Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

n1 - I was VT
n2 - Ernie, he died
n3 - KFC, I think i suceeded but flavor isnt entirely clear.
n4 - Asiina, failed
n5 - Asiina, failed
n6 - KFC, he died
n7 - Asiina, success
n8 - Asiina, success
n9 - nobody

so yeah, if Asiina's scum then I've got mega egg on my face for falling for it but it is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Winged Orpheus posted:

n1 - I was VT
n2 - Ernie, he died
n3 - KFC, I think i suceeded but flavor isnt entirely clear.
n4 - Asiina, failed
n5 - Asiina, failed
n6 - KFC, he died
n7 - Asiina, success
n8 - Asiina, success
n9 - nobody

so yeah, if Asiina's scum then I've got mega egg on my face for falling for it but it is possible.

do you know what you're fail/successing here?

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

I don't understand the question. Night 4 was the first time I got a clear success/fail message with my flavor.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

wrt asiina

is there any language to imply you actually aided anything or is it just whether you got there

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

All i got was whether my empowering succeeded or failed. I got nothing w/r/t any action they may or may not have done.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Oh hey, confirmation of my hiding N5 then.

I was mason-jailed N4 with derp and I hid N5, which is why it failed.

For the record I've received no such notices, but I haven't had a night action since N1 anyway.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

So I think it's Chic, but I'm not sure if I want to stake the game on it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah I can't figure this puzzle out. I'm sticking with no lynch. Final answer.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tbf asii you already claimed both the derp jail and the hide already

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I know.

Like I honestly can't figure it out. Everyone has points for and against them and we just don't have enough information to make a definitive call. I think we should just wait until tomorrow and we can be spared this guessing game.

The alternative is a whole bunch of circular arguments about whether things were done for town cred or not. Night actions are real or not.

It would be great if scum claimed tomorrow and you can just make your choice, and if they don't then at least we'll be down a person and it'll be easier to decide.

So yeah, no lynch 4 lyfe.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'm just a passenger at this point anyway :shrug:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ugggh yeah, I'm down with a no-lynch at this point ##vote nl

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

I have no clue what the gently caress but yeah, MYLO is when you no-lynch

## vote no lynch

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

The server regulars, or what was left of them, decided to match the nothingness of the night with further nothingness. Horray for nothingness! Fatal1ty shakes his head.

You have no lynched! It is now n10

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Another day dawns and another person has been chased out of the server. It seems the person most attuned to Aztec has been frustrated to the point of never touching a competitive FPS again. A pity.

Winged Orpheus, CS Aligned Map Expert, has been driven into total Solitaire!

The server seems to spring to life, ready to usher in a day of finality. An end to the lag. A day that may well lead to enjoying Counterstrike in peace...or its total destruction. If this simple server cannot be saved from the likes of trolls and noobs, then what does that say of the competitive scene at large? A loss here would be a rallying cry for noobs everywhere, a song told that says Video Games will no longer be competitive, that TF2 hat collection and showmanship is the future, that Skyrim will be the pinnacle of difficulty expected of our youths. The dangerous trend is so very close to setting in. This is everything! This is the final stand for CS, and fatal1ty has the following question: Are you game enough?

IT IS NOW DAY 11! THERE IS NO DEADLINE UNLESS YOU GUYS REALLY MAKE ME SET ONE!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop

Votecount for Day 11

Not Voting (3): Asiina, Chic Trombone, Tremendous Taste

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

:ghost: Noooooooooooo. Go Town! :ghost:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

So, one Survivor, one Town, and one Scum.

I'm not the scum so it's gotta be Asiina

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

##vote Asiina

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote asii

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

:redhammer:

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

:ghost: after i voted last night and went to bed I realized that "survivor" really is the perfect scum gambit. TT if you're scum I'm gonna be so mad.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

same

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Oh hey, thanks for loving it up without me being around.

gently caress you.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

:ghost: :f5:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

town loses gg

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

The server is dead quiet. The day had barely begun when Chic Trombone glares over at Asiina. "I know what you are, I've always known. You think you're so good at the game, huh? Well guess what. You've been cheating and I know all about it. My friend played ESEA with you a couple of seasons back and he told me. It's time to...take out the trash."
Asiina is only able to mutter "???" into allchat before the server vote is called. Tremendous Taste, having been sitting on the sideline with no claim to the fight, stands and presses f1. There is finality. Asiina drops her guns to the ground in total disgust at the outcome before her player model vanishes, leaving an AK with only two rounds left in it. That's something only scum would do. A sigh of relief is heard throughout the server.

