Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Dark Off posted:

nope he cant see me with his scanner he has to visually identify where i am
he didn't wake out because a) he has superior 700 million ship b)if he did i would just pull him out of supercruise again.
the other thing to notice here is the fact that i was flying this ship without any flight assist basically turning it into ship with Newtonian flight pattern ( basically i was controlling counter-thrust manually instead of letting computer do it for me)

Hahaha. I'll have to get some ieagle fitting advice in the e:d thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Paramemetic posted:

Yeah okay I've never seen a RtV before or watched a single minute of any of that poo poo

1) why were they blocking people's faces with mics placed way too high

2) why is Money there at all, he's not even mic'd, he keeps talking but they don't have him mic'd so it's just like whispering

3) Lando holding that pose forever, either he's got a migraine or he knows some poo poo and doesn't like it

4) Lando "there is nothing to look forward to" lmao

5) no seriously what the gently caress they've been doing that for years??? mic placement lovely, production value lovely, rambling and incoherent like the worst kind of unscripted LPs, awkwardness tripling in intensity every second

I think it's to appear like their development process is "open." And Lando's is the face of melancholy ambivalence.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Solomonic posted:

that is an accurate summary of what happened

most people were vocally opposed to him going to Libya or Syria or really anywhere outside of GiP but Caro was convinced that any disagreement with his plans was the result of a Dan Brown-esque ring of collusion against him personally by Brown Moses, the CIA, and COINTELPRO so in a show of defiance he went anyway and got thrown in Assad's dungeons and GBS declared him dead

It's kind of like "Well Derek Smart said something negative about Star Citizen so I'm gonna buy another $2000 worth of ships" except at least Caro got some actual pvp out of it, unlike B'Tak

I get that the guy is/was an obvious schizophrenic but what was this surgery that he was supposedly performing?

Also how the gently caress did this guy get to Syria? It sounds like he'd have a hard time getting out of the house without being arrested, reading some of his posts.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Tippis posted:

A citizen posted it on the RSI boards as his own fan/headfiction backstory to the game.

1500 posted:

It was posted on the Star Citizen forum, and stayed their for some time.

That's sad. Thank you for the information.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Solomonic posted:

that is an accurate summary of what happened

most people were vocally opposed to him going to Libya or Syria or really anywhere outside of GiP but Caro was convinced that any disagreement with his plans was the result of a Dan Brown-esque ring of collusion against him personally by Brown Moses, the CIA, and COINTELPRO so in a show of defiance he went anyway and got thrown in Assad's dungeons and GBS declared him dead

It's kind of like "Well Derek Smart said something negative about Star Citizen so I'm gonna buy another $2000 worth of ships" except at least Caro got some actual pvp out of it, unlike B'Tak

Yes there was no way to dissuade him because he took any opposing opinion to mean you were the cia. And lol that's the perfect analogy it was :psyduck: levels of watching someone make incredibly poor life decisions through extreme mental illness and being powerless to stop them, and in the end just watching because what the gently caress, you can't change anything so might as well keep tabs on the unbelievable looming car crash. No one was cheering him on but plenty of rubbernecking over the ridiculous situation

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dark Off posted:

nope he cant see me with his scanner he has to visually identify where i am
he didn't wake out because a) he has superior 700 million ship b)if he did i would just pull him out of supercruise again.
the other thing to notice here is the fact that i was flying this ship without any flight assist basically turning it into ship with Newtonian flight pattern ( basically i was controlling counter-thrust manually instead of letting computer do it for me)
Yes he can. You'll have been an unresolved (i.e. fuzzy) contact on his scanner. So he'd have been able to see you on there, but he couldn't lock you.

To disappear from scanners completely you need to be a lot further away or a lot colder. It's basically impossible with hardpoints deployed, as that always bumps up your signature a bit regardless.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 8, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

what goon has the highest KDR?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

El Grillo posted:

Eonwe were you aware of the Caro stuff going down in 2011? If so, did GiP basically drive a clearly mentally ill/schizophrenic person to go to Libya and Syria to 'prove himself' to them? I've had a read of some of the stuff and it's so immensely hosed up even for SA. What a rabbit hole.
e: sorry to disturb the karma of the SC thread with this but GBS is :yikes:

im pretty sure goons actually actively tried to talk him out of going from what I heard, but no, I wasn't aware of it until later and I've never read any thread by Caro actually

he apparently lived very near me in Dallas tho? idk

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mendrian posted:

I get that the guy is/was an obvious schizophrenic but what was this surgery that he was supposedly performing?

He preformed some sort of surgery in Libya after claiming he was a medic (because he watched a bunch of surgical videos on YouTube or WikiHow or something like that). It might've been an appendectomy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cocaine dad show posted:

im not eonwe but the gist seemed to be that most people were like no caro please don't go to a warzone, you will die, get help, and caro was extremely mentally ill and went anyway. He has been a figure for a while who was convinced there was a cia conspiracy and gangstalking against him, and people could only watch in horror as he went to go and do unlicensed surgery he learned from YouTube on people

yea, i think this

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Wafflz posted:

what goon has the highest KDR?

Maybe the guy who asked tfr about the best guns to protect his pumpkins from thieves and then used the info to buy guns and kill a bunch of people, and maybe himself? Can't quite remember but it was bad and people died

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Mendrian posted:

He posted on one of his many reregs saying he'd learned how to do field surgery off Youtube and was operating on guerrillas in Libyan hotels. Everybody was like 'lmao you're full of poo poo' and then he started posting videos where he was actually in Libya and performing amateur surgery and it went from funny japes to :stare:

quote:

Also how the gently caress did this guy get to Syria? It sounds like he'd have a hard time getting out of the house without being arrested, reading some of his posts.

i really have no idea on this one.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mendrian posted:

America has many banks perfectly willing to issue you a credit card that you can max out and buy tickets and gear with.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So I took a day-and-a-half break to try and catch up on the F.A.T.A.L. and Friends thread in Traditional Games. I come back, see +1900 posts since I last read, and think "....nah, if something really has happened, that number would be MUCH higher."

Aside from EightAce going Full :tinfoil: that seems to be correct.

Oh, and my idea to call a Sports radio show was Two Weeks'd. No refunds, sorry.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Mendrian posted:

He racked up $40,000 in credit card debt so I'd be willing to bet a fair few palms were greased

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

cocaine dad show posted:

Maybe the guy who asked tfr about the best guns to protect his pumpkins from thieves and then used the info to buy guns and kill a bunch of people, and maybe himself? Can't quite remember but it was bad and people died

I guess you have to decide if x:1 is better than a smaller x:0.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

G0RF posted:

Reporting live from the Austin offices...

lol ofcourse their's a southern cross flag

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

So I took a day-and-a-half break to try and catch up on the F.A.T.A.L. and Friends thread in Traditional Games. I come back, see +1900 posts since I last read, and think "....nah, if something really has happened, that number would be MUCH higher."

Aside from EightAce going Full :tinfoil: that seems to be correct.

Oh, and my idea to call a Sports radio show was Two Weeks'd. No refunds, sorry.

I used to be like ooh 500 posts since I went to sleep has a thing happened, but most of the time it's just shitposting and I am ok with it. I love when a new catastrophe happens and we can have a good laugh but I also like catching up with how my thread pals have been posting cats and recipes and good things in elite. It's good to be chill and have a good time and not get frustrated when there's not a new big thing. There's lots to laugh at and no hurry to see it through imo

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Mendrian posted:

He went to Turkey, found people who could get him across the border. Apparently the first try failed and he got kicked backed into Turkey. He made his contacts in Turkey so uncomfortable they reported they were actually relieved when he disappeared. His second attempt to enter Syria obviously worked. His last contact was made from Turkey, immediately before attempting another crossing.

I think the medical stuff he did was IVs and cleaning wounds, learned from watching Youtube videos. He also acted as a sniper in Libya and seems to have shot some of Gaddafi's regime forces.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Mendrian posted:

He flew to a border country (I think Turkey?) then crossed in via taxi by telling people he was there to support the rebels. There was a report from the hotel he stayed at on the border.

He was presumed dead because a British prisoner who was released claimed he died in one of Assad's black site prison camps.

This is an article from pre-release that surmises he died: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/syria-isis-kevin-dawes

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

Slowly? This guy's two parps away from going postal. Reading that post genuinely disturbed me.

Also hello SA.My username made sense at the time. This thread is awesome. Keep up the good work.

A nine year delurking :prepop:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Haskell9 posted:

A nine year delurking :prepop:

It is an omen.

Holy poo poo 07's are 9 year vets now

All my life on these forums :negative:

edit: I am a "mister" in forum years and I expect the due respect of it now

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

XK posted:

He went to Turkey, found people who could get him across the border. Apparently the first try failed and he got kicked backed into Turkey. He made his contacts in Turkey so uncomfortable they reported they were actually relieved when he disappeared. His second attempt to enter Syria obviously worked. His last contact was made from Turkey, immediately before attempting another crossing.

