Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Actually Red Dwarf or Dr. Who sound like good equivalents. Especially given the modern Dr. Who fanbase.

fe: Oh poo poo actually are we talking like a less disgusting and criminal Cosby situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
This podcast is pretty funny I'm glad I know it exists now. Though that one where they talk about the new starwars and got kind of angry going on about how people can only possibly dislike the main character if they hate women got a bit weird. I hope they don't do that more.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I liked that. It's nice to know that unlike some geeks who yell at movies they don't have weird, angry opinions about women.

Jack Gladney posted:

He's a comforting and comfortable benign fixture from childhood for a lot of us, like Far Side cartoons or Red Dwarf on PBS. I don't know what an international equivalent would be--Dr. Who? Tintin? Except now he's evil. It's disorienting for us.

Red Dwarf and Doctor Who are both awesome and have both turned evil at some point, but they've always had way more depth than Gallagher. Doctor Who has been politically angry at various points - one showrunner joined to 'overthrow the [Thatcher] government' in the 80s - but it's always been way more humane.

A Peter Capaldi/Gallagher yell-off would be fun.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think the Gallagher situation would be more like if... *hastily reads Wikipedia* the Chuckle Brothers came out and said horrible things about Indian people or whatever Brits are racist against these days.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's hard to come up with British equivalents because lately it seems like if they were famous, male, and on TV in the past four decades, it's a coinflip whether or not they're a child molester.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
After a night of playing Lucio in Overwatch, I randomly listened to the Only the Strong episode, and I need to watch it now. It sounds AWESOME.
But no Eddie Gordo references? Guess the guys only play Mortal Kombat.
Which I just got (the new one), and when my friend kept knowing all the dumb random characters I thought of WHM.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

After a night of playing Lucio in Overwatch, I randomly listened to the Only the Strong episode, and I need to watch it now. It sounds AWESOME.
Which I just got (the new one), and when my friend kept knowing all the dumb random characters I thought of WHM.

I hope you read the manual.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's worth listening to the whole WTF interview with Gallagher. It starts off, for a good 10-15 minutes, with Gallagher sounding like an affable old queen sharing snarky memories with Marc about old comedy stuff, then just starts ratcheting up until you get amazing things like Maron asking "Do you believe in God?" and him saying "Of course not, I'm a comedian" which probably wouldn't play well with his apparent target audience.

Then again there's always been a weird hate for his audience in his old shows. You see, this watermelon represents my contempt for you white middle-class chucklefucks, and me spraying it all over you... well you get the idea, you syon of a byitch

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Count Chocula posted:

I can't listen to that episode because they pronounce capoeira wrong every time. Capoeta is a genus of fish, capoeira is the martial art. That might just be my personal problem though.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

precision posted:

Basically Gallagher was a gay hippie stoner who somehow turned into a right wing nutjob closet case.

If you're the former you don't need to "turn into" the latter

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

If you're the former you don't need to "turn into" the latter

Yeah I know tons of hippie stoners and some follow the conspiracy theory rabbit-hole to right-wing crazytown. Or they pull a Robert Anton Wilson and go Libertarian.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
He's had heart problems on stage, sometimes stuff like that can cause personality changes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

precision posted:

Basically Gallagher was a gay hippie stoner who somehow turned into a right wing nutjob closet case. If you can find the unedited video of his first ever performance in a New York City underground comedy club, it's actually kind of great. I think it was on Hulu or Netflix recently.

Almost exactly what happened to Michael Savage.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dmitri-9 posted:

He's had heart problems on stage, sometimes stuff like that can cause personality changes.

Like Kevin Sorbo becoming a born-again fundie after a series of chiropractic adjustment-induced strokes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Ha, yeah I thought of that right after typing it.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Is he the one that sounds like Master Shake?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I've been on stage with Gallagher. He pulled me and a girl on stage to help open some cans. Then he made fun of my name (Eric) and make me wear a penis hat while he made jokes about me and the girl getting it on.

