Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

fuctifino posted:

When will the brothel and torture modules be released?

Black market captured Vanduul Prisoner Transport and Interrogation Ship $2000. It would go out of stock in one minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=6FF-ewiwmhs&video_start=0&audio=J5NXTMTQZEI&audio_start=0

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Berious posted:

I don't think they've even got around to describing how most of the modules in their big science jpeg will work on a mechanical level. With the exception of growing space weed, we've seen mock ups of that.

But how will science differ from research, what would the space telescope do, how will medical stuff work? No loving idea just buy the $900 jpeg OK? :iiam:

Obviously, it will be a fully developed, innovative and immersive science experience, nothing else would be worth of Chris Roberts BDSSE.

1) Write a space hypothesis on your space desk.
2) Establish certain assertions to be tested through empirical research.
3) Either hire researchers to do space research for your space science or do it yourself if you're space poor.
4) Discover that the research data does not fit your space hypothesis. Massage the figures until they fit.
5) Write up your space science article and submit it to a number of reputable space science journals.
6) Once the reputable journals reject you, try submitting the article to Vanduul space science journals instead.
7) If your article is accepted, repeat 1-6 until you're offered tenure by a space university.

Occasionally fellow player and AI scientists will challenge your articles, and you have to shoot at them with your space ship to make them issue retractions.

Alternatively, all the modules could just have a little time bar that makes you wait for half an hour, then says "space science/research/farming/power generation complete, gain 500 credits".

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

If you back SC you own 2 things:

Jpegs
Yourself

The undying gratitude of Goons who lap up the drama like the finest cream.

I'm not refunding my $40; I'm in this to the bitter end. Archive this, Reddit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

happyhippy posted:

I declare the name of this room Emerald lovely.
After Oz.

which char from Oz is croberts? im gonna pick Beecher because he shits all over the backers Schillinger

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

yea its those tables lmao

$550-1k for each of those tables

:homebrew:

HOLY poo poo those are some pricey loving desks.

MeLKoR posted:

He's right, you know? And I know I'm not the only one. :smith:

and lol at goons buying back in

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

MeLKoR posted:

He's right, you know? And I know I'm not the only one. :smith:

Why? It is still hilarious and at least 2 to 3 years from release. You don't go from janky poo poo like this to release in a year. I mean, you could just say 'done!' and release as is.

Even if it does come out, I don't care because goons will buy this game and grief the living gently caress out of people. I get my entertainment either way.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

The undying gratitude of Goons who lap up the drama like the finest cream.

I'm not refunding my $40; I'm in this to the bitter end. Archive this, Reddit.

I've come all the way full circle - I'm gonna buy more. This comedy engine needs fuel, damnit!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dapper Dan posted:

Why? It is still hilarious and at least 2 to 3 years from release. You don't go from janky poo poo like this to release in a year. I mean, you could just say 'done!' and release as is.

Even if it does come out, I don't care because goons will buy this game and grief the living gently caress out of people. I get my entertainment either way.

pretty much this. i win in every possible scenario this can play out, while the true believers can only win if the game comes out the way Christo Roberto envisioned it to be or whatever.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

revmoo posted:

Uhh hello, we're already in 2.0.
Of the Baby PU. This is the Meconium phase before we eventually get the true 1.0 release of the full PU in a couple of years.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Agrajag posted:

HOLY poo poo those are some pricey loving desks.

and lol at goons buying back in

actually looking through the website, that is the espresso elm and rust metal option. and probably the largest size too.

so grats $1000 per table hahahha :wtchris:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

yea its those tables lmao

$550-1k for each of those tables

:homebrew:

60" ones, PRICE $895 ea, they should have gone for distressed white metal those are on sale at $715.

