Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Old rumours, interesting to look back on now.

If true, she probably did him a favour getting him out back then. To make it clear, this is when they decided to shut Austin, Wingman was the head there and that's why so many jumped ship with him.

AP fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

janssendalt posted:

hey guys and goons
this game is coming out
and it's going to be the best

I looked into my crystal ball and it claims the game will be coming out at the end of the next decamillenium. So I don't think you should trust that source, it looks fishy.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

A Stupid Baby posted:

Do we have to stop making fun of the fat guy for being fat too

Well an T-rex is all muscle not fat at all.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
this is beautiful

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

"in about 10 days times" is the new "2 weeks".

2 weeks = 10 business days

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

When do you estimate they'll get round to submitting their legally required account filings?

Two weeks?

:gary:

paaaarrrrppp

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

2 weeks = 10 business days

Yeah and they've been lying about Austin for a full year.

Reminder.

2013, Limited gifting is DRM, LTI is never coming back.

2014, Eric Peterson is a great guy and the Austin office isn't closing.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF1tPlgctss&t=107s
also rest of this video is quite valid with star citizen they even speak scientology as sort of game :stonk:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

AP posted:

Yeah and they've been lying about Austin for a full year.

Reminder.

2013, Limited gifting is DRM, LTI is never coming back.

2014, Eric Peterson is a great guy and the Austin office isn't closing.

This is so gross I need to take a shower after reading this. I wonder if Lesnick even knew though maybe Roberts just told him everything will be fine don't worry about it leave the financial stuff for me to worry about and he just trusted his hero like every other dupe out there is doing and only after they laid everyone off he is starting to see the cracks in the facade. I could really see Roberts being the only guy at CIG who actually has an idea of what all the moving parts are doing / look like and everyone else being in the dark and just have to take his word on everything.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
The lesson from this is that the more :lesnick: is sure on something, the more likely he is to be completely wrong 1 year later. There's absolutely no reason to believe anything they say.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

AP posted:

The lesson from this is that the more :lesnick: is sure on something, the more likely he is to be completely wrong 1 year later. There's absolutely no reason to believe anything they say.

Also when you consider they say nothing negative at all on their streams, that everything is happy, rainbows and going amazingly well, you just have to wonder how bad poo poo really is behind those facades.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Guys, guys, I figured out CIG time. They kept saying "two weeks", which is 14 days.

Now, after 4 years of development, they're saying "around 10 days". Star Citizen is releasing November 2025.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

We already discussed that. But I am curious, given your enthusiasm, if you can clarify what "Full product in a year" specifically refers to?

1 - Squadron 42 (If this- is it the commercial release? If yes, is it the first chapter of missions? All missions?)
2 - The Persistent Universe (If this, will it include all ships thusfar sold, 100 Star Systems, 4 alien languages, space pets, and everything else listed in Stretch Goals? How many players will be supported per instance?)
3 - The full commercial release of Star Citizen (Both of the above?)

If you know, please confirm. If you don't, that's okay-- but then what exactly are you excited about?

I'm going to guess the answers to these based on what we've seen so far.

1) Probably only by next year and only the "first chapter". Whatever that means. It was implied early on they'd release this episodically. Rather like Half-Life.

2) I'd wager next year in limited degrees, with far less than 100 systems, no languages or pets (or any other goals) and probably hard limit to 30-40 players per instance based on their projections so far - the servers would probably melt if they tried any more than that. They really need to learn from CCP about how to develop this sort of thing (I honestly never thought I'd actually type a sentence like that, but there we go).

3) This will be whatever CR defines it was, which will almost certainly be a combination of the above two, to "successfully" launch based on a technicality. As to the rest of the stretch goals, if those come out at all before it falls apart due to the finances as predicted by Dr Smart, they'll be the barest shadow of what fans have hyped them to be. If that.

I'm mildly impressed that the 2.0 might be released in a week based on the bug list provided. Well, sort of. But I doubt it will pan out that way. More likely we'll see slippage again.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
It is also insane the amount of star citizen related junk they are selling anything they can slap a logo on I me I guess it doesn't take a lot of work probably 1 artist could do it all as a full time job and just keep raking in all the money the cultist spend on it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Is anyone expecting 2.0 to be anything but a minor list of bug fixes and maybe a few shinies to keep everyone complacent?

They will release it along with a long-winded speech from either CR himself, about how they never promised anything and we should all be as super happy as they all are to get a chance at play testing this special piece of gaming history.

Or basically this video but verbalized by :lesnick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrbCQr5C_LE

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

I believe.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sappo569 posted:

Is anyone expecting 2.0 to be anything but a minor list of bug fixes and maybe a few shinies to keep everyone complacent?

They will release it along with a long-winded speech from either CR himself, about how they never promised anything and we should all be as super happy as they all are to get a chance at play testing this special piece of gaming history.

Or basically this video but verbalized by :lesnick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrbCQr5C_LE

2.0 was always called "the multi crew" patch. Not sure if that has changed.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
holy poo poo.. is this what happens when im like occupied all weekend? Everyone get all fun starved and yelling about regdates?

