Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Good week for Nick DiPaulo too, he was on Amy Schumer and Louie this week, did a good job on both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I cant stop singing "Please die you dying babies, in my diarrheaaaaaaaaaaa!" which is slightly problematic.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Good week for Nick DiPaulo too, he was on Amy Schumer and Louie this week, did a good job on both.

Yeah, that 12 Angry Men episode of Inside Amy was great (as this season has been so far). I urge this thread to check it out.
Nick was awesome.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That episode was Groundhog Day combined with Nightmare on Elm Street, with the ending of Super Mario Bros. 2 thrown in for good measure. An absolute masterpiece.

JoshGuitar posted:

I had to rewind my DVR and listen to Jane's monologue at the doctor's office 3 times. It's been mentioned several times what a phenomenal actress she is for her age, and that was a really compelling performance.
Jane and the wiseass doctor were the highlights of last season. Go figure that they appear in this episode.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm really thankful I watched the last episode earlier today, instead of last night when it aired. The first appearance of that monster was one of the scariest things I've ever seen on television. I actually called for my dog to come in the room just so someone else would be nearby.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Y-Hat posted:

Jane and the wiseass doctor were the highlights of last season. Go figure that they appear in this episode.
Yeah, I love when the kid who plays Jane gets to shine. Next week's episode is appearantly about her hosting her own sleepover so that should be great. (Although the summary for this ep was "Jane goes to the doctor", so who knows).

Also after that eps 7 and 8 are gonna be another two-parter about Louie on the road.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 9, 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I enjoyed 50% of that episode, which makes it the best episode of this season and most of last season

I think Louie is at it's best when it's about a broken man trying to raise his daughters in a world he's scared of + life, like the joke stealer.

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 9, 2015

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jewmanji posted:

This is one of the best analyses I've read of Louie yet. It really reminds me that even when Louis CK seems to be just making GBS threads around having fun with the show, he's still putting enough subtext into it to qualify as a bona-fide prestige drama, and that even when the only organizing principle of the show seems to be disorder, he's still being very deliberate about every shot.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2015/05/louie_season_5_the_surprising_evolution_of_louis_ck_s_philosophy_of_love.html

I think it does an incredible job of explaining the shows obsession with gender fluidity and how it affects Louie's relationship with Pamela.
This misses the whole part where she hosed him in the rear end and then dumped him after she got anal. The "equal" prog relationship doesn't work, but when Louie embraces a more traditional masculine role in the next episode he can sleep again at night and doesn't dream about having a mutant wiener.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 9, 2015

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

So I flew home just now after a very long week, am tired past the point of sleeping, and smoked a huge joint. And watched this loving masterpiece. Am I going to die?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I'm pretty sure this story was broken under similar circumstances, you'll be fine. Or die.

BTW Louis is hosting SNL next week.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I might be broken because everyone I know who saw this episode thought the tiny-eyed naked man was creepy and scary as hell, but I couldn't stop laughing every time he was on screen. When he suddenly jumped out of the darkness outside Louie's door I was laughing so hard I had to pause it. I'm still laughing just thinking about that scene.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I thought it was funny when it just jumped up on the doctor's desk and sat there in the light, but suddenly jumping out of the darkness and attacking it was nightmare fuel alright.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
they were credited as "Awful Being", lol

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Shoulda called it Glomster, since that's all it did.

I made the mistake of not paying attention and reading the first new posts in this thread after it aired before I had watched it, so the whole thing got spoiled for me. I enjoyed it but no fright or surprise. :(

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The red shorts took it into hilarity.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

sticklefifer posted:

I might be broken because everyone I know who saw this episode thought the tiny-eyed naked man was creepy and scary as hell, but I couldn't stop laughing every time he was on screen. When he suddenly jumped out of the darkness outside Louie's door I was laughing so hard I had to pause it. I'm still laughing just thinking about that scene.

I laughed out loud and also screamed inside when it showed up the first time. It was very confusing.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I am also frequently scared by basic cable comedies.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The doctor's disinterested "Yeah, sorry." after the Awful Being jumps up on his desk was perfect.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
This is the first episode of this season that I've really enjoyed. Grodin is just so on point as the doctor and the scenes with him were a highlight.

Also wasn't paying attention to the lyrics at all until reading the comments here afterward.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Haha everyone hates you :haw: is probably my favorite line of the season

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
What was the deal with the daughter in the Dr office at the start? Was that a dream too, or was she just making poo poo up to mess with them?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Nah that was reality. It's kind of a running theme that Jane is weird as all hell.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Yeah, like when she got off the subway because she thought she was still dreaming.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I love Todd Barry's character in this so much

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kevyn posted:

Nah that was reality. It's kind of a running theme that Jane is weird as all hell.

She hasn't done it in a while, but it kills me every time she says "Daddy" in that weird affected way.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

King Vidiot posted:

She hasn't done it in a while, but it kills me every time she says "Daddy" in that weird affected way.

I wish they'd do something with it because it kind of goes back and forth. That daddy stuff comes across as so fake and makes it clear she's making all this stuff up for attention but then other times like the subway and stuff it seems she has no real grasp on reality (even for a child that age). Seems disjointed.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I feel like when this show ends he'll just go all out in the last episode with some weird supernatural apocalypse scenario and it wouldn't feel out of place honestly

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ChesterJT posted:

I wish they'd do something with it because it kind of goes back and forth. That daddy stuff comes across as so fake and makes it clear she's making all this stuff up for attention but then other times like the subway and stuff it seems she has no real grasp on reality (even for a child that age). Seems disjointed.

It's disjointed because there's deliberately a lack of continuity between most episodes, and only when he feels like it. He works on themes across seasons often, but if something doesn't carry over between episodes it doesn't necessarily matter. It's just a different story he wants to tell.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Jesus christ that episode. I loved waving the baseball bat at the kids and telling them to have fun.

Also holy poo poo Louie's brother is dumb.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tranquilitaayooo

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Look at all these famous actors I can get to do small parts on my show!" :smuggo:

Louis CK is a boob.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

"Look at all these famous actors I can get to do small parts on my show!" :smuggo:

Louis CK is a boob.
He was taking his daughter to a pretentious play in New York. Lots of famous actors do pretentious plays in New York, so he had some famous actors in that scene.

Also all the actors in question (Lithgow, Close, Cera, Broderick) did star in actual Broadway plays recently.

I swear this show attracts the weirdest loving criticisms.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 15, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Tranquilitaayooo
"I'll send everybody home!"
"No you won't"
"Yes I will, Afghanistan!"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I loved the cartoon they were watching that was just a colorful screaming cube.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The 60's cop in Bobby's "story" arresting the black guy just passing by was amazing.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
Gonna use "I want to cum on your retarded tits" as my OKC opening line

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Illinois Smith posted:

I swear this show attracts the weirdest loving criticisms.
God drat this show having celebrities in it, gently caress this

robot roll call posted:

I loved the cartoon they were watching that was just a colorful screaming cube.
Same. Likely a callback to his standup bit where he talks about restricting his kids from TV as it's basically just screaming colors launching at their face.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Stare-Out posted:

The 60's cop in Bobby's "story" arresting the black guy just passing by was amazing.
Biggest laugh in the episode for me.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Rape, it's a financial thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That wasn't a slumber party as much as it was an eight-girl force of nature.

• Locked thread