Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yeah I like it best when they cover mediocre movies that everyone thought were good at the time, like Face/Off and My Best Friend's Wedding.

I mean, they were pretty into Face/Off too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I still feel like Mrs. Doubtfire is the perfect intersection of things that make the podcast work.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

porfiria posted:

I still feel like Mrs. Doubtfire is the perfect intersection of things that make the podcast work.

Yeah you need:

1. A movie all 90s kids have seen
2. Actors the guys can do a fun impression of (Fierstein and WIlliams)
3. Dawning realization that an innocuous element of the movie is actually horrifying (Williams's character is allowed near children?)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Calaveron posted:

What were you describing?

FF The Spirits Within

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

porfiria posted:

:agreed:

See also Babycakes for a supposedly fun, feel-good movie about a neglected girl getting her man a psychotic misfit who stalks, gropes and seduces a complete stranger

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Didn't like the Ghosts Can't Do It episode much. some nice bits but I couldn't follow the plot or who the characters were. That made it hard to follow. Maybe the movie was a mess but I think the team could have been a bit more disciplined and the nuttiness of the plot would have been effective. Too many tangents, a bit long.

Grade: B-

I'd say this was a poor man's Blame it on Rio or whatever that George Burns bodyswap movie was.

Grrrrrr. Why did they delete the descriptions in the episode list?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

I'd say this was a poor man's Blame it on Rio or whatever that George Burns bodyswap movie was.

Grrrrrr. Why did they delete the descriptions in the episode list?

18 Again.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I loved ghosts can't do it, mostly because it was fun to hear the fellas Trump impressions which I think was like 99% of the reason they decided to do that film in the first place.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Thanks! That'll be next on my listen-again list.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Red Bones posted:

I loved ghosts can't do it, mostly because it was fun to hear the fellas Trump impressions which I think was like 99% of the reason they decided to do that film in the first place.

A bigly reason, the best reason.

Fake edit.
Autocorrect changed bigly to bigot lol

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I do hope they stay away from trump now, though. There were a couple of episodes where they'd have long bits about Mary Sue's that hurt older episodes a bit.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 7, 2016

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The WHM guys do long winded derails about all kinds of dated poo poo and it's always funny.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
speaking of good derails, both the Lobo derail and "I learned the hard way, don't watch Dead Alive with your grandmother" "...You needed a warning for that?" were pro rear end moments in a good rear end episode.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Tall glasses of water means bong right?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Tall glasses of water means bong right?

Yes.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

They definitely need to do a Wishmaster film for Spooktacular one year. I really need to hear the boys' Andrew Divoff impressions.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
They need to do Home Alone 2 and start talking about how we should not worry about either Donald Trump or Mike Pence

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The Vosgian Beast posted:

They need to do Home Alone 2 and start talking about how we should not worry about either Donald Trump or Mike Pence

Home Alone 2's got a lot of great poo poo to talk about. I'd love to hear them break down Harry and Marv's operation or explain the Pigeon Lady.

It crams so much of central Manhattan in your face too, I bet the folks from out on garbage island have something to say about that.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I may have terrible taste but I actually really liked the first Childs Play movie. The sequels are unwatchable though.

Poison Ivy is one of my favorites in the back catalogue. Whenever I'm trying to describe to someone why sexualizing teenage girls is gross (like describing why Bratz make me uncomfortable) I pull out Steve Sadjak's "Mmmm, sexy babies" riff. I think I like listening to the guys cringe and squirm.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Crocobile posted:

I may have terrible taste but I actually really liked the first Childs Play movie. The sequels are unwatchable though.

Curse of Chucky (the latest one) worked for me. It got rid of a decent chunk of the lolmonkeycheese humor.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I do hope they stay away from trump now, though. There were a couple of episodes where they'd have long bits about Mary Sue's that hurt older episodes a bit.

I can't believe anyone is still salty about that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I hope they hit trump harder, if anything. It's more appropriate now versus if he lost.

But above all else I'm looking forward to the next episode.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I hope they hit trump harder, if anything. It's more appropriate now versus if he lost.

But above all else I'm looking forward to the next episode.

I sent them a tweet today letting them know that I'm going thru their backlog to keep myself sane today. No matter how lovely things are going, Abraxas will always cheer me up, even if it's just for an hour or so.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

ghost emoji posted:

I sent them a tweet today letting them know that I'm going thru their backlog to keep myself sane today. No matter how lovely things are going, Abraxas will always cheer me up, even if it's just for an hour or so.

It's definitely a Jim Belushi movie episode marathon type of day.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Fezz posted:

It's definitely a Jim Belushi movie episode marathon type of day.

CANNONBALL!!!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
FAT GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I got sidetracked and never finished Ghosts Can't Do It.

Not sure I can. :smith:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TetsuoTW posted:

I can't believe anyone is still salty about that.

There's probably people still pissed off about the BVS episode. People have the weirdest hangups.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I'm pretty sure the guy counting ballots in my state was Secundus.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy counting ballots in my state was Secundus.

You're telling me Mike Pence's full name is Mike Pecundus and I'm supposed to believe this guy is NOT Secondus?

ghost emoji fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 10, 2016

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

No wonder Trump is so keen on a wall, that's where he can get the Anti-Life Equation!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Justin J Case is on the next episode, i'm excited. I love jjcase episodes, they're always really good!

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Yeah, I'm going to need some good WHM episodes to get me through the next few... well years probably

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
https://twitter.com/jupin/status/796549371483553796

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The election has shown me how much I love Trump impressions and now we're in for a lot more, hold on to your butts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus, how many of the worst movies ever has Steve Guttenberg been in?

(All of them, the answer is all of them)

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

precision posted:

Jesus, how many of the worst movies ever has Steve Guttenberg been in?

(All of them, the answer is all of them)

It's way easier to try to figure out if he's been in any decent movies, which might just be The Boys From Brazil and Diner. I've actually never seen Cocoon, so maybe that one too.

I do have a soft spot for the Miami Beach Police Academy because I've seen it dozens of times for some reason, but that's the one he's not in. I think they've mentioned one of those movies as a stay tuned, I'd like to hear that one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
After this week I need the Nexus more than ever.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I was delighted to hear Andrew make fun of everyone who asks why he pronounces words funny sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Ror posted:

It's way easier to try to figure out if he's been in any decent movies, which might just be The Boys From Brazil and Diner. I've actually never seen Cocoon, so maybe that one too.

I do have a soft spot for the Miami Beach Police Academy because I've seen it dozens of times for some reason, but that's the one he's not in. I think they've mentioned one of those movies as a stay tuned, I'd like to hear that one.

It's worth putting out there that Steve Guttenberg is the star of two movies about giant spiders made of lava. The first one, at least, stars two other Police Academy alums and involves a robot suit.