Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crash74
May 11, 2009

Bundle of Keys posted:

AROUND THE VERSE: Episode 2.7

do they normally use a loving teleprompter for these things :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

FactsAreUseless posted:

The trad games community outside of SA is the single most toxic community I have ever seen, and I'm including the DOTA thread.

Worse than CSGO? Because that "community" is a toxic train wreck, probably worse than little kids screaming on the mic in Call of Duty.

"Oh yeah, they started the auto war, those stupid human being Jew cunts." *goes on 30 minute racial slur rant as they grief their own 5-man team for competitive trying to get teammates auto banned for vote kicking too much*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Worse than CSGO? Because that "community" is a toxic train wreck, probably worse than little kids screaming on the mic in Call of Duty.

"Oh yeah, they started the auto war, those stupid human being Jew cunts." *goes on 30 minute racial slur rant as they grief their own 5-man team for competitive trying to get teammates auto banned for vote kicking too much*
Yes. Trust me.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

any game community is toxic because playing electronic children's toys for too long is detrimental to your well-being, and any community that makes it more enjoyable to spend more time doing it is bad for your health and toxic

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

neonbregna posted:

Have you seen the fallout 4 thread? There is at least one poster who is very disappointed that you can't kill kids.

Despite said poster disavowing said child killing despite claims to the contrary, of course.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes. Trust me.

Oh dear. :ohdear: I don't even want to know now.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Give all the kids ak47's

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Justin Tyme posted:

any game community is toxic because playing electronic children's toys for too long is detrimental to your well-being

Luckily there is no chance of that here in the SC community!

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
Because it crashes a lot

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
and probably won't actually exist

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Have they even said where their new studio is apart from "Santa Monica"? Like, where the new digs are located? Bars on the windows seems like it's not that nice of an area?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

ZenMaster posted:

Have they even said where their new studio is apart from "Santa Monica"? Like, where the new digs are located? Bars on the windows seems like it's not that nice of an area?

They are to keep the employees in during crunch time. Crunch time may be for months at a time.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ZenMaster posted:

They said it's now just inside the LA border I think. So it's at least cheaper on a per sq ft basis.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ZenMaster posted:

They'll have to update this at some point for LA and Austin.

https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/contact

Actually, Karl, during your next chat please remind Sandi to update that will you? Pretty sure they don't want mail going missing.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
So is Chris Roberts the Wilson Fisk of PC gaming?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

AP posted:

They'll have to update this at some point for LA and Austin.

https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/contact

Actually, Karl, during your next chat please remind Sandi to update that will you? Pretty sure they don't want mail going missing.

google street view seems to indicate that they are smack dab in the middle of a beach side strip mall or at least very close to the beach. place looks pricey

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 25, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this thread is healthy and good because it encourages people to not spend money on a game.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Chairman Wao posted:

So is Chris Roberts the Wilson Fisk of PC gaming?

Nope

Wilson Fisk was good at what he did.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

google street view seems to indicate that they are smack dab in the middle of a beach side strip mall or at least very close to the beach.

That's the old locations for LA & Austin.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

AP posted:

That's the old locations for LA & Austin.

oh then i would love to see a google streetview of the new place.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Raged posted:

Nope

Wilson Fisk was good at what he did.

I dunno, he hosed up a whole bunch, especially when he fell in love or whatever.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Agrajag posted:

google street view seems to indicate that they are smack dab in the middle of a beach side strip mall or at least very close to the beach. place looks pricey

Yeah, that is the old office I am 99% sure. ... we should know in two weeks. (or so)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Agrajag posted:

oh then i would love to see a google streetview of the new place.
I would be curious to see what a building with windows like that would look like on the outside.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Another patch. These are pretty small and not really worth noting so I may stop transcribing to the thread until they release some gameplay fixes of note. It's nice that they're hammering out crash bugs so quickly, but nobody aside from testers really cares.

2.0.0d Patch Notes

Hangar Module Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the Hangar elevator was not working and would cause the client to crash when attempting to use it to go to Crusader.

Social Module Fixes (actually PU)
  • Fixed an issue where players could not fire FPS weapons in or around Cry-Astro.
  • Fixed several issues with Quantum Travel involving collision and nearby stations causing malfunctions or false errors.
  • Particle effects have received a performance pass, particularly around thrusters and engines.
  • Fixed an issue where the Constellation would remain in a partial Quantum Travel state if the pilot left his chair mid-QT.
  • Fixed several server-side crashes in Crusader.
  • Fixes have been focused around crashes that involve ship spawn, destruction and server clean-up of specific events.
  • Fixed several client-side crashes in Crusader.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when players attempted to return to the hangar from Crusader.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Another patch. These are pretty small and not really worth noting so I may stop transcribing to the thread until they release some gameplay fixes of note. It's nice that they're hammering out crash bugs so quickly, but nobody aside from testers really cares.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the game in its stable state when it comes to enjoyability of gameplay?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Joins Reddit to post about Derek Smart:

:ironicat:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Oh dear. :ohdear: I don't even want to know now.

