Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

this is the last bastion of rational discourse on the internet and i put it down to taff leaving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

When I was 17 I used to drink in the same pub as Iain (M) Banks (I had a job in the offices opposite, so it was our default place) and I guess there were a few other famous authors who drank there. I spoke to him about meat pies once.

Christopher Cazenove off Dynasty bought the first apartment I renovated when I was ~19, was a thoroughly nice guy, but he flew up from London to Edinburgh wearing tennis whites and was dreadfully unprepared for the difference in weather (it was like 7c and pouring).

I've met a ton of Dr Who actors/VO artists since I worked for a related company for a few years and went to tons of meetings with them. Almost without exception they are all nice people.

My sister-in-law used to work at some very expensive hotels, and although she didn't bang any real celebrities, she did bang a lot of their (adult) children, including David Bowies son.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

this is the last bastion of rational discourse on the internet and i put it down to taff leaving

has he wanked yet

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A few more.

A friend of mine at school had a relative who was fairly high-up in Wonderland Promotions, which handled a lot of gigs by big artists in Northern Ireland. She scored us VIP passes for The Prodigy and Utah Saints back in the mid-90s and I met them backstage. Keith from The Prodigy :rip: was sound and spent some time trying to teach us his mad dance style. Liam was fairly quiet and disinterested, but one of my mates was big into techno music production, and he opened up once they started talking about synth-nerd stuff. Maxim was really chill and a perfect gentleman, completely at odds with his manic on-stage persona.

I can't remember anything about meeting the Utah Saints.

I briefly saw Jennifer Aniston towards the end of the Friends run. I always thought she was pretty, but Monica was more my type. IRL Aniston was, and probably still is, astonishingly attractive.

A friend and I once saw Jarvis Cocker cycling across Hammersmith Bridge. For some reason my friend screamed out "WILLIAM SHATNER" at him and caused him to wobble on his bike.

At primary school we went to the Ulster Hall in Belfast to see Johnny Ball do some show called "Mathemagic" or "Magic with numbers" or some poo poo. At one point he asked for kids from the audience if they had certain denominations of coins they could bring up, so he could do some maths with. This resulted in him being pelted with coins like a black Premiere League player taking a corner.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lassie was my actual dog

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The guy in the housing association flat above mine in st James’ park used to deal coke to Channel 4 executives out his window.

He was so enormous he could barely get out of his sofa, and in the end they came into our flat to brace his floor via our ceiling.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i dont think you're wrong about this lc its just you perceive reality differently to other people

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

im quite angry tonight because my parents were supposed to be out of quarantine this morning. we did everything how youre supposed to do it, paid all the moneys. and they arent.

its my nephews birthday sunday and theyve put up with all the poo poo we've all put up with for so long. but when you make your best effort to do what you're told and youre still hosed it saps your energy.

i can only blame the tory government cunts but where does that get us? its just absolutely gut wrenching to hear my mother tonight, through not tears because shes tougher than me, say her cancer diagnosis was nothing compared to being told she can't go to her nephews birthday after a year of loving doing everything right and now the stupid test isnt back in time. i'm just beyond cross.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
You would think channel 4 executives would do more to disguise themselves especially when picking up some blow

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ANGRY

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 17, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

STILL ANGRY

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 17, 2021

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hello its too hot to sleep so I'm drinking a moderately priced domestic beer and playing resident evil village

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

im lifting weights in my private gym lol

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

My dad was friends with David Seaman’s brother and we once went to a BBQ at his house. David was there and it was not long after World Cup 2002 and my grandma kept pointing him out and telling people “hey look it’s that footballer who can’t catch the ball!” As if no one knew who he was. He was laughing about it and pretending like he didn’t care but it was blatantly obvious that he was actually loving fuming.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i didn't know peaches geldof was dead

her da is an arsehole is all i really know about her life

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

R.I.P. Big Man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Chrs posted:

My dad was friends with David Seaman’s brother and we once went to a BBQ at his house. David was there and it was not long after World Cup 2002 and my grandma kept pointing him out and telling people “hey look it’s that footballer who can’t catch the ball!”
the more obvious joke would be to follow him round going "its seaman on the barbecue," "its seaman on a chair" "i keep seeing seaman on things in this garden"

then when he snaps you pretend not to know who he is and point to the spunk you stealthily planted earlier

if you ever find yourself at a garden party with david seaman again you can use this

