Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

infrared35 posted:

:getin:

Now get some Taylor Freelance +5 bottoms.

Can't believe I scored a P30 light LEM for $650. Has 2012 night sights on it too. Now I just need a good holster for appendix carry. Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

MrYenko posted:

Whenever I unload my carry mags for cleaning (about once a month, maybe a little less often,) I line up the cartridges on a level surface and put a straightedge across the bullets. Any that show light under the straightedge get discarded. It's generally only the two cartridges that were at the top of my loaded magazine (because I'm generally too lazy to rotate ammo within a magazine :v:,) but sometimes just one of them. I don't unload/reload very often, but conversely, it's a 1911, so it's rough on cartridges. I can see bullet setback after only two or three chambering cycles, sometimes.

Yeah 1911s are especially bad about this. Glocks and other modern service pistols usually aren't so bad but I usually won't chamber the same round more than 3x. I use a sharpie to mark up the base of the cartridge to keep track.

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SpelledBackwards posted:

To be more clear, stand the bullets up on their bases and put the straight edge across their tips. And make sure the edge is straight and not flexed or curved...

If your straightedge is curved, it's not a straightedge, is it? :colbert:

I use a pocket machinists scale.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

MrYenko posted:

If your straightedge is curved, it's not a straightedge, is it? :colbert:

I use a pocket machinists scale.

I had to toss out any rulers I had in high school and college because they got worn out. Now it's a new metal one and framing square which get the job done.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

To add to this discussion, has anyone seen or heard first or even second hand of someone having an issue with a dead primer for being chambered too many times? I read it somewhere online a while ago and think about it every now and then. Apparently it was a problem with police officers or soldiers who would come home or back to base and unload their service weapon, and then load it up in the morning the next day. Aggressive crimps on most duty loads will generally keep bullets from setting back beyond a certain amount, and to Joe Shmoe the policeman or infantry that doesn't know about that anyway, the worry goes that the shock to the cartridge from chambering so many times can cause the priming compound to become uncompressed and eventually move through the flash hole enough to kill the primer when it's struck.

It kinda sounds plausible to me but at the same time I've never known anyone to have a problem like that, does anyone have any experience with something like that?

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I know AR platform rifles can primer-strike when chambering. I've never heard of it causing an AD, but it probably ain't good for the primer. My rifle always leaves a little love spot on primers when you chamber it.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

MrYenko posted:

I know AR platform rifles can primer-strike when chambering. I've never heard of it causing an AD, but it probably ain't good for the primer. My rifle always leaves a little love spot on primers when you chamber it.

If AR charging primer strikes were a major issue our first sign would be forum posts reporting AD incidents with a dozen NERPS designed to mitigate it hot on their heels. The only thing I've ever seen for it is a titanium firing pin (which I guess there are other reasons to have) so presumably it's pretty rare, but bolt-locked-open-behind-loaded-mag is still as ready as I ever make my AR until I'm at a firing range. No sense driving a perfectly good new cartridge off the lot so to speak.

Arden
Feb 19, 2004

Mind over fatter, bitches!

Looking for advice to someone who is new to CCW. I am very experienced with handguns and the safe handling of them, having owned many guns for almost 30 years. I am more talking about the psychological side of carrying a deadly weapon. I know I am doing everything right, but I guess running by everyone can make me feel more comfortable with it. Yes I have a permit and yes I have taken a deadly force class. (Not required in Washington State.)

Currently I am carrying a Ruger LC9s loaded with Hornady critical defense ammo. The gun is in my right front pocket in a Galco leather pocket holster. It is in “condition 1” (Round in the chamber) with the safety on. It is the ONLY thing in that pocket.

I am reasonably confident that the gun is secure. The trigger is covered and the lump in my pocket is not really gun shaped. Because I do IT work, having an IWB holster really isn’t an option, bending over and crawling under desks make printing and showing the weapon a distinct possibility. Having a customer (I own the business) see the firearm is NOT an option. So I know the place I am carrying is not ideal from a ready access point of view, but I am not sure where else would allow me the freedom of movement I need. Bottom line is my lack of experience and self-conscious nature are making me a little uncomfortable. I am being paranoid I’m sure.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

As an IT nerd a fanny pack holster or other purpose-built belt mounted holster pouch could easily pass as nerd tool storage.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Arden posted:

Looking for advice to someone who is new to CCW. I am very experienced with handguns and the safe handling of them, having owned many guns for almost 30 years. I am more talking about the psychological side of carrying a deadly weapon. I know I am doing everything right, but I guess running by everyone can make me feel more comfortable with it. Yes I have a permit and yes I have taken a deadly force class. (Not required in Washington State.)

