Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I wish DW would start giving apples for maints again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I bet that they won't until people like Nyaa spend their apples and the average apple count drops below 100.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I just want another event with a Holy Grail. I need two more to get Serenity to 100.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

BlitzBlast posted:

I just want another event with a Holy Grail. I need two more to get Serenity to 100.
I bet that's why the wish granting item in ilya event is some kind of magic rock instead of the usual grail. :argh:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Kyte posted:

I bet that they won't until people like Nyaa spend their apples and the average apple count drops below 100.

I only have like 20 apples left and i'm starting to fear that there might come a time when i can't just power through an event in a single day by using apples

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Freak Futanari posted:

I only have like 20 apples left and i'm starting to fear that there might come a time when i can't just power through an event in a single day by using apples

I'm still hovering above 50 but this is also my fear, I just don't have the time nor is there enough AP to get everything in an event. :(

I think I had most of my apples from the Ikuruga and Saber wars events thinking back on it. No idea where I got em all otherwise.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I still have over 200 apples. :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It only took a little bit under 2 years but I finally got around to finishing my FSN RN replay with the newer patch :toot: All Tiger Dojos and even 100% CGs somehow, though I had to replay one scene I know I went through already a second time for some reason to get the last BG I was missing.

Tbqh since I played it so sporadically I've kind of forgotten whatever new impressions I may have had of it from the earlier routes, other than remembering I found Fate painful to replay because so much of that route is dedicated to explaining the most basic of plot elements about the Holy Grail War and general cast, which is understandable but also boring in a replay. Also a lot of characters just felt kind of weird characterization-wise, particularly Gilgamesh.

Other than that it pretty much exactly matched my expectations. UBW is still fun, HF starts kind of cool then gets boring then gets AWESOME, and Last Episode is a complete waste of everyone's time. The RN CGs/effects/voices are integrated more cleanly, and while they are still kind of weirdly implemented the replacement scenes are interesting in their own way and it was nice to just have them translated finally.

The patch is definitely not perfect though, they still left in some annoying untranslated words like "Itadakimasu" and weren't super consistent on some name changes like "Ilya -> Illya".

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 27, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
I think Fate Route Gilgamesh is what's meant to establish that even antagonistic Heroic Spirits have something more to them that earns them the "Heroic" part of the title.

rvm
May 6, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think Fate Route Gilgamesh is what's meant to establish that even antagonistic Heroic Spirits have something more to them that earns them the "Heroic" part of the title.

I think, it's the opposite: Gilgamesh is supposed to be sort of a blueprint for all heroic spirits, and he is Fate Route Gil.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've been trying to read all of fsn for 4 years :(

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

The first volume of Lord El Melloi II Case Files is pretty much done translation wise. All it's missing right now is Nasu's infodump the afterword.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

I feel like this has been reuploaded for every role Kadowaki Mai has done

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

rvm posted:

I think, it's the opposite: Gilgamesh is supposed to be sort of a blueprint for all heroic spirits, and he is Fate Route Gil.

I mean that like, in UBW he comes off as a lot more malevolent since he takes things into his own hands; while in Fate he seems more chivalrous. Then of course there's his role in Extra.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Gilgamesh isn't a one-note character and in fact has a lot of aspects to his personality.

It's just that :smug: is the primary aspect.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
For those that care, Risa Taneda is not dying but is taking a break from VAing, and since Mashu still needs new voice lines (they're changing her Master Mission lines again next week) they're changing her VA to Rie Takahashi.

I don't know if this means Mashu's old lines will be rerecorded, but people seem to be assuming yes.
E: I've been told the news confirm the rerecording, so yeah.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 27, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man, that's unfortunate, but I hope she gets a lot of rest. It's gonna be weird hearing a new voice though, Risa Taneda did such a wonderful job at endearing me to Mashu. A very good kouhai voice :(

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nero event 2016 tommorow.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Has anyone gotten an error when they tried to start the game today? I recently updated my Iphone so could this possibly be the problem?

EDIT: Apparently the problem is with IPhone 10, and the game isn't compatible. Just my luck that today was Saber Day. Oh well, hopefully the issue is sorted out before the Nero Event starts.

GodofDiscord fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 28, 2016

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Yessss Nero Bride returns! I missed her the first time and I desperately need a good saber, I've been relying on Rama and Seigfriend who I didn't level at all.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

All of the teams have a skit together, yessssss.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The chinese version of fate go will be out tommorow.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Funny, considering that's already a bootleg version chinese version of Fate. With all the designs too.

Can't remember the name though, just remember seeing one of my friends play it and it explicitly had characters and designs that match 1:1 with Fate characters.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
There's actually more than one of those.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
when will the english version of GO be out

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Holy hell today's super hard challenge. :magical:

240k Herc with 11x guts that revive half his life everytime and he first turn nerf the front team with like -90% permanent on art damage.

I barely made it with double jalter. :zoro:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 28, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My only stipulation for a US release of FGO is to let me transfer my account! :mad:

Nyaa posted:

240k Herc with 11x guts that revive half his life everytime and he first turn nerf the front team with like -90% permanent on art damage.

That's some legit God Hand though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

Not just damage. The arts nerf means your front row isn't gonna charge for poo poo unless they have decent Quick charge.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
:toot:

Nero Bride dropped.

Just two rolls.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 28, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ugh resisting to roll, must save it for halloween event.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Read the subreddit and managed to beat Herc on the first attempt with Okita finishing him off, but had to use one Command Seal, I think I'll farm for those damage CE's first before continuing that bs again.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

InfinityComplex posted:

:toot:

Nero Bride dropped.

Just two rolls.

And now you'll never get another 5* until 2017.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Huh I didn't see that the Saint Graph exchange was open, I went in to take a look and you can actually buy Bride Nero there until the event ends! So if you somehow have 10 Saint Graphs you can just buy any limited servants during their event, how neat.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

All bronze/silver team beat God Hand Herc.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I actually watched that and there was totally a luck element there though right?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes. You don't see videos of all the times they didn't have perfect luck with the enemy AI and debuffs.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I actually watched that and there was totally a luck element there though right?
About average luck actually, both Euyale missed their skill a lot more than comfortable. He uses saint george to gut taunt herc's a couple time and use healings and dodge in combination of it to keep both Euyale alive. Arash is to clear out second wave and bring in george for the boss fight.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Blew all three command seals on one extended Heracles attempt, and even though I ran into two "oh god I'm screwed" moments (forgot to swap out Lancelot with the Bride CE for Mashu to tank a Nine Lives, got RNG screwed with a useless hand on the second to last turn when my main attackers were nearly dead) I eked out a victory.

Rolled Nero with the resulting ticket, so as far as I'm concerned I'm done with this event. :toot:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I have 4* Nero already plus a copy for NP2, so I'm saving my tickets for the next Event unless it's Servants are also meh.

I generally *would* like to Collect the Saberfaces since I have a few but not with such a low supply, I prefer to have 2-3 10 rolls of free Quartz stockpiled, plus 1 40$ purchase of Quartz and around 20-30 Summon Tickets saved up. I like to maximize my odds a bit each event without spending money I can't afford and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The best part about fighting Siegfried today is that for once Angra Mainyu is legitimately useful because Verg Avesta doesn't give a poo poo about Armor of Fafnir. :v: