Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It will not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Manga adaptions of Fate poo poo always seem to be lackluster one way or another. Like the weird hoops the Fate/stay night manga went through in terms of smashing plot elements together like the DEEN anime, Fate/Zero manga's ugly as sin art, Fate/extra manga(s) are... confusing. Fate/strange fake and Fate/hollow ataraxia manga are okay, but there are barely any chapters out much less in English.

The Heaven's Feel manga seems to be on track so far so there's that.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Just read All Around Type-Moon.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

quote:

He will probably think favorably of the Master who is facing the challenge of restoring human history, and should have no reservations about lending his strength.
But one must be careful. He is not bound to have the same reactions as "that" Lancer with the same True Name!

For Prototype Lancer does this just mean he's less of a ladies man?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I will be quite glad if it is an adaptation of Grand Order, as it seems the kind of thing you could adapt for an anime. Just have a bunch of teams with a light storyline behind it, with have a kind of battle royale setup with big Servant teams kicking rear end. Should be a good one.

Hopefully it'll also give ufotable enough time to get their ducks in a row with regards to Heaven's Feel, which I'm still not convinced will be just one movie.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Compendium posted:

That one had the best omake.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's really easy to make a FGO anime, you have just certain episodes be specific events and that just follows one team. Like an entire Guda Guda Honnoji episode sounds like it would be amazing for Nobunaga and Okita shenanigans alone.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'd watch the entire thing if we got even a little Sakura Saber / Saber Lily. Oh, and Jeanne has to have a starring role. This is non-negotiable.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Animate Tamamo Cat, and normal Tamamo, and all the other Tamamos come in for a HUGE party as the anime comes with a surprise announcement that every single Tamamo tail is getting added to the game

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Compendium posted:

Manga adaptions of Fate poo poo always seem to be lackluster one way or another. Like the weird hoops the Fate/stay night manga went through in terms of smashing plot elements together like the DEEN anime, Fate/Zero manga's ugly as sin art, Fate/extra manga(s) are... confusing. Fate/strange fake and Fate/hollow ataraxia manga are okay, but there are barely any chapters out much less in English.

and yet remarkably, the Tsukihime manga is actually better than the VN

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Is the tsukehime manga actually decent? Cuz I couldn't really get into the VN despite a couple of solid tries.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

DamnGlitch posted:

Is the tsukehime manga actually decent? Cuz I couldn't really get into the VN despite a couple of solid tries.

I can't say that it's BETTER than the VN, but it's surprisingly good.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

DamnGlitch posted:

It's actually good, yeah. It's based on two and a half out of the five routes, though.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

LORD OF BUTT posted:

and yet remarkably, the Tsukihime manga is actually better than the VN

Probably because it is less batshit and more focused and you don't have to go through an Akiha route. Oh yeah, and decent art.

DamnGlitch posted:

Yeah, it's good. It was my first introduction to the Type-Moon universe if nothing else.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Compendium posted:

less batshit

Being totally batshit is what makes Tsukihime great though

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The manga mostly focuses on Near Side, which is to say that it's not as good as the VN.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ideally you could just read the manga then play Hisui and Kohaku. You get nothing from Arc, Ciel, or Akiha vs the manga really.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Freak Futanari posted:

Animate Tamamo Cat, and normal Tamamo, and all the other Tamamos come in for a HUGE party as the anime comes with a surprise announcement that every single Tamamo tail is getting added to the game

That would be the best. I want a full team of Tamamo

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The earlier conversation made me check out the Melty Blood manga again, and I never noticed it had sequels covering the wackier stuff.

One of them appears to have been translated by the subber equivalent to TV-Nihon, ne.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

The manga mostly focuses on Near Side, which is to say that it's not as good as the VN.

idk, i think far side goes way too all-in on the mindfuck stuff and that's not really nasu's strong point. he's best at writing insanely epic fight scenes, and near side has some loving awesome fights

e: shiki vs. nrvnqsr chaos is straight up one of the most bad rear end nasuverse fights

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 19, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wheres the CCC foxtail scanlarion

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
Nasu I think really nails the ambiance of Japanese horror pretty good as well as we can see from the ghost story at the start of HA.