But they wouldn't have matched the bars on the windows and bad colour matching might have depressed people.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper Dan posted:

For the first time I saw The Vision, I can't just unsee it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

actually looking through the website, that is the espresso elm and rust metal option. and probably the largest size too.

so grats $1000 per table hahahha :wtchris:

what is the loving theme they are going for anyway, rustic chic? Is this like the in thing for interior decorators now? won't their airplane desk clash? lets hope those desks are made with with water logged wood because that's where the real quality wood comes from. these are the important issues here people.

always remember smart money buys waterlogged lumber

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 24, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

XK posted:

Those are all real modules? :lol: again.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

A lot of things have to come together to create a post and it takes teamwork, good old fashioned teamwork.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

That's one hot ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVG85j8I2us

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

60" ones, PRICE $895 ea, they should have gone for distressed white metal those are on sale at $715.

But they wouldn't have matched the bars on the windows and bad colour matching might have depressed people.

So $10,740 worth of desk in that pic alone. Or to put it another way, approx. 2x War Packs and 2x Racing Packs. Thank you for your donation citizen. See you in the 'verse (we'll be the ones sitting at the expensive desks making more jpegs while you struggle to pay your rent).

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

revmoo posted:

Open plan office spaces crack me up.

"We can't find talent! The labor pool is poo poo right now!!!"

Uhh no, nobody wants to work in your loving work-release concentration camp.

A couple of years ago the Huffington Post decided to remove all the cube walls and compress everyone into a much smaller space. That's 770 Broadway in New York.

The noise is phenomenal, and it's more because Arianna has a chubby for the New York Times and wants the feel of a real newspaper.

Note: I do not work here.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

AP posted:

Something boxes.

each one of those desks costs $1000

[url]https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod2710129&categoryId=cat1676047[/url

edit: i shouldve read the rest of the thread before quoting this

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 24, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
this space doesn't seem to take into account cable management for their design choices. i can only imagine the horrible amount of cables snaking along the floor to wherever the power outlets are.

Hav posted:

A couple of years ago the Huffington Post decided to remove all the cube walls and compress everyone into a much smaller space. That's 770 Broadway in New York.

The noise is phenomenal, and it's more because Arianna has a chubby for the New York Times and wants the feel of a real newspaper.

Note: I do not work here.

imagine all their periods syncing up...

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 24, 2015

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I've come all the way full circle - I'm gonna buy more. This comedy engine needs fuel, damnit!

Ssssh, you're exposing the pump'n'dump of the Idris M futures. Secret forum secrets.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

I wasn't knocking your post, it's just when talking to someone who doesn't know how crazy all this is that they don't know exactly what you mean. As far as CIG is concerned they are different ships, but if you can't tell them apart easily there's a lot of copy/paste going on behind the scenes.
Ha-- well I really did need that correction because I'd heard the 30-something claim from somebody crowing on Reddit and actually didn't bother to check it. I just thought "wow- maybe they're moving faster than I thought."

So I laughed when I saw that was really half that, with variants filling the spread.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

AP posted:

Something Tables.

These windows are the worst because they are real loving firefighter killers. Like, some poor artist or programmer decides he's had enough and sets this poo poo on fire, and some dude goes in to rescue him, they are right hosed if they need to bail out. Usually those cages are on the outside and you just saw them off when you get there but putting them inside is some bullshit.

Although it doesn't matter because CIG strikes me as the kind of operation to put a halon suppression system in there without any kind of emergency stop. A new and inventive way to downsize!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Those desks are definitely dumb for an office environment, but $700 for a decent desk/table is not expensive. What should they have gone with instead? Tiny $200 IKEA/MDF/70s prison (although that would have fit the theme) desks with three legged stools?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

alphabettitouretti posted:

So $10,740 worth of desk in that pic alone. Or to put it another way, approx. 2x War Packs and 2x Racing Packs. Thank you for your donation citizen. See you in the 'verse (we'll be the ones sitting at the expensive desks making more jpegs while you struggle to pay your rent).

Also, all of them have shopping trolley wheels.
On a hard floor.

