Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I know it's on A&E but that Married at First Sight show is the most interesting reality tv show i have ever watched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tusen Takk posted:

I know it's on A&E but that Married at First Sight show is the most interesting reality tv show i have ever watched

Have you seen 'Married by Mom and Dad'? Because :stare:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Have you seen 'Married by Mom and Dad'? Because :stare:

yeah that show is all sorts of hosed up

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

'buttoned-down super-religious family'. I mean, those mormons sure do know how to party, right?

Oh I forgot about taking the go-go dancing club hopping Russian to a strip-mall Mexican restaurant for salsa dancing in rural Idaho and her breaking down in tears when she realizes that was going to be her life

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

That really was the worst couple, but let's not forget 'roach man' who brought his fiancee over to a horribly disgusting apartment, and 'buttoned-down super-religious family'. I mean, those mormons sure do know how to party, right?

EDIT: I still have this mild fascination with Muhammed and that middle-aged woman from last season. "Hi, I'm the most oblivious person ever! No, he's not using me for a greencard, we'll have sex someday..."

EDIT 2: Oh would ya look at that...

So the premise of the show is putting a bunch of foreigners who want green cards with Americans in order to get married for said green cards, and the stupid Americans think it's all true wuv?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

So the premise of the show is putting a bunch of foreigners who want green cards with Americans in order to get married for said green cards, and the stupid Americans think it's all true wuv?

Well, no, not exactly. That site says that TLC 'puts couples together', but to my knowledge (and I completely realize that it might all be set up/faked) the couples already know each other, want to be together, and if they think they could get married in 90 days after the move, they contact TLC.

Some moderately famous pop star in Brazil threw all of that away to be on the show/in America/with his gf. :bravo: I mean, kudos if you keep going and get success where you go, but I don't think that happened.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Well, no, not exactly. That site says that TLC 'puts couples together', but to my knowledge (and I completely realize that it might all be set up/faked) the couples already know each other, want to be together, and if they think they could get married in 90 days after the move, they contact TLC.

Some moderately famous pop star in Brazil threw all of that away to be on the show/in America/with his gf. :bravo: I mean, kudos if you keep going and get success where you go, but I don't think that happened.

oh yeah he tried to bring his career to the US but apparently nobody is into costa rican guacho music in southern florida

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

I legitimately think this should be turned into the general TLC bullshit thread.

TLC Megathread: Say Yes to the 600lb Amish Jim Bob Sister Wives.

Squeeze in a reference to midgets and trailer trash pageant queens and we're in business.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Geoj posted:

Squeeze in a reference to midgets and trailer trash pageant queens and we're in business.

TLC Megathread: Say Yes to the 600lb Amish Jim Bob Midget Sister Wives from Myrtle Beach.

Edit: I'd actually start a new thread, but if we have the title changed on this one, we're all good there.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Geoj posted:

TLC: Say Yes to the stunty 600lb Amish Jim Boo-Boo Sister Wives

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Can we merge this thread with the Oregon one? I feel like it's all come down to middle american trash watching being the only ones watching TV now. And what do we give them? Their reflection slowly circling the shitter drain

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Also give the Bundy morons a tv show and work the word dildo in thanks ahead

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Alan Smithee posted:

Can we merge this thread with the Oregon one? I feel like it's all come down to middle american trash watching being the only ones watching TV now. And what do we give them? Their reflection slowly circling the shitter drain

No, the oregon thread is spinning it's wheels at the moment, but eventually real news will happen. It is substantially different from reality TV dramalamas.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Blizzy_Cow posted:

What is SEA PATROLs stance on sea related names?

