Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

tarlibone posted:

Yes!! Pederson beat Pujols!!!

ur a weird dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

ALFbrot posted:

Keep the format for next year, ditch the gently caress out of "balls gotta land" rule

Agreedo, along with rewarding additional time for more bombs. It's nearly perfect right now though, I love the head-to-head aspect

Also Champ Pederson & Albert there was :dings: as hell

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

ALFbrot posted:

Keep the format for next year, ditch the gently caress out of "balls gotta land" rule

edit: wait I'm coming at that wrong - I was thinking clock you were talking about next-pitch duuuuuuurp

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 14, 2015

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The question could be if they do instant pitch instead of waiting, could someone hit it high enough and then one low and hard enough to get out before the high one got out?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

#trader

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

mattfl posted:

The question could be if they do instant pitch instead of waiting, could someone hit it high enough and then one low and hard enough to get out before the high one got out?

yes

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

ALFbrot posted:

I think you have to have something to pace the pitching. I mean, hell, you have kids and fans out there. You don't want someone to get bonked on the head because they're watching the last one land, or one of the outfielders taking a line drive to the incisors because they're doing the same.

I'm not sure what they could use as a pace setter, though, other than waiting for the ball to land. It rewards line drive hitters and punishes fly ball hitters, but what can you do?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The cameras are having enough difficulty tracking the baseball as it is. Getting rid of the "wait til the ball lands" rule would mean missing like 50% of the homers.

I'm not really big on the bonus time thing, since literally everyone gets it, so it's not really earned.

But this year's format is way better than previous years.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

mattfl posted:

What if two high fly-outs hit each in other in mid air and knocked each other into the home run zone?????

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

tarlibone posted:

I think you have to have something to pace the pitching. I mean, hell, you have kids and fans out there. You don't want someone to get bonked on the head because they're watching the last one land, or one of the outfielders taking a line drive to the incisors because they're doing the same.

I'm not sure what they could use as a pace setter, though, other than waiting for the ball to land. It rewards line drive hitters and punishes fly ball hitters, but what can you do?

It's also hard to track production-wise

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Balls gotta land is fine, they just need to make it harder to get bonus time. Right now it just serves as a second timeout

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

mattfl posted:

The fact that that is an option is all the reason you need to change the rules to allow it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The camera tracks the ball to closely as it is. Id prefer if they had a broader stationary camera view so you could see the ball off the bat and into the stands.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mattfl posted:

I'd imagine this is why they have the rule, just for stuff that doesn't go out. You don't want a bunch of kids staring at a moon shot while a line drive is screaming at them.

You could just get rid of the kids I guess and collect the balls later.

e: I guess at a lot of things in life

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Why are the fans cheering for Todd Helton?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Oh.... Don't goose egg in the final.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

how big will this roll get, berman

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Pederson owns

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

BIGGER ROLL. NO WAIT, BIGGER. NOW ROLLIN.

Shut the gently caress up, Boom.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Oh.... Don't goose egg in the final.

*hits 6 consecutive homers*

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yikes

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
stop booing this beautiful ball-murderer you loving hillbillies

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
SAY "ROLL" AGAIN!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pederson is ridiculous

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Y'ALL READY FOR THIS

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

DeepDickPizza posted:

Hey they're not technically in Kentucky

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

BIGGER ROLL. NO WAIT, BIGGER. NOW ROLLIN.

Shut the gently caress up, Boom.
theres nothing wrong with that call.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I miss Adam Dunn

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

please hit a ball 40 miles, joc

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

kid is a machine

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus this kid

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Joc is ridiculous. :stare:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hes no Cespedes/Fielder but Joc can jam.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
This poo poo is gonna be over by 10:30! God bless the new format

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

l'chaim

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I think this contest is starting to bore Pederson. He's not putting any visible effort into this performance and he's murdering it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Man this dude crushes balls

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
HOW IS JOC STILL HITTING THESE? His arms have got to be about to fall the gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Joc is a loving monster

• Locked thread