..or is it? Tremendous Taste uncrouches and begins to speak. "Well done, Chic. Well done indeed. You've gotten rid of the greatest threat of all." As he speaks, his tone slowly changes from a sullen, uncaring man to that of a demonic sounding 12 year old boy. "I can now open the floodgates. My noob friends will be playing in this server now. Everyone gets an awp and a maphack. And it's all thanks to you!" As he laughs, Chic realizes what she's done. Rather than live in shame on the server secluded in that weird part of T spawn nobody hangs out in, Chic does the honorable thing by opening console and typing "kill".

The battle for competition is over and, ironically, anti-competition has won.

Asiina, CS-aligned ESEA Professional, has been kicked from the server!
Chic Trombone, CS-aligned Pubbie, has been endgamed!

and...

Tremendous Taste, n00b aligned Organner, has won the game for the n00bz!

The game is over!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A :swoon:

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nnPI2hWsUB-WyC_gZrG8D7ZXZIl56yiM_gDltW9fsxQ/edit?usp=sharing

Here's the spectator doc for anybody who wants to see the breakdown on night actions. There's a tab detailing all of that!

I'm writing up my final notes as we speak.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I believed in you, Taste, how could you do this to me

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Goddamnit, i knew it. Especially since there was already a survivor flip.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I'm so tired of losing lylo because people jump the gun while I'm in meetings.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I am legitimately angry, I don't even give a poo poo about the breakdown anymore. Unsubscribing.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Good game, Diqnol. I had a lot of fun.

Gotta say though, renaming all the roles like that with no clue what's what really makes things a lot harder.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Also good call killing me TT cause I was definitely going to vote you first thing out of the gate if I lived.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't think town played a bad game, and they were at a disadvantage with nonspecific flips, but similarly we only had 4 scum so all in all a good game imo

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

So. There were a number of things I did wrong in this game, and I'm going to list them all now.

- First and foremost, I should not have modkilled Allen Wren. He did absolutely nothing wrong. I mean yeah, he was lurking a bunch, but he wasn't deserving of a modkill at all and that's totally my fault. I should have checked his posts. I wonder at times how the game would have gone had I not done that :(

-The KFC/LM thing. When Amoeba used his second day action, it made a VT an Enabler. What happened the night of the confusion is LM gave Asiina a hide. As far as he knew, he was giving it as a standard night action. However, when I made the game, I made that role to be a sort of pre-night action alongside the Jailor so the hide could be used immediately. What happened was KFC targeted Asiina the night LM gave it to her and was, in fact, ENABLED by Winged Orpheus, leading to KFC being able to watch her through the hide anyway. I decided that KFC wouldn't see anyone that visited Asiina that night because she was supposed to be untargetable. There was also an attempt to kill Asiina that night that was prevented by the untargetable nature of Asiina's hide, so KFC would never have seen that, but in retrospect I should have made it clear to LM it was a twilight action. I will say that LM worded it awkwardly, though, and that didn't help him.

- Lurking. This is what hosed the game up the most. I didn't do my usual thing of making sure the players I wanted in my game signed up to give us a decent participation amount, but what it really came down to was me getting replacements, I think. I ended up getting 4 of them but the game ran at a time I feel nobody was really wanting to play mafia, or maybe it was because I was mod, who knows. Point being, I decided enough was enough and decreed I would start modkilling. I really hate to modkill though so I really only said it as an empty threat. And then the Allen Wren thing happened.

-Rarity played lights out this game. She withheld her kill for loving ever and it very nearly paid off big, but in the end it seems to have backfired. Give her a hand for an excellent try!

I hope you guys enjoyed this game but I can understand if you didn't. I'll be around to answer any further questions you might have.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Winged Orpheus posted:

Good game, Diqnol. I had a lot of fun.

Gotta say though, renaming all the roles like that with no clue what's what really makes things a lot harder.

Well, I feel the scum team was pretty nerfed to balance against that. I find that keeping the flips a mystery prevents people from "Gaming the system", something I find to be insanely unfun. It also gets people more interested.. usually.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Oh, one more thing. I did it true RNG in this game, so if you're wondering how the teams balanced out that way, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah Rar had an insanely ballsy play, grats to her.

I just saw Merk's cheer sheet <3

• Locked thread