What I like about a possible FGO adaption, particularly if it includes Shirou & Rin is maybe getting to see more Lancer and other Fate SN Servants hopefully with memories of the war so they can hang out and stuff as a proper sequel to Fate. HA is nice but it's basically an alternate parallel reality isn't it?

e: When Archer fights Lancer the second time, I apparently missed this line, "Feed that pride to that dog." and Lancer replies "Did you just call her a dog?" Who is the "her" here? Scathach or Rin that enrages Lancer?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 20, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Raenir Salazar posted:

What I like about a possible FGO adaption, particularly if it includes Shirou & Rin is maybe getting to see more Lancer and other Fate SN Servants hopefully with memories of the war so they can hang out and stuff as a proper sequel to Fate. HA is nice but it's basically an alternate parallel reality isn't it?
HA is a sequel. It doesn't matter if F/HA or FGO are an alternate reality or not if everyone remembers everything that happened in the past. It's as sequel-ish as it can be for the servants.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Raenir Salazar posted:

e: When Archer fights Lancer the second time, I apparently missed this line, "Feed that pride to that dog." and Lancer replies "Did you just call her a dog?" Who is the "her" here? Scathach or Rin that enrages Lancer?

Probably Rin in that context. She's a less scarier version of Scatach after all and he took a liking to her.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Raenir Salazar posted:

I can't find that specific quote. Do you mean "You can feed your meaningless pride to the dogs" ?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nyaa posted:

I can't find that specific quote. Do you mean "You can feed your meaningless pride to the dogs" ?

Yeah though it's subbed Here as "Feed your leftover pride to that dog."

In which Lancer responds: "Did you just call her a dog, Archer?"

I didn't remember it in the VN or watching the scene before and now that I know of Scathach I wonder if the scene may have been more ambiguous than it was originally.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Listening to the audio, there isn't a subject specified when Lancer speaks, it's just "did you say 'dog' (about someone)"

Going literally, Archer says to feed that pride to "the dog of that place"; そこいら versus simply その for "that".

It's pretty ambiguous.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There's some translations of the Christmas event story.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3xg7rc/speculationchristmas_event_plot/

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3xkesn/credits_to_translator_there_event_ch_35/

It is amazing, it's almost Carnival Phantasm levels of funny.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 20, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ahahaha oh my god that Gilgamesh skit.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Santa Alter feeling sorry for Nursery Rhyme and Jack and pretending to lose is one of the more :shobon: things ever.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Enkidu posted:

My poor friend... but now that I've heard your story, perhaps you've mixed up Christmas with Valentine's Day? (The same thing will probably happen then. But he doesn't need to hear that.)

F/GO is the best thing to have ever happened to Fate.

Also yeah, that was sweet, but Jack's awful character design still drags it down.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

-Troika- posted:

Santa Alter feeling sorry for Nursery Rhyme and Jack and pretending to lose is one of the more :shobon: things ever.

Speaking of those three

I wonder what kind of Christmas parties Alter would throw.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The kind where every present is filled with food.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlitzBlast posted:

Also yeah, that was sweet, but Jack's awful character design still drags it down.

It's ok come the London update you'll be able to pick card art along with sprite art so you can keep her in her cloak forever.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

-Troika- posted:

Her presents for them were cute too.

As opposed to "gifting" our Archer trio with a special concert by Liz. :v:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
And black keys, don't forget the black keys. One for each color!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Schubalts posted:

The kind where every present is filled with food.

I've never played it, but I must know something important about HA: did it confirm Saber Alter is an even more ravenous eater than Saber?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Sylphid posted:

I've never played it, but I must know something important about HA: did it confirm Saber Alter is an even more ravenous eater than Saber?
Kind of. She mostly hates high quality food and wants hamburgers and poo poo.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 20, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
no one can deny a good burg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I just realized I could've had submembers on my party this entire time. :smith: