Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Salisbury Snape posted:

Never had a nandos club member checking in
i nearly had one but the froends cancelled then pandemic happened then we moved

cheekiest i have managed is my wife picked up stuff to go once, so i had mediocre burnt chicken and soggy corn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I like Nandos and I like making jokes about it! :colbert:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i thought this bathroom was getting done in 12 hours or something

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i went to nandos once, I have been once. with a group younger than me. It was like their first restaurant experience and i was confused because it was like a school canteen and I remember being confused as to how to get wine but thats not exclusive to being at nandos at all

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Presumably you brought a hip flask tho.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

no i thought i was off out for a restaurant meal and was all dressed up and everything. I had a great view of the escalator in the mall in leeds. not my cup of chicken

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i went to toolstation 3 times today. always the wrong bend

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ugh I feel that, in Sheffield to get to any of the Nando’s you have to make an active decision to walk past really nice places at the same price, or past dirt cheap places at the same quality, so it’s clearly some kind of poor life choice that leads you in there.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Is cheeky Nando's a euphemism, much like Netflix and chill? I thought people really did just want to watch Netflix and chill for the longest time. :(

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its being young, which is fine

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

cheese
toast

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

There's a spooky blood moon out tonight guys

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
All those enemies I killed are gonna be back. :/

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Be careful, The_Doctor.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i just need my body for one more weekend, then whatever

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Gasmask posted:

building goons: teach me your magic for doing silicon and not making a huge loving mess

Don't ask me, I am loving useless at it, which is why I still haven't siliconed the kitchen worktop a full year after it went on.

In other news child 2 is 3 months old today, which means that either things should start getting easier, or much worse.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

There's a spooky blood moon out tonight guys

The person on the radio said it was a flower blood moon, cos it is a red tinge and in spring. I think it sounds dodgy af

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Gasmask posted:

building goons: teach me your magic for doing silicon and not making a huge loving mess

CancerCakes posted:

Don't ask me, I am loving useless at it, which is why I still haven't siliconed the kitchen worktop a full year after it went on.

I know people who can put down just the right size bead, then run a wet fingertip down it, and get a perfect result. That is not me.

Get one of these (one like the tool at the top of the photo is what I have) or use something similar:

Run masking tape both sides with 1/4" clearance from the intended bead if you (like me) invariably apply too much. Run the tool across in one smooth non-stop pass. Remove and redo or apply more pressure for a thinner bead until satisfied or too despondent to care anymore.

Don't fiddle with it, and pull the masking immediately.

If you need to intersect with other caulk I recommend letting one line cure first. You can spritz 100% silicone with water to speed this up, if you quickly become bored of the tool with the flared base!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
y'alls Prime Minister is even stupider than I thought lol

condolences

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Nandos owns sorry haters

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Blitter posted:

I know people who can put down just the right size bead, then run a wet fingertip down it, and get a perfect result. That is not me.

Get one of these (one like the tool at the top of the photo is what I have) or use something similar:

Run masking tape both sides with 1/4" clearance from the intended bead if you (like me) invariably apply too much. Run the tool across in one smooth non-stop pass. Remove and redo or apply more pressure for a thinner bead until satisfied or too despondent to care anymore.

Don't fiddle with it, and pull the masking immediately.

If you need to intersect with other caulk I recommend letting one line cure first. You can spritz 100% silicone with water to speed this up, if you quickly become bored of the tool with the flared base!

Top tips m8. I just wish I’d read it before I was literally scooping it out the tube and smearing it into the gap like I was frosting a loving cake

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i thought this bathroom was getting done in 12 hours or something

Yeah it turns out that everything is loving stupid and nothing fits together and any time you think you’ve got the right bit you’ve actually got the imperial when you need the metric and nothing is ever straight or level or true to anything else and oh god you’ve got to get everything out back together again because the kid needs his bath and oh gently caress where is that water coming from!!!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Gasmask posted:

Yeah it turns out that everything is loving stupid and nothing fits together and any time you think you’ve got the right bit you’ve actually got the imperial when you need the metric and nothing is ever straight or level or true to anything else and oh god you’ve got to get everything out back together again because the kid needs his bath and oh gently caress where is that water coming from!!!

Solidarity with this.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

if i had to silicone a bathroom i would simply call my dad, who does it for a living, to come round and do it for me

hope this helps op

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Nandos owns sorry haters

I mean there are much better places that serve Peri-Peri chicken, but it's alright. I haven't been for years. My go to order was Chicken Butterfly wrap (Hot), Peri-Peri Chips, Corn on the Cob and a bottomless Pepsi Max.

It's one of those things that was groundbreaking when it first launched in the UK but now seems as ubiquitous as McDonalds or KFC. Every large town seems to have one, at least.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

y'alls Prime Minister is even stupider than I thought lol

condolences

what has he done now? or like this is just your impression in general?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im the guy who thought boris johnson was not blisteringly, stunningly stupid

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Tattoos are such a bad idea, Im struggling to work today. Fml

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Everyone at my company got the afternoon off because we just released a thing. Just got to make it to midday.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

oh no computer posted:

if i had to silicone a bathroom i would simply call my dad, who does it for a living, to come round and do it for me

hope this helps op

wanna meet that dad

and then slay him in a duel to absorb his power like in highlander

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

feedmegin posted:

Everyone at my company got the afternoon off because we just released a thing. Just got to make it to midday.

ouuuh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I had my second jab :D

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
welcome to full vax club beep boop :zombie:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

learnincurve posted:

I had my second jab :D

I'm suitably envious.

...6.5 weeks and counting... :pray:
Very much looking forward to being fully juiced.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

feedmegin posted:

Great, not another variant!!!

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Cancelled my jab and rebooked with my gp since I got a text yesterday telling me I'm eligible.
Its a day later than the original appointment but now I only have to travel 7 miles instead of 60 round trip.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I also know its definitely the Pfizer rather than whatever the big vaccine center have in stock.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Had my second jab yesterday. When can I start accessing 5G with my mind?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Sunswipe posted:

Had my second jab yesterday. When can I start accessing 5G with my mind?

Couple of weeks after, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i've not been jabbed because i'm an antivaxxer. plandemic!!!