Bumper car coding sessions anyone?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ahahaha THAT GUY

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

How many staff do they have in that new office, anyone know?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ragequit posted:

Those desks are definitely dumb for an office environment, but $700 for a decent desk/table is not expensive. What should they have gone with instead? Tiny $200 IKEA/MDF/70s prison (although that would have fit the theme) desks with three legged stools?

think of it this way: the money they are using for those desks were given to them with developing a game in mind not buying super chic desks. if the money used wasn't crowd funded nobody would give a gently caress. the range from super cheap to the ones they are using is huge. you don't need to pay 700-1k for a desk and you're dumb for thinking any workspace needs 1k desks. least of all a company that relies on crowd funding

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 24, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alphabettitouretti posted:

How many staff do they have in that new office, anyone know?

The way they keep track is the small number tattoo they give all staff

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Agrajag posted:

think of it this way: the money they are using for those desks were given to them with developing a game in mind not buying super chic desks. if the money used wasn't crowd funded nobody would give a gently caress

A responsible dev making an outrageously ambitious game would look to save money wherever possible. There is middle ground between Ikea MDF and $1k restored hand build artisan hipster desks where you get a useful and suitable piece of furniture without getting silly.

Also, $200 for an Ikea desk? That would be plush for Ikea. They start at $30 for the most basic. I use one and worst I can say about it is the white veneer is chipping off. Otherwise it fulfills its primary purpose of keeping my poo poo off the floor.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 24, 2015

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Ragequit posted:

Well for one thing these desks have no cable management, drawers or cabinets. which make them pretty poor for general office use. Its purely form over function. But I think the issue is that this being a crowd funded project, you'd expect them be a little more thrify with their furnishings. There was no stretch goal for "buy us fancy desks".

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

think of it this way: the money they are using for those desks were given to them with developing a game in mind not buying super chic desks. if the money used wasn't crowd funded nobody would give a gently caress. the range from super cheap to the ones they are using is huge. you don't need to pay 700-1k for a desk and you're dumb for thinking any workspace needs 1k desks. least of all a company that relies on crowd funding

It's like $3000 to set up a single cubicle where I am from, so I guess it's comparatively drat cheap. They are literally setting up desks with no drawers in a prison block with no internal walls/cubes. I don't know how much cheaper you can get.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ragequit posted:

In a way I hear you, quality desks are more expensive than people think. But them's the breaks when you're super late on delivering a project you begged the money to build

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 24, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
like gently caress even holdings companies or even pe firms spend that kind of money on desks for their office workspace, aside from the managing director's office.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ragequit posted:

Chairs are the thing. Chairs are more important than the flat surface that you work on, and nobody has talked about the chairs because Herman Miller is a base standard for something you'll spend a third of your life on.

You don't go to loving restoration hardware for loving desks unless you're a New York advertising boutique.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Hav posted:

Chairs are the thing. Chairs are more important than the flat surface that you work on, and nobody has talked about the chairs because Herman Miller is a base standard for something you'll spend a third of your life on.

You don't go to loving restoration hardware for loving desks unless you're a New York advertising boutique.

Agreed, chairs need to be good. The desk is dumb, I have no qualms there. It's still cheap as far as office furniture goes, which is all I was trying to say.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Nicholas posted:

Well for one thing these desks have no cable management, drawers or cabinets. which make them pretty poor for general office use. Its purely form over function. But I think the issue is that this being a crowd funded project, you'd expect them be a little more thrify with their furnishings. There was no stretch goal for "buy us fancy desks".

Give it two weeks and they'll all have those lovely little plastic drawers on their fancy desks to keep their crap in. Also someone will have taken the wheels off Ben's desk because it skids across the floor when he bumps it with his gut.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

A barcode tattooed on the groin would double as enforcement of proper grooming standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

peter gabriel posted:

you sure that isn't their number in line when ben goes chomping on employees?

• Locked thread