Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Hazdoc posted:

Well, its been fun playing games with you guys. I was hoping more people would bite on the vote that started for me, but I guess not.

Like, does this feel weird at all? Why would the cop want any pressure on him at all? Maybe to look purposefully scummy I guess so as to not be a nightkill target, but claiming D2 with just the one result? Knowing that at least one scum remains? When quite a few people are willing to vote you, meaning you're not a likely nightkill target?

Feels weird, is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

There is the possibility that there is no doc to protect him.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

## vote Epsilon

May I ask why people are suspicious of Hiipfire in particular?

EXAKT Science posted:

Please give me some alignment reads on anyone you're more than 50% on. I want to hear what you have to think, a bit more specifically, about any players in the game.

Here goes:
The case against Hazdoc has been made by multiple people who are probably feeling rather silly now; if it turns out that this is a desperate gamble to keep himself alive, he's not going to survive the next day. But still.

You're also sort of suspect, EXAKT, given that weird switcheroo you did regarding LUTR.

Then there's all the lurkers who continue to post very little, which worry me greatly.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Welp that's :redhammer: (it is traditional for the voter who executes to post :redhammer: as that's when the day officially ends generally speaking)

:ghost: don't allow me into your games for the next month or so, enjoy mafia you wonderful newbies :ghost:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Epsilon Plus, Mafia Goon, was lunched D2.

It is now N2.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Hiipfire, Vanilla Town, was killed N2.

It is now D3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): EXAKT Science, Hazdoc, Horsebanger, JakeP, Kashuno, Look Under The Rock, paradoxGentleman, uranus, WHICH WAY MADNESS, yuming

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 03rd, 2015 at 9:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

2 goons in 2 days, man are we on a roll or what

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
We still have a live cop what is this game?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
duck man did you find the last scum

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
:ghost: Dead is what I am :ghost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Someone hates hiip so much they'd rather kill him than the cop

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

BottleKnight posted:

Hiipfire, Vanilla Town, was killed N2.

It is now D3.

Have the scum just given up?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Two possibilities

1) hazdoc is scum and sacrificed a scummatewho was pretty inactive in order to make his fakeclaim.
2) scum left hazdoc alive hoping we will turn around and lynch him giving him more time, hoping hazdoc didn't visit him n2

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's WIFOM.

I really wanted Hiip to be scum so I could say I only voted scum this game alas~

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Kashuno posted:

Two possibilities

1) hazdoc is scum and sacrificed a scummatewho was pretty inactive in order to make his fakeclaim.
2) scum left hazdoc alive hoping we will turn around and lynch him giving him more time, hoping hazdoc didn't visit him n2

1 is more likely, imo.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
or scum didnt want to risk a doc protect on the confimed cop???

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
##vote wwm

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
scum left hazdoc alive because last scum is most likely godfather

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
why do I need to state the obvious? I think its scummy to dance around that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

1 is more likely, imo.

Not really.

##vote wwm

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

1 is more likely, imo.

this is a ridiculous post from a veteran. to not bring up either of the options that me and jake just mentioned, and leading a newby on down this road that these are the only two options is straight up scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

this is a ridiculous post from a veteran. to not bring up either of the options that me and jake just mentioned, and leading a newby on down this road that these are the only two options is straight up scum

Dw obvious scum play is obvious

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Shiiiiii, I checked Hiip last night but he's dead.

1 is more likely, imo.

Yeah, ok

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

uranus posted:

For real

I'm in and out right now, my day started with a fire alarm/getting locked out of my building at 7:30 this morning and I just spent the last three hours at the lake being hammered by waves. Gonna try to knock out a few gishwhes items while I'm within grocery store range. I'm phone posting and incredibly low on battery.

There's been a bunch of votes for WWM on this page. Check out his post history too -- he has contributed nothing but white noise all game.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Don't everyone post all at once now.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Thankfully I am vt so no big loss.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The "hazdoc threw a fellow mafia goon under the bus to look innocent" seems pretty solid given that he hasn't been killed yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

The "hazdoc threw a fellow mafia goon under the bus to look innocent" seems pretty solid given that he hasn't been killed yet.

Not really. There's most likely a doctor amongst us that visited hazdoc last night to cover him. Scum doesn't want to waste their time on hazdoc since it's likely from here out the doc watches them to keep him alive.

It's also possible the last scum is godfather, meaning a cop isn't going to be able to figure them out so killing hazdoc doesn't really matter.

If anything, WWM coming to immediately throw that idea out as the likely one makes him seem super scummy, because he knows there are other options

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

But isn't this supposed to be super vanilla? So why keep the doc?
Frankly I was surprised to know we even had a cop amonst us, assuming he really is a cop.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Cop, doc, and godfather are all pretty vanilla roles.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hello

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Good post

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ty

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was gonna ask your opinion but we are both voting on the same person so idk

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I could see WWM but today I feel more strongly about LUTR. The vibe I was getting before Hazdoc's claim was that he was town and tired of being tunneled, and LUTR was scum jumping to defend him from the attacks of another townie (me) and trying to get me killed by the town.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
How do other people feel about LUTR, especially regarding the interaction between her/Hazdoc/me yesterday?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
One alternative that's been in the back of my head is that there isn't actually a cop and that Hazdoc was fakeclaiming and hardbussing EP, but this post from EP makes me feel like they aren't on the same team:

Epsilon Plus posted:

Like, does this feel weird at all? Why would the cop want any pressure on him at all? Maybe to look purposefully scummy I guess so as to not be a nightkill target, but claiming D2 with just the one result? Knowing that at least one scum remains? When quite a few people are willing to vote you, meaning you're not a likely nightkill target?

Feels weird, is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
My only thought is, what if there aren't any power roles at all, and that's why we have 14 players? Pure setup spec, but something that's giving me ~vibes~ regardless.

• Locked thread