Scooby dos use it as a way to communicate with one another in code, all sea-named children need to be vacuumed up

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Alan Smithee posted:

Also give the Bundy morons a tv show and work the word dildo in thanks ahead
Their show is just a 30 minute loop of the GIF of that one guy sliding all of the dildoes off a table

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gator guys is "history" channel but it's probably on its last legs since half the rednecks got kicked off the show for wanting too much money or whatever

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WhyteRyce posted:

The season's 90 day fiancee was bland except for the super creepy 50+ year old dude who married some girl from the Philippines who was younger than his daughter. And he also refused to ever have children with her.

Also from his brief descriptions, she sounded like a carbon copy of his first wife who he divorced. He continually mentioned it to his fiancee as well.

He also made the poor girl sign a prenup before the wedding. the dude was loving creep. hope she gets away from him.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Danica Dillon just dropped her lawsuit against Duggar

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

SteveVizsla posted:

Somebody didn't see the new Chrysler.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 9, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SteveVizsla posted:

Probably stuck at the Chrysler mechanic and can't make it to court

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
money talks

jim bob

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Krispy Kareem posted:

App

Somebody didn't see the new Chrysler.

She didn't get a settlement, it was completely dropped. There was plenty of evidence that Duggar wasn't even in Philly on the day she's accusing him of raping her. Unfortunately.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eat fresh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

And even then based on what I read he didn't rape he shorted her $500 and was a weirdo during sex

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tusen Takk posted:

oh yeah he tried to bring his career to the US but apparently nobody is into costa rican guacho music in southern florida

Shoulda moved to Brooklyn or just hung around outside NPR headquarters.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

SteveVizsla posted:

She didn't get a settlement, it was completely dropped. There was plenty of evidence that Duggar wasn't even in Philly on the day she's accusing him of raping her. Unfortunately.

Fine. Now that she's making a rapist look innocent by trying to defraud him, any sane jury should have an easy time sentencing them both to one hour in a reef shark feeding frenzy. It's not inhumane because if God loves you, you'll get out alive.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The problem with that sentence is that if he somehow makes it out alive then we'll literally never hear the end of it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

eatin fresh in Jesus' name

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

"Why does TLC keep putting this poo poo on who's actually watching this?"

Goons then go into great detail about said poo poo shows since they apparently watch them. The gently caress people?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

"Why does TLC keep putting this poo poo on who's actually watching this?"

Goons then go into great detail about said poo poo shows since they apparently watch them. The gently caress people?

You'd be surprised as to how much you can glean from your wife having a show on while you're playing Skyrim or something.

I mean, I feel like I know all of these people now. She claims she watches it for the trainwrecks, and maybe she does. I have to give her credit, she barely cares when Sister Wives is on, which is the most boring.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 9, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You'd be surprised as to how much you can glean from your wife having a show on while you're playing Skyrim or something.

I mean, I feel like I know all of these people now. She claims she watches it for the trainwrecks, and maybe she does. I have to give her credit, she barely cares when Sister Wives is on, which is the most boring.

twinsies

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

All right! :shepface::respek::shepface:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Do any of your wives like little people? Because that's almost a thread in itself.

At this point TLC must be employing a not-insignificant percentage of our country's dwarven population aged 18 to 35.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

Do any of your wives like little people? Because that's almost a thread in itself.

At this point TLC must be employing a not-insignificant percentage of our country's dwarven population aged 18 to 35.

Yeah she loves that show

Honestly the little girl that the Klein family adopted is the cutest thing ever :3:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I feel like my wife doesn't really care about the little people shows because they're not ridiculous. I mean, the one with the mom who's a doctor is actually legitimately nice, so it's less interesting than someone who's 700lbs and lies to themselves and their family (Penny :argh:)

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

SteveVizsla posted:

The Duggars are idiots, but the Dillons are almost worse.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Rambling Robot posted:

The Duggars are idiots, but the Dillons are almost worse.

No, Dillon, not Dillard. A Duggar got with a Dillard and another Duggar was with a Dillon but the Dillon turns out wasn't with the Duggar.

Fitzy Fitz fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 9, 2016

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Jim Bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Duggar dog house

Plum give out

• Locked thread