Currently I am carrying a Ruger LC9s loaded with Hornady critical defense ammo. The gun is in my right front pocket in a Galco leather pocket holster. It is in “condition 1” (Round in the chamber) with the safety on. It is the ONLY thing in that pocket.

I am reasonably confident that the gun is secure. The trigger is covered and the lump in my pocket is not really gun shaped. Because I do IT work, having an IWB holster really isn’t an option, bending over and crawling under desks make printing and showing the weapon a distinct possibility. Having a customer (I own the business) see the firearm is NOT an option. So I know the place I am carrying is not ideal from a ready access point of view, but I am not sure where else would allow me the freedom of movement I need. Bottom line is my lack of experience and self-conscious nature are making me a little uncomfortable. I am being paranoid I’m sure.

I'd lose that extended magazine and carry with one that's flush to the grip as it would be more in line with the length of the holster and would get rid of IMO the biggest spot that prints in pocket carry, the grip as you walk around and it's pushing sideways out of the pocket. I'd also ditch using the safety but that's me, if you disengage it naturally and quickly there's no reason not to and it's definitely better than it accidentally clicking on and you not being used to it.

Also, nobody looks for guns on people, and they certainly don't look for a pistol in the pocket of an IT guy. The only people that ever notice other people printing are gonna be cops looking for it or other people that carry that happen to see it (or are weird and are looking for people printing). Or someone that is staring at your pants. Relax.

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

rifles posted:

Also, nobody looks for guns on people, and they certainly don't look for a pistol in the pocket of an IT guy. The only people that ever notice other people printing are gonna be cops looking for it or other people that carry that happen to see it (or are weird and are looking for people printing). Or someone that is staring at your pants. Relax.

People are loving oblivious. You can print a loving AK under your shirt and 98% of people won't notice. The few that do will probably just calmly tell you about it, because they're carrying as well.

Does that holster clip to the pocket from the inside? Does it hold the pistol securely? Unless you're ABSOLUTELY SURE (consequences include accidentally shooting yourself, or someone else) nothing can get inside the trigger guard, I wouldn't run without the thumb safety engaged unless its in a retention holster and/or has a trigger safety. Train to disengage the safety as you draw, instead.

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

I think most everyone is extremely wary of printing at first but as years go on most learn to not care. After you find a comfortable spot and get used to it you almost forget about it. It just becomes a part of feeling "normal." After I got used to appendix carry it didn't feel like something poking me in the gut, it just felt normal. You will quickly get used to it and won't be so paranoid, just give it time

Arden
Feb 19, 2004

MrYenko posted:

People are loving oblivious. You can print a loving AK under your shirt and 98% of people won't notice. The few that do will probably just calmly tell you about it, because they're carrying as well.

Does that holster clip to the pocket from the inside? Does it hold the pistol securely? Unless you're ABSOLUTELY SURE (consequences include accidentally shooting yourself, or someone else) nothing can get inside the trigger guard, I wouldn't run without the thumb safety engaged unless its in a retention holster and/or has a trigger safety. Train to disengage the safety as you draw, instead.

I guess my biggest paranoia is of the safety of my setup. I agree that people are oblivious. Gun is secure in the holster, trigger guard is covered, it has a trigger safety as well as the thumb safety. I don't think running with the thumb safety off is an option for me. It's just that in my pocket I feel like I am violating the rule of don't point the weapon at anything you don't wish to destroy. Sitting across from someone and I have a loaded weapon pointed in their general direction. A feeling I am going to have to get over.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Arden posted:

Pocket carry is my preferred method. As long as you put nothing else in the pocket and use a quality holster (and replace it when it wears out), you should be fine. Only time I get concerned is when my pants are too tight and it makes a very obvious gun shape in my pocket. I use a Desantis Nemesis holster, which is a soft holster like the Galco, so it has potential to print.

Most people are oblivious, though, and will never notice. I might do as someone else suggested and remove the extension (and maybe put it on a spare mag) just to make it a bit smaller, but :effort:

Long and short of it is, pocket carry has drawbacks you need to prepare for, but other than that it's fine. I don't worry about it in the least.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Pimp Drakula posted:

bolt-locked-open-behind-loaded-mag is still as ready as I ever make my AR until I'm at a firing range..