Does :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRP :yarg: work yet?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh its little

I thought we were getting it embiggened.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

SneakyFrog posted:

oh its little

I bought it in small. Though I did already send a PM to an admin asking to get it as bigger version. So it might grow in the near future*.

*growth not guaranteed.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SneakyFrog posted:

oh its little

Jeez it's just pre-alpha, give them a break!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I bought it in small. Though I did already send a PM to an admin asking to get it as bigger version. So it might grow in the near future*.

*growth not guaranteed.

ah so its like a .gif investment... got it.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

ah so its like a .gif investment... got it.

Not even with LTI. I hope the grey .gif market is still OK.
Perhaps we can turn it around for a profit and get the bigger version later?

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

EminusSleepus posted:

There you have it folks, Karl "Not a Space Marshal Level" Ramseier just affirmed that there is a possibility of collapse of a $90m+ project.

Yes, sure there is. Every project can collapse. So if you don't want to participate you just stay out.

On a sidenote: I know that AP is proud of his cyberstalking skills and I am glad that I am not a female, but I am still not the guy he thinks I am. And it will be interesting what happens if a certain someone dox/cyberstalks the poor guy who isn't even involved.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sappo569 posted:

I'm actually leaning the other direction: they're gonna push out all of these major features (multicrew, new levels, ship/FPS transitions) that they were showing at citizencon. BUT it'll be a hot mess of bugs and jank, some of the features will only be partial implementations of things they hypes up. For example, the "baby PU" will turn out to be a static zone with zero real indications of persistence or universe.

Nevertheless the display of "progress" will solidify the faithful -- it won't matter that it's unplayable as long as it gives them something concrete to talk about. And the fact that it took a year of nothing but ship sales to get it won't even enter their heads.

But it won't make a ton of money, because SC has mostly exhausted the easy money at this point. Earlier someone observed that CIG can make $2-3 million any time they have a big event like citcon, but that kind of thing can't repeat forever.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I am glad that I am not a female

you filth

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
who really gives a poo poo who is from loving reddit. whatever, you are here. provide funny or gather your superintelligence homework and lurk or whatever. who loving cares so drat much.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

MVP posted:

Why is Sandi not a good actress?

https://vimeo.com/49705991

PAAARP

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

On a sidenote: I know that AP is proud of his cyberstalking skills

Not really, you give your twitter account that has the same username as the RSI account. The fact you think it was difficult given that you "fans" all post the same poo poo, in same places and have a twitter social club going to defend your "investment" is pretty weird tbh

Blame yourself really. Also pick a gender for your innocent party, you switched it up just like they do.

AP fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Nov 2, 2015

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
Yeah, I'm going with 2.0 being a hot mess of half-implemented fever dreams and megajank. They desperately need to squeeze something out their fetid pipe for the backers to roll around in to keep the hype train/jpeg sales going.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

I'll buy a new Av or Plat for the first goon to turn this into a nice looking :gary:

:toxx:

skit herre fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 2, 2015

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Honestly giving 10 days as a time frame for 2.0 is pretty smart

If they deliver something at all, cultists will eat that poo poo up no matter how badly it is parped up

If they miss the date, well, game development is hard guys buy more jpgs

Meanwhile over the next two weeks everyone who isn't insane will be playing actual game releases, including but not limited to:

CoD : Blops 3
Fallout 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Star Wars Battlefront
Starcraft 2: LotV
FFXIV 3.1 patch

And lots of other poo poo that will keep most people and the games media from noticing that CIG poo poo themselves again

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yes, sure there is. Every project can collapse. So if you don't want to participate you just stay out.

On a sidenote: I know that AP is proud of his cyberstalking skills and I am glad that I am not a female, but I am still not the guy he thinks I am. And it will be interesting what happens if a certain someone dox/cyberstalks the poor guy who isn't even involved.

first you paid thousands of dollars to play a spaceship game that will never exist and now you've paid :10bux: to not be funny in a comedy forum. i wonder how many other poor decisions you make? one day i think you'll make a good life decision... one day...maybe in two weeks...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tortolia posted:

Honestly giving 10 days as a time frame for 2.0 is pretty smart

If they deliver something at all, cultists will eat that poo poo up no matter how badly it is parped up

If they miss the date, well, game development is hard guys buy more jpgs

Meanwhile over the next two weeks everyone who isn't insane will be playing actual game releases, including but not limited to:

CoD : Blops 3
Fallout 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Star Wars Battlefront
Starcraft 2: LotV
FFXIV 3.1 patch

And lots of other poo poo that will keep most people and the games media from noticing that CIG poo poo themselves again

The 10 days wasn't even put on any official channels was it?

Other than an email reply from 'someone' at CIG

Could have been one of the blacks for all we know

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

skit herre posted:

I'll buy a new Av or Plat for the first goon to turn this into a nice looking :gary:

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

For clarification: Not Oldman's face and moving lips :gary:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
In Two Weeks shitizens will find out that Cryengine Sucks when they're multicrewing no more than 1 1/2 ships because the netcode is so bad. I can't loving wait. :parrot:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

skit herre posted:

how you gonna make that look nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

• Locked thread