Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Cake Attack posted:

If your biggest problem with prism illya is how well it fits the established type moon lore, you have brain problems
Man people were just talking about that one scene, no need to be saying mean words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Rodyle posted:

Where do the sloppy makeouts fit in?

have you watched a magical girl show before

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I will say very mean words to weirdos who watch prism illya

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

It's not a magical girl show if there aren't a poo poo ton of implied lesbians.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Where do the sloppy makeouts fit in?

Hidden folders in an external HDD

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh christ, noooooo turn left thread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

You have my blade.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
sdojsdkjfkl;djf

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm about halfway through Fate/stay Night, is it ever explained where the teacher/Caster's master was during the Fate route? Also caster is op.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Cake Attack posted:

I don't even know where I fit on that category having basically only seen that fight scene and the fight scenes with Bazette.

Beef Chief posted:

sdojsdkjfkl;djf
Hi Beef. Haven't seen you around much

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been busy

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

RatHat posted:

I'm about halfway through Fate/stay Night, is it ever explained where the teacher/Caster's master was during the Fate route? Also caster is op.

In the first 13 days he was teaching at school, or he was sleeping or chatting with Caster at the temple. He was not very interested in the Grail, after all. Then he and Assassin are butchered by Gilgamesh, so Caster decides to steal Saber. Then she is killed too, by Gil again.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

3 days away and you queers talk about the pedo anime. Epic.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

3 days away and you queers talk about the pedo anime. Epic.

I'm screaming.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Twiddy posted:

Yeah the actual problem is that she shouldn't be able to make an Excalibur copy as strong as the original, let alone stronger, let alone stronger than one with Saber Alter mana behind it (if that's supposed to be similar to the real Saber Alter). Then again, wonky doujin mechanics I guess Ilya is just better than all the servants.

Ok having never really watched that show, beyond that fight and a couple other scenes, but I think I can still give a Nasuverse answer.

Ilya much like saber has a gigantic magic circuit, but she has the added bonus of being a holy grail. Now I'm assuming that the heroic spirits (or what was left of them) that she defeats during the series get pulled into her, thus turning her into a perpetual motion machine for mana generation. Also because the heroic spirits are but shadows of their former selves, the part where she eventually breaks down and dies is probably avoided.

So basically with the crazy big magic circuit she has and the added bonus of being able to access holy grail levels of mana, she can basically pull off OP as all hell attacks if she were to transform into a heroic spirit.

TL;DR Ilya is a magical girl and friendship wins in this type of show.

Now lets talk about something other then Prisma Ilya, please.

Myurton fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 28, 2015

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Myurton posted:

Ok having never really watched that show, beyond that fight and a couple other scenes, but I think I can still give a Nasuverse answer.

Ilya much like saber has a gigantic magic circuit, but she has the added bonus of being a holy grail. Now I'm assuming that the heroic spirits (or what was left of them) that she defeats during the series get pulled into her, thus turning her into a perpetual motion machine for mana generation. Also because the heroic spirits are but shadows of their former selves, the part where she eventually breaks down and dies is probably avoided.

So basically with the crazy big magic circuit she has and the added bonus of being able to access holy grail levels of mana, she can basically pull off OP as all hell attacks if she were to transform into a heroic spirit.

TL;DR Ilya is a magical girl and friendship wins in this type of show.

Now lets talk about something other then Prisma Ilya, please.

It's simpler, she's literally channeling mana from parallel realities with Zeltretch's gem wands.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

its magic~

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jesus Christ.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I am the bone of my keyboard

Anime is my body and shitposting my blood

I have created over a thousand posts

Unknown to mods, nor known to admins

Have withstood trolls to create many posts

Yet these eyes will never watch anything

So as I pray, unlimited shitposts

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
Are we ever going to see an english translation to Witch on the Holy Night? Also what ever happened to that Fate/Hollow Ataraxia voice patch that some crazy person was working on?