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

fridge corn posted:

You would think channel 4 executives would do more to disguise themselves especially when picking up some blow

The flat was opposite a pub on the same road as the channel 4 building.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

learnincurve posted:

The flat was opposite a pub on the same road as the channel 4 building.

lol and?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This was 1990s London lol, it wasn’t exactly subtle back in the day. Dealers just paid off the local filth and on you go.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Speaking of Dr Who, I've met Louise Jameson (Leela, companion of the fourth doctor, and also I guess she was in Eastenders and other stuff) a good few times back in the 90s. She was (and I think still is) friends with my mum because my brother and one of Louise Jameson's kids were in the same local youth theatre group and my mum got chatting with her and they became friends. She seemed nice.

Louise Jameson showed up at the funeral for my boyfriend’s aunt, and he said she was very lovely too. He didn’t know she knew his aunt at all.

cynic posted:

I've met a ton of Dr Who actors/VO artists since I worked for a related company for a few years and went to tons of meetings with them. Almost without exception they are all nice people.

I’ve heard a lot about the lunches.

Last brag: my dad’s cousin is/was a highly regarded beknighted author who sadly passed a few years back of Alzheimer’s.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Had my second covid jab, didn't even get a sticker.

What do I even pay taxes for??

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I once (unintentionally) offended 90s rock chancers Reef by implying they were poo poo in a pub I was unaware they were sitting in.

Good.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Bobby Deluxe posted:

the more obvious joke would be to follow him round going "its seaman on the barbecue," "its seaman on a chair" "i keep seeing seaman on things in this garden"

then when he snaps you pretend not to know who he is and point to the spunk you stealthily planted earlier

if you ever find yourself at a garden party with david seaman again you can use this

Thing is she wasn’t even doing it to be funny she was just old and genuinely thought no one knew who he was.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

andy the viking fordham died on thursday, RIP

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Spunky Dave

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i don't think i have met anyone fummus but my mum met the clintons in 1995 and has also met enya and daniel o'donnell

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and my auntie once met charlie landsborough

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
what colour

is the wiiiiiiiiiiiind

daddy

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

apparently stings mum was my midwife which gives me a bacon factor of 3, arguably 4

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My sister is really close friends with Emi Evans

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Pulled my shoulder getting up off the couch. :okboomer:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

power cut so no fans for me

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rip, op

haven't you got a large man with a palm leaf to hand?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I've been in a lift with Martyn Lewis, the newsreader. He stood motionless at the back, rather resembling a tailor's dummy.

In a corner shop close to the London Dungeons, Christopher Biggins and Barbara Windsor barged past me out of the door, into a Morris Minor estate that was waiting outside.

I know someone who has worked with Jim Davison and Jessie J. Both are very unpleasant people. Davison is banned from other 23 theatres in the country due to being rude and lecherous. Jessie was rude to the technicians. The electrician was summoned to her room and she demanded, "Why haven't you fixed my lights yet you (word I will get banned for)."
Sadly her light was fixed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I knew someone who worked security at Leeds O2 and he said Jessie J acted like a diva and only 11 people turned up.

Sam Smith performed there to a tiny crowd before anyone knew who they were and everyone working there stopped what they were doing and watched them with jaws on the floor.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020
I used to work in the Graduate Centre in Cambridge as a catering assistant / waiter back in the early 90s aged 16.

Steven Hawkings- no idea if he was a nice bloke or not but he had seriously bad table manners. Food all over the table. Couldn't be bothered to get his speech synthesizer to ever say say thank you.

Then I took far to many drugs, failed my A levels and became a nurse. You could do that then, it was a glorious time when you could gently caress up for free. Did my nurse training, while they paid me a decent wage for 3 years.

I met Mr Hawkings again in a hospital as a registered nurse, and he ain't changed, the speech synthesizer was still broken for talking to the working class. I'm not advocating abusing people with disabilities but I have a small amount of understanding for why he was left in the sun by his wife and got heat stroke.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dogatron posted:

I'm not advocating abusing people with disabilities but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

he abused his wife. What side of the fence?

Life is complicated and some times does not settle down into simple cultural questions.

Dogatron fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 17, 2021