Anyone know the truth behind the ongoing war between people who say that if you store it locked open it's worse for the spring vs those who say it isn't vs those who say it's all about cycling that wears the springs out fastest? I've always been told to store it with the bolt closed, but for an extra measure of safety I'd prefer to have it bolt open with a loaded mag so all I'd have to do is drop the bolt if a situation ever arose that I needed it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

About people being oblivious, think about it this way: Before you started carrying, did you ever notice other people carrying? Did you even think about it as a Thing People Did? I mean, I knew there were people that did but only in an abstract sense, like how molecules slow down as the temperature approaches absolute zero.

Now that you carry are you a little more aware of the possibility that someone else is carrying? Do you look? I do, occasionally, but it rarely occupies my mind even now. The smallest outline seen in the mirror will seem like a flashing light and blaring klaxxon, but no one will loving notice unless the gun visibly enters line of sight. And even then, probably not.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 21, 2015

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

With a quality firearm that hasn't been dicked with you have no worries about the firearm just randomly discharging. I point a loaded pistol with no safety directly at my junk and femoral artery every day and have done so for about a year now. I understand your concerns, but they are unfounded. It won't fire unless you, or something in your pocket, engages the trigger.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

Kommienzuspadt posted:

The internet is powered by angry posting.

Also, did you experience any trigger bite with the P320? I've heard that elsewhere about that gun, but it's all 2nd hand. How much does the trigger pull weigh if you had to guess? And would you be changing this to your carry pistol? Just curious.

No bite or slap, at all. I'd say the weight is somewhere in the 5-7lb neighborhood if I had to guess, but didn't bring a scale. I'd feel comfortable carrying it, but would probably stick to my P-01.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

If you were a female(I take it you aren't), I might think about it. As a male, are you constantly checking out dudes?

skitzed
Oct 8, 2004
I don't know what I'm doing.

lilspooky posted:

Anyone know the truth behind the ongoing war between people who say that if you store it locked open it's worse for the spring vs those who say it isn't vs those who say it's all about cycling that wears the springs out fastest? I've always been told to store it with the bolt closed, but for an extra measure of safety I'd prefer to have it bolt open with a loaded mag so all I'd have to do is drop the bolt if a situation ever arose that I needed it.

The two things that will erode a metal's ability to bend back into shape are repetitive bending and bending beyond that metal's acceptable limit. Ask any auto mechanic, car shocks do not go bad over time on stationary vehicles.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

lilspooky posted:

Leave it open. Physics doesn't care.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Bullet setback is a problem because why?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Bullet setback is a problem because why?

Increased pressure due to less space in the case. Makes things go kaboom.

Illegal Clown
Feb 18, 2004

skitzed posted:

The two things that will erode a metal's ability to bend back into shape are repetitive bending and bending beyond that metal's acceptable limit. Ask any auto mechanic, car shocks do not go bad over time on stationary vehicles.

Yeah, I used to have an employee who would constantly go into our gun locker and close the actions on all of the empty guns. I had to yell at him on an almost daily basis. He said leaving them open made the springs go bad. I would then call him an idiot, explain to him that springs don't work that way and that leaving them open was how we could tell they were not loaded. By his logic all of our loaded mags and the loaded shotguns would all have bad springs at this point because they rarely get unloaded. Funny thing, is previous line of work was as a mechanic. I never thought about mentioning the springs there.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Arden posted:

I guess my biggest paranoia is of the safety of my setup. I agree that people are oblivious. Gun is secure in the holster, trigger guard is covered, it has a trigger safety as well as the thumb safety. I don't think running with the thumb safety off is an option for me. It's just that in my pocket I feel like I am violating the rule of don't point the weapon at anything you don't wish to destroy. Sitting across from someone and I have a loaded weapon pointed in their general direction. A feeling I am going to have to get over.

Any carry method will result in the gun being pointed at people sometimes. Even if it was in a belt holster on or behind your hip, if you're above someone (ladder, second floor of a building) or just packed in tight with people in a crowded space it could be pointed at someone. As long as you have a proper holster and practice good safety it is nothing to worry about.

Arden
Feb 19, 2004

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am slowly getting used to this, being day 4 with the gun. Taking it to the range to put it through it's paces today. It has a great trigger so I am really looking forward to shooting it.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Arden posted:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am slowly getting used to this, being day 4 with the gun. Taking it to the range to put it through it's paces today. It has a great trigger so I am really looking forward to shooting it.

