Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I enjoy the non click bait huff psot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fathis Munk posted:

I want the meta version where you place this chart on itself.

E: also as non American, which one is the murdoch one?

The Wall Street Journal.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Was it WSJ that gave us that chart of 4 families bitching about some tax rate increases that would minimally affect them? The one that gave us the HENRY gif.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh god I remember that one.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Also, take a look at who's earning the least.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I don't think I buy the single parent making more than the single working woman.

Or, y'know, anything else there. But that's what's jumping out at me on this review of it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Is it just me or is that first one aping Lange’s Migrant Mother?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sentence: Death by Guillotine.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No ring.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The ring is Fox News.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

This image makes me irrationally angry every time I see it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

goose willis posted:

This is the first time I've seen it and I'm angry.

I'm not sure it's an irrational anger though.

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

goose willis posted:

It's perfectly rational to be angry at this image, it's symbolic violence at work.

(but still reputable)

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx posted:

It's perfectly rational to be angry at this image, it's symbolic violence at work.

(but still reputable)

If I remember correctly, the artist was not told what the art was for, and was pretty pissed off when they found out.

So yes, Death by Guillotine.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Anyone have a link to the original article? I'm failing at Google, but I'd love to see the original context.

v v v Thanks :)

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Dec 13, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Anyone have a link to the original article? I'm failing at Google, but I'd love to see the original context.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323689604578220132665726040

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
I've seen that image many times over the years and still don't understand how a single person is supposed to survive on a measly $230,000

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like they might as well have just printed "Taxes make children sad" in big font.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The WSJ is just an edited blog at this point and you can find looney toons from both side of the spectrum on there.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Aside from the nutso placement of the WSJ, that chart otherwise seems fine, although to be fair I don't recognize at least a handful of those outlets.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

foobardog posted:

If I remember correctly, the artist was not told what the art was for, and was pretty pissed off when they found out.

So yes, Death by Guillotine.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I've seen that image many times over the years and still don't understand how a single person is supposed to survive on a measly $230,000

2/5

Try harder.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

quote:

Red = critical severity bugs; orange = high; blue = medium; and black = low. The X axis is total number of security bugs; the Y axis shows the [Linux] kernel version. So, the height of the bar shows how long that bug was present.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Zekky
Feb 27, 2013

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That QR code doesn't work.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Pokemon's type system has gotten inscrutable.

Edit: really though, that's actually a really handy chart for anyone who wants to carry concealed while traveling. Go down the left to find the state where you got your permit, then slide right to the column for the state you're headed to or passing through. Green means good to go, yellow means look up the particular state's law, red means where the hell did you get that banana.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Dec 15, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Pokemon's type system has gotten inscrutable.

Vermont, Illinois and DC resist everything, wtf :argh:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

So Vermont doesn't issue CCW permits, but honors them from every other state? :psyduck:

e: And South Dakota doesn't honor its own permits?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lord Hydronium posted:

So Vermont doesn't issue CCW permits, but honors them from every other state? :psyduck:

The chart is about reciprocity, ie permits valid because of a reciprocity statute, which doesn't include things that are valid because they were issued there. Other states have their own box empty too.

Edit: wait, but not all of them do. What the gently caress

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Vermont doesn't issue CCW permits because Vermont doesn't even require a CCW -- it's not that Vermont is so strict on guns that they won't issue a CCW, and yet paradoxically they honor other states; it's that Vermont is so unrestricted when it comes to guns that they let everybody concealed carry without requiring a permit.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Vermont doesn't have many firearms laws above and beyond what the Federal government requires. It's unrestricted carry (except schools and courthouses). Carry openly, carry concealed, doesn't matter, you don't need a permit from it. So they 'honor' permits from other states in the sense that if you have a permit from another state, you can carry a gun in Vermont. But if you don't have a permit from another state, you can still carry a gun in Vermont.

A number of other states are similar, but some still issue permits for whatever reason. Arizona, for example, used to be a shall-issue state, then they removed the requirement to get a permit, but you can still get a permit if you want because then reciprocity agreements mean you can carry in other states that honor Arizona permits.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

That's orange, not red, right? Or are my eyes hosed up?

I'm a pedantic rear end in a top hat.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Outrail posted:

There's a small amount of red on the far left of the graph.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Outrail posted:

There's both orange and red in there.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
So yes, your eyes are hosed up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Assuming I'm understanding this graph right, each vertical entry represents a bug. Besides the value of the x-axis not being particularly relevant, what's so bad about it? Seems like a good way to visualize how long bugs were around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

InediblePenguin posted:

Vermont doesn't issue CCW permits because Vermont doesn't even require a CCW -- it's not that Vermont is so strict on guns that they won't issue a CCW, and yet paradoxically they honor other states; it's that Vermont is so unrestricted when it comes to guns that they let everybody concealed carry without requiring a permit.

Phanatic posted:

Vermont doesn't have many firearms laws above and beyond what the Federal government requires. It's unrestricted carry (except schools and courthouses). Carry openly, carry concealed, doesn't matter, you don't need a permit from it. So they 'honor' permits from other states in the sense that if you have a permit from another state, you can carry a gun in Vermont. But if you don't have a permit from another state, you can still carry a gun in Vermont.

A number of other states are similar, but some still issue permits for whatever reason. Arizona, for example, used to be a shall-issue state, then they removed the requirement to get a permit, but you can still get a permit if you want because then reciprocity agreements mean you can carry in other states that honor Arizona permits.
Ah, thanks, that makes more sense.

Still confused about South Dakota, though.