Yes you do. Go read the grognards.txt thread, and then weep for the Universe.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Godmode Enabled posted:

Elite Dangerous is a real non jpeg based Space Game and is $15 (67% off) right now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/

Thanks for the heads up!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the game in its stable state when it comes to enjoyability of gameplay?

At best I have played for maybe 15 minutes before a crash, so I'm not sure I'm really qualified to answer that. That said, it's quite fun but appears to be extremely content limited. The game right now is spawn ship, fly to station, engage pirates, get out and go inside to hit widget. Repeat. That's... more or less it. No way to earn credits or ships, no point to the missions. It's quite expansive in terms of space and there's a lot of neat ship widgets to look at, but it is more of a tech toy than a functional game. I would say it's an 8 out of 10 for a platform to build a game on, but probably only a couple-hour time waster if you're looking for something to get absorbed in.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, a lot of other sites are obsessed with SA. In the online tabletop gaming world, SA is known as a hive of SJW thought that is trying to destroy gaming.

Is this the consensus at AdeptiCon? I'm thinking of going next year. I'll have to go incognito (as if I would ever admit to anyone that I post on this loving forum).

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I predict they are going to wait as long as humanly possible to introduce earning persistent credits in-game because that is going to severely impact funding. If they somehow actually are sticking to their budget, it would be at least several months after 100 mil.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Have they solved any more of the crashes with this d update?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Someone please photoshop parp gary into this... On vacation and can't myself :( tia

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Lol at the dev time being spent fixing bugs on a tech demo

Lolll cig laffo spaceships

gently caress off Karl

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this thread is healthy and good because it encourages people to not spend money on a game.

Um, actually, I just bought E:D because of this thread. :shobon:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Hey guys Chris Roberts here

gently caress you and thanks for the laughs

I'm rich btcih

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Bundle of Keys posted:

Um, actually, I just bought E:D because of this thread. :shobon:

Same here. A functional Euro Space Truck Simulator for fifteen bucks is a steal.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

El Grillo posted:

Have they solved any more of the crashes with this d update?

It feels like it- first attempt tonight and I was able to play a solid 20 minutes before I crashed out. Flew to a station, turned on a commlink, killed some pirates, got a new mission that took me to a random asteroid field and then black screen. Feels much better.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nation posted:

Hey guys Chris Roberts here

gently caress you and thanks for the laughs

I'm rich btcih

Only three lines? Money must be tight

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Only three lines? Money must be tight
The real Chris Roberts would take seven paragraphs to say what he did in three lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

2.0.0d Patch Notes

Hangar Module Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the Hangar elevator was not working and would cause the client to crash when attempting to use it to go to Crusader.

Social Module Fixes (actually PU)
  • Fixed an issue where players could not fire FPS weapons in or around Cry-Astro.
  • Fixed several issues with Quantum Travel involving collision and nearby stations causing malfunctions or false errors.
  • Particle effects have received a performance pass, particularly around thrusters and engines.
  • Fixed an issue where the Constellation would remain in a partial Quantum Travel state if the pilot left his chair mid-QT.
  • Fixed several server-side crashes in Crusader.
  • Fixes have been focused around crashes that involve ship spawn, destruction and server clean-up of specific events.
  • Fixed several client-side crashes in Crusader.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when players attempted to return to the hangar from Crusader.

Naval action is an alpha that began June 17, 2013 with the old, tattered remnants of PotBS. They have like 7 devs working on it.

They released a patch (9.0) yesterday:

admin posted:

What's important:
Glorious game breaking bugs have most likely been added
Port battles added (Capitals, Regional Capitals and Free Towns are uncapturable - see the list)
Admiralty orders added to events: as a foundation for the admiralty store and fame points (or admiralty points)
Honor kill requirements are temporarily disabled due to popular demand. They will come back stronger and improved taking into account your feedback.
Open map events foundations added: Sail around and sometimes you will find an even just for you. System is rudimentary and will act as a basis for future development of variability and epic battles on the OW.
Bots ship variety returned
Teleport now works only to Capitals
Pre-Port battle anti griefing mechanics introduced. You cannot attack vessels or groups that have BR 5x higher than yours. If you are attacking a group of ship stationed together their combined BR is taken into account. Frigate supposedly wont attack 5 santisimas sailing close to each other.

This ignores the fixes as well.

fake edit: The removal of HKs, thank god.

second fake edit: Just pointing out how non-revolutionary, non-groundbreaking, slow, and horribly designed state the game is in without bringing up Elite.

• Locked thread