I'll add that you'll eventually get to the point where you feel the loaded pistol in a good holster is the safest status that gun can possibly be in while being loaded. It's all about risk management and being smart with the 4 rules. As an example, when I appendix carry, I put the gun in the holster, and then I put the holster on. I try and avoid putting the gun in an appendix carry holster that's already on me because the gun does point at my body when it's being slid into the holster, and the chance of clothing snagging on the trigger as it goes into the holster is a risk I avoid. If I pulled the gun and fired and had to reholster it in an emergency I certainly could, but on the range it's not worth the risk to me. Carrying IWB behind the hip is different, if the trigger is snagged by clothing (even though I clear all potential snagging garments big time when reholstering) I know the gun is pointed away from my body such that if it does fire, it's not going to be the end of the world. I don't worry about guns going off in good holsters because they only go off when the trigger is pulled, and that's only going to happen when it's in your hand or when you're pushing it towards something like when you're reholstering.

You'll find as you get more experience that the 4 rules are pretty great because they're redundant upon themselves and will keep you away from catastrophe if you do something stupid. Otherwise, it's about risk management, don't try and put your pocket piece into your pocket holster that is already in your pocket, put the gun in the holster then stick it in your pocket, when it's in the holster the trigger is covered and it's not going to be pulled by anything.

Also as a general pocket carrying tip, I'm a big fan of the Desantis Nemesis holsters over the leather ones like that Galco. They use a rubberized outer layer that helps to stick in the pocket, and they also incorporate the hook on the bottom, so in most cases the holster stays in the pocket when you draw the gun, if it doesn't, it also has the hook on the bottom that you will catch on the side of the pocket in a normal draw, which to me means pulling the gun out most of the way, then pointing it a bit to your left sort of between your feet and pulling the rest of the way out and up to the target, which causes the holster hook to get stuck on the right side of your pocket and will clear it from the gun.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

indoflaven posted:

If you were a female(I take it you aren't), I might think about it. As a male, are you constantly checking out dudes?

As a male do you avoid looking at or making eye contact with men for fear you will find yourself pinned against an alley wall squealing with glee as a sweaty bear's tumescent member stimulates your prostate over and over? :sweatdrop:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

indoflaven posted:

As a male, are you constantly checking out dudes?

Do you not?

Arden
Feb 19, 2004

rifles posted:

I'll add that you'll eventually get to the point where you feel the loaded pistol in a good holster is the safest status that gun can possibly be in while being loaded. It's all about risk management and being smart with the 4 rules. As an example, when I appendix carry, I put the gun in the holster, and then I put the holster on. I try and avoid putting the gun in an appendix carry holster that's already on me because the gun does point at my body when it's being slid into the holster, and the chance of clothing snagging on the trigger as it goes into the holster is a risk I avoid. If I pulled the gun and fired and had to reholster it in an emergency I certainly could, but on the range it's not worth the risk to me. Carrying IWB behind the hip is different, if the trigger is snagged by clothing (even though I clear all potential snagging garments big time when reholstering) I know the gun is pointed away from my body such that if it does fire, it's not going to be the end of the world. I don't worry about guns going off in good holsters because they only go off when the trigger is pulled, and that's only going to happen when it's in your hand or when you're pushing it towards something like when you're reholstering.

You'll find as you get more experience that the 4 rules are pretty great because they're redundant upon themselves and will keep you away from catastrophe if you do something stupid. Otherwise, it's about risk management, don't try and put your pocket piece into your pocket holster that is already in your pocket, put the gun in the holster then stick it in your pocket, when it's in the holster the trigger is covered and it's not going to be pulled by anything.

Also as a general pocket carrying tip, I'm a big fan of the Desantis Nemesis holsters over the leather ones like that Galco. They use a rubberized outer layer that helps to stick in the pocket, and they also incorporate the hook on the bottom, so in most cases the holster stays in the pocket when you draw the gun, if it doesn't, it also has the hook on the bottom that you will catch on the side of the pocket in a normal draw, which to me means pulling the gun out most of the way, then pointing it a bit to your left sort of between your feet and pulling the rest of the way out and up to the target, which causes the holster hook to get stuck on the right side of your pocket and will clear it from the gun.

I most certainly take the holster out of the pocket before putting the gun back in it. In fact unless I am drawing the gun for practice (which I do while it is unloaded) when I remove the gun from my pocket I pull it out still contained in the holster. Gun in holster then goes in the top drawer of my nightstand (No kids and my wife doesn't touch guns)

I was having trouble with the Galco coming out of my pocket while drawing it, so I just bought the Desantis Superfly. It is basically an upgraded version of the Nemesis.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006J31OZ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Arden posted:

I most certainly take the holster out of the pocket before putting the gun back in it. In fact unless I am drawing the gun for practice (which I do while it is unloaded) when I remove the gun from my pocket I pull it out still contained in the holster. Gun in holster then goes in the top drawer of my nightstand (No kids and my wife doesn't touch guns)

I was having trouble with the Galco coming out of my pocket while drawing it, so I just bought the Desantis Superfly. It is basically an upgraded version of the Nemesis.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006J31OZ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks like a nice upgrade. Post some pics and your experience with it when it arrives. I was considering an aholster to break up the gun shape better, but I'm curious as to how the Desantis' flap will do.