He made a supreme loving effort to make it happen, he was really determined to be a war tourist. I feel bad for him in many ways because through extreme mental illness he had the drive to do pretty much the worst thing you could do with your life and short of him being sectioned there was no stopping him. I hope he will be ok and get the help he needs

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

grimcreaper posted:

Lando seems to be seriously worried about being fired as they also recall his "story leak" lol.

So, Lando got in trouble for leaking story that Chris Roberts has already given out, WHOLE SALE, to the media? Wow.

What was the leak?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

What was the leak?

On another note, this is the first time I've watched one of these and everything is just so strained. It's really extremely uncomfortable.

Is it the RtV, or are they being shocked with the worst kind of electricity???

it is impossible to tell

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cocaine dad show posted:

yea, im pretty sure pumpkin guy has killed the most people outside of Goons in Platoons

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i mean no disrespect toward anyone in the military i just thought it was a funny joke

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I think the first time I actually watched one of the 20ftchm or rtv was the other week when I was high, in bed and had my cat purring on my chest and I still felt toe curlingly awkward and had to switch it off because all those things combined did not negate how horribly cringey it was

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So a new game (early access) was released on steam: Game Tycoon 2

What are the chances we can build a development studio and run it like CIG, into (short term) financial success?

I'll be very disappointed if there is no 'snort coke and then ramble on camera for 2 hours' option for media presence

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404640/?snr=1_5_9__205

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

cocaine dad show posted:

I think the first time I actually watched one of the 20ftchm or rtv was the other week when I was high, in bed and had my cat purring on my chest and I still felt toe curlingly awkward and had to switch it off because all those things combined did not negate how horribly cringey it was

It's the male version of housewives or kardashian shows.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Eonwe posted:

i mean no disrespect toward anyone in the military i just thought it was a funny joke

Oh yeah lol I always forget there is a sub forum for the army people to oorah and chest bump each other over beng in the army. Also no disrespect, I just forget that's a thing. There's such a diversity of sub forums for niche things. I would probably cry and fail at being a soldier tbh, it's so alien to me

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:captainpop:

The guy that made that choose your own adventure thing in GBS is going to have to change the outcome of the Caro character now

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Thanks for the links to the most uncomfortable parts of that ATV. They really do give off the impression that they're on the SS Don'tGiveAFuck and she is taking on water.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Lladre posted:

It's the male version of housewives or kardashian shows.

At least with those things I can get together with equally gay as hell friends friends and laugh about the shows being bad with snacks and weed, there's no way I can show cigs stuff to people I know and have a feel good laugh fest outside of this thread. I'm glad of the people who watch them for me and post the salient points so I don have to suffer

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

starkebn posted:

why starship have wings Crobber?

I get so tired of people asking this. It's for when they flip the planetary landing switch already. Do you NOT watch the open development videos?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Samizdata posted:

I get so tired of people asking this. It's for when they flip the planetary landing switch already. Do you NOT watch the open development videos?

But what about the ships which will land but don't have wings, like say the Idris & her crew of 37 parpeteers?

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Is there a way for me to really understand game development? I apparently do not.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Paramemetic posted:

Yeah okay I've never seen a RtV before or watched a single minute of any of that poo poo

1) why were they blocking people's faces with mics placed way too high

2) why is Money there at all, he's not even mic'd, he keeps talking but they don't have him mic'd so it's just like whispering

3) Lando holding that pose forever, either he's got a migraine or he knows some poo poo and doesn't like it

4) Lando "there is nothing to look forward to" lmao

5) no seriously what the gently caress they've been doing that for years??? mic placement lovely, production value lovely, rambling and incoherent like the worst kind of unscripted LPs, awkwardness tripling in intensity every second

Answers

1) they are really bad at their jobs
2) Money showed up in the live-streams after the escapist article accused Sandi of being a racist. He is a video editor or something and have nothing to do with the game. He is literally a token black guy
3/4) Lando is a crazy fan who somehow got hired, he did some weird puppet videos about star citizen using an old Lando action figure. He seems to give no poo poo about Star Citizen now and will often do his thousand yard stare, among other things. some goons like him for it.
5) since nothing happens in SC, most of their live-streams is just rambling about wing commander, movies and what they had to eat.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If the game development makes sense it is not Star Citizen. If the game development doesn't make sense it might be Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I mean all disrespect to Goons in Platoons.

• Locked thread