Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pftc
Oct 1, 2015

RIP https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickthomas

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You can't literally burn .jpgs. The most you can do is to burn the file storage device that contains the .jpgs. Or delete them. But you can not burn the actual file. :colbert:

It's ok, according to the dictionary literally also means figuratively now. GG popular usage.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Palpek posted:

I still can't stop laughing at Reddit thinking that Derek Smart was behind the fake imgur reports that took SC's pictures down because he wrote about burning down JPG ships. Yes, obviously that was meant literally. How stupid can autists be, it's beyond me, fucken :gary:.
Creating Stargur in response only to have that fail in turn made it even better.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You can't literally burn .jpgs. The most you can do is to burn the file storage device that contains the .jpgs. Or delete them. But you can not burn the actual file. :colbert:

But we can dream. And Star Citizen is about

making dreams come true.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

grimcreaper posted:

Pepsi does own a fair share of stuff but their philosophy is to saturate the market with poor product at cheaper prices.

Coca-Cola owns Dr. Pepper. These 2 sodas are the greatest sodas that have ever existed.

The one product Pepsi had that I like was Pepsi Crystal but that didn't last long.

Coca-Cola actually doesn't own Dr. Pepper, the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group does. They have contracted out their bottling and manufacture to both Coke and Pepsi, as well as doing it independently, depending on region.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

grimcreaper posted:

Coca-Cola owns Dr. Pepper. These 2 sodas are the greatest sodas that have ever existed.

They also brought back Surge!

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

So, what is the significance of this?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

mryellowduck posted:

So what are the chances of this thread being read out in a court of law?

Court recorder, please read back :gary: :gizz: to the jury

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

This is good for Star Citizen.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

2DCAT posted:

Court recorder, please read back :gary: :gizz: to the jury

Biggus dickus. :gary: PAAAAAAARRP :yarg: ohgod my phone fills in PAAAAAAARRP now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-drop-really-good-news/

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

drkeiscool posted:

People in Austin are being laid off, precisely as predicted by Derek Smart in September. I don't think CIG have made the Austin office close/move public yet, but Derek has already mentioned the new much smaller office location I believe.

Good luck to everyone affected if you're reading.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Dear HMRC,

We apologise for not filing our accounts but you see we are nearly out of money. We spent it all on mansions, coffee machines and 10 hours of badly written cut scenes for the chairman's wannabe actress wife and we don't want the nerds who paid for it to find out because some of them have fur suits and replica Japanese swords so we fear for our lives. Instead please find enclosed the following in lieu of payment:

:gary:

PAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPPPPP

Kind regards, the crew at CIG.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Redditors funding SC don't understand technical things like this. Some contact with human civilisation would be required to know that.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Paaaarp

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

D_Smart posted:

He's not a creative visionary. There isn't anyone that I know in the industry that regards him as such. The disinformation comes from the usual Wing Commander hyperbole.

He is as creative as all of us gamedev artistes are. And the only game that he has ever done and which earned him that "creative visionary" tag, is Wing Commander. If you ignore the movie that is.

True. For reference, I think 'creative genius' is a load of bullshit. It is incredibly, agonizingly rare for a single person to be a genius on that level. Either they had circumstances limiting them which forced them to improvise or work around them or one hell of a creative team to help. There are always people around. This is especially true in team based arenas. You can have literary and music geniuses because they are a largely solo creative endeavor, but trying to claim it in a team oriented environment just makes you an rear end in a top hat.

alphabettitouretti posted:

A reminder that failing to file accounts is a criminal offence.

Karl and the rest of the faithful, what's your opinion on Foundry 42 breaking the law and having to spend backer money on fines because they cannot or do not want to follow simple laws? Does this make you think they have something to hide re finances or is it simply incompetence and/or laziness?

They'll just make up some magical bullshit that they're too busy or some other stupid loving poo poo. They're defending a company that has missed every single deadline without fail and offered up nothing in response. And the poo poo they have offered up has been horribly broken or is constantly being re-worked.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

They raised like 3 million in 2 weeks from the potato how the gently caress did they not pay their bills?

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 2, 2015

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fat and Useless posted:

They raised like 3 million in 2 weeks how the gently caress did they not pay their bills?

When you have more operations in far flung locales like Germany and the UK than most legitimate developers but are entirely reliant on the charity of gullible nerds everywhere

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Fat and Useless posted:

They raised like 3 million in 2 weeks from the potato how the gently caress did they not pay their bills?

hookers and blow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This guy desperately wants to let out the racial anger he has building up inside him

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Fat and Useless posted:

Amounts like that takes time to clear and get into the end bank account

Or Chris is still farting around in his motion capture suit to get to a table to sign things.

Edit:

I change mine to Hookers and Blow too.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Okay paid for the small version of :yarg:, which might be online soon. Then we'll only need to convince the admins to allow it to grow into:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Okay paid for the small version of :yarg:, which might be online soon.

:gary:

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Fat and Useless posted:

they are about as good with money management as their backers are

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Haha wtf

Racists and bigots are bad but role playing as a Nazi is just how I like to spend my free time. Everyone needs a hobby.

Also "invested".

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fat and Useless posted:

Wait, I missed this. What bills haven't been paid?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Dapper Dan posted:

They'll just make up some magical bullshit that they're too busy or some other stupid loving poo poo. They're defending a company that has missed every single deadline without fail and offered up nothing in response. And the poo poo they have offered up has been horribly broken or is constantly being re-worked.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

AP posted:

All three UK companies now overdue.

Tippis posted:

Wait, I missed this. What bills haven't been paid?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its not a bill, they need to disclose their account finances to stay compliant in the UK. Problem is that CIG probably has no idea what to do in this regard because they probably weren't keeping tabs properly of their accounts during the filling time and revealing the current accounts might be something extremely stupid.

drkeiscool posted:

Another "lead" dropping from a sinking ship.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 2, 2015

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Those aren't bills.

Phil Burn
Oct 28, 2015

What is life all about?
Chris Roberts' stupid bowl haircut makes him look like a chubby Romulan.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Phil Burn posted:

Chris Roberts' stupid bowl haircut makes him look like a chubby Romulan.

It makes me think of someone with downs syndrome, actually.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
:gary::lesnick::yarg:

cmon

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Says bills... :colbert: Coffee machines don't pay themselves off, I'm sure something someplace is not paid.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Octopode posted:

Coca-Cola actually doesn't own Dr. Pepper, the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group does. They have contracted out their bottling and manufacture to both Coke and Pepsi, as well as doing it independently, depending on region.

I stand corrected. Octopode, thank you for setting me straight. Please do the same for Chris Roberts. He needs some truth in his life.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

drkeiscool posted:

this is the guy who first hosed up the Cutlass, ok this is the guy who hosed up the Cutlass the second time...the first time who hosed up the Cutlass is Ben "T-Rex" Lessdick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Yeah payment ain't the issue, it's what it might reveal about the state of their finances.

Even if there's nothing wrong and they have nothing to hide it's still funny that a company which raked in 90m+ can't get their act together on something so basic. They're going to waste several spaceship jpegs worth of dumb nerd money on fines. Perhaps it was a choice between new coffee machine for when Crobert visits the UK or paying an accountant.

• Locked thread