Also still waiting on that Heavens Feel movie or movie series, I really hope it'll be a series of movies, like Kara no Kyoukai.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Myurton posted:

Also still waiting on that Heavens Feel movie or movie series, I really hope it'll be a series of movies, like Kara no Kyoukai.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Two movies would be ok, seven is too far imo

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Namtab posted:

Seven would be perfect in all the wrong ways.

Hell, just make each day a movie.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Movie 7 is 50 minutes of live action footage of Nasu moving a plush Dojo Sakura through the air making airplane noises.

Please look forward to it

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Movie 7 is 50 minutes of live action footage of Nasu moving a plush Dojo Sakura through the air making airplane noises.

Please look forward to it
I'd watch the movie and buy the plush Dojo Sakura tie-in merchandise.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The climax is Takeuchi coming into frame with plush Dojo Rin, whereupon they start having dogfights.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't understand why Rule Breaker transfers ownership of a servant instead of just making the servant ownerless. Also it gives 3 command spells so with 2 people swapping back and forth you could have infinite.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Namtab posted:

Well they need more then one movie what with all the content in Heavens Feel. I'd prefer three movies to be honest, though I don't know how that would work, like how they would split the story up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RatHat posted:

I don't understand why Rule Breaker transfers ownership of a servant instead of just making the servant ownerless. Also it gives 3 command spells so with 2 people swapping back and forth you could have infinite.
I think that's just a quirk of Caster being an extraordinary magus. It's not like Shirou took a hold of Avenger after stabbing Sakura.

rvm
May 6, 2013
The second movie would suuuuuuck, though. Unless it's literally mapo tofu scene stretched to an hour and a half.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
They can include all the dead ends and Taiga dojo scenes. In UBW there were scenes like Caster holding Taiga hostage that would have been cool to see the dead end. It's much more horrific knowing that everything Caster promises Shirou is true instead of assuming she's spouting generic villainous lies.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

rvm posted:

The second movie would suuuuuuck, though. Unless it's literally mapo tofu scene stretched to an hour and a half.

An hour and a half of intricately detailed shots of mapo tofu followed by a rundown on the entire history of the dish and several recipes would be rad and totally up Nasu's alley.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Trihugger posted:

They can include all the dead ends and Taiga dojo scenes. In UBW there were scenes like Caster holding Taiga hostage that would have been cool to see the dead end. It's much more horrific knowing that everything Caster promises Shirou is true instead of assuming she's spouting generic villainous lies.

That dead end in particular is one of my favorites. If you don't choose the right option in that scene, it leads to Shirou being captured and put in some really sick incubator-thing for an unspecified amount of time until Rin comes to bail him out, and after seeing his pathetic body crumpled on the floor, she decides to leave him alone and continue the war by herself.

The best dead ends were always the ones that had super elaborate scenes before the ending, like the one in Fate where if you decide not to investigate the basement of the church, Kirei eventually makes a house call and shows Shirou the body of one of the kids in the basement before killing him, while Lancer is fighting with Saber.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sylphid posted:

That dead end in particular is one of my favorites. If you don't choose the right option in that scene, it leads to Shirou being captured and put in some really sick incubator-thing for an unspecified amount of time until Rin comes to bail him out, and after seeing his pathetic body crumpled on the floor, she decides to leave him alone and continue the war by herself.

No, Rin knew Shirou would die outside of the incubator/tank thing. She was mercy killing him.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fate/Grand Order's been released for iOS/Android devices.

REGION LOCKED. :argh:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Just install the APK like usual with region locked games.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Man, some of these Heroic Spirits though.. I got these off of /a/ so it wouldn't surprise me if they were fake. But it also wouldn't surprise me if they were real. The katakana does match up so yeah...

Gaius Julius Caesar

Alexander (the Twink)

Calamity Jane (could be fake)

Matthew Kiriraito (Kirilight? Rumors are its genderbent Matthew the Apostle)

(Possibly) Attila and (Certainly) Darius

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fat Caesar lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also the Clown guy is Mephistopheles. What the Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum