Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'd love a back to back WHM of Space Jam 2 and a WLM of Space Jam 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
They already did Space Jam 1 six years ago.

https://headgum.com/we-hate-movies/episode-205-space-jam

They did not care for it.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I'd love a back to back WHM of Space Jam 2 and a WLM of Space Jam 1

Making a WLM out of a WHM episode? The only thing they would love is Lola i guess, since they want SEX.IN.MOVIES.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Would love to hear them poo poo on that new boss baby movie

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Big Mackson posted:

Making a WLM out of a WHM episode? The only thing they would love is Lola i guess, since they want SEX.IN.MOVIES.

:negative:

Just 13 episodes before I discovered WHM

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
So you didn't immediately binge the back catalog? For shame.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

explosivo posted:

Would love to hear them poo poo on that new boss baby movie

I really don't want to watch that movie, so please no.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Honey Shrunkers

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Zurtilik posted:

Honey Shrunkers

You like jazz??

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I remember doing the honey I shrunk the audience thing at disney as a young kid and it scared the poo poo out of me. Something about that crunchy early 90's 3D effects combined with the startling air poofs and misting that really hosed with me. I think I had a similar reaction to the T2 3d thing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

explosivo posted:

I remember doing the honey I shrunk the audience thing at disney as a young kid and it scared the poo poo out of me. Something about that crunchy early 90's 3D effects combined with the startling air poofs and misting that really hosed with me. I think I had a similar reaction to the T2 3d thing.

I did that thing too! I remember nothing of it, but I was easily scared as a kid so my reaction was probably much like yours.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Judging by a certain throwaway comment in this latest ep, I have the feeling that Home Sweet Home Alone is a shoe-in for Worst of 2021.

EDIT: Oh right, they are doing the actual Home Alone as a WLM and that's what the comment was alluding to. I bet they could still do HSHA.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 18, 2021

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

AceOfFlames posted:

Judging by a certain throwaway comment in this latest ep, I have the feeling that Home Sweet Home Alone is a shoe-in for Worst of 2021.

I’m surprised they haven’t done any of the sequels after 2. Those seem like prime early WHM material.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Saw the boys tonight and it was a good time. Good energy from the crowd and Under Siege is a fun, dumb movie so there was lots to talk about. Not too rowdy, which can probably be attributed to the venue running out of everything but Angry Orchard after 3 consecutive nights of Chris Rock. Sadly the posters seem to be stuck in merch shipping hell but I hope we’ll have a chance to pick one up at some point.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
We Hate Movies 2021 Spectacular: Oops all Disney! Edition.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Prop Wash posted:

Sadly the posters seem to be stuck in merch shipping hell but I hope we’ll have a chance to pick one up at some point.

That's a bummer because it looks like they got them for the next stop and they're dope as hell

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1461718356227235844

:(

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I have seen the direct-to-video sequel Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves at least twenty times, because for whatever reason when I was younger I would constantly rent that or Jingle All the Way.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Andorra posted:

I have seen the direct-to-video sequel Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves at least twenty times, because for whatever reason when I was younger I would constantly rent that or Jingle All the Way.
Is that the one where one of the kids has a potassium deficiency and the other kids need to feed him bananas at one point?

I saw that one multiple times as a kid too. I'm not sure why. I had never seen the original until I watched it before the episode on Monday night :shobon:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

Is that the one where one of the kids has a potassium deficiency and the other kids need to feed him bananas at one point?

It is. I once saw half of it. Didn't care for it.

The Honey, I've Shrunk The Kids TV show OTOH was my jam as a kid. As a result, whenever I think of Wayne Szalinski, I think of Peter Scolari (RIPD), not Rick Moranis.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Can definitely see them doing the new Mortal Kombat. There were way worse movies this year but it will for sure make a great episode.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I went to Toronto as a kid and there were Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves posters EVERYWHERE. When I finally saw it, I remember thinking "THIS is the movie they were proud enough of to slather every bus terminal and subway station?"

Pops Mgee posted:

Can definitely see them doing the new Mortal Kombat. There were way worse movies this year but it will for sure make a great episode.

"In lieu of the VHS Trailer Game... what do you think Cole's power is?"

"COMPLETE AND TOTAL BULLSHIT?"

"And that's Szyska for the win."

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I have more memories about Honey, We Blew Up The Kid and the direct-to-video sequel than the original. I was watching the former when I was really young so those memories are pretty vague but I remember a lot about Shrunk Ourselves, like Mila Kunis in an early role and the shrunk adults hacking a stereo system so one of the dads can pretend to be God.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/OatseGary/status/1462165594615263237

:eyepop:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Did anyone catch their live Q&A thing on Instagram earlier? I would've watched but I don't use IG.
:lol: This rules

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 20, 2021

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I really wasn't expecting to find one of my own tweets in this thread

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hah, that's great. Eric retweeted it earlier so I saw it on my timeline :shobon:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

That’s a great idea.

**note to self, find a photo of a child soiling himself and get Sadjak to sign it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

If I've accomplished nothing else this year, I at least made Eric have to collect himself for about 20 seconds.

Also the Junior show was almost like a greatest hits album and it ruled. My solar plexus ached from losing it at Jupin's Tom Holland voice. I don't know why "MISTER STAAAARK?" has such a Pavlovian response

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I really wish there was more of a concerted effort by the fans to record the shows in bootleg form just so it’s still around for histories sake. If the mega potheads of Phish and Grateful Dead can do it then so can we goddammoot (brimley voice).

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

dorium posted:

I really wish there was more of a concerted effort by the fans to record the shows in bootleg form just so it’s still around for histories sake. If the mega potheads of Phish and Grateful Dead can do it then so can we goddammoot (brimley voice).

if I understood correctly they did record the previous shows on this tour to release later on. I certainly hope so, but then I try to collect bootlegs of every concert I attend.

Speaking of the Dead, I did get a fistbump from Jupin when I owned up to previously dissing the Dead and admitted I was wrong

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

dorium posted:

I believe the guys have said they aim to record everything themselves, it's just that Certain Venues have hosed this up.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

dorium posted:

That’s a great idea.

**note to self, find a photo of a child soiling himself and get Sadjak to sign it.

Oh poo poo, I want to get the deflated Spider-Man picture blown up for him to sign.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

dorium posted:

That’s a great idea.

I would say "just buy a child-size pair of jeans and pre-rip it on a fence", but you'd be even more likely to have the cops called on you than I was

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

secretly best girl posted:

I believe the guys have said they aim to record everything themselves, it's just that Certain Venues have hosed this up.
Yes, and then usually they release those as podcast eps later on, most frequently as fill-in episodes during their annual month off from the show in August.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Ror posted:

Oh poo poo, I want to get the deflated Spider-Man picture blown up for him to sign.

This is the move right here.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
The only live show since I've been listening that wasn't recorded is the National Treasure show (which is especially annoying since that's the one I was most looking forward to..)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wish According to Chelsea was real

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Andorra posted:

The only live show since I've been listening that wasn't recorded is the National Treasure show (which is especially annoying since that's the one I was most looking forward to..)

It was but there was a gently caress up

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Really good episodes lately, but holy crap the commercial breaks are running wild. 6+ minutes at the top of the show and multiple 3+ minute breaks per episode really throws off my drive time vibe. The most commercials of any podcast I subscribe to, by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

FistEnergy posted:

Really good episodes lately, but holy crap the commercial breaks are running wild. 6+ minutes at the top of the show and multiple 3+ minute breaks per episode really throws off my drive time vibe. The most commercials of any podcast I subscribe to, by far.

Those Cameos aren't gonna pay for themselves. :v:

That said, I wouldn't mind the Patreon feed getting ad-free versions of main feed episodes.

edit: Serious post, right now the ads at the start of the show are mainly for promoting their own stuff, which is fine, and a good idea. The other ads are Headgum's doing.