Arden
Feb 19, 2004

Just got back from the range. Gun ran great with the Critical defense ammo as well as 115 Gr ball. Had 2 FTE, from cheap steel cased ammo. Shot 100 rounds of Freedom Munitions remanufactured 115 grain with no issue so I will chock that up to the ammo. Lots of recoil but I expect that from a light pocket sized 9. Only other issue is the gun seemed to be shooting to the right of POI, not sure if that was me or the sights need to be adjusted. Need to spend more time with it but happy with the purchase so far. I am a huge Ruger fan and this reinforces that for sure.

bandaid
Jan 13, 2008

I turned in my paperwork for a NC CHL about a week ago. I decided to read this entire thread, and if this thread was a person, I would draw on it in fear of my life.

I've got some questions about carrying a full size CZ75b. Its the gun I am most familiar with, and have shot 2-3 thousand rounds out of, with almost no failures. Before anyone asks, I have night sights. I'm 6'2" and about 230#s. I guess I am wondering if its a good idea to start with a pistol this big? I know people carry 1911s with no issue, and I feel like I can conceal this fairly easily, but have never carried in public or IWB. I would probably only carry once in a while, and not much in the summer as I live in a beach town, and surf 3 or 4 days a week. If nothing else, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the gun in the truck while surfing.

A couple people recommended the SHTF ACE 1 GEN 2 Holster from Amazon back on page 4 or 5
http://www.amazon.com/Holster-Adjustable-Retention-SHTF-Gear/dp/B005SBMU4K/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i
Is this still recommended? Still like the holster? Anything else I should look at?

Thanks

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

A smaller pistol may be easier to conceal, but there's no reason you can't carry something larger. It may take a little more effort but it's not that difficult. Due to an injury I can't carry anything behind my hip. I've moved to appendix carry and with the right holster and belt I can conceal a full size pistol fairly easy. Just for grins I tried carrying a glock 34 and was able to do so without printing. I've found, before my injury, I was able to carry full size pistols in a similar holster to what you linked at about 3 o'clock. I needed a shirt that was slightly loose but it wasn't very difficult at all. A holster is much cheaper than a new gun, try it out around the house and see what you think.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

bandaid posted:

I turned in my paperwork for a NC CHL about a week ago. I decided to read this entire thread, and if this thread was a person, I would draw on it in fear of my life.

I've got some questions about carrying a full size CZ75b. Its the gun I am most familiar with, and have shot 2-3 thousand rounds out of, with almost no failures. Before anyone asks, I have night sights. I'm 6'2" and about 230#s. I guess I am wondering if its a good idea to start with a pistol this big? I know people carry 1911s with no issue, and I feel like I can conceal this fairly easily, but have never carried in public or IWB. I would probably only carry once in a while, and not much in the summer as I live in a beach town, and surf 3 or 4 days a week. If nothing else, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the gun in the truck while surfing.

A couple people recommended the SHTF ACE 1 GEN 2 Holster from Amazon back on page 4 or 5
http://www.amazon.com/Holster-Adjustable-Retention-SHTF-Gear/dp/B005SBMU4K/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i
Is this still recommended? Still like the holster? Anything else I should look at?

Thanks

You can carry that CZ-75. It will be on the larger side but totally workable. I wouldn't use that holster, however. Are you looking for an inside the waistband or outside the waistband holster?

bandaid
Jan 13, 2008

Kommienzuspadt posted:

You can carry that CZ-75. It will be on the larger side but totally workable. I wouldn't use that holster, however. Are you looking for an inside the waistband or outside the waistband holster?

IWB

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

how about budget?

bandaid
Jan 13, 2008

Kommienzuspadt posted:

how about budget?

Cheap, ideally. That $70 Amazon one would be about right, but I won't have my license for like 85 days so I can save up for something better.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

bandaid posted:

Cheap, ideally. That $70 Amazon one would be about right, but I won't have my license for like 85 days so I can save up for something better.

a Milt Sparks holster is ~25 or so more, but they are supposedly really nice IWB leather holsters. I would look into them. Otherwise, Comp-tac (anything by them) is always a safe bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

oops wrong thread, somehow.