Later he made me wear a raccoon hat thing, and make me pretend to poop on the audience while throwing pumpkin pie filling.

Yes this happened.

Sorry the pics are bad but there taken fifteen years ago on a Nokia Feature phone.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Corek posted:

No that's Mark Levin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYz0RaZSMsA

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUcRUbZbas

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Count Chocula posted:

Revisiting the Godzilla episode the other day, when it got to the part about GZ's radioactive piss melting people, I was a little puzzled they didn't throw in a reference to Primal Rage, given all the MK mentions they drop. It may not have been anywhere as big as MK or Street Fighter, but most people of that era threw a few quarters at it, right?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Count Chocula posted:

I could swear Steve or Eric made a Tekken joke at some point, but I can't remember what it was or which episode.

Any guesses as to the rest of the Summer Blockbuster Extravaganza line-up?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Crowetron posted:

I could swear Steve or Eric made a Tekken joke at some point, but I can't remember what it was or which episode.

Any guesses as to the rest of the Summer Blockbuster Extravaganza line-up?

Andrew said on Twitter that Speed 2 would be one of them.

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/735317847816167424

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wow I could have sworn they did that movie already.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

weekly font posted:

Wow I could have sworn they did that movie already.

It was a Stay Tuned mention because of how much Andrew hated some gag where a guy gets his car wrecked in the first movie, and then he gets his boat wrecked in the 2nd.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Scratchman Apoo posted:

It was a Stay Tuned mention because of how much Andrew hated some gag where a guy gets his car wrecked in the first movie, and then he gets his boat wrecked in the 2nd.

Ug, I know exactly the guy. It's such a groaner.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Their Lambert impression has been making the rounds in my head all day.

heh heh heh

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I want their Lambert to meet Jon Stewart's George W Bush.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Does anyone remember which episode had Andrew saying "if you can find an Orc in The Seventh Seal I'll go down on you" and Eric replying "oooh, I'll have to go frame by frame"?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
#OnlyAtButtons

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Does anyone remember which episode had Andrew saying "if you can find an Orc in The Seventh Seal I'll go down on you" and Eric replying "oooh, I'll have to go frame by frame"?

Why, did you find one?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

thrawn527 posted:

Why, did you find one?

I wish :(

Nah I just remembered that line this morning and I wanted to listen to that bit again

Edit: dungeons and dragons

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 27, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, the Buttons stuff slayed me. Also I would watch DJ DEA.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I kinda liked Speed 2, definitely not a good movie, but it is a fun ride.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

My god, the Buttons thing is real.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1957&dat=20021103&id=7XsuAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7YkFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3200,1233172&hl=en

Stolen from their Twitter

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

Kinda, I never thought of it like that.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Invalid Validation posted:

I kinda liked Speed 2, definitely not a good movie, but it is a fun ride.

I feel the same way. It's a fun bad movie instead of a boring bad movie.

Speaking of that, I watch London Has Fallen last weekend and it was the same category of bad movie. Our hero definitely American "Mike" is saved by the president when the president comes out from hiding in a closet and shoots a bad guy point blank in the head. Mike says "Glad you finally came out of the closet." Groannnnn

Hope it is a stay tuned too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

"Robert M. Buttons, Jr."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Trillhouse posted:

I feel the same way. It's a fun bad movie instead of a boring bad movie.

Speaking of that, I watch London Has Fallen last weekend and it was the same category of bad movie. Our hero definitely American "Mike" is saved by the president when the president comes out from hiding in a closet and shoots a bad guy point blank in the head. Mike says "Glad you finally came out of the closet." Groannnnn

Hope it is a stay tuned too.

Didn't they do a live show on it? I seem to remember American "Mike" coming up more than once.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

No the live show was for Olympus Has Fallen, which London Has Fallen is a sequel to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The motherfucker behind Buttons is actually literally named Bobby Button in the real world that we live in :stare:

Only at Buttons, holy poo poo