, beaming with pride. "There are still others... and we will not start without him." declared Hal.

The crowd looked about... who could be missing? But they didn't have to wait long... soon yuming and Mills strolled over, and although they seemed lost in their own world Hal called to them. "Mills, Jasmine... I knew you two would not let me down, my most faithful friends. I am glad you are here, I couldn't imagine this happening without you." The pair looked up, smiled, and sat down in the back of the circle.

Still, one villager hadn't arrived. But then, like a blast of cold air, merk came puffing over a rise. He glared at the assembled masses. "You know what" merk declared, "I have better things to do than associate with you lot" and he turned right around and disappeared to parts unknown.

"I believe that is all of you" Hal said, standing up. From the shadows Dr. Hurt and Tremendous Taste seemed to phase into existence to stand behind Hal, who now appeared to have a soft glow about him.

"While I know you are here to hear the tale of how I saved Fanfiction Mafiatown, I would rather turn this over to an old friend, one who've I've had over for dinner many times. I hope you will accord him the same respect you would me. Thank you." Hal said, although he remained standing.

Dismay ran through the assembled disciples. What was this?

Suddenly there was a tintinnabulation of bells from above, and everyone looked up. Slowly descending from the heavens was... something. As it drew closer some in the crowd recognized it for what it was. The murmurs in the crowd grew to a roar. Finally the ghostly image of MelvinTheJerk settled just above Hal. He scanned the crowd, smiled broadly, and took out a large hat covered with bells and tassels. He placed it on Hal's head and whispered something into his ear. Although his voice was too low for anyone else to hear, an eddying wind swirled among the villagers and each of them heard the most melodious voice in their ear, as if they and they alone were hearing the word...

SCUMHUNTER

##vote Hal Incandenza
##vote Hal Incandenza

:redhammer:

SEE YA SHITLORDS

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:stare:

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Who is Melvinthejerk?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

soscannonballs, Ron's Secret, town absorber was instakilled!
Propaganda Machine, Star Wars Episode VIII: A Nude Hope was endgamed!

Hal Incandenza, Zebrea 3, Where Are You?, 3P Jester wins the game!

All others lose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yay Hal

• Locked thread